Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Florida punish Disney 12:06 - Apr 21 with 5895 viewsLorax

For not being bigoted,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/florida-senate-passes-bill-to-strip-disney-

Now I'm not part of the woke brigade but schools are there to educate about issues not ignore them.
Florida punish Disney on 10:48 - Apr 24 with 718 views73__73

Florida punish Disney on 08:18 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

A lot of us were brought up in the Chapel with all its bigotry,homophobia,child abuse,sexism and do not underestimate how strong that gene stayed.
We should not also forget Gay people often have a wicked sense of humour.

Sounds like you are describing the police there ☝️

When was the last time a chapel goer raped and murdered a young woman ?
Like that police officer did recently. Scum.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 10:50]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Florida punish Disney on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 692 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It would appear that it is not just the Yanks who are concerned about very early "sex education".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10747825/Parents-sue-Welsh-government-p
Florida punish Disney on 14:22 - Apr 24 with 675 viewsGwyn737

Florida punish Disney on 13:53 - Apr 24 by A_Fans_Dad

It would appear that it is not just the Yanks who are concerned about very early "sex education".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10747825/Parents-sue-Welsh-government-p

Here’s the curriculum:

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2022-01/curriculum-for-wales-

Which bits are controversial?

(No aimed at you AFD, it’s a comment on the article)
Florida punish Disney on 16:21 - Apr 24 with 645 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Florida punish Disney on 14:22 - Apr 24 by Gwyn737

Here’s the curriculum:

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2022-01/curriculum-for-wales-

Which bits are controversial?

(No aimed at you AFD, it’s a comment on the article)

I will try and answer anyway, the bits that may be controversial to those mothers is the the section for 3 to 7 year olds.
For instance
"and affection in relationships with others An awareness of how to communicate wants and needs in relationships"
"Awareness of the different feelings one can have, recognising other people’s feelings and how these may differ to your own."
"Recognising trusted adults who can help them and whom they can talk to and ask questions of, especially when they feel unhappy or unsafe."

Do you know any 3 year olds that would have any concept of those issues and why they would need to know them at that age?
It is relying on the people teaching them being completely trustworthy.
The last of those 3 would be an aid to grooming with someone so inclined.
Florida punish Disney on 16:53 - Apr 24 with 626 viewsGwyn737

Florida punish Disney on 16:21 - Apr 24 by A_Fans_Dad

I will try and answer anyway, the bits that may be controversial to those mothers is the the section for 3 to 7 year olds.
For instance
"and affection in relationships with others An awareness of how to communicate wants and needs in relationships"
"Awareness of the different feelings one can have, recognising other people’s feelings and how these may differ to your own."
"Recognising trusted adults who can help them and whom they can talk to and ask questions of, especially when they feel unhappy or unsafe."

Do you know any 3 year olds that would have any concept of those issues and why they would need to know them at that age?

That’s to be covered in the age 3 - 7 bracket. These are the building blocks that will lead to other, more complicated things.

For the first point it would be covered by talking about families and life cycles - parents look after their children and in time we have to look after older family members. They learn about babies crying to communicate need and how this changes into language.

Second point would be around empathy and how we manage feelings. What’s the right thing to do when someone already has the toy your playing with? How do yo manage disappointment? How do you manage anger?

The final point would be taught through a topic like ‘People who help us’, teaching the children that they can talk to a trusted adult like a teacher if there is something wrong.

All the RSE curriculum, like all curricula are progressive you have to start somewhere. Often what’s happening in the infants bears little connection to what some think of as Sex Education.

Some (like The Mail) just like to get people all het up.
Florida punish Disney on 18:00 - Apr 24 with 608 views73__73

Florida punish Disney on 16:53 - Apr 24 by Gwyn737

That’s to be covered in the age 3 - 7 bracket. These are the building blocks that will lead to other, more complicated things.

For the first point it would be covered by talking about families and life cycles - parents look after their children and in time we have to look after older family members. They learn about babies crying to communicate need and how this changes into language.

Second point would be around empathy and how we manage feelings. What’s the right thing to do when someone already has the toy your playing with? How do yo manage disappointment? How do you manage anger?

The final point would be taught through a topic like ‘People who help us’, teaching the children that they can talk to a trusted adult like a teacher if there is something wrong.

All the RSE curriculum, like all curricula are progressive you have to start somewhere. Often what’s happening in the infants bears little connection to what some think of as Sex Education.

Teachers should teach children to read & write, and not be brainwashed into some woke agenda.

Florida punish Disney on 18:02 - Apr 24 with 612 viewsLorax

Florida punish Disney on 16:53 - Apr 24 by Gwyn737

Thats the big problem, some people seem to think they're going to be teaching 3 year olds about contraception, the Kama Sutra and have Rampant Rabbits in class.

Mind you, myself included, some people are stupid.
Florida punish Disney on 18:12 - Apr 24 with 606 viewsGwyn737

Florida punish Disney on 18:02 - Apr 24 by Lorax

Thats the big problem, some people seem to think they're going to be teaching 3 year olds about contraception, the Kama Sutra and have Rampant Rabbits in class.

Mind you, myself included, some people are stupid.

Plays into some people’s bias, doesn’t it?

Having now read the Programmes of Study, the section for ages 3 - 7 can essentially be summed up in two words - be kind.

Why some think that woke, I don’t know.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 18:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Florida punish Disney on 18:43 - Apr 24 with 589 viewsLorax

Florida punish Disney on 18:12 - Apr 24 by Gwyn737

Plays into some people’s bias, doesn’t it?

Having now read the Programmes of Study, the section for ages 3 - 7 can essentially be summed up in two words - be kind.

Why some think that woke, I don’t know.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 18:57]

Gwyn mate, every day is a learning day. Every day my beliefs get challenged in some way.

Thing is, it's fine to believe in things but you should always be willing to listen and to learn, you can alter your beliefs, its not wrong to do that.
Florida punish Disney on 18:59 - Apr 24 with 583 viewsGwyn737

Florida punish Disney on 18:43 - Apr 24 by Lorax

Gwyn mate, every day is a learning day. Every day my beliefs get challenged in some way.

Thing is, it's fine to believe in things but you should always be willing to listen and to learn, you can alter your beliefs, its not wrong to do that.

I think you'd appreciate my favourite Bertrand Russell quote:

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

👍
Florida punish Disney on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 581 viewsLorax

Florida punish Disney on 18:59 - Apr 24 by Gwyn737

I think you'd appreciate my favourite Bertrand Russell quote:

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

👍

Nothing is for sure. Change is the only thing that is the absolute. The quality of your life is directly related to how much uncertainty you can comfortably handle.

I don't know who said that.
Florida punish Disney on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 572 viewsSTID2017

Florida punish Disney on 19:03 - Apr 24 by Lorax

Nothing is for sure. Change is the only thing that is the absolute. The quality of your life is directly related to how much uncertainty you can comfortably handle.

I don't know who said that.

You.
I just read it ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Florida punish Disney on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 555 viewsSirjohnalot

Florida punish Disney on 16:21 - Apr 24 by A_Fans_Dad

For instance

‘With someone so inclined’

That’s the point isn’t it ? If a teacher is so inclined, the kids would,not be protected if this was not on the curriculum.

Therefore in the more likely event that the teacher wasn’t so inclined, the kids wouldn’t be in danger.

It’s simply teaching them to be kind.
Florida punish Disney on 20:29 - Apr 24 with 546 views73__73

Florida punish Disney on 20:21 - Apr 24 by Sirjohnalot

‘With someone so inclined’

That’s the point isn’t it ? If a teacher is so inclined, the kids would,not be protected if this was not on the curriculum.

Therefore in the more likely event that the teacher wasn’t so inclined, the kids wouldn’t be in danger.

It’s simply teaching them to be kind.

‘Teaching to be kind’ what a load of cr@p. Being kind is a trait that can’t be taught in school.
You are either a kind person or not.

If you aren’t a kind person, won’t matter how much a teacher says be kind.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024