Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. 18:05 - Oct 5 with 25415 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs are in talks as we disclosed earlier, however there is a chance this could happen tonight. * Update* Fortunately for Swans fans their low rating and offer for Rodon stalled matters last night. We hear today Daniel Levy is prepared to sit it out for as long as possible forcing other clubs to place bids and test the water.

6th Oct 2020 Now the European squad submissions are all but done today, West Ham could enter in to a bidding war, and if Joe has to go then hopefully the price gets to the real figure we all believe he is worth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 12:36 - Oct 10 with 1935 viewsCatullus

In normal times having a cat 1 academy would be difficult for non EPL, having one we can afford is preferential but these aren't normal times. Clubs will go to the wall,academies will close.

I'm sure I said on a thread somewhere it was inevitable our cat 1 academy would close (I meant be downgraded really) because we couldn't afford it. Others argued we couldn't afford to downgrade.

Clubs are busy trying to survive the pandemic right now. I reckon there'll be quite a few clubs gone to the wall and maybe even some surprisingly large names will be in trouble. Specially next seasons EPL relegation sides.

f we were to be promoted this season the best thing we could do is stick mostly with the team and entirely transfer policy we have and not splash out. Who knows when fans will be allowed back in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 13:55 - Oct 10 with 1854 viewsMartinSwan

If we sell Joe and borrow him for the remainder of this season (unlikley probably only until January), that would mean that 6 players in the first team (4 loanees , Joe and Andre) would be leaving at the end of the year.

There will be no PL payment next year, and if we can't afford permanent signings now with a squad of only 22 players. Can someone please explain to me how we will be able to afford to replace them next year.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 14:04 - Oct 10 with 1842 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 13:55 - Oct 10 by MartinSwan

If we sell Joe and borrow him for the remainder of this season (unlikley probably only until January), that would mean that 6 players in the first team (4 loanees , Joe and Andre) would be leaving at the end of the year.

There will be no PL payment next year, and if we can't afford permanent signings now with a squad of only 22 players. Can someone please explain to me how we will be able to afford to replace them next year.

Well Ayew's on enough wages to pay for half a team of good freebies.

As with many teams in this division the hope and/or expectation is that youngsters that most fans don't consider real players (like Rodon a couple of seasons ago, wasn't even on the first team page on the official site, must be rubbish) step up and make that "squad of only 22" look silly in hindsight.

Big changes in the makeup of a squad every season are normal at this level, and don't tend to have much relation to actual performance.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 14:41 - Oct 10 with 1801 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 14:04 - Oct 10 by jasper_T

As with many teams in this division the hope and/or expectation is that youngsters that most fans don't consider real players (like Rodon a couple of seasons ago, wasn't even on the first team page on the official site, must be rubbish) step up and make that "squad of only 22" look silly in hindsight.

Big changes in the makeup of a squad every season are normal at this level, and don't tend to have much relation to actual performance.

Andre's wages will pay !/3 of the savings required next year, so nothing for new signings and an additional £9-£10m in savings required, so we can sell another first team player or two to make up the gap and then we will need replacements foe 7-8 first players.

Anyone who believes it will just be 'alright on the night' is deluded. If you think we can magic them out of thin air then you live in fantasy land.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 15:03 - Oct 10 with 1782 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 14:41 - Oct 10 by MartinSwan

Andre's wages will pay !/3 of the savings required next year, so nothing for new signings and an additional £9-£10m in savings required, so we can sell another first team player or two to make up the gap and then we will need replacements foe 7-8 first players.

Anyone who believes it will just be 'alright on the night' is deluded. If you think we can magic them out of thin air then you live in fantasy land.

We've heard that before. Nailed on for relegation under Potter, weren't we. Had to work miracles with a bunch of kids pulled off a local park.

Selling players to make ends meet is the reality for clubs at this level not living off ownership debt. Time to get used to it rather than moaning endlessly that the sky is falling.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 15:55 - Oct 10 with 1742 viewsBadlands

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 15:03 - Oct 10 by jasper_T

We've heard that before. Nailed on for relegation under Potter, weren't we. Had to work miracles with a bunch of kids pulled off a local park.

Selling players to make ends meet is the reality for clubs at this level not living off ownership debt. Time to get used to it rather than moaning endlessly that the sky is falling.

I remember when we were gaining promotions and getting to Wembley on no money we prayed ourselves to he hilt. We made fun of clubs that needed vast debts and owner handouts. We were better than other glory for money fans.
Seems some want us to bear of that group we set ourselves apart from.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 16:08 - Oct 10 with 1734 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 15:03 - Oct 10 by jasper_T

When you have lost the argument you keep changing it to a different one. You might have had us nailed on for relegation under Potter, I didnt and nor did most of the fans I know.

Which kids did he pull off a local park? Name one? He had a well resourced academy which he used efffectively.

We are a selling club, for once you have something right, but as we are we better make damn sure we are good at it instead of gifting players at low prices, to suit the demands of a bigger club.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Andre's salary will pay for untold numbers of new players next year missing the obvious fact that £15m will be disappearing from our income.

Get a grasp on reality and at least have the honest when you lose an argument to recognise it.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 16:21 - Oct 10 with 1723 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 16:08 - Oct 10 by MartinSwan

When you have lost the argument you keep changing it to a different one. You might have had us nailed on for relegation under Potter, I didnt and nor did most of the fans I know.

Which kids did he pull off a local park? Name one? He had a well resourced academy which he used efffectively.

We are a selling club, for once you have something right, but as we are we better make damn sure we are good at it instead of gifting players at low prices, to suit the demands of a bigger club.

Andre's salary will pay for untold numbers of new players next year missing the obvious fact that £15m will be disappearing from our income.

Get a grasp on reality and at least have the honest when you lose an argument to recognise it.

What was your old username? This routine sounds very familiar.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:23 - Oct 10 with 1668 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 16:21 - Oct 10 by jasper_T

What was your old username? This routine sounds very familiar.

Jasper_T
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:28 - Oct 10 with 1661 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 16:08 - Oct 10 by MartinSwan

"You clearly have no idea what you are talking about".

Jasper is one of the most knowledgeable and well informed posters on this site.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 19:06 - Oct 10 with 1585 viewspencoedjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 14:04 - Oct 10 by jasper_T

Wow do you really believe that?
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 19:40 - Oct 10 with 1543 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 19:06 - Oct 10 by pencoedjack

Wow do you really believe that?

Haven't done the maths myself but the guy who does those squad churn graphics every year says there's no real pattern to which teams do well the following season. Neither chaos nor stability is inherently better or worse.

I'm not a fan of building a side around loan players but we have natural replacements for most of them already (Woodman>Benda, Guehi>Cooper, Gyokeres>Cullen). If the academy is to be successful we can't have a large squad of players clogging up the pathway ahead of our youngsters, and we can't be terrified every year of seeing them given responsibility within the squad. There's a few in that second year scholar/first year pro group could be knocking on the door a year down the line.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 19:44 - Oct 10 with 1539 viewsDr_Winston

There were many, many people predicting that we'd drop straight through the Championship in our first season back. There were plenty expecting us to do it last season too.

Pessimism is the natural state for a lot of people, quite often to the exclusion of logic and common sense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 21:05 - Oct 10 with 1460 viewsFlashberryjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 19:44 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

There were many, many people predicting that we'd drop straight through the Championship in our first season back. There were plenty expecting us to do it last season too.

Pessimism is the natural state for a lot of people, quite often to the exclusion of logic and common sense.

Have to admit that I was one of the pessimists that expected us to crash down the leagues, thankfully we've done far, far better than I thought we would.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 10:20 - Oct 11 with 1239 viewsFireboy2

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1346287/Tottenham-transfer-news-Joe-Rod

Nice one coops, you stick to your guns.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 10:22]
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 10:28 - Oct 11 with 1216 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 10:20 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1346287/Tottenham-transfer-news-Joe-Rod

Nice one coops, you stick to your guns.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 10:22]

So £13M plus Vickers?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 11:23 - Oct 11 with 1150 viewsmagicdaps10

Leicester interested in him from some reports, willing to throw in Filip Benkovic.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 12:26 - Oct 11 with 1094 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 11:23 - Oct 11 by magicdaps10

Leicester interested in him from some reports, willing to throw in Filip Benkovic.

Smart move by coops to make it conditional. Leicester and Sheffield Utd interested, which helps.

Isn’t benkovic at Bristol City?
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 12:51 - Oct 11 with 1066 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 12:26 - Oct 11 by MartinSwan

Smart move by coops to make it conditional. Leicester and Sheffield Utd interested, which helps.

Isn’t benkovic at Bristol City?

Just checked, there last season.

Read another article that the club won't sell Rodon until they have 2 centre halves first..... Learned from their previous dozen mistakes in selling first and then buy later 😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:12 - Oct 11 with 908 viewsKerouac

Leicester preparing a bid of £20m plus Sheff Utd and West Ham interest sets the price as far as I'm concerned.
We should be telling Spurs, £20m + Carter-Vickers or stop wasting our time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:15 - Oct 11 with 898 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:12 - Oct 11 by Kerouac

Leicester preparing a bid of £20m plus Sheff Utd and West Ham interest sets the price as far as I'm concerned.
We should be telling Spurs, £20m + Carter-Vickers or stop wasting our time.

Do we want Carter Vickers?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:23 - Oct 11 with 869 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:15 - Oct 11 by Whiterockin

Do we want Carter Vickers?

Nah, not if they value him at more than £1m and he wants his current wage matching.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:29 - Oct 11 with 860 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:23 - Oct 11 by jasper_T

Nah, not if they value him at more than £1m and he wants his current wage matching.

Exactly, if they want rid doesn't mean he has to be part of the deal if Cooper doesn't want him.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:45 - Oct 11 with 836 viewsonehunglow

To me,Rodon would be an easy sell. 20m starting point plus add ons.

7 m was a peetake and 13m not much better.

I would love to negotiate this deal.

I still could if anyone at the club wants to contact me. Reasonable fee too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:49 - Oct 11 with 819 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. on 17:45 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

To me,Rodon would be an easy sell. 20m starting point plus add ons.

7 m was a peetake and 13m not much better.

I would love to negotiate this deal.

I still could if anyone at the club wants to contact me. Reasonable fee too

Do you have much experience of multi million pound deals between players, agents and egotistical chairmen.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024