Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managing our mental health 18:15 - Feb 6 with 29355 viewsKeithHaynes

This works. We shouldn’t forget our responsibilities to ourselves.

1. Value yourself:
Treat yourself with kindness and respect, and avoid self-criticism. Make time for your hobbies and favorite projects, or broaden your horizons. Do a daily crossword puzzle, plant a garden, take dance lessons, learn to play an instrument or become fluent in another language.

2. Take care of your body:
Taking care of yourself physically can improve your mental health. Be sure to:
Eat nutritious meals
Avoid smoking and vaping-- see Cessation Help
Drink plenty of water
Exercise, which helps decrease depression and anxiety and improve moods
Get enough sleep. Researchers believe that lack of sleep contributes to a high rate of depression in people.

3. Surround yourself with good people:
People with strong family or social connections are generally healthier than those who lack a support network. Make plans with supportive family members and friends, or seek out activities where you can meet new people, such as a club, class or support group.

4. Give yourself:
Volunteer your time and energy to help someone else. You'll feel good about doing something tangible to help someone in need – and it's a great way to meet new people.

5. Learn how to deal with stress:
Like it or not, stress is a part of life. Practice good coping skills: Try One-Minute Stress Strategies, do Tai Chi, exercise, take a nature walk, play with your pet or try journal writing as a stress reducer. Also, remember to smile and see the humor in life. Research shows that laughter can boost your immune system, ease pain, relax your body and reduce stress.

6. Quiet your mind:
Try meditating, Mindfulness and/or prayer. Relaxation exercises and prayer can improve your state of mind and outlook on life. In fact, research shows that meditation may help you feel calm and enhance the effects of therapy.

7. Set realistic goals:
Decide what you want to achieve academically, professionally and personally, and write down the steps you need to realize your goals. Aim high, but be realistic and don't over-schedule. You'll enjoy a tremendous sense of accomplishment and self-worth as you progress toward your goal.

8. Break up the monotony:
Although our routines make us more efficient and enhance our feelings of security and safety, a little change of pace can perk up a tedious schedule. Alter your jogging route, plan a road-trip, take a walk in a different park, hang some new pictures or try a new restaurant.

9. Avoid alcohol and other drugs:
Keep alcohol use to a minimum and avoid other drugs. Sometimes people use alcohol and other drugs to "self-medicate" but in reality, alcohol and other drugs only aggravate problems.

10. Get help when you need it:
Seeking help is a sign of strength – not a weakness. And it is important to remember that treatment is effective. People who get appropriate care can recover from mental illness and addiction and lead full, rewarding lives.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Managing our mental health on 21:42 - Sep 26 with 2880 viewsRhonddaSwans

Managing our mental health on 18:52 - Sep 4 by trampie

I don't have mental health problems, so have nothing to talk about, but if I did as an adult I would want to talk, as a child I would not want to talk.
Kilkenny is best poster on here.

Trampie maaaate 😂

You can develop a mental illness no matter how hard you are.
It can creep up on you or a disaster can happen.

obviously you must be mentally ill because its known around here that I am the best poster 🧐.

Jokes aside Don't ever ignore mental health WE ALL HAVE IT!
That means you aswell you are only one or two bad choices away from being in crisis.

So just be thankful that you are ok now my freind.
Remember people going through this might just be getting crushed by the weight of their own genius.

Killkeny your posts are really good though! (even though I regard myself as top poster) Don't forgot lads all our posts ,every single one of them helps out Keiths' Charity!

That is more important than a win loss or draw!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 21:46]

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Managing our mental health on 20:05 - Sep 30 with 2729 viewsonehunglow

And remember
You can’t change the world but
You can change the world within you.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Managing our mental health on 20:28 - Oct 2 with 2666 viewsRhonddaSwans

Managing our mental health on 20:05 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

And remember
You can’t change the world but
You can change the world within you.

very wise my friend

Managing our mental health on 09:18 - Oct 12 with 2483 viewsKeithHaynes

Jac Lewis

https://www.bbc.com/sport/wales/67056108

Managing our mental health on 12:08 - Oct 12 with 2470 viewsfbreath

Managing our mental health on 09:18 - Oct 12 by KeithHaynes

Jac Lewis

That's a great thing that the club are involved but why has it been kept so quiet. This is the first time I have heard of the drop in centre on a Friday.

They should be making more noise about it.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Managing our mental health on 09:13 - Oct 15 with 2395 viewstrampie

Managing our mental health on 12:08 - Oct 12 by fbreath

That's a great thing that the club are involved but why has it been kept so quiet. This is the first time I have heard of the drop in centre on a Friday.

They should be making more noise about it.

Yes they should make more noise about it, I never heard of it until this post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Managing our mental health on 09:30 - Oct 15 with 2381 viewstrampie

It's a pity a lot of bullying goes on on this site, this thread is about promoting mental health but unfortunately lots of posters practice bullying on this site, I think they don't like free speech.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Managing our mental health on 12:41 - Oct 15 with 2380 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Managing our mental health on 09:30 - Oct 15 by trampie

It's a pity a lot of bullying goes on on this site, this thread is about promoting mental health but unfortunately lots of posters practice bullying on this site, I think they don't like free speech.

The great thing about social media is that you can turn it off, I often take a break of one or two weeks if I've got a lot going on and find that social media is not helping.
My brother has given it up completely and does not miss it at all.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Managing our mental health on 13:30 - Oct 15 with 2352 viewstrampie

Managing our mental health on 12:41 - Oct 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

The great thing about social media is that you can turn it off, I often take a break of one or two weeks if I've got a lot going on and find that social media is not helping.
My brother has given it up completely and does not miss it at all.

Absolutely, if you look at my posting history I'm sure you would see big gaps .
Here is a thing though, I comment my thoughts on a major World event, something I have followed for decades, documentaries, articles and the like, yet I'm accused of trolling (whatever that is) because I hadn't posted much prior by the sound of it by some that don't like my posts, you can't have a break and post on a major event.
On the sporting front another example, I thought England cricket was hyped out in Pakistan, I thought Pakistan were poor and England won the toss 3 times out of 3, I thought England would not beat Australia in the upcoming Ashes series, Australia go on to retain the Ashes I say there you go perhaps England weren't as good currently at Test cricket as people thought and no doubt some thought that I was trolling because I hadn't posted on cricket for a while , you can't make it up.
The bottom line is the truth hurts sometimes, people have a view that is manipulated by the powers that be whether it's world events or sport and don't like it when somebody goes against the grain and either is proved correct or they start to think there maybe something in what he says, they don't like it it shatters their whole world view and they get nasty and try to bully by not attacking the argument but attacking the person, when I have enough I just attack the person back, fight fire with fire, whatever site can ban me and be left with an echo chamber of people all with the same views, which on this site unfortunately is Wales and all things Welsh is terrible, when I think it's terrible I will say it's terrible but if I don't think it is I will say that it is not.

Managing our mental health on 09:33 - Oct 16 with 2304 viewsTreforys_Jack

Report it then
Managing our mental health on 19:19 - Oct 16 with 2265 viewsKeithHaynes

I see a lot of differing opinions, bullying if it’s perceived as that is easily reported. If it isn’t then the assumption of the moderators unless it’s obvious is that it isn’t bullying. Maybe those who involve themselves in personal attacks from time to time shouldn’t post in that way.

We can of course ban anyone who says anything about any poster to reduce the concerns. You mention ‘ a lot of bullying’ that’s simply not true.

But those who do this and then get feisty when they get it back need to reflect on how it started.

This thread is about mental health, let’s keep it that way.

Edit - If you look back when I wasn’t running this site you will see bullying. Threats of violence and much more. It doesn’t happen now, so if anyone has an issue highlight it to me and please just don’t make generic statements without any proof or evidence. It isn’t helpful.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Managing our mental health on 19:55 - Oct 16 with 2237 viewsKeithHaynes

Back on track. Here are some excellent sites that offer help and guidance for everyone.

https://www.top10.com/online-therapy/rotw-comparison?utm_source=google&kw=i%

Managing our mental health on 20:26 - Oct 16 with 2205 viewsonehunglow

Managing our mental health on 08:56 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

1. You don’t know if you do have mental health issues. Many don’t
Killykenny is the best poster because you agree with him.
My favourite posters are not those with whom I agree but ones that make me think .
We should always be challenging and testing our beliefs .

Nobody can know if they are totally free of mental health issues .
It’s easy to deny them.
Most do it to appear tough and strong when it’s often the case they end up on a noose in a garage .
Not. Nice thing for a child to find a mum or dad in this way .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Managing our mental health on 18:54 - Oct 18 with 2137 viewsSullutaCreturned

Managing our mental health on 20:26 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Nobody can know if they are totally free of mental health issues .
It’s easy to deny them.
Most do it to appear tough and strong when it’s often the case they end up on a noose in a garage .
Not. Nice thing for a child to find a mum or dad in this way .

I dida Rorshach test and here is my result,

You can impartially resolve life problems of life and stay objective. You try to rely more on rational thinking, rather than sensual impulses. You lack some spontaneity in decision-making.

You possess creativity, rich imagination. You are inquisitive and able to think creatively. To find inspiration you often need just to stay alone and look into your inner world.

You are not prone to rapid changes in lifestyle, first prefer to weigh everything carefully, and then get involved in an adventure.
Managing our mental health on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 2069 viewstheloneranger

This video says it all 😢 ...

If it doesn't play first time - press play in bottom right hand corner.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 18:36]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Managing our mental health on 13:53 - Oct 26 with 1943 viewsOptimisticJack

Managing our mental health on 09:18 - Oct 12 by KeithHaynes

Jac Lewis

Jac Lewis foundation is providing an excellent service.
Well done to the Swans for showing great support to such a worthy cause.

Optimisticjack

Managing our mental health on 09:16 - Oct 27 with 1909 viewsOptimisticJack

Managing our mental health on 13:53 - Oct 26 by OptimisticJack

Jac Lewis foundation is providing an excellent service.
Well done to the Swans for showing great support to such a worthy cause.

It's on a Friday morning at the Libery Stadium.
Can't recommend it enough.

Optimisticjack

Managing our mental health on 15:31 - Oct 27 with 1882 viewsKeithHaynes

An update.Please talk to someone quickly if you are suicidal. Anyone, just ask them for help. You have so much to offer, don’t let depression take over your thoughts.

Feeling down, depressed or suicidal ?
You can talk about how you’re feeling with someone you trust. Also, you can call an emotional support helpline like the Samaritans on 116 123.

You can contact your local NHS urgent mental health helpline to get urgent support.

You might also be able to get support from your GP, an NHS crisis team, or an NHS community mental health team.

You can try to do activities you enjoy, which take your mind off what you’re thinking.

If you feel you might harm yourself or try to take your own life you can:
call emergency services on 999, or
go to Accident and Emergency (A&E).

Managing our mental health on 16:43 - Dec 26 with 1162 viewsRhonddaSwans

Managing our mental health on 18:52 - Sep 4 by trampie

I don't have mental health problems, so have nothing to talk about, but if I did as an adult I would want to talk, as a child I would not want to talk.
Kilkenny is best poster on here.

mate might have a mental health problem!

don't make that a big thing.

I don't hate anyone who posts against me I think we are all unique and individual.

Managing our mental health on 16:46 - Dec 26 with 1161 viewsRhonddaSwans

Managing our mental health on 20:07 - Feb 6 by max936

great post, but how do you get enough sleep, I am a terrible sleeper and have been for yrs, think I've just got used to it now, I wake regularly through the night mostly to use the toilet then struggle to get back, if I'm feeling stress full its even worse, with head sweats etc, don't know what to do about it.

Getting enough sleep is easy to say, but hard for those that don't.

4-0 yesssssssss
I love our owners yay 😁!
we are a team on the up!

wow 😮

Managing our mental health on 18:34 - Dec 27 with 1098 viewsRhonddaSwans

Managing our mental health on 15:31 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

An update.Please talk to someone quickly if you are suicidal. Anyone, just ask them for help. You have so much to offer, don’t let depression take over your thoughts.

Feeling down, depressed or suicidal ?
You can talk about how you’re feeling with someone you trust. Also, you can call an emotional support helpline like the Samaritans on 116 123.

You can contact your local NHS urgent mental health helpline to get urgent support.

You might also be able to get support from your GP, an NHS crisis team, or an NHS community mental health team.

You can try to do activities you enjoy, which take your mind off what you’re thinking.

If you feel you might harm yourself or try to take your own life you can:
call emergency services on 999, or
go to Accident and Emergency (A&E).

I thaght this was the southampton match day thread 😂 all jokes aside

seriously should have a thread of its own around this time of year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024