Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Mr Cooper 20:33 - Sep 28 with 8092 viewsMad_Mike

Well today Stephen you got it wrong.
Playing with no wingers again. Both Ayew and Celina like to cut inside.
No pace out wide. Too narrow.
We all know that Celina can't tackle and is best suited to the No 10 role.
We all know that Ayew's best position is 10 or possibly 9
Celina had a below par game.
Byers had a stinker and could /should have been hooked at half time.
Why was Fulton subbed? He was the only man in the mid field who was tackling.
We made an average Reading team look like promotion candidates in the second half.
Everyone could see a late goal coming.

Oh Mr Cooper on 10:36 - Sep 29 with 2096 viewsDr_Winston

Oh Mr Cooper on 10:20 - Sep 29 by Chief

This is it, what was happening yesterday wasn't working m most of the stadium could see that, Cooper couldn't especially that we were being overrun in the middle. When he made changes in there he tried like for like, which was pointless. No better opportunity to stick Wilmott in there yesterday just to try and see that game out.

Our keeper and defence are pretty solid, with some depth to both. There aren't many teams in the division who would turn down an attacking trio like Ayew, Baston and Celina, and that's without the other options we have like Surridge, Kalulu and Peterson (still oddly absent).

Look at the central third however and there's not much there at all. He was never going to stay for financial reasons, but we could sorely use a Fer type in there right now. We need to be scouring Europe for a midfielder who can both tackle and play the ball forward.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oh Mr Cooper on 15:06 - Sep 29 with 1957 viewsSwanseaman

Cooper has made some errors lately and we've lost some winnable games. When a manager takes their best player off (Baston), leaves on players who aren't playing well, and continues to play players out of position, it's not a good sign.

The FA cup against Watford there were warning signs, Cooper is saying we want to win every game, then he put Nordfeldt on instead of our best keeper Woodman, and when Watford were bringing on their quality replacements, he left our main man Baston on the bench.

And why are players getting tired out so early in the game, Cooper may need to calm the training down, matchday is for going 100%.

And Peterson not even on the bench?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:20 - Sep 29 with 1809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oh Mr Cooper on 21:29 - Sep 28 by Kilkennyjack

So who is the pick at 10 then ...Celina or Ayew ?

Dhanda. More dynamic and creative between the lines. Celina has the skill to create overlaps for Bidwell and John. The problem was neither was playing yesterday.

Which brings me to Byers. I think he could turn out to be the new Richie Appleby - useless and overrated. Some of the flicks he tries are just plain lazy and end up giving the opposition the ball.

Cooper f*cked up yesterday by not including Dhanda who would have torn Reading a new one at 10 and persisting with Byers who wouldn’t hardly run after 50-60 minutes. Two points not so much thrown away as doused with paraffin and set alight.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:22 - Sep 29 with 1805 viewsDJack

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:20 - Sep 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Dhanda. More dynamic and creative between the lines. Celina has the skill to create overlaps for Bidwell and John. The problem was neither was playing yesterday.

Which brings me to Byers. I think he could turn out to be the new Richie Appleby - useless and overrated. Some of the flicks he tries are just plain lazy and end up giving the opposition the ball.

Cooper f*cked up yesterday by not including Dhanda who would have torn Reading a new one at 10 and persisting with Byers who wouldn’t hardly run after 50-60 minutes. Two points not so much thrown away as doused with paraffin and set alight.

Not so sure, as the last I saw of Dhanda he looked a bit lightweight and they were quite physical yesterday.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Oh Mr Cooper on 08:13 - Sep 30 with 1709 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:22 - Sep 29 by DJack

Not so sure, as the last I saw of Dhanda he looked a bit lightweight and they were quite physical yesterday.

So were Birmingham - he played superbly. And what’s the point of having a bigger lump in Byers who doesn’t do much?

Oh Mr Cooper on 09:28 - Sep 30 with 1658 viewsLegend83

Oh Mr Cooper on 08:13 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

So were Birmingham - he played superbly. And what’s the point of having a bigger lump in Byers who doesn’t do much?

Dhanda was alright against Watford the other night...but then so was Byers...

I like Byers but I still think he could lost half a stone.
Oh Mr Cooper on 11:15 - Sep 30 with 1615 viewsswanforthemoney

For me, one of the reasons we didn't hang on was bringing on Garrick,
I stand in the North East, so he was right in front of me and I was able to get a good look.
OK he's quicker than sh1t off a shovel, but he couldn't retain possession and his defending was poor to the extent he kind of got back, but didn't really put theirs under pressure or tackle.
Switching Ayew to the left to accommodate him disrupted the shape.
Probably introduced to break out at speed, but it didn't work. He had one run when he came on which ultimately came to nought,

I stand in the North Stand

Oh Mr Cooper on 11:29 - Sep 30 with 1600 viewsDafyddHuw

Oh Mr Cooper on 11:15 - Sep 30 by swanforthemoney

For me, one of the reasons we didn't hang on was bringing on Garrick,
I stand in the North East, so he was right in front of me and I was able to get a good look.
OK he's quicker than sh1t off a shovel, but he couldn't retain possession and his defending was poor to the extent he kind of got back, but didn't really put theirs under pressure or tackle.
Switching Ayew to the left to accommodate him disrupted the shape.
Probably introduced to break out at speed, but it didn't work. He had one run when he came on which ultimately came to nought,

Totally agree with this post. I like what I've seen of Garrick. But he has no concept of defending - he's too young and hasn't learned that yet.
If Cooper is going to play him, he should start with him and replace him as the game goes on, not put him on when we're struggling to hold on to a 1-0 lead. Poor management decision in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh Mr Cooper on 12:28 - Sep 30 with 1568 viewsjack247

Oh Mr Cooper on 10:36 - Sep 29 by Dr_Winston

Our keeper and defence are pretty solid, with some depth to both. There aren't many teams in the division who would turn down an attacking trio like Ayew, Baston and Celina, and that's without the other options we have like Surridge, Kalulu and Peterson (still oddly absent).

Look at the central third however and there's not much there at all. He was never going to stay for financial reasons, but we could sorely use a Fer type in there right now. We need to be scouring Europe for a midfielder who can both tackle and play the ball forward.

Agree with all of that, top post.

He just hasn’t found the right combination in midfield at the moment. I’ve praised him a lot for his substitutions this season, but Saturday it didn’t work. Yes, Reading were on top in midfield, but he tried to change that by going with three ‘footballers’ and took our dog off, presumably to try to papas our way around them. Can see the logic, but 1-0 up late in the game I’d like a bit of pragmatism.

I like Byers, but I think I’d rather see Celina (or even Ayew) in that central role with Routledge wide.
Oh Mr Cooper on 12:54 - Sep 30 with 1533 viewsNeath_Jack

Playing Ayew and Celina on the wings is criminal.

Seems to me we're just trying to accommodate them in the team. We've got wingers, so a novel idea would be to play them on the wings, not try and shoehorn our number 10's out there.

By chucking Celina out there, we are losing our best number 10.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Oh Mr Cooper on 12:57 - Sep 30 with 1529 viewsDr_Winston

Oh Mr Cooper on 12:28 - Sep 30 by jack247

Agree with all of that, top post.

He just hasn’t found the right combination in midfield at the moment. I’ve praised him a lot for his substitutions this season, but Saturday it didn’t work. Yes, Reading were on top in midfield, but he tried to change that by going with three ‘footballers’ and took our dog off, presumably to try to papas our way around them. Can see the logic, but 1-0 up late in the game I’d like a bit of pragmatism.

I like Byers, but I think I’d rather see Celina (or even Ayew) in that central role with Routledge wide.

I'm not entirely sure that we've got a right combination with the players available to him. Any two of them could play a role in a midfield three, but three of them together lacks something no matter which combination he uses. There's not a "bad" player in the bunch, but they're all a bit samey for me.

We're lacking a Bodde/Shelvey/JdG/Fer type. Someone capable of driving the ball forward and dictating the pace of our play. The options we have now are too passive.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oh Mr Cooper on 13:13 - Sep 30 with 1499 viewsMoscowJack

There are some excellent points on here.

I noticed (on the TV) that Fulton's legs had gone about 10-15 minutes before he was hooked. I've no idea why he was so 'leggy' but he wasn't the only one. The whole of midfield looked leggy. Perhaps, as someone has already said, Cooper needs to make sure that the players are fully fresh for match days, especially when they don't play a league game midweek.

I also agree about no.10 needing to be Celina or Ayew. I think both are wasted and less effective out wide, even if we have won some games with them playing there. Baston needs service and he's not getting it often enough. This, in my opinion, is due to the lack of width. Dyer and Routs aren't what they once were but they're also both capable of creating for a striker. Baston's not the type to create from nothing but seems to be able to put away decent chances when he gets them.

I was also wondering if we could accommodate Ayew, Celina, Baston and two wingers (or wing backs) by playing a back 3 of Rodon, Mike and one other. Maybe we don't need to tweak things this much, but it might be worth considering as I don't like seeing players being played out of their best (most effective) positions, just to get them into the starting XI.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Oh Mr Cooper on 15:08 - Sep 30 with 1426 viewsvetchonian

Oh Mr Cooper on 13:13 - Sep 30 by MoscowJack

There are some excellent points on here.

I noticed (on the TV) that Fulton's legs had gone about 10-15 minutes before he was hooked. I've no idea why he was so 'leggy' but he wasn't the only one. The whole of midfield looked leggy. Perhaps, as someone has already said, Cooper needs to make sure that the players are fully fresh for match days, especially when they don't play a league game midweek.

I also agree about no.10 needing to be Celina or Ayew. I think both are wasted and less effective out wide, even if we have won some games with them playing there. Baston needs service and he's not getting it often enough. This, in my opinion, is due to the lack of width. Dyer and Routs aren't what they once were but they're also both capable of creating for a striker. Baston's not the type to create from nothing but seems to be able to put away decent chances when he gets them.

I was also wondering if we could accommodate Ayew, Celina, Baston and two wingers (or wing backs) by playing a back 3 of Rodon, Mike and one other. Maybe we don't need to tweak things this much, but it might be worth considering as I don't like seeing players being played out of their best (most effective) positions, just to get them into the starting XI.

Maybe what we need is a 4-2 -3 1

Roberts/Naughton VDH Rodon Bidwell/John

Grimes Fulton

Ayew Celina Routledge/Peterson

Borja

The full backs could provide additional width with Grimes or Fulton dropping back to support the CBs Celina would be more effective in th middle . I think that team and set up could do some damage to teams

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Oh Mr Cooper on 20:16 - Sep 30 with 1365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oh Mr Cooper on 15:08 - Sep 30 by vetchonian

Maybe what we need is a 4-2 -3 1

Roberts/Naughton VDH Rodon Bidwell/John

Grimes Fulton

Ayew Celina Routledge/Peterson

Borja

The full backs could provide additional width with Grimes or Fulton dropping back to support the CBs Celina would be more effective in th middle . I think that team and set up could do some damage to teams

We tried that against Forest?

Oh Mr Cooper on 20:41 - Sep 30 with 1339 viewsLeonWasGod

What does this all say about Peterson? Wasn’t he Cooper’s signing?

Cooper’s presumably picking what he thinks are his best players and then shoe-horning them in. Celina can play on the left, but needs someone like Declan overlapping. Doesn’t work with Naughts.

Ayew? Seems to me we’re having the same discussion we had in his first spell; what’s his best position? He should be tearing up this league if he thinks he’s deserving of a top league (European qualifier) club. But he’s anonymous for 95% of each game. He’s not clicking on the left with Connor, and he was poor at no. 10 in his first spell.

Not sure where Cooper goes from here if he doesn’t like our wingers.
Oh Mr Cooper on 20:45 - Sep 30 with 1336 viewsDr_Winston

According to various sources, Andre Ayew currently has three times more assists than any other player. The only thing similar to his last spell is the number of people failing to appreciate what he brings to proceedings.

He's basically the only player we have at the moment consistently capable of creating goalscoring opportunities regardless of the gaping chasm behind him. Far from wondering what he does, we should be trying to work out how best to help him.

Oh Mr Cooper on 21:29 - Sep 30 with 1281 viewsLeonWasGod

Oh Mr Cooper on 20:45 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

According to various sources, Andre Ayew currently has three times more assists than any other player. The only thing similar to his last spell is the number of people failing to appreciate what he brings to proceedings.

He's basically the only player we have at the moment consistently capable of creating goalscoring opportunities regardless of the gaping chasm behind him. Far from wondering what he does, we should be trying to work out how best to help him.

Does he? He was like that last time. Seemingly contributing little for large parts of games, but then winning the pen that won us the game, or popping up with the winning goal. I still can’t work out where he’s best played though.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 22:29]
Oh Mr Cooper on 21:29 - Sep 30 with 1281 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oh Mr Cooper on 20:45 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Dhanda in the Birmingham game, with his running on and off the ball was causing terrible problems for their defence. It may be time now to change things by putting Wilmott in front of the back four, Grimes in a more advanced role in front and Dhanda in the ten position with Borja ahead and Celina to the left and Ayew to the right. With Roberts and either Bidwell or John on the left overlapping we would become a lot more dangerous going forward. When we get hit on the counter we will depend on Grimes getting back to help Wilmott our. It’s a bold selection that seems a little lightweight still in MF but we don’t have a whole lot of options.

Oh Mr Cooper on 21:56 - Sep 30 with 1262 viewsNotLoyal

Wilmot definitely.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:32 - Sep 30 with 1237 viewsDr_Winston

Oh Mr Cooper on 21:29 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Dhanda in the Birmingham game, with his running on and off the ball was causing terrible problems for their defence. It may be time now to change things by putting Wilmott in front of the back four, Grimes in a more advanced role in front and Dhanda in the ten position with Borja ahead and Celina to the left and Ayew to the right. With Roberts and either Bidwell or John on the left overlapping we would become a lot more dangerous going forward. When we get hit on the counter we will depend on Grimes getting back to help Wilmott our. It’s a bold selection that seems a little lightweight still in MF but we don’t have a whole lot of options.

Need to try something, as the Grimes/Fulton/Byers combo isn't working.

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:46 - Sep 30 with 1228 viewsSwanseaman

Oh Mr Cooper on 21:29 - Sep 30 by LeonWasGod

Does he? He was like that last time. Seemingly contributing little for large parts of games, but then winning the pen that won us the game, or popping up with the winning goal. I still can’t work out where he’s best played though.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 22:29]

He's been playing really well, class player

top of the stats too: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/259/Show/Wales-Swansea

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oh Mr Cooper on 23:16 - Sep 30 with 1209 viewsLeonWasGod

Oh Mr Cooper on 22:46 - Sep 30 by Swanseaman

He's been playing really well, class player

top of the stats too: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/259/Show/Wales-Swansea

I don't disagree that he's a class player. Just wondering if we're getting the best out of him. I'd like to see more; I'd like to see him really take the games by the scruff of the neck and dominate them causing the opposition all sorts of trouble. I think he's got it in him, but we rarely see it (even if he has good stats).

I wouldn't have said he's played particuallry well lover the last 3 games or so - looked fairly anonymous for large chunks of all games (obviously a good early cross for the goal on Saturday aside). But that's splitting hairs - I just expect big things from him given where he's played and the cost of him.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 23:19]
Oh Mr Cooper on 05:49 - Oct 1 with 1145 viewsTimTtam

Every time Ayew gets the ball I get optimistic that we will create a goalscoring opportunity. That points to him starting in the no.10 role. he'll get more of the ball there, surely.

- Ayew moves into the no.10 role, Byers moves to the bench, and a winger comes into the starting line up. Celina stays on the wing. Then Byers can come on as a sub in place of Celina, Ayew, or the winger, and the remaining players can shuffle to accommodate.
- Fulton stays as a starter, but Wilmot replaces him as a sub. And if Fulton is doing well, either Wilmot or Grimes (don't laugh) can go to left back in place of Bidwell/Naughton.

Potter's constant tinkering has helped in the long run, as several players can play in several positions.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Oh Mr Cooper on 07:14 - Oct 1 with 1121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oh Mr Cooper on 05:49 - Oct 1 by TimTtam

Every time Ayew gets the ball I get optimistic that we will create a goalscoring opportunity. That points to him starting in the no.10 role. he'll get more of the ball there, surely.

- Ayew moves into the no.10 role, Byers moves to the bench, and a winger comes into the starting line up. Celina stays on the wing. Then Byers can come on as a sub in place of Celina, Ayew, or the winger, and the remaining players can shuffle to accommodate.
- Fulton stays as a starter, but Wilmot replaces him as a sub. And if Fulton is doing well, either Wilmot or Grimes (don't laugh) can go to left back in place of Bidwell/Naughton.

Potter's constant tinkering has helped in the long run, as several players can play in several positions.

If certain people think Celina is a disappointment out wide then prepare for total despair if Byers is going there. Shouldn’t be in the squad, an insult to the likes of Routledge who bust their balls just trying to get on the bench.

Oh Mr Cooper on 10:10 - Oct 1 with 1065 viewsTimTtam

Oh Mr Cooper on 07:14 - Oct 1 by Brynmill_Jack

If certain people think Celina is a disappointment out wide then prepare for total despair if Byers is going there. Shouldn’t be in the squad, an insult to the likes of Routledge who bust their balls just trying to get on the bench.

Should've worded that differently. I meant when Byers comes on, it will be in the no.10 role. He looked good coming off the bench last season, when he would come on anywhere between 46' and 60'.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024