Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think happy-be happy 20:22 - Aug 29 with 2092 viewsperchrockjack

Is this always possible or are we restricted by our genetic making or simply how are characters are forged from suckling at the breast.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Think happy-be happy on 20:00 - Aug 31 with 498 viewsswanjackal

Think happy-be happy on 21:14 - Aug 30 by JimmyGilligan

Anxiety is an epidemic these days, and people worrying excessively over 'what if's' is a big cause for a lot of people.

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened" is a famous quote that rings true for me, which I like to remind myself of frequently.

The problem arises though when the "what if" becomes reality. Never worried about things until they happen.

I coasted through life until around 28, not a care, everything pretty much going well, then a simple thing like getting off the floor after laying on a bean bag changed my life.

From what I initially thought, and was initially diagnosed with, a trapped nerve, has ended with me discovering a lot of things that I was in no way prepared for. Various health issues following, and a loss of income, a loss of friends (although wife and both our families have been rocks), it becomes harder to remain happy and go lucky.

You put on a face for the world but inside you have those demons, but personally has made me more adept at dealing with things. A strengthening every time something new goes wrong when you overcome...... also helps I am emotionally autistic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Think happy-be happy on 20:56 - Aug 31 with 477 viewsperchrockjack

That is one hell of a post ,Sir.

We are complex creatures and would do well to remember that

Think happy-be happy on 22:26 - Aug 31 with 453 viewsBLAZE

Think happy-be happy on 21:14 - Aug 30 by JimmyGilligan

Anxiety is an epidemic these days, and people worrying excessively over 'what if's' is a big cause for a lot of people.

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened" is a famous quote that rings true for me, which I like to remind myself of frequently.

Never heard that quote, but it resonates with me. Thanks
Think happy-be happy on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 433 viewsDarran

Think happy-be happy on 22:26 - Aug 31 by BLAZE

Never heard that quote, but it resonates with me. Thanks

Don’t wind him up again ffs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Think happy-be happy on 22:39 - Aug 31 with 433 viewsexiledclaseboy

In my experience you worry about others more than you worry about yourself.

Poll: Tory leader

Think happy-be happy on 23:03 - Aug 31 with 415 viewsPentyrchJack

Unlike most countries that use GDP or GVA measures, Bhutan measures Gross Happiness Index. The happier we are, the healthier we feel and the more we spend.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Think happy-be happy on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 364 viewsdickythorpe

Like a race horse , when conditions are ideal life can be a breeze - nothing is insurmountable and all just falls into place.
However life throws things up that take a lot of getting to grips with.
My personal belief is that in today's age we are all under pressure at work.
It leaves us fatigued and also simple pleasantries aren't exchanged anymore , or if they are a tired mind things someone is taking the rip!
I do believe that mental health in the workplace is being ignored grossly by many firms.

However an individual can have all the help and advice going, but it has to come from within to recognise what makes you happy or fulfilled.
Think happy-be happy on 10:59 - Sep 1 with 356 viewsperchrockjack

Good serious post Dicky.

Men have been conditioned ,especially in "working class" areas to be strong,silent and get on with it but it just don't always work.

We are blood and piss and wind and are help captive my our brain,the single most problematic in our bodies and hardest to control. Going to too many suicides clearly sorted me out as regards this subject.

We can try to be happy. It should be an option but often is not..

Never ever trust anyone who under duress,says "I'm alright"

Login to get fewer ads

Think happy-be happy on 11:13 - Sep 1 with 344 viewsdickythorpe

Perch, unfortunately I think "time" is the issue. Everything we do is "time sensitive". Finishing a task in work, getting the kids to school, popping in on friends/family etc
It leaves us stressed.
The weekend or any day off becomes a recuperation day.
I used to make lots of plans but nowadays I'm conscious of over extending myself.
Just because I feel good on a Monday doesn't mean I'll be out and about on Saturday, I'll decide nearer the time now what I'll be up to.
I find it helps to be more honest than letting people down - that puts pressure on one's self when you feel obligated to meet up.
Anyway, it's taken a long time to "work things out" but at 42 I feel fitter than I did at 32 and happier.
Being out and about when I have time off or just relaxing at home have helped......plus cutting down on booze and late nights have been a revelation.

The swans doing well and exceeding expectations is a tonic too!!
Think happy-be happy on 11:19 - Sep 1 with 340 viewsperchrockjack

Good posting.
I am 69 ,not far off 70. I hope to reach it. We are also almost married 40 yrs and my happiness depends on her as we are dedicated to each other.

I worry ,I know I shouldn't about what lies ahead.

Plod told me your death could literally be soon or some time away and it can vanish in an instant. I have seen too much death and my parents ended their days deeply unhappy .It killed me and it's been a tw't to get it back all together.

Instead of making up with my dad ,we made it terminal as was he soon after.

Think happy-be happy on 11:29 - Sep 1 with 339 viewsdickythorpe

It's all about NOW perch. We can't change the past.

When I lost my mother, many told me "you have to move on".
Bloody harsh it sounded at the time but it was right.
I just looked at what I had , not what I hadn't.

Look forward not dwell on times you can't change.

Fulfilling ego needs are a biggy these days. Many I work with talk of status, fast cars , money and girls.
Well I don't need to be the " big ego".
I've just seen a work colleague of mine (manager) lose everything due to being a "look at me" type.

Whilst he was out cheating on his wife, spending zero times with his kids he let his job role slip and got sacked.

Spoke to him lately and he's a mess. Nothing lined up, no interests and surprise surprise all the 'hangers on" he bought drinks for have amazingly disappeared.

Once you analyse your self esteem needs you may be surprised that wealth and status are far down the list in what truly makes you tick.
Think happy-be happy on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 333 viewsperchrockjack

We need to meet up and have a long discussion over a short beer.

I agree but my point is that our brains are often pre conditions and it is not that easy to do what we know to be right.

I inherited my mother's vicious ,short temper and the sheer,malevolent selfishness of my father. He was highly intelligent but only got rudimenary education but it didnt matter as we had a family business .(In fact much of Townhill was built by the family.) A man never to cross and one to hold a grudge long term.

I try but Duw it;'s hard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024