Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. 18:05 - Oct 5 with 25188 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs are in talks as we disclosed earlier, however there is a chance this could happen tonight. * Update* Fortunately for Swans fans their low rating and offer for Rodon stalled matters last night. We hear today Daniel Levy is prepared to sit it out for as long as possible forcing other clubs to place bids and test the water.

6th Oct 2020 Now the European squad submissions are all but done today, West Ham could enter in to a bidding war, and if Joe has to go then hopefully the price gets to the real figure we all believe he is worth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:55 - Oct 6 with 2574 viewsswancity

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:46 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

They're different players and Joe has the complete skillset for a top level modern centre half. Ben will always lack a couple of qualities.

There has been interest in Ben, though. Surprised a few people.

Yes Rodon and Cabango are completely different but Rodon is far from the complete centre back

He’s got a long way to go yet despite showing potential whilst Cabango has also shown maturity beyond his years. Different styles but both very good at this level.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 14:05 - Oct 6 with 2569 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 12:36 - Oct 6 by swancity

Just about all of that is either inaccurate or guesswork

Take our own Ben Davies as an example

And nothing is guaranteed in football. A lot can happen quickly. Injury, loss of form etc. And he’s still raw and inexperienced.

We don’t want to lose him but our financial plight says otherwise and £20m would be good business undoubtedly

I base my comments on research and some hard thinking about what is actually likely to happen based on evidence of their history.

I'm happy that everyone has their own opinions but I try and avoid my own prejudices when commenting on important issues such as this one. Perhaps if I highlight my thinking it will make more sense.

First of all the likelihood of Joe ending up in the u23s is based on the comments of someone who knows the club very well and has specifically said that would happen. It was Harry Redknapp, who has a lot of connections still with Spurs and knowledge of how the club operates.

Secondly what young defenders have Spurs developed recently into playing and having a significant career with Spurs.

Well there was Sol Campbell (CB) and Steven Carr (RB) during 1992 and 1993. Ledley King (CB) in 1999. That's about it. Nothing since then so nothing in the last 20 years.

There are a few defenders who made a small number of appearances for the first team but then quite quickly left

These include Stephen Kelly (RB) 35ish appearances before moving to Brum in 2006, Luke Young (CB) 58 appearances before moving on to Charlton in 2001, and of course Steve Caulker (CB) 18 appearances before moving on the Cardiff in 2013.

Not exactly awe inspiring.

So my assessment is a young talented CB will develop best with lots of competitive matches in a proper league with a coach who is keen to develop him.

I dont believe that is what he will get at Spurs and more important people who know Spurs believe he won't get regular first team action (if indeed any at all to start with), at the alsolute best he will be backup on the bench.

Now there can be the view that Spurs want to spend all this money circa £7m as they intend to slot him into the first team straight away. However the CB there were after for that purpose was going to cost around £45m.

If Pochettino was still there, then Joe might have a better opportunity but not with Mourinho.

The only media who think this is a good deal are London press, who believe Spurs are doing us a favour by buying one of our players and enjoying the fact they are shortchanging us.

My opinion but based on facts, not guesswork.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 14:19 - Oct 6 with 2549 viewsjasper_T

Basing your opinion on the rubbish Redknapp spouts isn't "facts".
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 14:29 - Oct 6 with 2533 viewsCatullus

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 12:48 - Oct 6 by Badlands

Since seeing him with the academy I have always been convinced Cabango will be a future captain of Wales. More Williams than Monk and not afraid of doing the hard marking on dangerous players.
Joe never struck me as a leader! Both are outstanding players

I think they complement each other, both strong in the air, Joe is the better footballer but Cabango is the stopper, he's stronger, more robust (for me anyway) We have another solid stopper in Guehi which makes Joe the icing on the cake. I don't think there's a better central defensive unit in our division this season.

Cabango will improve, people can doubt it but in two years he may even be better than Joe. Who's to know?

I agree on the point about Spurs, if Joe goes there he won't be first team for a while (unless they are forced to) so he may go backwards.

It's similar to how I saw Dan James's move, he went to the wrong club from a football perspective, he's loaded now of course but his career may have stalled. It was a good deal for us but he'd have been better off at Leeds. Not that I wanted them to have him! I think Joe may have the same issues, can't break into the first eleven, ends up on loan, becomes unhappy and either moves on or ends up in the reserves. In DJ's case we'll have to wait and see on that.

PS, yes I know DJ went straight into the first team but he's slipped down the pecking order.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 14:31]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:33 - Oct 6 with 2523 viewsKeithHaynes

Interesting tweet from Gabbidon.

That wants to be 18 Million +18 million in add ons for Rodon! 😕

– Daniel Gabbidon (@Gabbidon35) October 5, 2020

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:36 - Oct 6 with 2521 viewsMartinSwan

Not just Harry, but I believe he knows more about Spurs than both you and I put together.

take a look at this Sky video from their Future Stars programme.

It covers most of the issues including why Joe shouldnt go anywhere just to sit on the bench.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/12091098/joe-rodon-set-for-transfe
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:40 - Oct 6 with 2505 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:36 - Oct 6 by MartinSwan

Not just Harry, but I believe he knows more about Spurs than both you and I put together.

take a look at this Sky video from their Future Stars programme.

It covers most of the issues including why Joe shouldnt go anywhere just to sit on the bench.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/12091098/joe-rodon-set-for-transfe

Which is exactly what he would be doing at Spurs, and no chance of European game either with second choice side.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:53 - Oct 6 with 2478 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:40 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

Which is exactly what he would be doing at Spurs, and no chance of European game either with second choice side.

I agree I honestly believe it would be better for Joe and us for this transfer to happen in a year's time to a PL club where Joe knows he will be first choice for the first team.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:07 - Oct 6 with 2441 viewshobo

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:33 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

Interesting tweet from Gabbidon.

That wants to be 18 Million +18 million in add ons for Rodon! 😕

– Daniel Gabbidon (@Gabbidon35) October 5, 2020

That sentence doesn't make much sense, but if he means it's a deal worth up to £36m then that wouldn't be the worst fee, and Joe would be on his way

Well, it was written by Gabbidon, but yes he means Joe is worth 18 million plus 18 million in add ons.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:21 - Oct 6 with 2392 viewsswancity

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 14:53 - Oct 6 by MartinSwan

I agree I honestly believe it would be better for Joe and us for this transfer to happen in a year's time to a PL club where Joe knows he will be first choice for the first team.

Again that’s pure speculation and guesswork

There are no certainties either way

He’ll be in direct competition with at least 3 or 4 other centre backs either now or when / if he leaves ...

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:30 - Oct 6 with 2379 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:21 - Oct 6 by swancity

Again that’s pure speculation and guesswork

There are no certainties either way

He’ll be in direct competition with at least 3 or 4 other centre backs either now or when / if he leaves ...

I believe your comment is pure speculation and guesswork
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:40 - Oct 6 with 2352 viewsswancity

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:30 - Oct 6 by MartinSwan

You keep making what you deem to be Statement Of Facts when all you’re really doing is using a crystal ball to predict someone’s future

No one knows how things will pan out. He might well go straight into a first team, he might struggle, he might never make it at the top level.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:53 - Oct 6 with 2318 viewsBadlands

Joe's immediate future may well be settled on Thursday evening.
If he plays and does well it will twist the arm of managers who don't know him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 16:01 - Oct 6 with 2305 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:40 - Oct 6 by swancity

You keep making what you deem to be Statement Of Facts when all you’re really doing is using a crystal ball to predict someone’s future

No one knows how things will pan out. He might well go straight into a first team, he might struggle, he might never make it at the top level.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 16:34 - Oct 6 with 2235 viewsCatullus

Now now boys...it's all speculation ans guesswork when we're talking about what MIGHT or COULD happen. It's jusy our opinions!

I think Joe is better off here for another season but if he did go to the EPL he'd be better off at Brighton than Spurs, in my opinion.

PS, Brighton is just an example I used, not a prediction.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 16:42 - Oct 6 with 2211 viewsTreforys_Jack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:41 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

Yeah Joe's hollow bones are always going to be vulnerable to breaks.

You don't agree he seems a little injury prone?
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 16:53 - Oct 6 with 2192 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 16:42 - Oct 6 by Treforys_Jack

You don't agree he seems a little injury prone?

I do agree he "seems" injury prone given his recent record of time out. But they're contact injuries, it's not like he's pulling muscles every other month like a few players we have/had.

Now some player do pick up an alarming number of contact injuries (Jack Wilshere the classic example) but it's not necessarily indicative of anything other than bad luck. And possibly mismanagement due to not getting proper time to recover from minor knocks.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 17:04 - Oct 6 with 2171 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 17:29 - Oct 6 with 2114 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 17:04 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

Well said Connor
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 17:30]
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 17:32 - Oct 6 with 2108 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 16:34 - Oct 6 by Catullus

Now now boys...it's all speculation ans guesswork when we're talking about what MIGHT or COULD happen. It's jusy our opinions!

I think Joe is better off here for another season but if he did go to the EPL he'd be better off at Brighton than Spurs, in my opinion.

PS, Brighton is just an example I used, not a prediction.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 19:08 - Oct 6 with 1946 viewswestwalesed

Utterly depressing but not at all surprising given the financial situation. We'd be mad to say no below a certain price, which I would say should be around £18 Milliion. What chance of a loan back for a season?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 19:17 - Oct 6 with 1923 viewshobo

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 15:07 - Oct 6 by hobo

That sentence doesn't make much sense, but if he means it's a deal worth up to £36m then that wouldn't be the worst fee, and Joe would be on his way

Well, it was written by Gabbidon, but yes he means Joe is worth 18 million plus 18 million in add ons.

Aha gotcha, thought he had inside info. Cheers for the edit

Yeah Gabbs is spot on there
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 19:38 - Oct 6 with 1881 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 19:17 - Oct 6 by hobo

Aha gotcha, thought he had inside info. Cheers for the edit

Yeah Gabbs is spot on there

That was my fault mate, sorry for editing it, it should have been a reply. I’m still learning.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 19:40 - Oct 6 with 1876 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 17:29 - Oct 6 by blaenaugwentjack

Well said Connor
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 17:30]

You have to love Connor's sense of humour and genuine nature.

Good on you YJB
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 11:23 - Oct 7 with 1424 viewspencoedjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update*West Ham prepared to step in on 19:08 - Oct 6 by westwalesed

Utterly depressing but not at all surprising given the financial situation. We'd be mad to say no below a certain price, which I would say should be around £18 Milliion. What chance of a loan back for a season?

Probably more likely if he went to Spurs rather than West Ham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024