Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... 13:49 - Feb 7 with 4242 viewstheloneranger

It's only the first stage but ... Great decision and common sense prevails.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-isis-bride-shamima-begum-21448677

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:34 - Feb 10 with 790 viewslondonlisa2001

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:24 - Feb 10 by Drizzy

There are more than a few on here that will never be able to accept the British citizenship of someone with Muslim ancestry.

Yep.
Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:36 - Feb 10 with 787 viewslondonlisa2001

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:29 - Feb 10 by Darran

She should remain where she is because nobody can ever be sure she’s been deradicalised and no I didn’t say I have empathy with Islam because I go for a curry once a week I started off by saying I have lots of Muslim friends but you chose to miss that bit because it doesn’t suit your agenda.

I didn’t ignore it, I highlighted the laughable bit of you saying you went for a curry once a week as an example of your tolerance. It was your example not mine.
Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:39 - Feb 10 with 780 viewsDarran

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:36 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

I didn’t ignore it, I highlighted the laughable bit of you saying you went for a curry once a week as an example of your tolerance. It was your example not mine.

Of course you ignored it because you like to try and ridicule people that don’t agree with you tried and failed to do with with my friend Blaze last night.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:41 - Feb 10 with 777 viewsDarran

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:24 - Feb 10 by Drizzy

There are more than a few on here that will never be able to accept the British citizenship of someone with Muslim ancestry.

Yes but that’s just pure ignorance on their part because if they traced their family trees back they’d more than likely have a shock at their own Britishness.

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:43 - Feb 10 with 775 viewslondonlisa2001

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:39 - Feb 10 by Darran

Of course you ignored it because you like to try and ridicule people that don’t agree with you tried and failed to do with with my friend Blaze last night.

I’m not ridiculing you for disagreeing with me, I’m ridiculing you for implying going for a curry is an indication of your connection to the issue.
Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:47 - Feb 10 with 767 viewsHighjack

I used to go out with a Muslim girl. Her family married her off to someone up north and she got whisked away without a word. Never saw her again.

I often wonder what she’s up to now.

I also wonder if it was just a good excuse for her to dump me.

Ahh to be young again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 763 viewsDarran

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:43 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

I’m not ridiculing you for disagreeing with me, I’m ridiculing you for implying going for a curry is an indication of your connection to the issue.

Yes but you left out the bit where I implied I’ve got lots of Muslim friends on purpose.

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:57 - Feb 10 with 761 viewsHighjack

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:12 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

Islam is just one of many topics on here that are dominated by people that are terrified of anything different to what they know. It’s also dominated by people terrified of people that don’t share the same view.

Any balanced and reasonable person would say that although the huge majority of Muslims in this country are good peaceful people we nevertheless have a seriously massive problem in this country and the world with a large number of groups and cultures literally wanting to violently destroy us and our way of life in the name of their God. If we can’t be terrified of people bombing our children in pop concerts then what can we be terrified of?

I would also imagine that most of the good decent Muslim citizens of this country would absolutely condemn people like Miss Begum and the ruthless and violent actions of groups like Islamic State too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 16:04 - Feb 10 with 759 viewsDarran

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:47 - Feb 10 by Highjack

I used to go out with a Muslim girl. Her family married her off to someone up north and she got whisked away without a word. Never saw her again.

I often wonder what she’s up to now.

I also wonder if it was just a good excuse for her to dump me.

Ahh to be young again.

Bradford was more appealing than Neath.

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 16:16 - Feb 10 with 748 viewslondonlisa2001

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:57 - Feb 10 by Highjack

Any balanced and reasonable person would say that although the huge majority of Muslims in this country are good peaceful people we nevertheless have a seriously massive problem in this country and the world with a large number of groups and cultures literally wanting to violently destroy us and our way of life in the name of their God. If we can’t be terrified of people bombing our children in pop concerts then what can we be terrified of?

I would also imagine that most of the good decent Muslim citizens of this country would absolutely condemn people like Miss Begum and the ruthless and violent actions of groups like Islamic State too.

Agree in principle (although there aren’t a ‘large number of cultures’ wanting to destroy us).

But you also know that many tar all with the same brush. it happens on here all the time.
Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 16:34 - Feb 10 with 731 viewsBytholWyn

I think one would struggle to find many, if any, instances of suicide bombings or random terrorist attacks against civilians being perpetrated by Shiite Muslims. That doesn't stop the likes of Trump tarring the Iranians with the catch all "Islamic terrorist" brush. This might seem like a minor detail but it really isn't. A bit like blaming Luther (no, not the TV character) and his followers for the misdeeds of the Spanish Inquisition.
Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 18:26 - Feb 10 with 695 viewsGowerjack

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:29 - Feb 10 by Darran

She should remain where she is because nobody can ever be sure she’s been deradicalised and no I didn’t say I have empathy with Islam because I go for a curry once a week I started off by saying I have lots of Muslim friends but you chose to miss that bit because it doesn’t suit your agenda.

Who just happen to serve you curry once a week..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 18:27 - Feb 10 with 691 viewsDarran

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 18:26 - Feb 10 by Gowerjack

Who just happen to serve you curry once a week..

I’ve got Muslim friends that don’t serve curry.

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 20:04 - Feb 10 with 629 viewsLohengrin

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 18:27 - Feb 10 by Darran

I’ve got Muslim friends that don’t serve curry.

They wash the dishes...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 12:16 - Feb 11 with 573 viewsCatullus

I don't have any Muslim friends now, I only ever had a couple over the years and a few who were colleagues, is it relevant?

I didn't think she should be allowed back here, nor sent to Bangladesh. She should face trial and punishment where she committed her crimes. Once she's served her time/done her penance and if she is no longer a threat she can come back....under licence.

The problem is that people like her, the brainwashed, religiously driven types, they may never be safe to be released, how do we know? That doesn't mean we can foist her off on another country.
As much as she is responsible for her decisions she is a British citizen and we need to take responsibilty for that.
Some may read that and say I've changed my tune, that would be the benefit of debate, reading other opinions and thinking about it, like I've said before, hurling insults at those you disagree with isn't going to change minds.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 15:50 - Feb 11 with 532 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 12:16 - Feb 11 by Catullus

I don't have any Muslim friends now, I only ever had a couple over the years and a few who were colleagues, is it relevant?

I didn't think she should be allowed back here, nor sent to Bangladesh. She should face trial and punishment where she committed her crimes. Once she's served her time/done her penance and if she is no longer a threat she can come back....under licence.

The problem is that people like her, the brainwashed, religiously driven types, they may never be safe to be released, how do we know? That doesn't mean we can foist her off on another country.
As much as she is responsible for her decisions she is a British citizen and we need to take responsibilty for that.
Some may read that and say I've changed my tune, that would be the benefit of debate, reading other opinions and thinking about it, like I've said before, hurling insults at those you disagree with isn't going to change minds.

My opinion is she can rot in the shytehole where she is, without having a referendum on the matter, I would think that's the feeling of the majority of the British public.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 16:40 - Feb 11 with 523 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Shamima Begum loses legal challenge against loss of British citizenship ... on 14:10 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

She’s not appealing against deportation.

Jamaica might take her?

Then if someone says Jamaica? We could say no she chose to go herself
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 16:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024