Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat 16:54 - Jan 22 with 2875 viewsFerryjack123

The boy is unbelievable.. Oozes class
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 16:58 - Jan 22 with 2129 viewsonehunglow

Best signing sInce Gylfi.
He needs a mega contract.Offer his the family silver.

One to keep and make captain
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 17:09]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 2133 viewsNotLoyal

Don’t threaten him 🤪

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:39 - Jan 22 with 2057 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:01 - Jan 22 by NotLoyal

Don’t threaten him 🤪

Holds Grimes back apparently

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:49 - Jan 22 with 2025 viewsWhiterockin

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:39 - Jan 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Holds Grimes back apparently

Enjoy him while we can, as I've said before this young man is destined to play at the highest level.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:56 - Jan 22 with 2003 viewsmax936

Being reined in far to much, needs to be given the freedom, Grimes needs benching, put Smith back in front of the back 3 or ANO and let Downs have his head to control games, which he's more than capable of. IMO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:02 - Jan 22 with 1987 viewskrunchykarrot

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 17:56 - Jan 22 by max936

Being reined in far to much, needs to be given the freedom, Grimes needs benching, put Smith back in front of the back 3 or ANO and let Downs have his head to control games, which he's more than capable of. IMO.

Him and Grimes were superb today, Ben had an out every time he took the ball, playing him in a more advanced role would leave us exposed big time. The lad has a football sat nav rolls royce of a player.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:15 - Jan 22 with 1947 viewsshingle

Agree he is playing well, thought Manning was motm mind you that goal and the goal saving block sealed the deal for me.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:32 - Jan 22 with 1897 viewsEagleEye

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:15 - Jan 22 by shingle

Agree he is playing well, thought Manning was motm mind you that goal and the goal saving block sealed the deal for me.

From where I was sat, totally agree that Manning was motm.

No doubt about Downes quality, if he adds goals to his game he will be snapped by a PL team. That’s the main reason why Grimes is still with us, no goal threat.

As said by others, Cyrus looks like a big upgrade on Laird.

Ntcham is a concern can’t seem to play for more than 60 minutes on a good day

Once Wolf settles in he looks like he could unlock defences when gets to know how Piroe plays
Login to get fewer ads

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:33 - Jan 22 with 1897 viewsKilkennyjack

Outstanding.

Beware of the Risen People

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:38 - Jan 22 with 1885 viewsBillyChong

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:32 - Jan 22 by EagleEye

From where I was sat, totally agree that Manning was motm.

No doubt about Downes quality, if he adds goals to his game he will be snapped by a PL team. That’s the main reason why Grimes is still with us, no goal threat.

As said by others, Cyrus looks like a big upgrade on Laird.

Ntcham is a concern can’t seem to play for more than 60 minutes on a good day

Once Wolf settles in he looks like he could unlock defences when gets to know how Piroe plays

Silly comment. Downes isn’t there to score goals. Look at the greats in that role - Kante, Makelele, even Leon. None of them are prolific goalscorers and don’t need to be.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:47 - Jan 22 with 1870 viewsmax936

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:38 - Jan 22 by BillyChong

Silly comment. Downes isn’t there to score goals. Look at the greats in that role - Kante, Makelele, even Leon. None of them are prolific goalscorers and don’t need to be.

Disagree to a point, Grimes is supposed to be the player you are describing, Downes is the box to box player we've been crying out for and they do score goals, particularly like the one he scored last week

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:00 - Jan 22 with 1827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:47 - Jan 22 by max936

Disagree to a point, Grimes is supposed to be the player you are describing, Downes is the box to box player we've been crying out for and they do score goals, particularly like the one he scored last week

No he isn’t. He’s being played behind Grimes. Hence the elephant in the room regarding grimes being worth his place. Which he isn’t

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:00 - Jan 22 with 1830 viewsCatullus

Downes is a great signing for us, we'll do well to hold onto him.

I also liked the look of Kyle Joseph, he worked hard, put himself about and looked a threat. Except every time he did something the ref penalised him, some crazy decisions out there today.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:04 - Jan 22 with 1818 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:00 - Jan 22 by Catullus

Downes is a great signing for us, we'll do well to hold onto him.

I also liked the look of Kyle Joseph, he worked hard, put himself about and looked a threat. Except every time he did something the ref penalised him, some crazy decisions out there today.

Downes is everything I want on a Swans player. A great bit of business and one we will profit greatly from.

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:12 - Jan 22 with 1797 viewsmax936

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:00 - Jan 22 by Brynmill_Jack

No he isn’t. He’s being played behind Grimes. Hence the elephant in the room regarding grimes being worth his place. Which he isn’t

That's what I said ffs read it again, he's being played to deep and he is indeed a box to box player, Grimes played today as the box to box CM which he's not, he's stifling Downes

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:24 - Jan 22 with 1781 viewsjasper_T

Felt he struggled first 15. Touch like he'd put his boots on the wrong feet and was getting out-muscled. We do end up looking negative when Grimes plays in front of him because Grimes comes towards the ball, and can't play a forward pass because he's facing our own goal. So he knocks it back to Downes who usually plays the simplest, safest pass he has available - right back to Grimes.

We have looked more dangerous with Grimes as the sitter and Downes allowed to forage.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 1773 viewsAndyCole

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:38 - Jan 22 by BillyChong

Just because he fluked a goal last week, the Downsists are now saying he should be deployed further forward.

Bonkers.

He's a solid CDM who now that he's finally learnt his lines, doesn't get stuck under talisman Grimesy's boots and has finally, eventually after so much time found his niche as anchor-man. He's no Makélélé , not by a long shot.

Grimes gets to now kick on, with Downs anchoring. Finally.

Let's hope Downes continues to learn and develop, most especially against top half teams where Grimes will no doubt need to drop deep to cover.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:33 - Jan 22 with 1764 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:24 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

Felt he struggled first 15. Touch like he'd put his boots on the wrong feet and was getting out-muscled. We do end up looking negative when Grimes plays in front of him because Grimes comes towards the ball, and can't play a forward pass because he's facing our own goal. So he knocks it back to Downes who usually plays the simplest, safest pass he has available - right back to Grimes.

We have looked more dangerous with Grimes as the sitter and Downes allowed to forage.

Think most can see that apart from RM. Grimes continually slows us down. Downes has quick feet and could get us foraging forward far quicker. Just switch their roles, oh and bench Smith.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:02 - Jan 22 with 1719 viewsmax936

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:33 - Jan 22 by Treforys_Jack

Think most can see that apart from RM. Grimes continually slows us down. Downes has quick feet and could get us foraging forward far quicker. Just switch their roles, oh and bench Smith.

See if you can instil that into Mr Cole above. He seems blind to the obvious.

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:13 - Jan 22 with 1697 viewsvetchonian

simplest swap their roles let Grimes play where Martin has Downes now dropping into the back line...Potter played him as a left back and centre back.....and let Downes play higher up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:22 - Jan 22 with 1676 viewsmax936

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:13 - Jan 22 by vetchonian

simplest swap their roles let Grimes play where Martin has Downes now dropping into the back line...Potter played him as a left back and centre back.....and let Downes play higher up

Preston came and played with 5 at the back and 4 sometimes 5 in front, as did Huddersfield last week, so we need players to be on the front foot and move the ball quicker with pace and guile, we won't get that with Grimes, he'll never be that player as long as he's got an hole in his arse, sorry to be blunt but that's the truth.

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:28 - Jan 22 with 1663 viewsheatwave

MOM for me. Christie and Manning close behind.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:45 - Jan 22 with 1648 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 19:12 - Jan 22 by max936

That's what I said ffs read it again, he's being played to deep and he is indeed a box to box player, Grimes played today as the box to box CM which he's not, he's stifling Downes

Sorry Maximus , I was p*ssed up the Tav. I’m p*ssed in the house now

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 22:57 - Jan 22 with 1567 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 20:02 - Jan 22 by max936

See if you can instil that into Mr Cole above. He seems blind to the obvious.

I'm unable to see his drivel Max, assume he's still spouting complete nonsense then.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 23:49 - Jan 22 with 1531 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 22:57 - Jan 22 by Treforys_Jack

I'm unable to see his drivel Max, assume he's still spouting complete nonsense then.

He’s a self aggrandising tw*t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024