Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
patrick vieira to palace 12:09 - Jun 29 with 9078 viewsKeithHaynes

Very shortly.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

patrick vieira to palace on 20:16 - Jun 29 with 720 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 20:06 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

No ,Champ.

Take a look in the mirror. Remember who you are dealing with and what is posted ;what YOU have posted.
Personal is what you do and why you have popped up on here.

Make no mistake,I have a very very long memory.

Safe journey back

Utter, utter nonsense. I was posting on topic and you’ve come out with some kind of vendetta. I don’t what you’ve think I’ve said but it’s a case of you believing it because you want to believe it.

I know which way this goes - if you haven’t noticed I haven’t posted on here for months, and you’d be pushed to back up any claims re our ‘sister site’ which you’ve mentioned above, yet it’s taken you, yes you, three or four posts to try to start something, not me. You’ll carry on peddling it regardless and get your fair share of support no doubt.

Shame we couldn’t just stick with the football.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

patrick vieira to palace on 20:17 - Jun 29 with 711 viewsonehunglow

So has Veira gone

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

patrick vieira to palace on 20:20 - Jun 29 with 707 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 20:10 - Jun 29 by Groo

Historically Fulham have played at a higher level more often. Much higher up the ratings. Brighton are closer to us.

TEAM RATING
29 Fulham 4282
47 Swansea City 2874
51 Brighton 2734

Depends what the metric is. Brighton has more boots on the ground, Fulham may have spent more time at a higher level. Average it out and they’re not that different but for a personal point of view, having been to both clubs numerous times, Brighton is bigger to me.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

patrick vieira to palace on 21:23 - Jun 29 with 650 viewsAndyCole

patrick vieira to palace on 12:55 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Fulham aren't a big club ,per se. They have money as they have owners who give a shyte.

I literally have just taken a bottle of Bollinger out of the fridge.

Do I put it back on.

If you lived here ,you could pop around and share the bottle with me .

It's great here. Off for a swim this afternoon.Ok it,aint Fall Bay but it's wet and salty.-so to speak

Fulham is huge. And play proper football like the Swans. A good fit.

BUT: Ow mwsh - don't be lowering ewer standards of visitor for the new Towers, mun. You can't be havin grown ups that still type/say 'Should OF' out loud, in public. Certainly not grammar school educated.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

patrick vieira to palace on 21:27 - Jun 29 with 648 viewsonehunglow

patrick vieira to palace on 21:23 - Jun 29 by AndyCole

Fulham is huge. And play proper football like the Swans. A good fit.

BUT: Ow mwsh - don't be lowering ewer standards of visitor for the new Towers, mun. You can't be havin grown ups that still type/say 'Should OF' out loud, in public. Certainly not grammar school educated.

I do try to be common but often fail. It's why Ive never fitted in AC

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

patrick vieira to palace on 22:04 - Jun 29 with 636 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:13 - Jun 29 by Groo

Rating based on historic League positions they are 29th overall and 13th in the Championship. Bigger than us in any case. Only Peterborough has a lower historic rating to us.

TEAM RATING
10 West Bromwich Albion 5771
11 Blackburn Rovers 5620
14 Derby County 5272
16 Nottingham Forest 5224
18 Stoke City 5207
19 Sheffield United 5200
20 Middlesbrough 5193
25 Birmingham City 4874
27 Preston North End 4442
28 Coventry City 4417
29 Fulham 4282
32 Huddersfield Town 4026
33 Blackpool 4001
34 Norwich City 3981
35 Queens Park Rangers 3973
37 Cardiff City 3420
39 Bristol City 3385
40 Barnsley 3324
41 Hull City 3312
44 Millwall 3087
45 Luton Town 3029
46 Reading 2880
47 Swansea City 2874
70 Peterborough United 1593

Simple calc for rating based on final position and division.

That’s total points amassed, it’s not a calculation of club size.

Fulham would be the 5th or 6th biggest club in the Championship without question and also bigger than some Premier League teams.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

patrick vieira to palace on 22:05 - Jun 29 with 635 viewsDr_Parnassus

(Forgot to quote. This was to Whiterockin who predictably framed it underhanded and asked if they are saying he’s not worth the money)

I don’t know what they are saying.

3.5m is crazy money for a manager in the championship. I would imagine they are saying they will pay us millions, but not that many millions.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 23:08]

patrick vieira to palace on 22:08 - Jun 29 with 633 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 18:15 - Jun 29 by ItchySphincter

Fulham are bigger than Brighton? You got that wrong, pound for pound Brighton is a bigger club. Fulham is a small to middling club, just like Watford, QPR, Ipswich, Swans, etc.

Nope Fulham are bigger than Brighton by quite some distance.

Attendance, history, achievements, placement in the overall football league.

Fulham are bigger than Brighton. Brighton have spent most of their life in the bottom 2 divisions, sometimes with 2000 watching them.

This charade is amusing though.

Login to get fewer ads

patrick vieira to palace on 22:11 - Jun 29 with 621 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 20:10 - Jun 29 by Groo

Historically Fulham have played at a higher level more often. Much higher up the ratings. Brighton are closer to us.

TEAM RATING
29 Fulham 4282
47 Swansea City 2874
51 Brighton 2734

It isn’t even close, that’s just one aspect.

We can then do one on attendance, seasons in the top flight, European seasons. Fulham are miles ahead.

I can’t think of one single criteria that makes Brighton a bigger club then Fulham except their current league position which is absolutely nothing to go on as it would mean Brentford are a bigger club than Forest or Sheff Utd for example.

I have a sneaking suspicion the usual crew of course know Fulham are far bigger than the likes of Brighton but are just on a bit of a silly Rampage at the moment.

The interest in Cooper has got them all flustered bless em.

patrick vieira to palace on 22:13 - Jun 29 with 615 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 20:17 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

So has Veira gone

He’s going to be remembered as the manager nobody wanted isn’t he?

And the man with no self respect....

Oh no, that would only apply if Cooper got it.

patrick vieira to palace on 22:25 - Jun 29 with 595 viewsGroo

patrick vieira to palace on 22:04 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s total points amassed, it’s not a calculation of club size.

Fulham would be the 5th or 6th biggest club in the Championship without question and also bigger than some Premier League teams.

Its not total points massed, its a point for position.

For instance, whoever is first in the Premier League this year will get 92 points, the team bottom of League 2 will get 1 point. The points for first over the years varied in the early years.

very simplistic but gives an overall idea of how successful a team has been in the Professional leagues since the 1880's.

Groo does what Groo does best

patrick vieira to palace on 22:35 - Jun 29 with 579 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 22:25 - Jun 29 by Groo

Its not total points massed, its a point for position.

For instance, whoever is first in the Premier League this year will get 92 points, the team bottom of League 2 will get 1 point. The points for first over the years varied in the early years.

very simplistic but gives an overall idea of how successful a team has been in the Professional leagues since the 1880's.

Yes, you are right. But that’s what I mean. It’s based on your total amassed points (which of course as you say is converted from individual league position for that year) as opposed to anything within the club itself such as fan base, seasons in the top flight, European seasons etc.

It will show an average of your clubs standing in terms of league position. Fulham is obviously way and above Swansea and Brighton on that.

Then you have to move on to other factors such as average attendance (Fulham higher than both again), number of seasons in the top flight (Fulham higher again) and number of European seasons achieved through the English system (Fulham higher again).

I think that would cover most bases regarding club size.

patrick vieira to palace on 22:46 - Jun 29 with 570 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sounds like you agree anyway Groo, but this is what I had to show Risca when he was trying to claim Brighton were bigger than Fulham. (Mind you this was days after claiming Fulham were not bigger than us until I showed him otherwise).

Fulham.
Years in top flight: 27
Average lifetime finish: 30
Average lifetime attendance: 16,084

Palace.
Years in top flight: 21
Average lifetime finish: 32
Average lifetime attendance: 16,282

Brighton.
Years in top flight: 8
Average lifetime position: 39
Average lifetime attendance: 12,315

Bournemouth.
Years in top flight: 5
Average lifetime position: 63
Average lifetime attendance: 7,300

Fulham and Palace would be fairly close. But Fulham for me as attendance and average league position are almost identical but have been more of an ever present at the top table.

patrick vieira to palace on 22:56 - Jun 29 with 556 viewsAndyCole

patrick vieira to palace on 22:08 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope Fulham are bigger than Brighton by quite some distance.

Attendance, history, achievements, placement in the overall football league.

Fulham are bigger than Brighton. Brighton have spent most of their life in the bottom 2 divisions, sometimes with 2000 watching them.

This charade is amusing though.

Not only is Fulham far bigger than Brighton, but they are famous for playing a similar brand of progressive possession based canny football to the Swans.

No wonder Cooper is being courted by a team like Fulham, whilst Brighton settled for Potter-ball's all a bit meh brand, which bored the pants off even the hard core East-North-East.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

patrick vieira to palace on 23:04 - Jun 29 with 556 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 22:56 - Jun 29 by AndyCole

Not only is Fulham far bigger than Brighton, but they are famous for playing a similar brand of progressive possession based canny football to the Swans.

No wonder Cooper is being courted by a team like Fulham, whilst Brighton settled for Potter-ball's all a bit meh brand, which bored the pants off even the hard core East-North-East.

I have made the statement that Fulham will be higher than Brighton within a 3/4 year contract length of time.

Couldn’t get any takers for a bet from the usual mob though. Funny that.

patrick vieira to palace on 23:12 - Jun 29 with 550 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:04 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

I have made the statement that Fulham will be higher than Brighton within a 3/4 year contract length of time.

Couldn’t get any takers for a bet from the usual mob though. Funny that.

I’ll have a bet with you regarding both managers. No problem at all. The clubs don’t really interest. Anyone with half a brain cell knows Potter received the better offers, it’s quite clear and unfortunately another to add on to your list.

See where both managers are in 3 years?
patrick vieira to palace on 23:16 - Jun 29 with 534 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 23:12 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

I’ll have a bet with you regarding both managers. No problem at all. The clubs don’t really interest. Anyone with half a brain cell knows Potter received the better offers, it’s quite clear and unfortunately another to add on to your list.

See where both managers are in 3 years?

So you aren’t really keen on your claims regarding the clubs then? That was just to continue to be silly regarding your Potter love in?

If Brighton is a better offer than Fulham, then Brighton will be in a better position than Fulham over the length of a 3/4 year contract won’t they?

Sorry lad, you don’t pick and choose. Back your claims or don’t back them, that simple.

You are choosing not to. Predictably.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 23:18]

patrick vieira to palace on 23:27 - Jun 29 with 522 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:16 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

So you aren’t really keen on your claims regarding the clubs then? That was just to continue to be silly regarding your Potter love in?

If Brighton is a better offer than Fulham, then Brighton will be in a better position than Fulham over the length of a 3/4 year contract won’t they?

Sorry lad, you don’t pick and choose. Back your claims or don’t back them, that simple.

You are choosing not to. Predictably.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 23:18]

If I was a manager now, and I got offered a role at Forest, or Brighton, the better option financially and for my career would be Brighton. Premier league club with all the trimmings. It’s quite clear. Fulham have just lost their manager to a smaller club in the Championship. The offers aren’t even close. The salary both managers will be on aren’t even close.

Where will both managers be in three years time. I’ll take that bet any day of the week. Name your price. I’m in.
patrick vieira to palace on 23:33 - Jun 29 with 511 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 23:27 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

If I was a manager now, and I got offered a role at Forest, or Brighton, the better option financially and for my career would be Brighton. Premier league club with all the trimmings. It’s quite clear. Fulham have just lost their manager to a smaller club in the Championship. The offers aren’t even close. The salary both managers will be on aren’t even close.

Where will both managers be in three years time. I’ll take that bet any day of the week. Name your price. I’m in.

That’s because Forest haven’t been in the premier league for decades and have no immediate expectations of a return within what would be a 3/4 year contract length.

If you were offered Brighton now or Fulham now, I would most certainly be choosing Fulham because it’s more likely they will be in a better position than Brighton over that 3/4 year contract length also meaning I will have a promotion on my CV as opposed to a relegation.

You are welcome to place that bet.

As for where both managers will be, who knows, depends what job he does or doesn’t take. Far too many variables. He may stay with us in which case I’m sure Brighton will be above Swansea within 3/4 years, we have very little immediate return prospects. But that was never the discussion.

The discussion was Brighton vs Fulham.

Sh*t or get off the pot champ.

patrick vieira to palace on 23:38 - Jun 29 with 503 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:33 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s because Forest haven’t been in the premier league for decades and have no immediate expectations of a return within what would be a 3/4 year contract length.

If you were offered Brighton now or Fulham now, I would most certainly be choosing Fulham because it’s more likely they will be in a better position than Brighton over that 3/4 year contract length also meaning I will have a promotion on my CV as opposed to a relegation.

You are welcome to place that bet.

As for where both managers will be, who knows, depends what job he does or doesn’t take. Far too many variables. He may stay with us in which case I’m sure Brighton will be above Swansea within 3/4 years, we have very little immediate return prospects. But that was never the discussion.

The discussion was Brighton vs Fulham.

Copper could take over Fulham tomorrow, be sacked by Christmas and their replacement work miracles.

Brighton could lose Potter make terrible decisions and find themselves relegated like bigger and better clubs like West Ham and Newcastle have previously.

No club apart from the major ones are not in danger of relegation. How many times have Fulham been relegated over last 10 years? I believe Brighton are a bigger club than them, 100%, but I also believe Forest are bigger club than both and look where they are.

Cooper and Potter, three years, put up or shut up it’s that simple. Let me know price by the morning. You’re second coming AndyCole can get involved too I’ll double the stake.
patrick vieira to palace on 23:40 - Jun 29 with 496 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 23:38 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

Copper could take over Fulham tomorrow, be sacked by Christmas and their replacement work miracles.

Brighton could lose Potter make terrible decisions and find themselves relegated like bigger and better clubs like West Ham and Newcastle have previously.

No club apart from the major ones are not in danger of relegation. How many times have Fulham been relegated over last 10 years? I believe Brighton are a bigger club than them, 100%, but I also believe Forest are bigger club than both and look where they are.

Cooper and Potter, three years, put up or shut up it’s that simple. Let me know price by the morning. You’re second coming AndyCole can get involved too I’ll double the stake.

You have yet again fraudulently changed our discussion and introduced a whole new bet to a discussion we have not had.

To ease your concerns, if Potter gets sacked then we will just take his best finishing position with them, and see if Fulham beat that within 4 years... happy?

So, to sum up our actual discussions that haven’t been altered by you now that you are being challenged to put up or shut up ......

1) let’s have a bet that Coopers compensation will be more than Parkers. You obviously think it will be less considering we don’t want Cooper and Fulham wanted to keep Parker according to you of course.

2) let’s have a bet on what is the better offer, Fulham or Brighton. I believe that within 3/4 years, Fulham will be higher placed than Brighton. Or if you want, to properly compare. We can take the highest position of Brighton since Potter took over (plus their next two) and we will see if Fulham beats it within the next 4? Or of course Potters best Brighton finish vs Fulham’s in the next 4 years... Fair?

Both those bets are bang on discussion and both should be happy to take it... unless one of us was only pretending to have that view in order to be obtuse toward someone they feel intellectually threatened by on the internet of course, which I’m sure won’t be the case?

What you reckon? £100 on each? Maybe we can donate to the site owners cause?

[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 23:43]

patrick vieira to palace on 23:42 - Jun 29 with 493 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:40 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

You have yet again fraudulently changed our discussion and introduced a whole new bet to a discussion we have not had.

To ease your concerns, if Potter gets sacked then we will just take his best finishing position with them, and see if Fulham beat that within 4 years... happy?

So, to sum up our actual discussions that haven’t been altered by you now that you are being challenged to put up or shut up ......

1) let’s have a bet that Coopers compensation will be more than Parkers. You obviously think it will be less considering we don’t want Cooper and Fulham wanted to keep Parker according to you of course.

2) let’s have a bet on what is the better offer, Fulham or Brighton. I believe that within 3/4 years, Fulham will be higher placed than Brighton. Or if you want, to properly compare. We can take the highest position of Brighton since Potter took over (plus their next two) and we will see if Fulham beats it within the next 4? Or of course Potters best Brighton finish vs Fulham’s in the next 4 years... Fair?

Both those bets are bang on discussion and both should be happy to take it... unless one of us was only pretending to have that view in order to be obtuse toward someone they feel intellectually threatened by on the internet of course, which I’m sure won’t be the case?

What you reckon? £100 on each? Maybe we can donate to the site owners cause?

[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 23:43]

Potter or Cooper, three years.

£200 to the site owners cause. I’ve explained my stance on the clubs.

Have faith in your convictions Doc, you’re a betting man.
patrick vieira to palace on 23:46 - Jun 29 with 485 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 23:42 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

Potter or Cooper, three years.

£200 to the site owners cause. I’ve explained my stance on the clubs.

Have faith in your convictions Doc, you’re a betting man.

That hasn’t been the discussion Risca. As you know. If Cooper is still with Swansea then I’m sure Brighton and Potter will both be above them, you are asking me to bet on something that is not my opinion.

What we discussed was Brighton being a better offer than Fulham. So let’s see where they are in 4 years, I’m even giving you a head start considering Brighton are already in the PL?

You also think that Cooper isn’t wanted by the club and that Parker was. So let’s compare compensation levels, whoever is higher wins.

You have been exposed.

patrick vieira to palace on 23:48 - Jun 29 with 483 viewsFireboy2

Think my prediction won't be far off by tomorrow.
patrick vieira to palace on 23:53 - Jun 29 with 480 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:46 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

That hasn’t been the discussion Risca. As you know. If Cooper is still with Swansea then I’m sure Brighton and Potter will both be above them, you are asking me to bet on something that is not my opinion.

What we discussed was Brighton being a better offer than Fulham. So let’s see where they are in 4 years, I’m even giving you a head start considering Brighton are already in the PL?

You also think that Cooper isn’t wanted by the club and that Parker was. So let’s compare compensation levels, whoever is higher wins.

You have been exposed.

That comment I made about exposing you has really flicked your switch hasn’t it doc. It’s true though so can’t take it back unfortunately.

Brighton is absolutely a better offer than Fulham. It’s obvious, you know that aswell. As I said, how could I put money on something if I don’t know who Brighton will replace Potter with, every manager appt is a risk. Fulham the same, it could go either way. The discussion was on the offers both managers had from their work here, one is miles better than the other in every area.

I do believe the club would like a clean break from Cooper and we will get lower than asking price in compo. What that figure is I have no idea. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get nothing in the end. It’s an opinion, i have no inside knowledge, it’s just a gut feeling which I’m happy to see play out.

I’ll say once more. Cooper and Potter, three years, £200 for Keith’s cause.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024