Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erected in Bristol this morning 13:55 - Jul 15 with 17162 viewsDrizzy

This will upset a few.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Erected in Bristol this morning on 19:45 - Jul 15 with 1634 viewsJack123

Hopefully the council will pull it down, before the people do it!!

Who wants to see a statue of a criminal nobody!!

Anyway more shame on the media, who spent a good few grand just to incite more hatred

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:00 - Jul 15 with 1609 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 19:45 - Jul 15 by Jack123

Anyway more shame on the media, who spent a good few grand just to incite more hatred

Criminal nobody?

You're well on your way to another grovelling apology tomorrow morning.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:03 - Jul 15 with 1605 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 18:21 - Jul 15 by felixstowe_jack

You are probably right I just think the people of bristol should have decided not mob rule.

They did. Thousands signed a petition to remove it. Community groups lobbied to at least have the plaque altered but the council didn't go through with it.

The people of Bristol will decide what statue will take its place. It won't be another slave trader.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:03 - Jul 15 with 1605 viewslondonlisa2001

Erected in Bristol this morning on 19:45 - Jul 15 by Jack123

Do you think she should ‘go back to Africa’ ?
Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:18 - Jul 15 with 1578 viewsJack123

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:00 - Jul 15 by Drizzy

Criminal nobody?

Ah right, so it's ok for her to be part of a mob dragging the statue towards the docks? That's ok is it?

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:22 - Jul 15 with 1566 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:03 - Jul 15 by Drizzy

They did. Thousands signed a petition to remove it. Community groups lobbied to at least have the plaque altered but the council didn't go through with it.

The people of Bristol will decide what statue will take its place. It won't be another slave trader.

A petition is not letting the people decide. More Bristol people did not sign the petition than signed it.

They should have held a local referendum that is democracy not letting the mob rule .

It was sheer criminal damage.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:32 - Jul 15 with 1551 viewsJack123

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:03 - Jul 15 by londonlisa2001

Do you think she should ‘go back to Africa’ ?

No, and I have already explained that.. But if she doesn't like it here after what happened a couple of hundred years ago, well what can I say, she most probably won't like it anywhere.

Lol all this stunt was funded by c4, pretty pathetic, and also disgusting.

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:44 - Jul 15 with 1538 viewsKilkennyjack

✊🏾 Brilliant.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:46 - Jul 15 with 1533 viewsJack123

Thank heavens the mayor of Bristol has some sense!! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-53423415

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:58 - Jul 15 with 1519 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 19:05 - Jul 15 by londonlisa2001

I’m absolutely entrenched in the idea that a mass murderer shouldn’t be celebrated with a statue, you’re quite correct.

There is no evidence that will make me think ‘ah well, perhaps he wasn’t too bad then’.

I could equally claim any random person is a mass murder but Colston was not otherwise he would have been tried and hanged.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:00 - Jul 15 with 1522 viewsEbo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:22 - Jul 15 by felixstowe_jack

A petition is not letting the people decide. More Bristol people did not sign the petition than signed it.

They should have held a local referendum that is democracy not letting the mob rule .

It was sheer criminal damage.

You’re good at making shit up aren’t you? I’ve relatives in Bristol and the people of Bristol have asked for years about its removal but it’s fallen on deaf ears.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:02 - Jul 15 with 1512 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:00 - Jul 15 by Ebo

You’re good at making shit up aren’t you? I’ve relatives in Bristol and the people of Bristol have asked for years about its removal but it’s fallen on deaf ears.

A few have asked but no referendum so how do you know what the majority want?

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:05 - Jul 15 with 1510 viewsAndy1300

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:00 - Jul 15 by Ebo

But only a fraction of the people of Bristol petitioned for its removal, that doesn’t mean “the people of Bristol “

Number 1 team in Wales

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:08 - Jul 15 with 1503 viewsJack123

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:05 - Jul 15 by Andy1300

But only a fraction of the people of Bristol petitioned for its removal, that doesn’t mean “the people of Bristol “

I was about to post the same thing!! Ebo is a charmer "good at making shit up", then he himself gets all the facts wrong, or which I suspect is too dumb too understand.

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:14 - Jul 15 with 1488 viewsTreforys_Jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 19:05 - Jul 15 by londonlisa2001

I’m absolutely entrenched in the idea that a mass murderer shouldn’t be celebrated with a statue, you’re quite correct.

There is no evidence that will make me think ‘ah well, perhaps he wasn’t too bad then’.

I've yet to see you swayed by any argument from anyone who has differing opinions to you on any subject whatsoever. So entrenched is part of your online persona yes.
Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:16 - Jul 15 with 1483 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 19:03 - Jul 15 by londonlisa2001

Owned shares in a company that traded slaves?

Don’t be such an apologist.

“ In his mid-40s, Colston became prominently involved in Britain’s sole official slaving company at the time, the Royal African Company (RAC). Colston served the company for a dozen years (1680-1692) as a major investor, manager and deputy governor. During this time, 84,500 enslaved Africans were transported on RAC ships, with 23% dying before reaching shore (19,300). This included women and children as young as six — each enslaved person was branded with the company’s initials on their chest. To maximise profit, the ships hulls were divided into holds with little headroom, so they could transport as many enslaved people as possible. The unhygienic conditions, dehydration, dysentery and scurvy killed nearly 20,000 enslaved Africans during the crossings. Their bodies were thrown overboard. 12,209 of the captives were children of 10 years or below. 1 in 4 children died en route. Archival research by Reverend Wilkins in the 1920s showed that Colston served actively on all of the major managing committees of the RAC. He left the company just before its gradual financial decline.

Contrary to popular belief, this was not the end of Colston’s involvement in slavery. As an MP in his 70s, Colston petitioned Parliament for the expansion of the ‘slave-trade’, and in Colston’s final years he became a commissioner and major investor in the slave-trading South Seas Company (SSC). It is estimated that he was involved in the SSC from roughly 1714-1720. During this time the SSC transported 15,931 Africans, with nearly 1 in 5 dying en route (around 2,980.)”

Still only a tiny fraction of the millions of slaves traded by the Arab slave traders . I see you have chosen to ignore that.

Glad to see the Bristol mayor say the new statue erected by a London artist will be removed.

He also said the people of Bristol will decide what goes on the plinth.
Sense at last.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:41 - Jul 15 with 1455 viewsCatullus

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:24 - Jul 15 by Ebo

You do realise that anarchists are neither left or right? They hate politics

I thought it was the notion of authority they hated? Politics is everywhere and all around, even if we didn't have governments.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:15 - Jul 15 with 1430 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:58 - Jul 15 by felixstowe_jack

I could equally claim any random person is a mass murder but Colston was not otherwise he would have been tried and hanged.

Killing black people wasn't considered murder in the 17th century. Not for the first time, you've missed the point entirely.

If there any statues of Arab slave traders in the UK feel free to go find them and pull them down.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:28 - Jul 15 with 1414 viewsJack123

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:15 - Jul 15 by Drizzy

Killing black people wasn't considered murder in the 17th century. Not for the first time, you've missed the point entirely.

If there any statues of Arab slave traders in the UK feel free to go find them and pull them down.

Rubbish! Stick to put up failed baiting threads, you know ferk all about, neither do I, but at least i don't try to start an argument about something which I know nothing about, which you clearly have starting this thread.. !!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 22:34]

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:48 - Jul 15 with 1390 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:28 - Jul 15 by Jack123

Rubbish! Stick to put up failed baiting threads, you know ferk all about, neither do I, but at least i don't try to start an argument about something which I know nothing about, which you clearly have starting this thread.. !!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 22:34]

Do you think that Jen Reid should be deported back to Africa now that she's committed a crime?

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:54 - Jul 15 with 1385 viewslondonlisa2001

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:16 - Jul 15 by felixstowe_jack

Still only a tiny fraction of the millions of slaves traded by the Arab slave traders . I see you have chosen to ignore that.

Glad to see the Bristol mayor say the new statue erected by a London artist will be removed.

He also said the people of Bristol will decide what goes on the plinth.
Sense at last.

There isn’t a statue celebrating them in Bristol.

I also said it would be removed. In my first post on this thread.
Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:55 - Jul 15 with 1382 viewsJack123

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:48 - Jul 15 by Drizzy

Do you think that Jen Reid should be deported back to Africa now that she's committed a crime?

Read my reply to lisa..

Edit. Have you found it yet? I'll give you a clue, it's only a few posts up..

You must have missed my response to your post as well, never mind, You miss a lot of things don't you?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 0:16]

libera nos a malo

Erected in Bristol this morning on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 1363 viewsDarran

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:00 - Jul 15 by Drizzy

Criminal nobody?

Has she got any criminal convictions then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Erected in Bristol this morning on 23:19 - Jul 15 with 1354 viewsLuther27

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:54 - Jul 15 by londonlisa2001

There isn’t a statue celebrating them in Bristol.

I also said it would be removed. In my first post on this thread.

I think it would be a very good idea to remove the plinth and leave an open space.
Erected in Bristol this morning on 23:32 - Jul 15 with 1339 viewsJack123

Erected in Bristol this morning on 23:09 - Jul 15 by Darran

Has she got any criminal convictions then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

She reminds me a bit about the black man carrying the white fella from the blm protests, even just the way she speaks and her accent...I wonder if it was all set up? hmm never mind..

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024