Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. 18:05 - Oct 5 with 25185 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs are in talks as we disclosed earlier, however there is a chance this could happen tonight. * Update* Fortunately for Swans fans their low rating and offer for Rodon stalled matters last night. We hear today Daniel Levy is prepared to sit it out for as long as possible forcing other clubs to place bids and test the water.

6th Oct 2020 Now the European squad submissions are all but done today, West Ham could enter in to a bidding war, and if Joe has to go then hopefully the price gets to the real figure we all believe he is worth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:29 - Oct 5 with 1733 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:28 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

Journalists covering spurs saying again they won’t pay more than £7m, surely we can’t be that skint?

What worries me is Birch knows more than most...

7 million wont happen mate.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:32 - Oct 5 with 1715 viewspencoedjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:22 - Oct 5 by tylagarwjack

CCV coming as part of the deal would make sense for all parties (assuming he’d agree to the move) but given Levy’s history I dread to think what valuation Levy would try to place on him (last year of contract or not) to try and reduce the amount of cash they had to pay us for Joe.

In terms of maximising the value received for Joe it might be cleaner to not get CCV as a replacement, either as part of the deal or as a separate deal, but then again if we did sell for say £18m then any selling club that we went to would probably put the price up, knowing we had received that money, but probably by not as much as Levy would 😉

I wouldn’t want CCV just make sense for Spurs especially with Levy pulling the strings.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:35 - Oct 5 with 1687 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:27 - Oct 5 by hobo

What would CCV be worth? Not wanted by Spurs in the last year of his contract - £2m?

Anything less than £25m in this market will show Julian Winter is a poor negotiator and a definite no to any player coming the other way especially CCV.

Also it’s unlikely much money will be made available for any purchases either.

We have the market already made: £25m rising to £30m for Godfrey, otherwise where are Spurs going to go to get a CB.

Play hardball Joe will be worth more next year anyway and there will be more money around post Covid.

At below £25m it would be a deal done by an idiot.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:38 - Oct 5 with 1661 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:35 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

Anything less than £25m in this market will show Julian Winter is a poor negotiator and a definite no to any player coming the other way especially CCV.

Also it’s unlikely much money will be made available for any purchases either.

We have the market already made: £25m rising to £30m for Godfrey, otherwise where are Spurs going to go to get a CB.

Play hardball Joe will be worth more next year anyway and there will be more money around post Covid.

At below £25m it would be a deal done by an idiot.

Tell them to go away and we could have a 45 million centre back in a premier league Swansea City.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:46 - Oct 5 with 1607 viewsswancity

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:38 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Tell them to go away and we could have a 45 million centre back in a premier league Swansea City.

I’d disagree with that especially your first sentence

Rodon is almost 23 but has barely played 60 league career games plus a couple of Wales caps. He’s shown a lot of promise but is very inexperienced and has struggled with injury ( worryingly )

Our club are desperate for money. Around £20m will be good business in these unprecedented times with its knock on effect on player values

And as I’ve said we can’t blame Winter or Birch. Look further. Our current predicament is the work of our owners and previous owners.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:47 - Oct 5 with 1599 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:16 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

There's Vickers in the mix which has been mentioned, and this is initial discussions, however yes of course its nonsense, but Levi nonsense.
Bartering is what he does. Ask Huw.

Swansea did get Gylfi for Ben and a million or two. Even now Ben is not worth £40m although he seems to be playing very well. That will be hurting Levi. What happened to Booth hyphen something. (England u17) That might come back on track as a permanent.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:48 - Oct 5 with 1592 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:46 - Oct 5 by swancity

Rodon is almost 23 but has barely played 60 league career games plus a couple of Wales caps. He’s shown a lot of promise but is very inexperienced and has struggled with injury ( worryingly )

Our club are desperate for money. Around £20m will be good business in these unprecedented times with its knock on effect on player values

And as I’ve said we can’t blame Winter or Birch. Look further. Our current predicament is the work of our owners and previous owners.

Bit of tongue in cheek, yes of course we are where we are. We all know that.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:50 - Oct 5 with 1577 viewsKeithHaynes

News in is the deal has stalled due to low offer for Rodon.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:52 - Oct 5 with 1566 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:50 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

News in is the deal has stalled due to low offer for Rodon.

Hope so but I reckon his heads been turned now.

Spurs, Birch and Levy know what they are doing.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:53 - Oct 5 with 1556 viewshobo

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:52 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

Nothing to do with Joe. If no one's willing to make a proper offer then he stays
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:55 - Oct 5 with 1535 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:53 - Oct 5 by hobo

Nothing to do with Joe. If no one's willing to make a proper offer then he stays

It doesn’t work like that anymore though does it?

They may need to up bid a few mill but as soon as he says he wants out it’s over. If this £7m bid is correct it’s a brutal move by Birch the tw*t.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:56 - Oct 5 with 1526 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:52 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

I reckon he's not given it a second thought. Big international matches to prepare for. Loves Swansea and knows that more big offers will be there in the future. Spurs isn't a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:56 - Oct 5 with 1525 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:55 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

They may need to up bid a few mill but as soon as he says he wants out it’s over. If this £7m bid is correct it’s a brutal move by Birch the tw*t.

It's the spurs way, everything on the cheap.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:58 - Oct 5 with 1514 viewshobo

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. STALLED on 20:55 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

The only time Joe gets a say is when we accept an offer. Spurs are c.£20m away from a deal so it's not even worth discussing
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 21:02 - Oct 5 with 1483 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 20:46 - Oct 5 by swancity

Swansea's current prediment is not predicament at all. It is the reality of being in the championship. It is no real problem if you have a good academy and prepared to wheel and deal. Swansea should be prepared to let anyone go for £20m if you can pick up frees like Bidwell and good signings like Lowe cheaply. Scott has his lists and can go shopping.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:04 - Oct 5 with 1463 viewsMartinSwan

Market already made at £25m rising to £30m. £20m is way below par for Joe. We don’t have to sell, he will be worth more in January and more again in the Summer.

Set the price £25m plus add ons or the answer is no. It’s not difficult never undervalue your assets or your position. Spurs can go and buy another CB if they want. Oh wait they can’t can they are the window ends tonight to play in Europe and Joe is the CB outside ( and already better than some in ) the PL.

Let them find a better CB in the next 10 days until the window closes. No chance
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 21:05 - Oct 5 with 1444 viewsBillyChong

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : UPDATE : 7 million initial offer. on 21:02 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea's current prediment is not predicament at all. It is the reality of being in the championship. It is no real problem if you have a good academy and prepared to wheel and deal. Swansea should be prepared to let anyone go for £20m if you can pick up frees like Bidwell and good signings like Lowe cheaply. Scott has his lists and can go shopping.

The academy that the owners have not long downgraded?
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 1423 viewsNotLoyal

Cracking thread tonight. Proper deadline day atmosphere, Harry on sky sports. Brilliant.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:18 - Oct 5 with 1349 viewsThornburyswan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:04 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

Market already made at £25m rising to £30m. £20m is way below par for Joe. We don’t have to sell, he will be worth more in January and more again in the Summer.

Set the price £25m plus add ons or the answer is no. It’s not difficult never undervalue your assets or your position. Spurs can go and buy another CB if they want. Oh wait they can’t can they are the window ends tonight to play in Europe and Joe is the CB outside ( and already better than some in ) the PL.

Let them find a better CB in the next 10 days until the window closes. No chance

Loving your positivity but for me Godfrey, right now, is ahead of Rodon - he’s played a full season at Premiership level - not a huge advantage but certainly a few £M.

Anything close to £20M & he’s history I’m afraid.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:22 - Oct 5 with 1316 viewsCatullus

We can't blame Birch for doing his job to the best. Could we sell Joe but have him on loan with a recall clause?

Be a real shame to see him go because we have a good back three now but the state of footballs finances right now means anything is possible. Cabango's star is on the rise too, we may need to worry about him too. Assuming Winter is as bad as some people think.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate on 21:25 - Oct 5 with 1297 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate on 18:22 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

Birch knows we are desperate.

Cheers for the free pints Trev.

This ............ ☝️

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:32 - Oct 5 with 1248 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:18 - Oct 5 by Thornburyswan

Loving your positivity but for me Godfrey, right now, is ahead of Rodon - he’s played a full season at Premiership level - not a huge advantage but certainly a few £M.

Anything close to £20M & he’s history I’m afraid.

I try to be cold & calculated about these things. I've seen both players live, and looked at the stats. Joe is a better player and pros recognise that. Joe is a full international and Godfrey has time in the PL.

Joe matches Godfrey's stats except when it comes to headers won, where Joe wipes the floor with Godfrey.

Take a look at this skysports piece, which uses comments recently said about Joe.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/12091098/joe-rodon-set-for-transfe
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:41 - Oct 5 with 1183 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:32 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

I try to be cold & calculated about these things. I've seen both players live, and looked at the stats. Joe is a better player and pros recognise that. Joe is a full international and Godfrey has time in the PL.

Joe matches Godfrey's stats except when it comes to headers won, where Joe wipes the floor with Godfrey.

Take a look at this skysports piece, which uses comments recently said about Joe.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/12091098/joe-rodon-set-for-transfe

Joe better than Godfrey.

You can say Godfrey had a year in the premier league, Norwich conceded 11 more goals an anyone else, they were a shambles. Rodon got everything needed for a centre half at the top level imo.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:45 - Oct 5 with 1141 viewsThornburyswan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:32 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

Personally I agree with you & rate Rodon higher but if I was negotiating to buy then a combination of Premier level experience, Our owners willingness to sell & Levy’s dealing style would all suggest a lower price for Rodon - my real concern here is Spurs deliberately take their time & offer £10M tomorrow & we cave.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:46 - Oct 5 with 1141 viewsKerouac

£20m + Cameron Carter-Vickers minimum.

If we let this boy go for less than £20m I will not be handing anymore of my money to the people who run this club.

Other clubs have been taking the p*ss out of us in the transfer market for a while now.
Go and find another young HG centre-back as good as Joe for less than £20m.
A lot of clubs would be getting £30m+ for a player like Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024