Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest 17:07 - Jul 29 with 8117 viewsNotLoyal

Friendly Matchday Thread.
Saturday 31st July
Kick off 3pm

After demolishing Cardiff in the week Southampton are going to march in to the Liberty and do the same to the swans, or so they would have you believe. After all that marching the saints will be very tired and hungry, probably quite thirsty too. And of course they always ‘Go marching in’ So Alan Tate’s pre match plan is to march them ‘out’ instead, that will genuinely confuse them. Just you see. Predictions for this one are a 7-0 Swansea win or maybe not.

Supporters info
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/important-information-supporters-ahead-southamp

Matchday News
Southampton have turned down 26 million pound offer for James Ward-Prowse. A bit cheeky really trying to buy two players by Villa in one go. Matt Grimes should reappear today, not that he has disappeared, it’s just that he can’t agree terms with Fulham. This will annoy Swansea as they could do with a few quid. Obviously he will play as the saints when they do go marching in might fancy a post match bid.

Matchday Programme
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-21-22-southampton-programme-v01/2

The game is LIVE on SwansTV 👍

TEAMS

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett (captain), Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Liam Walsh, Yan Dhanda; Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Joel Piroe, Kyle Joseph, Ollie Cooper, Scott Butler, Lincoln McFayden, Ben Lloyd, Dan Williams.

Southampton: Alex McCarthy; Kyle Walker-Peters, Oriol Romeu (captain), Shane Long, Che Adams, Nathan Redmond, Stuart Armstrong, Moussa Djenepo, Mohamed Salisu, Nathan Tella. Jan Bednarek.

Substitutes: Jack Stephens, Danny Ings, Michael Obafemi, Romain Perraud, Yan Valery, Mohamed Elyounoussi, Ibrahima Diallo, Theo Walcott, Harry Lewis, Oludare Olufunwa, Fraser Forster, Ryan Finnigan.

Here is a picture of a bald man

Here is a picture of a Nathan

More later.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Southampton on 22:01 - Jul 29 with 4705 viewsReslovenSwan1

I think Swansea got an 8-0 hammering last season at St Mary's.

It was two shortened games and a mitigating factor that the first game was lost 7-0 and the second only 1-0 from memory.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Southampton on 00:23 - Jul 31 with 4394 viewsChief

How many tickets sold?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 4235 viewsFlashberryjack

Who's going ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 13:03 - Jul 31 with 4141 viewsChief

Is this available on radio?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 13:13 - Jul 31 with 4132 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 11:14 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

Who's going ?

Me (but I'm not proud of the fact.)
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:01 - Jul 31 with 4058 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett (captain), Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Liam Walsh, Yan Dhanda; Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Joel Piroe, Kyle Joseph, Ollie Cooper, Scott Butler, Lincoln McFayden, Ben Lloyd, Dan Williams.

Southampton: Alex McCarthy; Kyle Walker-Peters, Oriol Romeu (captain), Shane Long, Che Adams, Nathan Redmond, Stuart Armstrong, Moussa Djenepo, Mohamed Salisu, Nathan Tella. Jan Bednarek.

Substitutes: Jack Stephens, Danny Ings, Michael Obafemi, Romain Perraud, Yan Valery, Mohamed Elyounoussi, Ibrahima Diallo, Theo Walcott, Harry Lewis, Oludare Olufunwa, Fraser Forster, Ryan Finnigan.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:58 - Jul 31 with 3901 viewsWitneyjack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:01 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Im pleased Dhanda is playing. He seems to be one of the few players we have who is always looking forward, to progress up the field. Although I am aware there are many who don't rate him.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:04 - Jul 31 with 3865 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:58 - Jul 31 by Witneyjack

Im pleased Dhanda is playing. He seems to be one of the few players we have who is always looking forward, to progress up the field. Although I am aware there are many who don't rate him.

Big season for him coming up. Got talent but never likely to shine playing Cooperball. Hopefully the new boss (whoever that might be) is more suitable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:05 - Jul 31 with 3859 views34dfgdf54

Whittaker has looked excellent in both friendlies and he’s starting this one the same.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:09 - Jul 31 with 3833 viewshobo

Anyone have a link for this?
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:12 - Jul 31 with 3812 views34dfgdf54

Benda in a different universe when it comes to ball at feet than woodman. Clear to see already. It starts from the keeper if we want to play a possession based game.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:15 - Jul 31 with 3785 viewscymrojack

1-0 Swans
og

Edit
1-1
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:16]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:17 - Jul 31 with 3762 viewsBadlands

Bennett and Bidwell need to get on the same page.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:20 - Jul 31 with 3728 viewsbuilthjack

Schoolboy defending

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 3704 viewscymrojack

1-2

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:25 - Jul 31 with 3683 viewsKeithHaynes

Dreadful at the back, soton are a far better side mind.

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:30 - Jul 31 with 3624 viewsjack_lord

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:25 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Dreadful at the back, soton are a far better side mind.

As I'm not home, any link available for phone or laptop

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:35 - Jul 31 with 3575 viewsBadlands

Back four and keeper definitely not clicked.
Walsh injured … who'd have thunk it?
Redmond is a player I'd have love to have brought to Swansea.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:36 - Jul 31 with 3560 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:30 - Jul 31 by jack_lord

I’m on swans tv.

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:37 - Jul 31 with 3542 viewsDJack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:30 - Jul 31 by jack_lord

http://www.hesgoal.tv/watch/sports-hd9

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:43 - Jul 31 with 3471 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:17 - Jul 31 by Badlands

Bennett and Bidwell need to get on the same page.

Awful from both at the moment
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:44 - Jul 31 with 3457 viewsjasper_T

Director not too keen on showing the game. Frequently showing close ups of managers and replays while the ball is in play.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:50 - Jul 31 with 3348 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:58 - Jul 31 by Witneyjack

Doesn't effect a game enough, "always looking forward" or not.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:52 - Jul 31 with 3319 viewsGriffting

Got to say I am slightly worried with Liam Walsh.
Looks one of are brightest midfielders but how often will we have him on the pitch.
If/when grimes goes we need to do some work in that area.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:52 - Jul 31 with 3316 viewsAnotherJohn

My impression so far is that we are seeing pretty much what we'd expect from the personnel on the field based on past performance. The defense looks a bit shakier without Mark there, there is little midfield creativity, and the players upfront are incapable of making their own chances. I will be interested in the second half to see if our new signings offer any more in the way of hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024