Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cabango and Naughton switching positions 10:01 - Apr 11 with 1779 viewsRichardO

Noticed there were times in the Derby game that they swapped position in open play to presumably counter the aerial threat from crosses, I know it could happen as play develops but it seemed as if it had been planned, don't know if they have done it before?
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 10:12 - Apr 11 with 1747 viewsKeithHaynes

Good spot, our more in depth swans watchers will no doubt respond to this 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 10:15 - Apr 11 with 1743 viewsSTID2017

Good point.
I have to say I think you are a good sensible poster who has added quality to this site.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:13 - Apr 11 with 1696 viewsLorax

Not to be a smart ass but I did suggest this a while back. I said that Naughton coud stay in the middle when we have possession but when we lose the ball he could switch with Cabango to defend to high ball. It was after Mitrovic ripped Naughts a new one.
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:27 - Apr 11 with 1684 viewsRichardO

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:13 - Apr 11 by Lorax

Not to be a smart ass but I did suggest this a while back. I said that Naughton coud stay in the middle when we have possession but when we lose the ball he could switch with Cabango to defend to high ball. It was after Mitrovic ripped Naughts a new one.

Looks like Martin spotted your post and putting into action👍although given Naughton's age can he cope with fast tricky wingers, if the support around him yes if not he might struggle, even with his Premiership experience/quality.
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:42 - Apr 11 with 1675 viewsFireboy2

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:13 - Apr 11 by Lorax

Yes a few of us said that.
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:46 - Apr 11 with 1671 viewsLorax

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:27 - Apr 11 by RichardO

Looks like Martin spotted your post and putting into action👍although given Naughton's age can he cope with fast tricky wingers, if the support around him yes if not he might struggle, even with his Premiership experience/quality.

Naughton has looked after himself quite well and lets be honest, in that Fulham game their wide players ripped Ben a new one too.

I like to think Martin takes my advice on board
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 1662 viewsBadlands

They did, but as much to do with Naughton moving forward and Cabango drifting in to cover. Instead of Naughton going back central and Cabango moving wider Naughton moves wider meaning only one position has to be rearranged.
Fulton also dropped into the back line more than Downes especially when Naughton or Cabango moved forward.
In the the three games last week the fluidity was was obvious. Martin seems to have got the players over the stand still and wait approach. Midfield especially kept moving and didn’t stop to admire passes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 12:04 - Apr 11 with 1655 viewsLorax

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:55 - Apr 11 by Badlands

They did, but as much to do with Naughton moving forward and Cabango drifting in to cover. Instead of Naughton going back central and Cabango moving wider Naughton moves wider meaning only one position has to be rearranged.
Fulton also dropped into the back line more than Downes especially when Naughton or Cabango moved forward.
In the the three games last week the fluidity was was obvious. Martin seems to have got the players over the stand still and wait approach. Midfield especially kept moving and didn’t stop to admire passes.

I've got to admit, I did get annoyed by player lack of movement at times. There were spaces t move forward into but they were wasted and then players oved backwards into spaces.

Where Martin was 100% was fitness, to play his way everybody needs to be extremely fit, have good stamina and awareness as well as being brave enough to do the one touch passes that our style demands.

I really didn't think we'd get there and I may have jumped a bit early with criticism but time will tell there. He still needs to sign good enough players in the summer and that still depends upon our owners.
Login to get fewer ads

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 12:27 - Apr 11 with 1638 viewsRichardO

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:46 - Apr 11 by Lorax

Naughton has looked after himself quite well and lets be honest, in that Fulham game their wide players ripped Ben a new one too.

Wasn't Ben playing out of his best position on the left in that game, I may be wrong about that though. Ben got isolated against Forest out on the left and got ripped as you put it,
so is it a case of not letting players get isolated.

Careful you may be on the touchline with Martin soon👬
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 13:05 - Apr 11 with 1618 viewsReslovenSwan1

There has been forum talk of Nitcham not being match fit for 90 mins. He has been at the club for 8 months generally un injured and is only 25. What is going on here?

Is it a lack of application or just a case of a lack of athleticism?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 13:32 - Apr 11 with 1603 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 13:05 - Apr 11 by ReslovenSwan1

There has been forum talk of Nitcham not being match fit for 90 mins. He has been at the club for 8 months generally un injured and is only 25. What is going on here?

He's been a disappointment for me for me honest, bags of ability but seems lacking in application. I think his languid style doesn't help the perception to be fair.
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 14:14 - Apr 11 with 1574 viewsKeithHaynes

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 11:46 - Apr 11 by Lorax

He’s on here most days, told me he couldn’t manage the club without the inspirational posts. 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 15:27 - Apr 11 with 1534 viewsvetchonian

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 12:27 - Apr 11 by RichardO

Wasn't Ben playing out of his best position on the left in that game, I may be wrong about that though. Ben got isolated against Forest out on the left and got ripped as you put it,
so is it a case of not letting players get isolated.

Careful you may be on the touchline with Martin soon👬

Or instead of we know how the Yanks like a cheap option

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 16:39 - Apr 11 with 1512 viewsRichardO

Wasn't going to pay him✊
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 12:34 - Apr 12 with 1430 viewsLorax

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 14:14 - Apr 11 by KeithHaynes

He’s on here most days, told me he couldn’t manage the club without the inspirational posts. 😉

Shhh or you'll give my true identity away

I am not Russell Martin, I repeat, I AM NOT
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 14:53 - Apr 12 with 1396 viewsGixerJack

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 13:05 - Apr 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Didn’t he catch Covid? It may still be affecting him
Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 15:10 - Apr 12 with 1382 viewsvetchonian

Cabango and Naughton switching positions on 12:34 - Apr 12 by Lorax

Shhh or you'll give my true identity away

I am not Russell Martin, I repeat, I AM NOT

show us the blueprint

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024