Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 14554 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:30 - Sep 27 with 1130 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:18 - Sep 27 by jack247

Yes. They are very unlikely to get their original return back in the Championship. Also very unlikely to get back to the Premier League without subsidising the team. As I said earlier, Levein, Kaplan and the rest of the hedge fund will have investments all over the place, some will work out, some won’t. They won’t throw what they, probably quite rightly, see as good money after bad.

There isn’t a magic formula for clubs our size getting to the PL without a backer. I know we have done it before, but some seem to think the plan is to strip the playing squad very thin, wait a couple of seasons and just go back up again.

In that case how is the club not already up for sale?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:56 - Sep 27 with 1098 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:30 - Sep 27 by Cooperman

In that case how is the club not already up for sale?

How would we know if it was?

Although as had been said before, in the short term they will likely be hoping to ride our luck to limit the fall / reinstate ourselves, without throwing good money after bad, who knows could work.

Of course it only took us 30 years to get back up last time so if they are prepared to wait

But otherwise sell low is better than selling lower and falling, or if more profitable just claw everything you can out of the club as per your disaster planning

know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:57 - Sep 27 with 1097 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:11 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

The directors decide that stuff, not simple shareholders.

Directors are selected by shareholders, shareholders own the business. My point is that you don't need a defined role to be paid by a business which was a previous assertion.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 21:59]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:10 - Sep 27 with 1081 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:13 - Sep 27 by Chief

Were you part of the consortium that took over those companies?

No, and I'm not an investor into a hedge fund that bought an 80% shareholding (plus additional voting rights) in those companies, either.

Mindy Kaling ain't charging any lunches to Swansea City as a business expense.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:27 - Sep 27 with 1068 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:10 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

No, and I'm not an investor into a hedge fund that bought an 80% shareholding (plus additional voting rights) in those companies, either.

Mindy Kaling ain't charging any lunches to Swansea City as a business expense.

Now if they bought an 80% shareholding PLUS additional voting rights

And the Trust hold over 20% and certainly did not give up our voting rights

Exactly how many eggs do make 6

Given you have the inside track on who charges what, have any of the secondary shareholders ever benefited from any perks, meals, travel, hotels, free tickets etc. which have been paid for by the club, however charged. Would be good to put this to bed.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:31 - Sep 27 with 1061 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:27 - Sep 27 by chad

Given you have the inside track on who charges what, have any of the secondary shareholders ever benefited from any perks, meals, travel, hotels, free tickets etc. which have been paid for by the club, however charged. Would be good to put this to bed.

I'm sure they've been comped a ticket or two if they're ever over, but that's not the same as claiming expenses on the company account, which is the only thing I've been on about.

And yeah I had a blonde moment with my maths. It's 70-something percent of shares, plus Huw's voting rights to get them over the important 75% mark, right?
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:55 - Sep 27 with 1045 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:31 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

I'm sure they've been comped a ticket or two if they're ever over, but that's not the same as claiming expenses on the company account, which is the only thing I've been on about.

And yeah I had a blonde moment with my maths. It's 70-something percent of shares, plus Huw's voting rights to get them over the important 75% mark, right?

Great thanks for that, although I would have always assumed perks of whatever extent would be charged by the principals. So the question may be the extent rather than the charging method

For instance the odd ticket might seem fine, air travel and hotels maybe not so much

Although I understand a calendar/ pen with the donors name clearly printed on it is ok in most circles.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 23:40 - Sep 27 with 1033 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:18 - Sep 27 by chad

If it means jack shit they are registered in Delaware then why did they bother registering there I wonder.

Along with those bastions of openness and lack of self interest that you mention

BT have a few more shareholders than us so the plane would have been a tad crowded. Plus I was unaware the Super Bowl was their core business, although I am happy to be tutored otherwise if you know better.

Do a bloody quick google search as to why MOST American Companies incorporate there. You'll soon find out.

And the Super Bowl was just an example of a nonsense scenario dreamt up on the spot - something you and the other 68% who voted green are more than familiar with.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 23:43 - Sep 27 with 1032 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:45 - Sep 27 by chad

And look who has the controlling vote

They were unwilling to disclose the other shareholders identities, but when they were pressed about it at that meeting they attended, didn’t they refer to them as a small group of friends and family?

I am sure they would want to look after friends and family especially when the vehicle they got them to buy has seriously hit the skids and is likely to lose them £m.

Oh FFS behave yourself, you're sounding just a bit pathetic don't you know.

Imagine asking a Fund manager for a list of their investors. It's completely irrelevant. They just fronted up some cash with a view on seeing more in return.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 23:44 - Sep 27 with 1032 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:01 - Sep 27 by Cooperman

So buy high and sell low?

Definitely not.

We're really weeding out some strange opinions in this thread. I genuinely am surprised by the naivety in some posters.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 23:59 - Sep 27 with 1022 viewsCroftyjack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Rancid

Chris, I was glad it was all over for us in the PL.We'd gone stale and it was extremely difficult to witness it unfold.

Fresh start with a new young exciting manager with a whole new squad of talented youngsters to bring along is the perfect tonic for me.

I agree with this post but only as long as they have bottomed out in terms of cost cutting and are now in a position to rebuild...as I have said in a previous post the proof will be if they offer key players new deals or not...rather than rely on my gut feeling I'm going to believe that its upwards on onwards...with xmas coming lets all believe!!!!
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:08 - Sep 28 with 1017 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:56 - Sep 27 by chad

Although as had been said before, in the short term they will likely be hoping to ride our luck to limit the fall / reinstate ourselves, without throwing good money after bad, who knows could work.

Of course it only took us 30 years to get back up last time so if they are prepared to wait

But otherwise sell low is better than selling lower and falling, or if more profitable just claw everything you can out of the club as per your disaster planning

know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

It took Cardiff, who were stripped completely bare, what, 3 years.

This is embarrassing stuff. I wish I knew some lyrics to match.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:14 - Sep 28 with 1013 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:57 - Sep 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Directors are selected by shareholders, shareholders own the business. My point is that you don't need a defined role to be paid by a business which was a previous assertion.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 21:59]

No they're not.

The only people who decided who the Directors were to be was Levien and Kaplan, but just as likely Kaplan alone.

And I hope you're not still harping back to the ridiculous notion that the 25 other shareholders are being flown around the globe first class on the back of SCFC.

I mean, come on, what on earth would be the point or benefit of that?!

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:18 - Sep 28 with 1006 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:27 - Sep 27 by chad

The Queen of Irrelevance.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 01:55 - Sep 28 with 965 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:56 - Sep 27 by chad

know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

We would almost certainly know that the club was up for sale.

After all you wouldn’t attempt to sell your house without marketing it, would you?

And to bring this back full circle, why would they sell it for a fraction of the price that they paid for it?

They have to now be in this for the long run.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 02:09 - Sep 28 with 962 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 01:55 - Sep 28 by Cooperman

We would almost certainly know that the club was up for sale.

After all you wouldn’t attempt to sell your house without marketing it, would you?

And to bring this back full circle, why would they sell it for a fraction of the price that they paid for it?

They have to now be in this for the long run.

Like we knew the club was up for sale when the first lot of Americans nearly bought it?

They won’t get their money back if they sell it when it’s value is lower. A bit like Sam Clucas and Roque Mesa.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 06:52 - Sep 28 with 922 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 02:09 - Sep 28 by jack247

Like we knew the club was up for sale when the first lot of Americans nearly bought it?

They won’t get their money back if they sell it when it’s value is lower. A bit like Sam Clucas and Roque Mesa.

“They won’t get their money back if they sell it when it’s value is lower. A bit like Sam Clucas and Roque Mesa”

Absolutely. This is my point. They are very unlikely to sell now as a serious write off of investment will occur. The primary way by which they can avoid this is by restoring Premier League status.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 06:54 - Sep 28 with 921 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 02:09 - Sep 28 by jack247

We did know the club was up for sale when the first lot of Americans nearly bought it. There had been plenty of talk about the search for "investment" beforehand, not to mention the £1.5m advertisement masquerading as a documentary.

Was clear from early 2014 that certain people were looking to cash in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:04 - Sep 28 with 915 viewsbuilthjack

Interesting to see this poll. 7 out of 10 think the Americans are siphoning money out of the back door. Could it be true?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 7:05]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:09 - Sep 28 with 908 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 06:54 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

We did know the club was up for sale when the first lot of Americans nearly bought it. There had been plenty of talk about the search for "investment" beforehand, not to mention the £1.5m advertisement masquerading as a documentary.

Was clear from early 2014 that certain people were looking to cash in.

Correct.

Although Sky Sports headlines of the time were not emblazoned with ‘Swansea City up for sale’ it was quite clearly work in progress.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:11 - Sep 28 with 907 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:04 - Sep 28 by builthjack

Interesting to see this poll. 7 out of 10 think the Americans are siphoning money out of the back door. Could it be true?

The Trust must validate that this is not the case.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:12 - Sep 28 with 876 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:14 - Sep 28 by _

No they're not.

The only people who decided who the Directors were to be was Levien and Kaplan, but just as likely Kaplan alone.

And I hope you're not still harping back to the ridiculous notion that the 25 other shareholders are being flown around the globe first class on the back of SCFC.

I mean, come on, what on earth would be the point or benefit of that?!

Well of course shareholders appoint Directors in organisations with shares, Levien and Kaplan may be majority shareholders.
I'm not sure why you are suggesting that I am indicating that the other 25 shareholders are being flown around the world, I've not said that any time. You seem to be confusing me with someone else.
All I said was that you don't need a defined role in a business to be paid by that business in response to a poster who indicated that was case the case.
The interesting relationship is between the parent company in the states and the club.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

With what we've seen sincea June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:22 - Sep 28 with 871 viewsdobjack2

With what we've seen sincea June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:34 - Sep 27 by _

Mate I spend enough time on this site I know what people are thinking because they say it often enough.

I would suggest the following:

It an almost unanimous opinion that relegation meant costs had to be significantly cut.

A majority believe that the cuts to the playing staff have been too deep.

The overwhelming majority support the manager and players and believe Potter is doing a good job with the players he has available.

The majority do not support the board.

A majority believe that the chairman and any other top salaried people at the club should be taking a cut in wages to show that everyone is affected by relegation and that the management of the club and the playing staff are all in it together. The majority believe that won’t happen.

The majority of people on here do not trust the board and of those that answered the poll an overwhelming majority think that the majority owners are looking to extract money from the club one way or another although there is no evidence that this is happening.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:38 - Sep 28 with 863 views_

Your second paragraph, that's what we're trying to tell you mun.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:40 - Sep 28 with 862 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:04 - Sep 28 by builthjack

Very true.

Our fanbase is as thick as shit. You vote option 3 I take it Ken?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024