Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin nominated 08:41 - Oct 6 with 1078 viewsGixerJack

For Manager of the month… isn’t that normally followed by a couple of inexplicable losses?
Russell Martin nominated on 08:54 - Oct 6 with 1053 viewsDr_Parnassus

Deserves it, undoubtedly.

Winning the award is said to be a curse, but I doubt it’s backed by any data. It’s just the nature of form, especially in this league, it never usually lasts too long before a defeat.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin nominated on 08:55 - Oct 6 with 1057 viewsFireboy2

Usually but hopefully he can buck the trend 🤞
Russell Martin nominated on 09:21 - Oct 6 with 1024 viewsKeithHaynes

We have to get to grips with the fact the swans will lose one day again.
But the winning feeling is not a bad thing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin nominated on 09:41 - Oct 6 with 987 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin nominated on 09:21 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

Losing is fine if there is confidence in the set up.

The problem has been losing with no confidence in what is being done. It almost felt like defeat before the whistle because it just made no sense.

If we continue to approach games like this then defeats will be blips in the road as opposed to long never ending bouts of normality.

We have a play off challenging side, no question about it. Approach it the way we have and we will win more than we lose.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin nominated on 11:40 - Oct 6 with 901 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin nominated on 09:21 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

I will take two draws from the next two games followed by a win in the derby

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin nominated on 13:03 - Oct 6 with 853 viewsjack247

We’re probably only a bit on tinkering away from a very good side.

The defence looks solid as a unit bar individual blips. We’re organised and deal with set pieces/late aerial bombardments better than we have done for a while.

Midfield looks more balanced now we aren’t having to drop players stupidly deep because we’re passing around our own box.

Sorinola is improving every game and Manning has put in some fantastic performances lately.

Ntcham is a bit of a conundrum because he can be so good or useless. Two game changing goals this week though.

Final piece of the jigsaw is how we get the most out of our front two. They showed last season they’ve both got the potential to get 20 goals as the leading man. Neither have quite hit that level this time. Personally I’d have Cooper behind Piroe and Obafemi on after an hour, but I can see the argument for having two massive goal threats on the pitch all the time.

If we can get those two firing we can have a decent crack at it
Russell Martin nominated on 13:46 - Oct 6 with 834 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin nominated on 13:03 - Oct 6 by jack247

We’re probably only a bit on tinkering away from a very good side.

The defence looks solid as a unit bar individual blips. We’re organised and deal with set pieces/late aerial bombardments better than we have done for a while.

Midfield looks more balanced now we aren’t having to drop players stupidly deep because we’re passing around our own box.

Sorinola is improving every game and Manning has put in some fantastic performances lately.

Ntcham is a bit of a conundrum because he can be so good or useless. Two game changing goals this week though.

Final piece of the jigsaw is how we get the most out of our front two. They showed last season they’ve both got the potential to get 20 goals as the leading man. Neither have quite hit that level this time. Personally I’d have Cooper behind Piroe and Obafemi on after an hour, but I can see the argument for having two massive goal threats on the pitch all the time.

If we can get those two firing we can have a decent crack at it

I think we need to look seriously at Naughton, as I have said said several times I have been/am a massive supporter of him but age is catching up. Are the mistakes/errors down to fatigue and age. We need to sort this out now.
Russell Martin nominated on 13:51 - Oct 6 with 826 viewsjack247

Russell Martin nominated on 13:46 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

I think we need to look seriously at Naughton, as I have said said several times I have been/am a massive supporter of him but age is catching up. Are the mistakes/errors down to fatigue and age. We need to sort this out now.

Possibly. Factor in a congested fixture list and potentially still carrying a knock from Saturday?

We need someone always in the right position to receive the ball and to cover others when they go forward, which he is brilliant at, but at the same time, we can’t afford clangers every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024