Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL season over? 14:21 - Apr 30 with 9223 viewsWhiterockin

And no crowds in 2020?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-players-told-its-likely-2195216
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 14:21]
EFL season over? on 18:52 - Apr 30 with 1850 viewsperplex

EFL season over? on 14:56 - Apr 30 by eddie71

Oh yes don't get me wrong, I accept it too and like you I have paid for next years. These are exceptional times and if it helps stop the club going under I am happy to take the hit.

That`s like saying I paid for my holiday but do not want my money back to stop the travel company going under, get a grip man, many people can not afford to just give money away, if there is no football and you have payed to see football you get your money back, can you imagine the players and the ones running the club saying we do not want our wages if it means the club not going under, not a chance of that is there, yet you don't mind them having your money .
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:52]
EFL season over? on 19:22 - Apr 30 with 1823 viewsVincent_Vega

EFL season over? on 16:08 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

You can test people very quickly if you pay for it

Here is plan B

Resume the season in march 2021 with the tables as they are now

I'm sure people will be happy with that

😊

Although on the face of it that’s not a bad shout there are a few problems with that,

A - clubs will fold en masse, no business can last a year without income with the outgoings clubs presently have. Yes they can defer and renegotiate contracts but for example MVH contract is up in June, is it fair to keep him in limbo for a year on no pay where he can get a deal to play in say Germany who are looking to start up in 3 weeks? He’s 27, prime of his career. Yes I know moving over there would be a ball ache yada yada but it’s an example, one player of many.

2 - Other countries are at a different stage in combating the virus which looks like the leagues will be all over the place. We could pause the season for a year and come back to find some countries halfway through next season.

C - morally it’s questionable to shoehorn football in these times. All kits and personnel need to be utilised in protecting the public. Football in stadiums even empty ones would still require police, paramedics, and 1000’s of testing kits for players, club staff, stadium staff, media, officials and the quarantining process would have to take place 2 weeks before the game. Is it fair to separate loved ones for weeks on end to finish a season behind closed doors. There are bigger things to concern the world than where we’re going to finish in the league. Especially when people are dying.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

EFL season over? on 20:17 - Apr 30 with 1774 viewsMagic_Michu

EFL season over? on 19:22 - Apr 30 by Vincent_Vega

Although on the face of it that’s not a bad shout there are a few problems with that,

A - clubs will fold en masse, no business can last a year without income with the outgoings clubs presently have. Yes they can defer and renegotiate contracts but for example MVH contract is up in June, is it fair to keep him in limbo for a year on no pay where he can get a deal to play in say Germany who are looking to start up in 3 weeks? He’s 27, prime of his career. Yes I know moving over there would be a ball ache yada yada but it’s an example, one player of many.

2 - Other countries are at a different stage in combating the virus which looks like the leagues will be all over the place. We could pause the season for a year and come back to find some countries halfway through next season.

C - morally it’s questionable to shoehorn football in these times. All kits and personnel need to be utilised in protecting the public. Football in stadiums even empty ones would still require police, paramedics, and 1000’s of testing kits for players, club staff, stadium staff, media, officials and the quarantining process would have to take place 2 weeks before the game. Is it fair to separate loved ones for weeks on end to finish a season behind closed doors. There are bigger things to concern the world than where we’re going to finish in the league. Especially when people are dying.

It doesn’t look likely that German Football is going to finish either now... they relaxed lockdown and they’re heading towards a second wave, so they’re making a decision soon about increasing lockdown again - thus ending hopes of football

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

EFL season over? on 20:40 - Apr 30 with 1756 viewseddie71

EFL season over? on 18:52 - Apr 30 by perplex

That`s like saying I paid for my holiday but do not want my money back to stop the travel company going under, get a grip man, many people can not afford to just give money away, if there is no football and you have payed to see football you get your money back, can you imagine the players and the ones running the club saying we do not want our wages if it means the club not going under, not a chance of that is there, yet you don't mind them having your money .
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:52]

Its not though, because I have no emotional attachment to a travel agency. My Dad didnt take me to the local Thomas Cook on the bus when I was eight. Your football club is different, it is for me anyway. Fans dont travel to other grounds with collection buckets when thier travel agent cant pay its bill no do they march.

I can't really explain it. You either get this or you don't.
EFL season over? on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 1739 viewsSTID2017

EFL season over? on 15:20 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

So it's ok for millions of non essential shops and office workers to return to work but not footballers

That's daft

What is daft is those non essential workers returning to work.
PL planning to restart anytime soon ox just sheer greed.
I wish this government had the guts to ban them but cannot see it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

EFL season over? on 21:08 - Apr 30 with 1738 viewsJohnw102

I think the season should be declared null and void, then Liverpool and Leeds play off to see who cries the most.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

EFL season over? on 21:55 - Apr 30 with 1710 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 21:02 - Apr 30 by STID2017

What is daft is those non essential workers returning to work.
PL planning to restart anytime soon ox just sheer greed.
I wish this government had the guts to ban them but cannot see it

So your saying that same government should have the guts to also ban millions of non essential workers returning to work ?

That's what they are sanctioning soon, the government
EFL season over? on 22:05 - Apr 30 with 1697 viewspencoedjack

EFL season over? on 20:40 - Apr 30 by eddie71

Its not though, because I have no emotional attachment to a travel agency. My Dad didnt take me to the local Thomas Cook on the bus when I was eight. Your football club is different, it is for me anyway. Fans dont travel to other grounds with collection buckets when thier travel agent cant pay its bill no do they march.

I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years, been to around 70 away grounds spending 1000’s, the Swans were probably a big reason in the break up of my 1st marriage & I don’t get it.

400 notes to a US hedge funds back pocket carry on fella
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:46]
Login to get fewer ads

EFL season over? on 22:42 - Apr 30 with 1660 viewsTreforys_Jack

EFL season over? on 22:05 - Apr 30 by pencoedjack

I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years, been to around 70 away grounds spending 1000’s, the Swans were probably a big reason in the break up of my 1st marriage & I don’t get it.

Agree fully.
EFL season over? on 23:06 - Apr 30 with 1635 viewsbuilthjack

Stop this season now. No winners, no losers. End of.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

EFL season over? on 23:20 - Apr 30 with 1621 viewscmajack

EFL season over? on 22:05 - Apr 30 by pencoedjack

Totally agree with you on this. Similar to you , I've watched the swans for 55 years , been to 75 league grounds , many 3 or 4 times and spent thousands of pounds following them. At the end of the day if football is called off for the season i want a refund on the games I've paid for and will not get to see. On the martin lewis money show tonight you are legally entitled to your money back should this happen, whether it's theatre, cinema , holidays or anything else you have paid for that is being affected by the coronavirus. I've had to finish work due to the pandemic and am one of the small percentage of self employed people that will get absolutely nothing from the government, so I'm losing a lot of money every month so need any extra cash i can get my hands on.
EFL season over? on 23:25 - Apr 30 with 1616 viewsbuilthjack

EFL season over? on 23:20 - Apr 30 by cmajack

Totally agree with you on this. Similar to you , I've watched the swans for 55 years , been to 75 league grounds , many 3 or 4 times and spent thousands of pounds following them. At the end of the day if football is called off for the season i want a refund on the games I've paid for and will not get to see. On the martin lewis money show tonight you are legally entitled to your money back should this happen, whether it's theatre, cinema , holidays or anything else you have paid for that is being affected by the coronavirus. I've had to finish work due to the pandemic and am one of the small percentage of self employed people that will get absolutely nothing from the government, so I'm losing a lot of money every month so need any extra cash i can get my hands on.

There's far more people getting nothing off this government in the pandemic than they let on.
At least 4 recently self employed in our little Close of 16 houses, who won't get a single penny, like yourself. Scandalous.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

EFL season over? on 08:42 - May 1 with 1527 viewsKGriz16

Did anyone else get a voice note from the Bristol Rovers manager appear on their groups on Whatsapp. According to the voice note, no EFL football until January 2021. Discusses contract situations, pay offs etc. Says no relegation on PL, but will be promotions from Champ.
EFL season over? on 10:08 - May 1 with 1490 viewsjack247

EFL season over? on 20:40 - Apr 30 by eddie71

I’m with you on this season. If we get the games streamed with no crowd, if the season gets cancelled, it is what it is. Completely agree with the sentiment too. Can’t bring myself to pay for next seasons until we know what’s going on though.
EFL season over? on 10:27 - May 1 with 1475 viewsCatullus

EFL season over? on 23:20 - Apr 30 by cmajack

Also agreed.

Thing is the days when the fans were absolutely important to clubs has long gone. We are just a revenue stream to them now, it may be different lower down because the clubs are far more dependent on their fans. It is less true in the Championship also, depending on the club and if they're up and down between the Chanp and the Prem league.
The clubs might say the right things, and our club is always on about 'us' but truthfully, I lost my emotional attachment to the Swans a fair while back, it was a habit that faded until I became an armchair supporter. I will only ever be a Swans supporter, no other club will do but I am not driven to support them like I was 30 years ago.

There are more important things.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL season over? on 10:30 - May 1 with 1469 viewsmagicdaps10

EFL season over? on 08:42 - May 1 by KGriz16

Did anyone else get a voice note from the Bristol Rovers manager appear on their groups on Whatsapp. According to the voice note, no EFL football until January 2021. Discusses contract situations, pay offs etc. Says no relegation on PL, but will be promotions from Champ.

Yeah, interesting one but all seemed a bit staged for me.

If true, MVH could be begging for that contract we have on offer at reduced terms 😁.
All jokes aside, it could be a much longer time without football than first anticipated.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

EFL season over? on 10:39 - May 1 with 1462 viewsjack247

EFL season over? on 08:42 - May 1 by KGriz16

Anyone have any idea how that would work? I can’t see the PL running with 22 teams. Makes sense in terms of avoiding legal action I guess.
EFL season over? on 11:18 - May 1 with 1431 viewsCatullus

EFL season over? on 10:39 - May 1 by jack247

Anyone have any idea how that would work? I can’t see the PL running with 22 teams. Makes sense in terms of avoiding legal action I guess.

22 teams? What do they do then, relegate 5 teams? Do all the other divisions only allow promotion but then relegate more teams too?

Such a thing only raises more questions. Maybe we need to accept that clubs will go to the wall but they'll come back and start at the bottom. I'm still for postponing and just carrying on where we left off, eventually. If football isn't able to start in August then what's the difference?
What if there's no sport until feb or March 2021? How do we fit things in without more disruption, isn't it easier just to pick up from where we were?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL season over? on 11:43 - May 1 with 1400 viewsjack247

EFL season over? on 11:18 - May 1 by Catullus

22 teams? What do they do then, relegate 5 teams? Do all the other divisions only allow promotion but then relegate more teams too?

Such a thing only raises more questions. Maybe we need to accept that clubs will go to the wall but they'll come back and start at the bottom. I'm still for postponing and just carrying on where we left off, eventually. If football isn't able to start in August then what's the difference?
What if there's no sport until feb or March 2021? How do we fit things in without more disruption, isn't it easier just to pick up from where we were?

I’ve no idea. I’m just going off on KGriz’ post regarding the Bristol Rovers manager saying there will be PL promotion but no relegation.

Makes sense in some ways, but logistically it would be a nightmare. Would this just apply to the PL and run with a smaller championship? Or would the promotion/no relegation filter down the leagues?

Obvious I know, but until we know when football can return, there are going to be far more questions than answers.
EFL season over? on 13:28 - May 1 with 1345 viewsmonmouth

This feels pathetically unfair.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/01/championship-plan-hold-play-off

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

EFL season over? on 13:56 - May 1 with 1321 viewsJoe_bradshaw

EFL season over? on 13:28 - May 1 by monmouth

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/01/championship-plan-hold-play-off

It does.

Apparently there are two clubs in the lower levels of the pyramid that had mathematically secured promotion at the time that football stopped and the season was declared null and void. That's tough for them to swallow.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

EFL season over? on 14:39 - May 1 with 1292 viewsjack_lord

I'd say it was pathetically unfair. Swansea and Cardiff are one win outside the play offs. Preston have lost 4 out of their last 6 games. There are 9 games left. The potential to get 27 points.
There may be some of formula that grades how they assume each game may finish but none of these may actually be true. Leeds may play against Swansea at the Liberty, Swansea win - get in to the play off spot and the team in third place win the same day and are now only 3 points behind the automatic spot.
My view is that the season is either completed where each team has played each other or it is null and void.
The football league was abandoned during the 1939-40 season but only 3 games had been played so probably not a good precedent.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

EFL season over? on 14:55 - May 1 with 1275 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 14:39 - May 1 by jack_lord

I'd say it was pathetically unfair. Swansea and Cardiff are one win outside the play offs. Preston have lost 4 out of their last 6 games. There are 9 games left. The potential to get 27 points.
There may be some of formula that grades how they assume each game may finish but none of these may actually be true. Leeds may play against Swansea at the Liberty, Swansea win - get in to the play off spot and the team in third place win the same day and are now only 3 points behind the automatic spot.
My view is that the season is either completed where each team has played each other or it is null and void.
The football league was abandoned during the 1939-40 season but only 3 games had been played so probably not a good precedent.

Nul and void would also be unfair

There is no fair way
EFL season over? on 15:23 - May 1 with 1242 viewsjack247

EFL season over? on 14:55 - May 1 by Best_loser

Nul and void would also be unfair

There is no fair way

Exactly.

This is the way that stops the Premier League being sued for £100m or so by the current bottom three/top two in the Championship.

If we can’t finish the season, some clubs, like us, are going to lose out, while some will benefit massively.
EFL season over? on 16:02 - May 1 with 1213 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s also completely different to what would happen if the top two didn’t happen to be West Brom and Leeds. And two of the play off places being Forest and Fulham.

Football needs to get over its over inflated sense of self importance and realise that the world will be different now.

Oh and anyone that wants to leave in season ticket money while Ayew earns £90k a week or whatever he earns needs their heads examined.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024