Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Stewart RIP 16:21 - Nov 13 with 6483 viewsNeathJack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-mourn-loss-dave-stewart
Dave Stewart RIP on 21:27 - Nov 13 with 1744 viewsDewi1jack

Sad news.
Didn't think he was that old truthfully. Think Father time and memory is catching me out.
Remember watching him in goal for us and always a decent lad to talk to
Always struck me he was a better keeper than Teflon.

Condolences to all his family and friends
RIP YJB

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dave Stewart RIP on 21:51 - Nov 13 with 1716 viewsbonymine

Dave Stewart RIP on 21:26 - Nov 13 by theloneranger

I'm not sure about Terry Medwin, but yes Cameron was/is manager, and Dave used to work out the back of the shop.

Played with Cam for Landore back in the late 80’s he was a great lad and Terry is a legend of course....will never forget him showing me his medals when he played for Spurs and they won the Double back in 1961...

Happy Days indeed 👍👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Dave Stewart RIP on 22:13 - Nov 13 with 1687 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should have been kept on as No.1 after promotion to the top flight. Could we have won the league with him between the sticks instead of Tosh's mate Dai?
We'll never know but we would have been a lot closer if we had have kept faith with him R.I.P. Dave.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dave Stewart RIP on 22:33 - Nov 13 with 1676 viewsCroftyjack

Dave Stewart RIP on 18:41 - Nov 13 by AnotherJohn

I read that Dave managed a carpet shop for a time, and then worked in a Swansea jeweller's shop for about 20 years. Is that correct? And was he still living in Swansea at the time of his death?

I saw him play during our rise to the top league. Many say we would have been better off not replacing him with Dai Davies. RIP.

Yes he worked in Spencer Morgans Jewellers, my wife worked there and was friends with Dave and his wife..So I new him personally and he was a great guy who never really had a good word about the Swans management at that time.
RIP big guy...good keeper and top bloke.
Dave Stewart RIP on 22:56 - Nov 13 with 1645 viewsossie_jack

best keeper I have ever seen in a swans shirt sad news rip.
Dave Stewart RIP on 09:54 - Nov 14 with 1569 viewstrampie

I also thought Dave Stewart was the best goalie I seen in a Swans shirt, RIP.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Dave Stewart RIP on 10:31 - Nov 14 with 1559 viewstheloneranger

Dave Stewart RIP on 22:33 - Nov 13 by Croftyjack

Yes he worked in Spencer Morgans Jewellers, my wife worked there and was friends with Dave and his wife..So I new him personally and he was a great guy who never really had a good word about the Swans management at that time.
RIP big guy...good keeper and top bloke.

What a lovely couple Dave and his wife Ann.

What happened that day with Dave ready to face his old club Leeds in our first match in the old first division was disgusting, and soured his relationship with Tosh for ever.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 10:38]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dave Stewart RIP on 11:11 - Nov 14 with 1541 viewsPegojack

RIP Dave, YJB.
Login to get fewer ads

Dave Stewart RIP on 11:12 - Nov 14 with 1537 viewsnicky

Dave Stewart RIP on 22:13 - Nov 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Should have been kept on as No.1 after promotion to the top flight. Could we have won the league with him between the sticks instead of Tosh's mate Dai?
We'll never know but we would have been a lot closer if we had have kept faith with him R.I.P. Dave.

^^^^

this

R.I.P. Dave
Dave Stewart RIP on 14:31 - Nov 15 with 1416 viewsfelixstowe_jack

After he left swansea city he played a few games for sketty park in the first division of the swansea senior league.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024