Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carrol 19:12 - Jan 4 with 5367 viewspostman

He was playing the back ball practically right throughout the game surely he realises the opposing goalmouth is in front of him not behind played the same system right throughout his life season back back back
Carrol on 19:16 - Jan 4 with 4020 viewsandrew

If he’s still in the team when Ki is fit an Mesa is untested then Carvalhal needs to be sacked.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Carrol on 19:22 - Jan 4 with 3972 viewsTheResurrection

No he wasn't, that's just a Bullshit opening post.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Carrol on 19:26 - Jan 4 with 3953 viewsDarran

Carrol on 19:22 - Jan 4 by TheResurrection

No he wasn't, that's just a Bullshit opening post.

I don’t often agree with The Res but I do here. The shit that Carroll gets is pathetic.
He could pass the ball back to Mawson with 2 minutes on the clock and the score at 0-0 and there’d be a massive groan around the ground from the thick twáts following us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Carrol on 19:30 - Jan 4 with 3936 views34dfgdf54

Carrol on 19:26 - Jan 4 by Darran

I don’t often agree with The Res but I do here. The shit that Carroll gets is pathetic.
He could pass the ball back to Mawson with 2 minutes on the clock and the score at 0-0 and there’d be a massive groan around the ground from the thick twáts following us.

Seriously though, what is he bringing to the team?

He obviously must be doing something because like I said on a previous post, two coaches who are a lot more clued up than me, seem to pick him every week. I don’t see it if I’m being honest.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 19:30]
Carrol on 19:34 - Jan 4 with 3903 viewsMrSwerve

Indeed. He gets pelters for no reason a lot of the time.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Carrol on 19:36 - Jan 4 with 3885 viewswhoflungdung

He brings uncertainty and indecision

Apart from naughton , Fernadez , the player most deserving of approbium

Sanches corners showed an immediate improvement and Carroll should stay well away from taking dead balls

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Carrol on 19:55 - Jan 4 with 3824 viewsshandyjack

i agree, people harp on about the Swansea way under Martinez and Rodgers, but that was built on keeping the ball which involved a lot of passing amongst the back four and leon and joey playing safe

Poll: Expectation for the season

Carrol on 19:58 - Jan 4 with 3805 viewsjasfan

Positives: Good passing at times, high work rate, doesn't hide from receiving the ball despite all the stick he gets in the game, willing to try the more ambitious pass

Negatives - ducks out of tackles and avoids physical contact, relies almost totally on his left foot so is predictable for the opposition players, likes to check back too often before making the pass
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 20:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Carrol on 20:18 - Jan 4 with 3741 viewsswanforthemoney

First half, the conditions on left side of midfield around half way were dreadful. Probably about an inch of water lying around, ball throwing up spray. It was just in front of me. Almost unplayable. Since that’s where Carrol was playing, it’s hardly surprising he was having difficulty.
Not the player he was last season, but why do we have to crucify our own players all the time.

I stand in the North Stand

Carrol on 20:24 - Jan 4 with 3706 viewspencoedjack

A neat & tidy footballer who in my opinion playing in a league above where he should be.

Could count on 1 hand the games he had for us where he has done better than 7/10
Carrol on 20:39 - Jan 4 with 3627 viewsOnelessstar

Carrol on 19:36 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

He brings uncertainty and indecision

Apart from naughton , Fernadez , the player most deserving of approbium

Sanches corners showed an immediate improvement and Carroll should stay well away from taking dead balls

Fernandez? Really?

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

Carrol on 21:31 - Jan 4 with 3476 viewsharryhpalmer

Carrol on 19:30 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Seriously though, what is he bringing to the team?

He obviously must be doing something because like I said on a previous post, two coaches who are a lot more clued up than me, seem to pick him every week. I don’t see it if I’m being honest.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 19:30]

despite all of the stick he gets on the pitch. he's always showing for the ball.

and much of the reason he passes the ball backwards, like a lot of our midfielders, is there's seldom any bugger running into space for him to pass the ball to.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Carrol on 21:39 - Jan 4 with 3451 viewswhoflungdung

Yes really
A rock he is not, easily bullied ,out jumped and turned inside out .mainly loses concentration and looks for an offside decision instead of tackling his man

Really

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Carrol on 21:53 - Jan 4 with 3425 viewsOnelessstar

Carrol on 21:39 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

Yes really
A rock he is not, easily bullied ,out jumped and turned inside out .mainly loses concentration and looks for an offside decision instead of tackling his man

Really

Ok then.... but how does he stand out for criticism relative to almost every other player this season? He’s middle of the pack at worst. Thanks for the information, though.

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

Carrol on 21:57 - Jan 4 with 3406 viewsAguycalledJack

I thought Fernandez to blame for Watford’s first goal and I’m really not sure what he was doing for Spurs second. Man and ball should have been in the stand.
Carrol on 21:58 - Jan 4 with 3396 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Largely our only midfield player prepared to try a difficult pass. A lot of our fans have problems with players who do this because their stats say they lose the ball more often than others who always play the safe pass. See Hernandez P.

In Caroll’s Case I think his football brain is better than his feet. He sees things very well but isn’t able to execute them often enough.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Carrol on 21:59 - Jan 4 with 3391 viewsAnotherJohn

Had the gravest doubts about him before Carroll re-signed. He did then have a short purple patch when I thought I'd been wrong, but this season he has been just as I imagined. Not good enough for the Prem.
Carrol on 22:11 - Jan 4 with 3336 viewsZZoric

the folk that cannot see his obvious talent - clearly aint that clued up - and as some often say: football aint for them

he is the closest we have of potentially filling Leon's massive boots:
- intelligence - always thinking ahead, heads-up
- massive work rate
- positional sense
- defensive-minded, firstly
- gifted passer - both short and long incisive
- sweet left peg
- future captain material
Carrol on 22:18 - Jan 4 with 3290 views34dfgdf54

Carrol on 22:11 - Jan 4 by ZZoric

the folk that cannot see his obvious talent - clearly aint that clued up - and as some often say: football aint for them

he is the closest we have of potentially filling Leon's massive boots:
- intelligence - always thinking ahead, heads-up
- massive work rate
- positional sense
- defensive-minded, firstly
- gifted passer - both short and long incisive
- sweet left peg
- future captain material

Oh right.

I must have missed his Roy Keane like performances then.

Future captain material.
Carrol on 22:29 - Jan 4 with 3242 viewspencoedjack

Carrol on 22:18 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Oh right.

I must have missed his Roy Keane like performances then.

Future captain material.

I think it’s Toms Dad mate
Carrol on 22:38 - Jan 4 with 3211 viewsJonTheJack

This thread is baffling.

He is a complete waste of a player at the moment. His confidence is completely shot; as he showed last season that he is more than capable.

Against Spurs he was actually making an effort to put a Spurs player between himself and fellow team mates when we had possession coupled with only one player having a lower pass completion percentage.......Fabianski.

He needs to be benched.
Carrol on 22:41 - Jan 4 with 3196 views34dfgdf54

Carrol on 22:29 - Jan 4 by pencoedjack

I think it’s Toms Dad mate

Edit - Misread
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 7:52]
Carrol on 22:51 - Jan 4 with 3161 viewsDrGonzo

Carrol on 22:38 - Jan 4 by JonTheJack

This thread is baffling.

He is a complete waste of a player at the moment. His confidence is completely shot; as he showed last season that he is more than capable.

Against Spurs he was actually making an effort to put a Spurs player between himself and fellow team mates when we had possession coupled with only one player having a lower pass completion percentage.......Fabianski.

He needs to be benched.

He was spectacularly bad against spurs. He offers absolutely nothing in either defence or attack.
Carrol on 23:29 - Jan 4 with 3093 viewsskettyparkherbert

Carrol on 21:59 - Jan 4 by AnotherJohn

Had the gravest doubts about him before Carroll re-signed. He did then have a short purple patch when I thought I'd been wrong, but this season he has been just as I imagined. Not good enough for the Prem.

Carrol is not on his own there.

The table, as it stands, and doesn't lie, says (and rightly so) the whole team/squad is not good enough for the prem?

With 18 games to go the question is, is there 3 other teams that are going to be worse than us, i really hope so but on the evidence so far i think not?
Carrol on 23:31 - Jan 4 with 3086 viewsLeonWasGod

*Carroll

Hard to take a post seriously when you don't know his name.

He's an average Huw £5m type. Ok in some ways, less so in others. He's suffering in this 'team' where people seem to want to play by themselves half the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024