Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . 23:59 - Aug 26 with 17745 viewsbluenile

Some big European clubs after Andre Ayew, however . . . . . . . . Only if we pay part of his wages! Errrr yes, we'll pay his wages in part so that he can't play for us? Somehow, I don't see Mr Birch agreeing to that one.

Sorry, forgot to put this link.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/italian-giants-report
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 0:02]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:33 - Aug 27 with 2048 viewssainthelens

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:11 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

Yet you're quite happy to have a pop at the true fan status of people who don't think we can afford to spend upwards of £4m just for one possible promotion push.

You can afford to "adjust your prediction". People with more responsibility cannot.

Listen pal, all about opinions, I respect yours and I've got mine. Am not gonna go c0ck waving/Point scoring on here, leave that to others. Just get annoyed we could pass up a real opportunity in a league this year which even tho it's early days....doesn't look the strongest.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:37 - Aug 27 with 2032 viewsjacktheripper

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:40 - Aug 27 by nyc_swans

i know people love Ayew again, and think he won't move... but realistically you can't have a player on his wages in the championship if you're trying to balance your books. i expect he will go if a club offers to take him permanently. would be nice if he stayed, but you can't lose sight of the big picture. it's a long season.

Selling McBurnie has afforded us the luxury of keeping both Ayew and Baston. Birch had already stated we were under no financial pressure to sell after DJ has gone. McBurnie going was a Brucie bonus
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:42 - Aug 27 with 2018 viewsbakajack

Pros and cons to both approaches in my opinion. I can see the club not being opposed to Ayew leaving on loan if the other club took on 75% or more of his wages, it only takes a read through this article to see that we have made the right call in smashing the reset button rather than trying to do a Stoke last season and keeping all our high earners plus spending a ton on new players to try to get promoted at the first attempt:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7396833/Premier-League-liquid

On the other side however, there are few if any players in the championship who have as much big game experience as Andre Ayew and at times the way he has managed the pacing of the game and helped us to reassert control has been obvious.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:55 - Aug 27 with 1976 viewsFireboy2

Taking my black and white specs off id say that whilst we have mcsocks and james' transfer money to cover ayews wages if an offer of a club taking him off our hands permanently he will go no matter how good he is and how well we are doing, him leaving permanently will take his massive wages off the clubs wage bill.

I know that he isnt as good as ayew but we have to remember that routledge hasnt played a part this season and when hes back he will fit into the role that ayew has been playing perfectly.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 1952 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:33 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

Listen pal, all about opinions, I respect yours and I've got mine. Am not gonna go c0ck waving/Point scoring on here, leave that to others. Just get annoyed we could pass up a real opportunity in a league this year which even tho it's early days....doesn't look the strongest.

You respect my opinion? An hour ago you were casting doubt on my status as a fan for having a different one.

Changed your mind again?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:27 - Aug 27 with 1904 viewsTummer_from_Texas

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:00 - Aug 27 by JJJack

If you think that then I’m afraid you understand the price of everything & the value of nothing. Just like your countrymen, our owners. For a start we desperately need experienced pros to help our younger players- Ayew can & does do this; similarly Borja. But in pure financial terms, £80k/week is about £3.4m per season. Yes that’s a huge amount BUT, say you wanted a like for like replacement- that would cost millions and wages wise, maybe £30-40k/week. So where’s the gain in getting shot of him? Now we’ve made such a great start, what is he worth if he helps us to the Premier? Think of the opportunity cost of losing him and it stops us going up....

Yep, not to mention:

1) £3.4 million represents about a mere 10% of our transfer surplus from this summer.

2) a poor/mediocre season means an average league attendance of 14-15K at the Liberty; while a great season could mean 18-19K for a promotion push. That 4K of extra tickets sold X 23 fixtures pays a good chunk of Ayew's wages, on its own.

Dumping Ayew might be penny wise, but it would be pound stupid, on top of being cowardly and unambitious. (To be clear, I'm talking about on Birch and owners' part)
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 9:41]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 1895 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:55 - Aug 27 by Fireboy2

Taking my black and white specs off id say that whilst we have mcsocks and james' transfer money to cover ayews wages if an offer of a club taking him off our hands permanently he will go no matter how good he is and how well we are doing, him leaving permanently will take his massive wages off the clubs wage bill.

I know that he isnt as good as ayew but we have to remember that routledge hasnt played a part this season and when hes back he will fit into the role that ayew has been playing perfectly.

If another club pays 75% of his wage we'll still be paying 20 grand a week and have no benefit at all.

Like another poster said - Ayew has a good season and we'll get double his wage bill this year back plus lose the liability.

Routledge will have a big role as the season wears on , it's the strength in depth that makes the difference between going up or not.

And Ayew on his own isn't going to win us promotion but without him the shift in momentum which has happened to our attacking play has helped us look almost unplayable up front. Without Ayew would we have scored 11 goals in 5 league games? No f*cking chance.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:33 - Aug 27 with 1888 viewsWarwickHunt

Obviously depends on how good an offer we get.
If it’s a loan where we’re still paying part of his wages or a derisory transfer fee they can fûck right off.

If he keeps up these performances and we stay top six there’ll be a few thousand more bums on seats and his value will increase.

We’re not betting the farm on him so, if we don’t get a good offer, let’s see where we are in January.
Login to get fewer ads

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:37 - Aug 27 with 1877 viewsTummer_from_Texas

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:51 - Aug 27 by monmouth

If you think Andre Ayew will decide whether we are promoted, you’re off your chump.

I hope he stays, as I think he can play a part in a long season, and that it’s because we can afford him. But it’s not about ‘fans’, it’s about Birch, who is not a fan and has a specific job to do. It’s also about Ayew and his ego, who has made it clear he has no desire to scrub around in the Championship.

How has he made that clear? Genuine question.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:39 - Aug 27 with 1872 viewspencoedjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:33 - Aug 27 by WarwickHunt

If it’s a loan where we’re still paying part of his wages or a derisory transfer fee they can fûck right off.

If he keeps up these performances and we stay top six there’ll be a few thousand more bums on seats and his value will increase.

We’re not betting the farm on him so, if we don’t get a good offer, let’s see where we are in January.

I see your point but a hedge fund looks at it differently from us supporters.

He could break his leg against Leeds Saturday & that's the way they will look at it.

The less they can gamble they will do it, of that I have no doubt.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:41 - Aug 27 with 1867 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:39 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

I see your point but a hedge fund looks at it differently from us supporters.

He could break his leg against Leeds Saturday & that's the way they will look at it.

The less they can gamble they will do it, of that I have no doubt.

Surely insurance would pay his wages??

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:42 - Aug 27 with 1858 viewsLeonWasGod

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:49 - Aug 27 by Magic_Michu

Ayew has another season with us after this... he’s currently only valued at around £4-5 million.

He has a decent season with us and his value will have increased and we’d recoup the money for his wages at the end of the year.

There is that. These are presumably part of the permutations the club will be thinking about with any offers. Remember it's perfectly normal for players to move on loan and have the parent club pay part of the wages (didn't we do this already with Ayew last year?). It would still save us money even if we paid half his wages. And if money is super tight, that may be important enough reason his own.

Alternatively, yes his value (or at least the ease at which we can move him on) may increase if he has a stand out season.

As a fan, I'd obviously like him to stay now we've seen he's up for working hard for us (I wasn't sure whether he'd want to in the summer, but now we've seen him those doubts have been put to rest). But I'd understand if he moved on too, as he's good enough to play at a higher level.

Hopefully he'll stay, but I reckon the chances are quite slim.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:50 - Aug 27 with 1828 viewsLeonWasGod

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:41 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Surely insurance would pay his wages??

Normally, yep.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:54 - Aug 27 with 1815 viewssainthelens

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:09 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

You respect my opinion? An hour ago you were casting doubt on my status as a fan for having a different one.

Changed your mind again?

You've resorted to point scoring, so just fck off you touchy cvnt.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:00 - Aug 27 with 1793 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:54 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

You've resorted to point scoring, so just fck off you touchy cvnt.

The point scoring started with you Oh Superior Fan.

Don't get grumpy just because you got called on it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:00 - Aug 27 with 1793 viewsnantywatcher

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:29 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

If another club pays 75% of his wage we'll still be paying 20 grand a week and have no benefit at all.

Like another poster said - Ayew has a good season and we'll get double his wage bill this year back plus lose the liability.

Routledge will have a big role as the season wears on , it's the strength in depth that makes the difference between going up or not.

And Ayew on his own isn't going to win us promotion but without him the shift in momentum which has happened to our attacking play has helped us look almost unplayable up front. Without Ayew would we have scored 11 goals in 5 league games? No f*cking chance.

"Without Ayew would we have scored 11 goals in 5 league games? No f*cking chance." ????

We scored five in our two home games without him in the starting line up. He had next to no involvement in the three goals we scored on Saturday.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:01 - Aug 27 with 1788 viewsLuther27

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:33 - Aug 27 by WarwickHunt

Fvck me, I agree with you!
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:06 - Aug 27 with 1781 viewsAl_Bundy

The better question here is what does Ayew want? If he wants to go then its better we don't stand in his way or we'll have a big sulk on our hands.

I agree with the value and the offset of replacing him, we would be no better off financially if we have to replace him like for like unless Surridge in that replacement in our best X1

Ayew could increase his interest away if he has a good few months up to January but if we are a top 6 side then would we want to offload him?

Personally I would keep him !
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:16 - Aug 27 with 1746 viewsjasper_T

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:00 - Aug 27 by JJJack

If you think that then I’m afraid you understand the price of everything & the value of nothing. Just like your countrymen, our owners. For a start we desperately need experienced pros to help our younger players- Ayew can & does do this; similarly Borja. But in pure financial terms, £80k/week is about £3.4m per season. Yes that’s a huge amount BUT, say you wanted a like for like replacement- that would cost millions and wages wise, maybe £30-40k/week. So where’s the gain in getting shot of him? Now we’ve made such a great start, what is he worth if he helps us to the Premier? Think of the opportunity cost of losing him and it stops us going up....

We already "replaced" him by bringing in Peterson and Kalulu who weren't even in the matchday squad at the weekend.

£4m is a massive opportunity cost for a club of our income level and we can go up without him. Anyone who thinks we'll get a big fee for him if he has a decent season and we don't get promoted is living in a fantasy world. His wages will always be a major obstacle for potential buyers, he'll be in his last year and the wrong side of 30.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:18 - Aug 27 with 1741 viewsJJJack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:16 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

We don't want a like for like replacement though. We want one whose wages don't comprise a good 20-25% of our entire parachute payment next year. Spending cash we can't really afford in the long run on a promotion push is exactly what drops teams in the shit.

If people want us to be in the market to sign players for cash in January or next summer, or even keep fully funding the academy then Andre Ayew needs to move on.

If he's still here come September then we'll just crack on. If we're five or six points clear in the top two come January then that's a decision worth considering. Now? If a decent offer comes in then Birch will let him go, and rightly so.

You may be correct in stating what our Board may do. And I’m the last person to push us to spend recklessly. But it’s a proven fact that teams that don’t go back up within 2yrs struggle financially. In this instance (13pts from 15), and given we have bigger parachute payments this yr than in the future, and given the £30m + in sales, and given we can no longer bring in this window, then of course we should keep Ayew now we can see he’s prepared to put the shift in he’s paid for. He’s an excellent player at this level.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:22 - Aug 27 with 1728 viewsjackjackjackjack

A month ago he was hated -
Ayew by NotLoyal 31 Jul 2019 15:21
Is this idiot training with the sqaud ?

Now he's going to lead us to promotion. The fickleness of football fans.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:27 - Aug 27 with 1701 viewsDdraigGoch

How much were we paying Pearlman? He’s gone so......
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:31 - Aug 27 with 1684 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:00 - Aug 27 by nantywatcher

"Without Ayew would we have scored 11 goals in 5 league games? No f*cking chance." ????

We scored five in our two home games without him in the starting line up. He had next to no involvement in the three goals we scored on Saturday.

He didn't start the Hull game, I'll give you that. We scored 2.
Not involved at all at Derby, we didn't score.

Involved after 62 minutes against Northampton (when one goal down) - scored 2 we score 3
Involved after 21 minutes against Preston - we score 3.
Invovled all game at QPR away - 2 assists, we score 3 again.
Involved all game against Birmingham, no goals or assists be yet again we score 3.

So in the two games he wasn't involved in we averaged a goal a game, in the four he was involved in, we averaged three goals a game and won all of them.

Would you care to re-evaluate your "argument"?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:34 - Aug 27 with 1669 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:22 - Aug 27 by jackjackjackjack

A month ago he was hated -
Ayew by NotLoyal 31 Jul 2019 15:21
Is this idiot training with the sqaud ?

Now he's going to lead us to promotion. The fickleness of football fans.

I was one of them, more so for his exit after relegation and his appearing not to give a damn for the club. His attitude and application I can't fault and his effect on the squad undeniable. Won me over mate.
Who are you by the way?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:47 - Aug 27 with 1626 viewsjasper_T

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:27 - Aug 27 by DdraigGoch

How much were we paying Pearlman? He’s gone so......

Might pay a month of Ayew's wages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024