Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tucker Carlson on the energy situation in Europe 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1527 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The most-watched news show in America (by both Democrats and smart people) opened with this yesterday, a subject that few Americans were probably even aware of before this.

Really not sure how much of this applies to the UK itself, but in spite of whatever you think about Carlson, I'd love to hear your thoughts - where he is misinformed and/or where he has a point.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tucker Carlson on the energy situation in Europe on 22:59 - Aug 30 with 1390 viewsCatullus

There isnt a shortage of gas as such, Europe allowed itslef to become dependent on Russian gas and now Putin is holding it back causing this massive inflation.

It has been a succession of stupid governments all across Europe who have made even more stupid decisions. I don't like Trump but he did warn Germany! Trump was right.

Europe isn't going back to the dark age though, that is just crazy hyperbole.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tucker Carlson on the energy situation in Europe on 23:20 - Aug 30 with 1380 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tucker Carlson on the energy situation in Europe on 22:59 - Aug 30 by Catullus

There isnt a shortage of gas as such, Europe allowed itslef to become dependent on Russian gas and now Putin is holding it back causing this massive inflation.

It has been a succession of stupid governments all across Europe who have made even more stupid decisions. I don't like Trump but he did warn Germany! Trump was right.

Europe isn't going back to the dark age though, that is just crazy hyperbole.

One of the most useful peacemakers in the modern world are pipelines. A pipeline crossing multiple countries is a good incentive for cooperation. All notionally have good reasons to make agreements and be friendly with each other as all benefit. The benefits are a cheap methods of selling their product. A cheap method of receiving the product and very respectable rental fees for countries over which the pipeline crosses.

Russia was earning $1 billion a day and spent billions more building two pipeline one new one was completed recently!

The logic would be only a complete idiot would put such a money spinner at risk. Putin was that idiot. He will soon be dismissed as he has impoverished his own people for very little gain. The war he started is not going well. Sensible Russian's will be very keen to f get rid of him and reopen this pipelines when Putin s gone.

The Russian have a big incentive to ditch the man sooner rather than later and get back on decent terms with their clients in Europe.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 23:22]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024