Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt 12:15 - Jul 29 with 7583 viewsSwansIndependent

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt 29th Jul 2021 12:12
Swansea City boss Julian Winter has come up with a strategy to ensure the club has a manager in situ prior to the league season opener at Blackburn Rovers. Recent speculation on who is in the frame is confirmed with Russell Martin, Jody Morris, Derek McInnes and Cameron Toshack all being considered. 1

Latest on the increasingly long manager hunt above.
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:59 - Jul 29 with 1969 viewsjasper_T

The club have my number, just waiting for the call...
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 14:04 - Jul 29 with 1930 viewsjack247

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:01 - Jul 29 by cymrojack

If there is money in the budget for for Wilder & Knill, yes, absolutely.

Though, if there is money for those two, it clearly opens up the possibility of approaching many others too.

That's not expressing a desire on my behalf to spend any more money than is needed. I mentioned Pascal Jansen of AZ Alkmarr on another thread, not only because he is the type of manager we should be monitoring, but he is also on a reported 4k a week.
Winter should have a list of this kind of candidate.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:16]

If there’s budget for Wilder with Knill as his assistant, including how they would shape the squad, not just their own salaries, then there more than enough budget for Martin or Morris.

We don’t know why Cooper left, but it’s probably not stretching it too far to assume the quality of the squad played its part. Would be strange if we couldn’t support Cooper, but then brought Wilder in.
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 14:04 - Jul 29 with 1927 viewsvetchonian

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:59 - Jul 29 by jasper_T

The club have my number, just waiting for the call...

YOu are close to the change in strategy....apparantly WInter was told that there are loads of Posters on here and the other site who know more than previous managers so he ihas asked Keith and Phil for mailing lists!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 14:08 - Jul 29 with 1873 viewsonehunglow

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 14:04 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

YOu are close to the change in strategy....apparantly WInter was told that there are loads of Posters on here and the other site who know more than previous managers so he ihas asked Keith and Phil for mailing lists!

including forensic accountants

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 15:41 - Jul 29 with 1652 viewscymrojack

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 14:04 - Jul 29 by jack247

If there’s budget for Wilder with Knill as his assistant, including how they would shape the squad, not just their own salaries, then there more than enough budget for Martin or Morris.

We don’t know why Cooper left, but it’s probably not stretching it too far to assume the quality of the squad played its part. Would be strange if we couldn’t support Cooper, but then brought Wilder in.

Indeed. it would be somewhat strange.

Even if Cooper was told that he'd have less money this year, i'm sure he'd have the intelligence to realise that after the past year, things haven't quite worked out as all of us would have expected - as will be the case for the football business. He'd presumably also have been aware that as a club, we pretty much need to sell a player for a good amount every year to have a chance of transfer funds.

I guess he hid not have the heart to continue as he didn't think he'd be able to at least replicate what he'd done over the past two seasons on lesser resources.

If now, a golden egg has somehow been laid, no doubt he'll be slightly annoyed.

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:26 - Jul 29 with 1479 viewsBillyChong

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:50 - Jul 29 by PBJ

I love to see Derek McInnes here

He is proven👍🏻

We have more money than the Scot side for a fact.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:54]

Shame we aren’t playing in the Scottish leagues
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:30 - Jul 29 with 1463 viewsNotLoyal

Good to see the site flying and keeping everyone taking. That's a positive.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:37 - Jul 29 with 1439 viewsvetchonian

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 15:41 - Jul 29 by cymrojack

Indeed. it would be somewhat strange.

Even if Cooper was told that he'd have less money this year, i'm sure he'd have the intelligence to realise that after the past year, things haven't quite worked out as all of us would have expected - as will be the case for the football business. He'd presumably also have been aware that as a club, we pretty much need to sell a player for a good amount every year to have a chance of transfer funds.

I guess he hid not have the heart to continue as he didn't think he'd be able to at least replicate what he'd done over the past two seasons on lesser resources.

If now, a golden egg has somehow been laid, no doubt he'll be slightly annoyed.

If there is a golden egg then the executive management need shooting..but the Cooper outs are happy and would argue the club wanted him out any way!

Login to get fewer ads

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:39 - Jul 29 with 1434 viewsguthrieintherain

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:37 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

If there is a golden egg then the executive management need shooting..but the Cooper outs are happy and would argue the club wanted him out any way!

Nobody kicked him out he walked why keep going on and on and on and on

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:50 - Jul 29 with 1402 viewsvetchonian

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:39 - Jul 29 by guthrieintherain

I was responding to the previous post where the poster alluded to the fact Cooper felt given the financial constraints he would be under this season it may be difficult to repeat his previous success....yes I would be annoyed to find out that suddenly monies have appeared.

You are right no one kicked him out he walked as he obviously wasnt happy...I guess he wanted a better deal given the progress he had made, concerned that maybe the club had no ambition to get promoted and are happy to generate player slaes, and I think he was peeed off that the Yanks started getting involved with player recruitment..ie Morris and Arriola.

Im not going on and on...But since the play off final many of the Cooper outs were posting how obvious it was that the club wanted him gone, yet there were roprts this wasnt the case.
Why would you want to lose a manager who in his first two seasons had got you in the playoffs, with a year left he could have been like Franks who succeeded in promotion in his third season.

A manager who had liks and could attract good loanees? Who had been an advert fotr clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool ?

I will stop going on and on...but as I have said else where other posters have said be careful what you wish for....we have that Cooper gone...and now manager less with people turning us down....panic will set in soon at CEO/owner level the sands of time are quickly running 7 days before the season kicks off and we have no leadership fo rthe team!!!!

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:55 - Jul 29 with 1374 viewscymrojack

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:39 - Jul 29 by guthrieintherain

It is relevant, because Steve Cooper without doubt produced on-field success in his time at the club.

We know that his salary was in the region of 4k per week and that he was approaching the last year of his contract.

Let's say he'd asked for a new 3 year contract with a rise of 25% - taking it to 5k per week and was refused.

We now read, albeit in the papers/odds that Wilder is a contender. His last salary was 14k per week. At best , I daresay he'd accept half of that. That is why it is relevant.

Add on to that any new transfer funds promised to a new manager as part of attracting them and we begin to see a worrying inconsistency in the way management is operating.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 17:58]

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 18:56 - Jul 29 with 1253 viewsbuilthjack

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:48 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

He knew on June 2nd, it’s madness to think he did nothing when his career to date has been completely the opposite. Maybe he is looking for a pay off ?

2 months since the play off final. He knew Cooper would be off after that.
2 months to sort a manager out.
A week to go until the new season starts.
Winter, and the guardians of the club, just go.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 20:56]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:16 - Jul 29 with 1163 viewsonehunglow

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 18:56 - Jul 29 by builthjack

Agree with that Ken.
It's totally unnecessary

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:21 - Jul 29 with 1151 viewsbuilthjack

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:16 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Agree with that Ken.
It's totally unnecessary

Pure greed hoping someone would pay a few quid for Cooper. Simple as that.
But no Manager lined up is criminal.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:32 - Jul 29 with 1116 views3swan

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 18:56 - Jul 29 by builthjack

"Wilder, and the guardians of the club, just go."

So Winter can stay and "Wilder Out " campaign before he loses a game?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:50 - Jul 29 with 1062 viewsmax936

Can't believe the situation we're in, unbelievable considering we were in the Playoff Final 2 months ago.
Unable to see a way forward at the moment, Winters has to go the man's clueless and earning a good wage yanks have balanced the books, but seem very naïve at the same time, don't seem to have a clue on how British Football works.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 21:37]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:56 - Jul 29 with 1035 viewsThornburyswan

Morris back into favourite with Sky.
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:59 - Jul 29 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:21 - Jul 29 by builthjack

Yep.You nor I wouldnt run a business like that.
Do they not plan-anything,at all.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 20:02 - Jul 29 with 997 viewsPBJ

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 17:26 - Jul 29 by BillyChong

Shame we aren’t playing in the Scottish leagues

He did manage for championship too.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 20:04]

Always go with the Facts.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 20:28 - Jul 29 with 914 viewscymrojack

Probably been said here many times before, but it would be in the long-term best interests of the club to add a Head of football to the business.

The Chief Executive should sit above that position, overseeing all departments at the club.

The Head of football should be drawing the list of candidates for Manager/Head coach of the men's first team.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 20:29]

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 20:45 - Jul 29 with 842 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 20:28 - Jul 29 by cymrojack

Probably been said here many times before, but it would be in the long-term best interests of the club to add a Head of football to the business.

The Chief Executive should sit above that position, overseeing all departments at the club.

The Head of football should be drawing the list of candidates for Manager/Head coach of the men's first team.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 20:29]

Andy Scott ? I would imagine he gets extra curricular requests to do just that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 21:01 - Jul 29 with 774 viewsmajorraglan

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 19:21 - Jul 29 by builthjack

It’s been claimed there was a £3m release clause on Steve Coopers contract. Given he was in the last year of his contract, wanted out, some of the fan base also wanted him out, IF the reason he didn’t get the move was purely down to the £3m compo I think the club have dropped the ball. £3m is a hell of a lot of money and I’d have taken a third of that!
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 21:11 - Jul 29 with 734 viewsHeadmaster

The time to go for Martin was immediately after the play-off final, not 9 days before the season opener ffs. Astonishingly amateur from us, then again we do have form for it.

At this point, just get Jody Morris in (if he's still willing) and let's crack on.
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 21:20 - Jul 29 with 705 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 21:11 - Jul 29 by Headmaster

The time to go for Martin was immediately after the play-off final, not 9 days before the season opener ffs. Astonishingly amateur from us, then again we do have form for it.

At this point, just get Jody Morris in (if he's still willing) and let's crack on.

Winter knew he wanted out. I’m amazed that a man of his experience dropped a complete bollock after their June 2nd meeting. Incredibly amateurish, however he may well have a decent reason, but I suppose we will find that out once this mess is sorted out and if he’s still in situ.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 21:31 - Jul 29 with 674 viewsguthrieintherain

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 21:20 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Winter knew he wanted out. I’m amazed that a man of his experience dropped a complete bollock after their June 2nd meeting. Incredibly amateurish, however he may well have a decent reason, but I suppose we will find that out once this mess is sorted out and if he’s still in situ.

Only 1 reason was hoping Cooper would be poached it backfired spectacularly and could well cost Winter his job

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024