Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay cut for male BBC presenters 21:05 - Jan 26 with 6153 viewsNogginthenog

In the news today Jeremy Vine agrees to pay cut but how the hell is he worth 700k a year?

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:07 - Jan 26 with 4448 viewsJackfath

Keown made some pithy comment about low wages at the BBC during the first half. He's a dull man.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:09 - Jan 26 with 4441 viewsdickythorpe

So will these "savings" mean cheaper Tv licences for us the mug punters?
Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:12 - Jan 26 with 4436 viewsPozuelosSideys

The BBC has decided to follow the Mugabe methodology of wealth redistribution
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 21:12]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:16 - Jan 26 with 4426 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:12 - Jan 26 by PozuelosSideys

The BBC has decided to follow the Mugabe methodology of wealth redistribution
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 21:12]

Pozuelossideys has decided to follow the Goebbels method if hyperbole.

Poll: Tory leader

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:19 - Jan 26 with 4409 viewsPozuelosSideys

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:16 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Pozuelossideys has decided to follow the Goebbels method if hyperbole.

To be fair to Goebbels, he was clever enough to leg it to Argentina and buy himself extra time until he lost on penalties. Only so much fun i can have with BBC contractors.

This is an ideal excuse for the Beeb to cut their wage bill right down though. Hopefully theyll buy the rights to some decent cricket with the surplus cash. Womens though, 'natch.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:23 - Jan 26 with 4398 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:19 - Jan 26 by PozuelosSideys

To be fair to Goebbels, he was clever enough to leg it to Argentina and buy himself extra time until he lost on penalties. Only so much fun i can have with BBC contractors.

This is an ideal excuse for the Beeb to cut their wage bill right down though. Hopefully theyll buy the rights to some decent cricket with the surplus cash. Womens though, 'natch.

They’ve got some cricket from 2020. A few international t20s and the new county t20 competition. So not proper cricket but better than nothing.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:27 - Jan 26 with 4387 viewsPozuelosSideys

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:23 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

They’ve got some cricket from 2020. A few international t20s and the new county t20 competition. So not proper cricket but better than nothing.

Thats not bad at all. Dont see why they cant get the 'lesser' series' against the likes of Bangla and the Windies etc. Cant be that expensive. Far better value than some of the overpaid wibble they spunk their cash on

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:30 - Jan 26 with 4376 viewsDr_Winston

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:27 - Jan 26 by PozuelosSideys

Thats not bad at all. Dont see why they cant get the 'lesser' series' against the likes of Bangla and the Windies etc. Cant be that expensive. Far better value than some of the overpaid wibble they spunk their cash on

Isn't the "Test Package" sold as a complete entity?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:33 - Jan 26 with 4363 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:27 - Jan 26 by PozuelosSideys

They don’t get the option. The ECB sells the rights to “home tests” not home tests against certain countries. And besides, no terrestrial, mainstream TV channel these days would give over eight solid hours broadcasting time for five days to any sport.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 21:34]

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:35 - Jan 26 with 4352 viewsPozuelosSideys

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:33 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

They don’t get the option. The ECB sells the rights to “home tests” not home tests against certain countries. And besides, no terrestrial, mainstream TV channel these days would give over eight solid hours broadcasting time for five days to any sport.

Ugh. Thats disappointing.

On the plus side, Trampie didnt get my sarcasm and i got downarrowed. Im chuffed to bits!

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:37 - Jan 26 with 4342 viewsDr_Winston

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:33 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

BBC2 still could.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:38 - Jan 26 with 4334 viewslonglostjack

Never mind the cricket. What about the golf?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:39 - Jan 26 with 4329 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:37 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

BBC2 still could.

Not it couldn’t. Not these days.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:42 - Jan 26 with 4319 viewsDr_Winston

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:39 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Not it couldn’t. Not these days.

Disagree. Plenty of scope in these multi channel BBC days to open one of them up for Test Cricket. Whether the will is there is another matter.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:46 - Jan 26 with 4309 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:42 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

Disagree. Plenty of scope in these multi channel BBC days to open one of them up for Test Cricket. Whether the will is there is another matter.

Multi channel? The BBC has three. The only way the Beeb could do it was by putting it behind the red button for big chunks of the day and that won’t do for the ECB.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:48 - Jan 26 with 4305 viewsGowerjack

Anyway apart from the cricket.

I can't see this pay cut as anything other than a gesture.

Surely the issue is that women's pay should be raised to the same level as men's not the other way around?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 21:49]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:49 - Jan 26 with 4298 viewsJack_Meoff

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:09 - Jan 26 by dickythorpe

So will these "savings" mean cheaper Tv licences for us the mug punters?

Or you the mug punters depending on whether you pay it...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:52 - Jan 26 with 4289 viewsPozuelosSideys

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:48 - Jan 26 by Gowerjack

Surely the issue is that women's pay should be raised to the same level as men's not the other way around?

It is a gesture.

Theres a big difference between people who work on the "technical" side like Editors, and the people who are paid based on their "celebrity/personality". Id stick good money on the latter all being contractors who are employed via their own personal LTD's anyway. They wouldnt have a choice if the BBC decided to reduce the offered terms when the contracts were up for renewal. Doubt it applies to the likes of the editors as theyd be "proper employees".

Its what they did to Clarkson to get rid of him

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:55 - Jan 26 with 4285 viewsDr_Winston

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:46 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Multi channel? The BBC has three. The only way the Beeb could do it was by putting it behind the red button for big chunks of the day and that won’t do for the ECB.

multi-

Word Origin

a combining form meaning “many,” “much,” “multiple,” “many times,” “more than one.”

Three channels qualifies. Especially since BBC4 doesn't even bother broadcasting until 7pm. Ample space to show Test Cricket on a terrestrial/freeview platform.

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:55 - Jan 26 with 4283 viewsswanjackal

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:48 - Jan 26 by Gowerjack

The BBC would have to implement a strict pay structure/scheme, leaving them being unable to compete for so called top talent, seeing them fall further behind other channels if they keep going down the route they seem to be looking at.

I do know if someone asked me to take a pay cut before my contract had ended what my response would be though

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 22:14 - Jan 26 with 4253 viewsWxmJax

I'm always amazed when it's said that they will lose all this talent. Where exactly are they all going to go ? Whoever gave Ross, Norton and the like multi million pound contracts should be the first to go. It's been said that Norton is somehow on over £2m a year. You could cut his money by 60% and apart from still being overpaid, he'd still turn up for work. It's the same with the heads of industry, they can't believe how much they actually get paid but if some mug is willing to pay them then why should they refuse.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 22:23 - Jan 26 with 4237 viewsjack2jack

Claudia Winkleman is on over £2 million a year.
Wonder if she'll take a pay cut, you know,as a good will gesture!
Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 22:33 - Jan 26 with 4222 viewsswanjackal

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 22:23 - Jan 26 by jack2jack

Claudia Winkleman is on over £2 million a year.
Wonder if she'll take a pay cut, you know,as a good will gesture!

We know the answer to that. Then again, if I was her (after exploring my body a good few hours), my response to requests for a pay cut would be on the negative side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 22:40 - Jan 26 with 4201 viewsjack2jack

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 22:33 - Jan 26 by swanjackal

We know the answer to that. Then again, if I was her (after exploring my body a good few hours), my response to requests for a pay cut would be on the negative side.

Harsh but fair!😉
Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 09:03 - Jan 27 with 4059 viewsItchySphincter

Pay cut for male BBC presenters on 21:55 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

multi-

Word Origin

a combining form meaning “many,” “much,” “multiple,” “many times,” “more than one.”

Three channels qualifies. Especially since BBC4 doesn't even bother broadcasting until 7pm. Ample space to show Test Cricket on a terrestrial/freeview platform.

If BBC4 doesn't broadcast until 7pm it's because it's sharing space with another channel. Probably CBeebies.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024