Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£640 a year to watch football in the UK 16:03 - Jan 11 with 1052 viewsKeithHaynes

On Amazon Prime, BT sport and Sky if you subscribe to all of them.
Most expensive in the world.

USA second but almost half the price.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 16:52 - Jan 11 with 1001 viewsWhiterockin

Understandable why some use a IPTV. Charge sensibly and less would be tempted.
£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 964 viewsmagicdaps10

Coupled with the gas/electric prices........it doesn't reflect well on the UK as a whole.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 17:25 - Jan 11 with 942 viewsBoundy

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 17:16 - Jan 11 by magicdaps10

Coupled with the gas/electric prices........it doesn't reflect well on the UK as a whole.

RIP off Britain I'm afraid and sadly never was a title so richly deserved . I'm currently waiting for refund from a Company who failed in providing a service which they admit wasn't delivered and promised by leter and phone to refund our money back , this on the 9th December via BAC as they recieved it , we're still waiting.
Or paying over the top for our gas standing charge in which our account is currently over £800 in credit and lo and behold they so far have refyused to give us a refund .
I 'd have no shame if I could rip off a big business then I would with no qualms about doing so

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 18:11 - Jan 11 with 902 viewsshingle

Do not forget about the Boxing ppv every other decent fight is PPV so you pay your subscription and then you have to pay 20 to 30 quid a pop on top every time you want to watch a fight, saying that it is the idiots who pay this PPV that allows it to continue but sadly for the rest of us they will never learn.
£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 19:14 - Jan 11 with 843 viewsdantheswansman

If i could have a package that allowed me to watch all my teams games home and away i would purchase it immediately
Regardless of me going to most home games, having that package wouldn't change my decision to pay and attend the home games
I can do without seeing any other teams play

This nonsense that if it were made available suddenly nobody would attend at the ground is BS
Anyone that has seen their team at the ground knows how amazing the atmosphere is and being able to see them on the TV wont change the preference to go to the ground,
I can already get every home game and away matches on the TV and i still go to the ground because the feeling is unmatched
£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 687 viewsSTID2017

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 19:14 - Jan 11 by dantheswansman

If i could have a package that allowed me to watch all my teams games home and away i would purchase it immediately
Regardless of me going to most home games, having that package wouldn't change my decision to pay and attend the home games
I can do without seeing any other teams play

This nonsense that if it were made available suddenly nobody would attend at the ground is BS
Anyone that has seen their team at the ground knows how amazing the atmosphere is and being able to see them on the TV wont change the preference to go to the ground,
I can already get every home game and away matches on the TV and i still go to the ground because the feeling is unmatched

Agree.
Nothing like being at the game, but would be good to have an option.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 10:53 - Jan 12 with 655 viewsjojaca

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 09:37 - Jan 12 by STID2017

Agree.
Nothing like being at the game, but would be good to have an option.

I subscribe to Sky Sports and Netflix and IPTV for the rest. IPTV can be a pain on times, if it was more bulletproof I wouldn't pay for Sky Sports or Netflix either.

I have also gone tight paying for games outside of season tickets. I won't be attending Bristol City because it will cost £40-£50 for all of us to attend on Tuesday night where I am up for work early following day. I can pick up a stream on IPTV for free and go straight to bed after it.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 10:57]

Even when you know, you never know?

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 12:56 - Jan 12 with 609 viewsmajorraglan

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 17:25 - Jan 11 by Boundy

RIP off Britain I'm afraid and sadly never was a title so richly deserved . I'm currently waiting for refund from a Company who failed in providing a service which they admit wasn't delivered and promised by leter and phone to refund our money back , this on the 9th December via BAC as they recieved it , we're still waiting.
Or paying over the top for our gas standing charge in which our account is currently over £800 in credit and lo and behold they so far have refyused to give us a refund .
I 'd have no shame if I could rip off a big business then I would with no qualms about doing so

Seen similar stories in the newspapers, the advice was to ask them for a refund snd if they refused tell them you’ll report it to Offgem. That seemed to go the trick more often or not.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/check-if
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 12:58]
Login to get fewer ads

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 00:24 - Jan 14 with 467 viewsJack123

The premier league are scum of the highest order, they want to triple charge customers for the product, and they have they the audacity to do this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-strea

Normal stuff is the same, like Cobra Kai sub to netflx, like the Mandolorian disney plus, like Jack Ryan amazon, and no doubt same with apple plus, they have spread any decent series across a multitude of paid for view, so fck em.

libera nos a malo

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 00:53 - Jan 14 with 435 viewsSTID2017

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 00:24 - Jan 14 by Jack123

The premier league are scum of the highest order, they want to triple charge customers for the product, and they have they the audacity to do this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-strea

Normal stuff is the same, like Cobra Kai sub to netflx, like the Mandolorian disney plus, like Jack Ryan amazon, and no doubt same with apple plus, they have spread any decent series across a multitude of paid for view, so fck em.

Exactly.
Previously you could pay one supplier such as Virgin or Sky and due to cooperation between the two could if you so desired legally watch most sports and channels broadcast in the UK.
Now as you say there are a myriad of different service providers.
Sometimes programmes overlap, often as you say they each have series limited to that provider.
1000 homes in the West Midlands being warned they could be prosecuted is a drop in the ocean and realistically with police not having time to tackle serious crime on the streets of the UK as it is, how many "offenders" are they going to physically call on.
More likely they could send out "cease and desist" letters.
This may lead to subscriptions to VPN to increase ?
Scaremongering I think and nothing more.
Even if they did force those with illegall services to stop, do they honestly think it will lead to a massive increase in attendance at matches or even to a rise in subscriptions to the mainstream providers, at a time when many are feeling the effects of a recession and higher fuel costs ?
Not on your Nelly

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 16:16 - Jan 14 with 343 viewsJack123

£640 a year to watch football in the UK on 00:53 - Jan 14 by STID2017

Exactly.
Previously you could pay one supplier such as Virgin or Sky and due to cooperation between the two could if you so desired legally watch most sports and channels broadcast in the UK.
Now as you say there are a myriad of different service providers.
Sometimes programmes overlap, often as you say they each have series limited to that provider.
1000 homes in the West Midlands being warned they could be prosecuted is a drop in the ocean and realistically with police not having time to tackle serious crime on the streets of the UK as it is, how many "offenders" are they going to physically call on.
More likely they could send out "cease and desist" letters.
This may lead to subscriptions to VPN to increase ?
Scaremongering I think and nothing more.
Even if they did force those with illegall services to stop, do they honestly think it will lead to a massive increase in attendance at matches or even to a rise in subscriptions to the mainstream providers, at a time when many are feeling the effects of a recession and higher fuel costs ?
Not on your Nelly

Good post, I was thinking when I read that, when did they change the law? I thought streaming was ok, but downloading and actually owning it was illegal? Like the way I see it, streaming is basically like walking in a shop, reading a magazine and not paying for it.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024