Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does the WAG get away with it? 22:28 - May 8 with 7430 viewsrockj

I haven’t posted on here for around six months. I’ve been reading a lot of nonsense on here recently. One thing that has become clear old tribal bs has come back. Westminster gets slated day in day out, yet they’ve got capacity for 100k tests, we scrapped our targets because we couldn’t be even reach modest levels.

It smacks of its labour so that’s fine, if it’s the Tories then by definition they’re evil and we must slag them off an forget how useless labour are.

I think on VE Day it’s an outrage that the Nats in Scotland and Welsh labour have decided to be political. I’ve slated the tories on Brexit, I like to think I try to look at it issue by issue.

I sincerely hoped on this issue it would be like that but as ever tribal nonsense kicks in. No wonder Wales lags behind, we still reach for the comfort blanket when sh1t hits the fan.

For what it’s worth I agreed with the lockdown to get ducks in a row but I think we should be getting out there now and protect the most vulnerable. Otherwise we’ll have no Country to go back to and we’ll have huge issues with issues with metal health for example

We can’t hide away forever
[Post edited 8 May 2020 22:29]
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:53 - May 9 with 1671 viewsrockj

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:38 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

You started comparing England and Wales.

You said .... ‘It serves Wales very badly’.

The percentages (not just the totals) suggest you are quite wrong.

Do we have Heathrow, do we have Gatwick?

To give a couple of examples

Play fair man

It’s a ridiculous comparison - I’m talking about accountability that’s all. If you want your independence dream then you’re not doing your cause any good.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:56 - May 9 with 1633 viewsKilkennyjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:53 - May 9 by rockj

Do we have Heathrow, do we have Gatwick?

To give a couple of examples

Play fair man

It’s a ridiculous comparison - I’m talking about accountability that’s all. If you want your independence dream then you’re not doing your cause any good.

So you draw a direct comparison between wales and england, i respond with numbers that show you are wrong, and then i have done damage to my dream/cause. How strange ?

Answer me this one, proper question ?
Why did the Johnson govt allow/encouage the VE Day street parties when they could have said... sorry its lockdown, we will rearrange for September or something ?
Especially as its the same war generation that lockdown protects most if all.
They knew it would turn into a piss up and more mixing.
It obviously suits Johnson or it would have got pulled.
So why ? Shirley more than a feel-good fix ?

Beware of the Risen People

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 11:10 - May 10 with 1574 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:38 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

You started comparing England and Wales.

You said .... ‘It serves Wales very badly’.

The percentages (not just the totals) suggest you are quite wrong.

It's really hard to make a direct comparison because of the massive differences. For example, in England roughly 20% are an ethnic minority as against around 7% in Wales and we know this virus hits non white people harder.
We also know that the areas more densely populated have realtively more cases and London has almost a 50/50 ethnic to white mix as well as having the highest population density in the UK and yes, the busiest travel hub in Europe at Heathrow. The hardest hit area in Wales is it's most populated area, Cardiff, which has almost 0.62% rate (ok, 0.6177) and the South East of Wales has the largest population share and most covid cases/deaths.

If you're talking about the NHS overall though, then Wales is served badly. Not because of the staff but because of the senior management and politicians. In England (last year) they doubled the waiting time for a hip replacement to 3 months but in Wales it was at 2 years, hardly great. When your elderly mother in on a trolley in a corridor, without a blanket and her semi naked body exposed for everybody to see, is that good? England has it's problems but Wales is doing worse.
Covid-19 is a different thing though, more difficult to compare.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:51 - May 10 with 1549 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 11:10 - May 10 by Catullus

It's really hard to make a direct comparison because of the massive differences. For example, in England roughly 20% are an ethnic minority as against around 7% in Wales and we know this virus hits non white people harder.
We also know that the areas more densely populated have realtively more cases and London has almost a 50/50 ethnic to white mix as well as having the highest population density in the UK and yes, the busiest travel hub in Europe at Heathrow. The hardest hit area in Wales is it's most populated area, Cardiff, which has almost 0.62% rate (ok, 0.6177) and the South East of Wales has the largest population share and most covid cases/deaths.

If you're talking about the NHS overall though, then Wales is served badly. Not because of the staff but because of the senior management and politicians. In England (last year) they doubled the waiting time for a hip replacement to 3 months but in Wales it was at 2 years, hardly great. When your elderly mother in on a trolley in a corridor, without a blanket and her semi naked body exposed for everybody to see, is that good? England has it's problems but Wales is doing worse.
Covid-19 is a different thing though, more difficult to compare.

Waiting lists in wales are the responsibility of the welsh Assembly. I dont care what labour decides to rename it to hide 20 years of mismanagement.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:21 - May 10 with 1539 viewsrockj

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:56 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

So you draw a direct comparison between wales and england, i respond with numbers that show you are wrong, and then i have done damage to my dream/cause. How strange ?

Answer me this one, proper question ?
Why did the Johnson govt allow/encouage the VE Day street parties when they could have said... sorry its lockdown, we will rearrange for September or something ?
Especially as its the same war generation that lockdown protects most if all.
They knew it would turn into a piss up and more mixing.
It obviously suits Johnson or it would have got pulled.
So why ? Shirley more than a feel-good fix ?

Have you listened at all to what I was saying?

I have merely spoken about the fact we are on a Swansea City message board talking about the NHS etc and there’s barely a mention about the WAG who run the system. Accountability.

You’ve now chucked some figures at me as if to say that proves Wales has done better. When you’re not taking account of density of population, ethnicity (England far higher BAME pop) etc etc

The point is that it’s not a fair comparison and has nothing to do with my point. Your shifting the goalposts which is precisely what I’ve been saying.

Okay as you’ve decided to shift the dial I’ll play along. Can you give me one measure that the Welsh Gov has put in place that has helped to have a better statistical outcome?

I’ll be amazed if you can come up with one
[Post edited 10 May 2020 13:25]
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 17:46 - May 10 with 1492 viewsKilkennyjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:21 - May 10 by rockj

Have you listened at all to what I was saying?

I have merely spoken about the fact we are on a Swansea City message board talking about the NHS etc and there’s barely a mention about the WAG who run the system. Accountability.

You’ve now chucked some figures at me as if to say that proves Wales has done better. When you’re not taking account of density of population, ethnicity (England far higher BAME pop) etc etc

The point is that it’s not a fair comparison and has nothing to do with my point. Your shifting the goalposts which is precisely what I’ve been saying.

Okay as you’ve decided to shift the dial I’ll play along. Can you give me one measure that the Welsh Gov has put in place that has helped to have a better statistical outcome?

I’ll be amazed if you can come up with one
[Post edited 10 May 2020 13:25]

Point taken, i think ..

Wales has a huge advantage as a smaller nation with large natural resources.

Its easy to turn a small boat around, rather than a big tanker.
And thats the point.

Wales has done relatively better than England - in part - because the scale allows focus, agile thinking and the ability to tap into local needs promptly to be able to respond effectively.
Distribution logistics easier at our scale.

All harder in England due to the huge scale.

And so the divs wanting a UK NHS would lose Wales this critical advantage.

Given the opportunity, then this applies to the economy as well.
Many small European nations are very successful.

Well done the Welsh NHS, but the English NHS have been equally heroic of course.
God bless them all.

And Drakeford has been a visible leader, whereas where is Johnson ?
He has not helped outcomes in England. Lazy twaat who hates detail - problematic in a pandemic.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 20:12 - May 10 with 1453 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 17:46 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Point taken, i think ..

Wales has a huge advantage as a smaller nation with large natural resources.

Its easy to turn a small boat around, rather than a big tanker.
And thats the point.

Wales has done relatively better than England - in part - because the scale allows focus, agile thinking and the ability to tap into local needs promptly to be able to respond effectively.
Distribution logistics easier at our scale.

All harder in England due to the huge scale.

And so the divs wanting a UK NHS would lose Wales this critical advantage.

Given the opportunity, then this applies to the economy as well.
Many small European nations are very successful.

Well done the Welsh NHS, but the English NHS have been equally heroic of course.
God bless them all.

And Drakeford has been a visible leader, whereas where is Johnson ?
He has not helped outcomes in England. Lazy twaat who hates detail - problematic in a pandemic.

Oh good grief, you expect agile thinking from Drakeford and Gething? If it's such a huge advantage why is the Welsh NHS doing so badly against England in pretty much every area besides the Covid virus?

I watched Drakeford on Politics Wales this morning, he's about as agile as a glacier. Listening to him speaking was difficult, he's so ponderous.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:14 - May 10 with 1427 viewsBytholWyn

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 20:12 - May 10 by Catullus

Oh good grief, you expect agile thinking from Drakeford and Gething? If it's such a huge advantage why is the Welsh NHS doing so badly against England in pretty much every area besides the Covid virus?

I watched Drakeford on Politics Wales this morning, he's about as agile as a glacier. Listening to him speaking was difficult, he's so ponderous.

Give me a grey, boring, ponderous, but serious leader, over a charismatic, superficial, feckless idiot any day of the week.
Login to get fewer ads

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:34 - May 10 with 1418 viewsKilkennyjack

Professor Mark Drakeford if you please.

A considered intelligent and serious professional man who actually cares about the people.

Whereas Johnson is a lazy clown 🤡, only cares about himself, and would be better suited to hosting a tea time Channel 4 quiz show.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:16 - May 10 with 1393 viewsmajorraglan

I agree that the WAG performance on health seems to be poorer than other areas of the U.K, but some comparisons I have previously read indicate that when the population profile is considered Wales spends the lowest amount per capita of all the UK nations. The article added if the funding formula was to be changed to reflect the issues in Wales an additional 10% would be needed, at the same time Northern Ireland would see a decrease.

Be interesting if someone could produce some accurate recent data.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:10 - May 11 with 1341 viewsmonmouth

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:16 - May 10 by majorraglan

I agree that the WAG performance on health seems to be poorer than other areas of the U.K, but some comparisons I have previously read indicate that when the population profile is considered Wales spends the lowest amount per capita of all the UK nations. The article added if the funding formula was to be changed to reflect the issues in Wales an additional 10% would be needed, at the same time Northern Ireland would see a decrease.

So maybe they shouldn't waste it on free prescriptions for absolutely everyone?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 8:10]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:15 - May 11 with 1335 viewsmajorraglan

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:10 - May 11 by monmouth

So maybe they shouldn't waste it on free prescriptions for absolutely everyone?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 8:10]

Totally agree with you.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 17:31 - May 11 with 1259 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:16 - May 10 by majorraglan

Last year Wales got 8% more per head than most of England (London aside) for health and social care. The gap has narrowed, in 95/96 we got 18% more.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 17:40 - May 11 with 1245 viewsHighjack

He’s bloody gorgeous though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 17:46 - May 11 with 1233 viewsHighjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:34 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Professor Mark Drakeford if you please.

A considered intelligent and serious professional man who actually cares about the people.

Whereas Johnson is a lazy clown 🤡, only cares about himself, and would be better suited to hosting a tea time Channel 4 quiz show.

What is he professor of out of interest?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 18:47 - May 11 with 1214 viewsAlgorfajack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 17:46 - May 11 by Highjack

What is he professor of out of interest?

Professor of Social Policy and Applied Social Sciences apparently.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 19:55 - May 11 with 1195 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 18:47 - May 11 by Algorfajack

Maybe he should know then that the way the Senedd spends it's money is causing social inequality across Wales, that his handling of the M4 relief has cost a lot of money and done nothing to alleviate the disparity across Wales and that his (and now Gething's) handling of the NHS is causing massive problems.

The problem, as Monny points out re prescriptions, is that giving away lots of free stuff means the rich benefit as much as the poor and it just feeds the problems.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 20:51 - May 11 with 1179 viewsHighjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 18:47 - May 11 by Algorfajack

Ahh not a proper subject then.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 20:58 - May 11 with 1171 viewsKilkennyjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 20:51 - May 11 by Highjack

Ahh not a proper subject then.

Good to know its you who decides these things ... 🤷‍♂️

Johnson would be a professor of ‘wind and piss’ ....

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:20 - May 11 with 1142 viewsmajorraglan

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 19:55 - May 11 by Catullus

Maybe he should know then that the way the Senedd spends it's money is causing social inequality across Wales, that his handling of the M4 relief has cost a lot of money and done nothing to alleviate the disparity across Wales and that his (and now Gething's) handling of the NHS is causing massive problems.

The problem, as Monny points out re prescriptions, is that giving away lots of free stuff means the rich benefit as much as the poor and it just feeds the problems.

I am not rich, far from it and a free prescription is just about the only “perk” I get for my taxes, but I think the money spent on free prescriptions would be better spent elsewhere in the Health Service.
People who ask for Calpol on prescription (unless they are on benefits and really can’t afford it) should be told to do one as should anyone who wants a packet of paracetamol which costs pennies in a shop.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 10:56 - May 12 with 1086 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 23:20 - May 11 by majorraglan

I am not rich, far from it and a free prescription is just about the only “perk” I get for my taxes, but I think the money spent on free prescriptions would be better spent elsewhere in the Health Service.
People who ask for Calpol on prescription (unless they are on benefits and really can’t afford it) should be told to do one as should anyone who wants a packet of paracetamol which costs pennies in a shop.

There's very many prescriptions written for things that are pretty cheap on a supermarket shelf.
What if I told you people pretended their babies had a milk allergy so they could get free milk off the NHS?
The WOL did a story on free scripts 2 years back, Strepsils and Bonjela ffs!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/strepsils-nhs-free-prescriptions-eve

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024