Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement on Transfer Window 12:23 - Feb 1 with 5527 viewsDarran

Now that the transfer window has closed, the Trust notes with disappointment the fact that three players, Wilfried Bony, Jefferson Montero and Tom Carroll, have left with no replacements coming the other way to strengthen Graham Potter’s squad. It seems though that it could have been much worse, with the clear desire within the club to also move on Dan James and Leroy Fer. The Trust is relieved and pleased that both James and Fer are still Swansea City players, at least for now.

The Trust’s frustration is not that players have been allowed to leave but that there has been no effort to bring in any replacements and that both Montero and Carroll left for clubs in direct competition with the Swans, as would have been the case it seems for James and Fer.

Once again those in charge of overseeing the club’s transfer dealings have allowed last minute departures to weaken our squad significantly without seemingly have any plans to bring any players in. The final day of the transfer window proved once again that the club seemingly has little interest in ensuring we are competitive on the pitch and is prepared to leave Graham Potter with a significantly reduced squad. Graham Potter had previously said that if players leave, players would be brought in. He presumably made this comment based on assurances he had been given and yet again, he has been let down.

To say that the club’s current transfer policy, such as it is, is short sighted is an understatement and highlights the inept way the club appears to be run now. It is not unreasonable to expect a professional football club to have a plan in place for a transfer window and contingency plans to replace any players who leave. It is also unclear who in the club is responsible for making decisions, allowing confusion to reign. While yesterday could have been much worse had James and Fer left as the club wanted, it does highlight a clear desire by the club to reduce costs at the expense of on field matters.

As a Trust, we fully support the need to run the club on a financially prudent basis and understand that changes are needed to reflect our reduced income in the Championship. However, in the continued absence of detailed financial information, the Trust is unable to confirm whether the desire to move players on is the result of that financial prudence or simply a lack of ambition by our majority owners and those afforded the privilege of running the club on a day to day basis.

It is clear that the club has not learned the lessons from the disasters of previous transfer windows, nor have the desperately needed changes been made to rid the club of the individuals responsible for the mistakes which led to our relegation from the Premier League. This is despite repeated requests over the past two and a half years for the majority owners to create succession plans for the changes needed and of course comments from those in situ, including the chairman, that their own roles would become untenable in the event of relegation. To be prepared to allow five players to leave the club on the final day of a month long transfer window with no replacements lined up is gross negligence on the part of those running the club.

We are disappointed to note the apparent lack of support by the board and owners for Graham Potter, who has steered his team to within sight of the play off places and with a very realistic chance of a second successive FA Cup quarter final. Given the words of the chairman just a few short weeks ago where he stated that a promotion challenge was there for the taking, the events of the transfer window suggest that this is very far from the club’s minds.

That the club was prepared to allow Dan James, a player just breaking into the first team, to leave at the first opportunity highlights a very real lack of ambition for the club and zero support for the manager. While we support the removal of some of the club’s top earners, to consider allowing young talent like Dan to leave goes against many of the principles on which we, and our manager, would like to pride ourselves.

There are two clear things that need to happen as a direct result of this transfer window. First and once again the Trust finds itself calling for the immediate removal of Huw Jenkins as chairman. Despite the excellent job that Mr Jenkins did in supporting the Swans’ rise to the Premier League he is also largely responsible for the horrendous transfer dealings of the past few years that resulted in both our relegation and the dire situation in which we now find ourselves, where the club is prepared to offload prized assets to our immediate rivals. We have long since suggested that the club’s majority owners should have considered succession planning to replace Mr Jenkins but these words have fallen on deaf ears and the result is the current situation. The club has to stop repeating the same mistakes and the removal of the chairman is the first step towards that happening. We should not forget that our inabilit y to move on the high earners has been a hindrance to us in the last two windows. This is a direct result of the transfer deals struck in previous windows where we have overpaid both in fees and wages for players who have failed to deliver on the pitch.

Secondly, we call on the club’s majority owners to be totally transparent and communicate to the fans the reasons for taking the decisions they have taken and were prepared to take. If the reasons are purely financial then why haven’t the significant cuts being made on the playing side been reflected off the pitch? The club has a number of highly-paid executives strongly rumoured to be paid in line with Premier League income rather than that of a financially prudent Championship club. It is time for those who made great play when they arrived of being so keen on the ownership model and close community club that they saw in Swansea City to stand true to those beliefs and be present in Swansea and accountable for the poor decisions they are making. Our wage bill off the pitch is as unsustainable in this division as we were told our on the pitch outgoings are, yet the people who made and continue to make those de cisions are still being paid as though they’re somehow considered to be doing an acceptable job. They clearly aren’t.

It is therefore well overdue that the club undertakes a full review of the off the field staff, overall costs and budgets and ensures these are in line with a club in the Championship with a vastly reduced income.

The continued reduction in numbers of the first team squad and the continued presence of the former shareholders and their extended families enjoying the hospitality of the football club are a smack in the face of the club’s supporters. For these reasons, the club is as far detached from its fan base now as it has ever have been in the club’s history.

Changes simply need to be made and the events of the most recent transfer window serve to highlight that beyond all doubt yet again.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:37 - Feb 1 with 3974 viewsLandore_Jack

A strong worded statement. About time. It will probably fall on deaf ears.

#backtojack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:38 - Feb 1 with 3964 viewsOldjack

Spot on statement …….. but what can the Trust do about it?

They'll not take a blind bit of notice of this statement

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:39 - Feb 1 with 3964 viewsChief

There is absolutely nothing there that can be argued with.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:39 - Feb 1 with 3953 viewsBadlands

All sane opinions (even if I may not agree with some).
But I find the comment ' .. proved once again that the club seemingly has little interest in ensuring we are competitive on the pitch ..' a little disingenuous; Wilf, Jeff and Carroll have so rarely been available their presence in the team and squad will barely be missed. Almost no one would disagree that Jeff, when on song and fit, should be playing for the best teams in the world but he is rarely available. Bony has never recovered from his malaria and injuries and was IMO a ridiculous gamble and Carroll was any fans favourite waste of space after Rutledge and Fer.

I am more concerned we didn't bring in a striker, defensive midfield player and left back all of which we have needed for some years.
But having followed Potter for some time, his experiences in Sweden suggest to me he won't be throwing his toys out of the pram any time soon.
We will see more players leave in the Summer and some arrive.

I also recall a lot of fans saying, while we struggled badly in the Premier League (and we struggled badly before the takeover), a couple of seasons in the Championship wouldn't be a bad thing.
Potter needs two seasons to put 'his' side together and I am confident he will.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:41 - Feb 1 with 3944 viewsdonkonky

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:37 - Feb 1 by Landore_Jack

A strong worded statement. About time. It will probably fall on deaf ears.

Over to you members of the press. Get on board and report whats happening here.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:42 - Feb 1 with 3920 viewsOldjack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:39 - Feb 1 by Badlands

But I find the comment ' .. proved once again that the club seemingly has little interest in ensuring we are competitive on the pitch ..' a little disingenuous; Wilf, Jeff and Carroll have so rarely been available their presence in the team and squad will barely be missed. Almost no one would disagree that Jeff, when on song and fit, should be playing for the best teams in the world but he is rarely available. Bony has never recovered from his malaria and injuries and was IMO a ridiculous gamble and Carroll was any fans favourite waste of space after Rutledge and Fer.

I am more concerned we didn't bring in a striker, defensive midfield player and left back all of which we have needed for some years.
But having followed Potter for some time, his experiences in Sweden suggest to me he won't be throwing his toys out of the pram any time soon.

I also recall a lot of fans saying, while we struggled badly in the Premier League (and we struggled badly before the takeover), a couple of seasons in the Championship wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm not ,simply because they'll sell any decent player we have ,all they care about is making money

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Feb 1 with 3920 viewsCaptain_Sham

This bit with bells on...

"Secondly, we call on the club’s majority owners to be totally transparent and communicate to the fans the reasons for taking the decisions they have taken and were prepared to take. If the reasons are purely financial then why haven’t the significant cuts being made on the playing side been reflected off the pitch? The club has a number of highly-paid executives strongly rumoured to be paid in line with Premier League income rather than that of a financially prudent Championship club. It is time for those who made great play when they arrived of being so keen on the ownership model and close community club that they saw in Swansea City to stand true to those beliefs and be present in Swansea and accountable for the poor decisions they are making. Our wage bill off the pitch is as unsustainable in this division as we were told our on the pitch outgoings are, yet the people who made and continue to make those de cisions are still being paid as though they’re somehow considered to be doing an acceptable job. They clearly aren’t.

It is therefore well overdue that the club undertakes a full review of the off the field staff, overall costs and budgets and ensures these are in line with a club in the Championship with a vastly reduced income. "

Its just a ride.

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Feb 1 with 3907 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"in the continued absence of detailed financial information"

Is a 21% stakeholder in the company not given the right to know the financial information of the company? I genuinely do not know which is why I ask.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:45 - Feb 1 with 3904 viewsTom1912

It’s not disingenuous. You’re just looking at the completed deals. They still tried to get rid of Fer and James, two players that have been very much involved this season. There’s no argument losing those makes us weaker competitively. Also, I would say while Montero is often injured, he’s won us a lot of points from the bench when fit. We’re definitely weaker without him, even if it’s only a handful of sub appearances we’re missing out on.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:45 - Feb 1 with 3904 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:41 - Feb 1 by donkonky

Over to you members of the press. Get on board and report whats happening here.

This. It would be good if a US media outlet could report what was happening too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:48 - Feb 1 with 3859 viewsChief

Ok keep pretending that Bony and Montero will be no loss to us to further your agenda. So far we have been very lucky that McBurnie has had no lengthy spells out. If he does, we are left with only CBR. Montero has come off the bench and changed several games for us this season.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:49 - Feb 1 with 3849 viewsPrivate_Partz

We struggled in the Prem since Monk was appointed with Koeman waiting in the wings. Disaster then followed when egotistic driven people thought they knew more about the game than football people.
Very few said a drop to the Championship would be a good idea.
Our demise was not inevitable. It was driven by self serving people and sheer incompetence.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:51 - Feb 1 with 3830 viewsdobjack2

I think the point is that we are prepared to let players go from an already paper thin squad without replacing them not even with loanees.

Bony had to go - toss up between him and Andre Ayew for most ridiculous gamble.
Jeff - understand that one as long as we have Dan
Carroll or Fer - Fer is inconsistent but without him we get kicked off the middle of the park.
Dan - pathetic not offering a new contract and totally against everything we are supposed to be doing.

Letting them go without replacements of any sort on the last day of the window smacks of a cynical attempt to get people to renew seasons without knowing the full story. Pearlman talked of more hard medicine so not totally surprised.

I expect more of the same in the next window, the issues are who will leave and who will come here in their place.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:51 - Feb 1 with 3829 views3swan

If you're going to be selective then why not also show the Trust stated

"Now that the transfer window has closed, the Trust notes with disappointment the fact that three players, Wilfried Bony, Jefferson Montero and Tom Carroll, have left with no replacements coming the other way to strengthen Graham Potter’s squad"

"departures to weaken our squad significantly without seemingly have any plans to bring any players in"
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 13:54 - Feb 1 with 3660 viewsswan65split

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:49 - Feb 1 by Private_Partz

We struggled in the Prem since Monk was appointed with Koeman waiting in the wings. Disaster then followed when egotistic driven people thought they knew more about the game than football people.
Very few said a drop to the Championship would be a good idea.
Our demise was not inevitable. It was driven by self serving people and sheer incompetence.

Only ones I could see saying a drop down to the Championship would be a good idea were the sellout supporters.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 14:04 - Feb 1 with 3616 viewsSomethingRandom

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Feb 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Is a 21% stakeholder in the company not given the right to know the financial information of the company? I genuinely do not know which is why I ask.

The Trust director is entitled to access all company information. He just needs to ask for it if he's not being given it. They can't refuse to hand it over.

Jog on, Kitty...

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 14:10 - Feb 1 with 3573 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 14:04 - Feb 1 by SomethingRandom

The Trust director is entitled to access all company information. He just needs to ask for it if he's not being given it. They can't refuse to hand it over.

The Trust director cannot see a break down of the figures unless he signs an NDA.

#backtojack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 14:38 - Feb 1 with 3482 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder why the annual accounts for the year ending 31st July 2018 have not been released and lodged with companies house. All shareholders are entitled to see the certified audited accounts.
Accounts lodged with companies house are available to members of the public.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 15:36 - Feb 1 with 3343 viewsMyFinalHeaven

" It is also unclear who in the club is responsible for making decisions, allowing confusion to reign."

How the bloody hell is it that the trust own over a fifth of the club but have no idea who's making the transfer decisions? What the hell is going on here?

Come on you Swans.

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:15 - Feb 1 with 3226 viewschad

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 15:36 - Feb 1 by MyFinalHeaven

" It is also unclear who in the club is responsible for making decisions, allowing confusion to reign."

How the bloody hell is it that the trust own over a fifth of the club but have no idea who's making the transfer decisions? What the hell is going on here?

Well said and thanks to the Trust for getting the statement out quickly
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:27 - Feb 1 with 3171 viewstrinityann

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Feb 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This is mind blowing, call the police in if you can't see the accounts.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:29 - Feb 1 with 3150 viewsicecoldjack

Lovely statement from the trust..2 years too late though.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:38 - Feb 1 with 3121 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:27 - Feb 1 by trinityann

This is mind blowing, call the police in if you can't see the accounts.

Shareholders are only entitled to annual financial (historical) accounts.

What boggles me is that the Board (including McDonald remember) isn't discussing monthly management accounts. I have never seen that in any company Board I have sat on. They are presumably taking all important financial decisions outside the Board. there must surely be something in the companies act about that? Or is it because of the delaware structure or because finance (unlike 'football') is reserved for the holding company board?

I'm being a bit slow today, but what instrument actually entitles the Trust to see the management accounts? Is it part of the constitution or anything legally signed with the owners? Or was it just custom, in which case I guess they (we) are screwed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:38 - Feb 1 with 3118 viewsmonmouth

Ps has this statement actually gone anywhere yet, in terms of impact?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:40 - Feb 1 with 3107 viewsOldjack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 15:36 - Feb 1 by MyFinalHeaven

That's easy ,our dear owners hold all the ace cards and treat the trust as no more than a pesky nuisance in which they can drip feed any bull shyte they like ,which they're entitled to do ,it's all about power

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024