Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin speaks 19:12 - Feb 18 with 2747 viewsKeithHaynes

From the OS.

Russell Martin felt his Swansea City side should have been leaving Ewood Park with at least a point after they suffered more late heartbreak against Blackburn Rovers.

The Swans had much the better of the opening half in Lancashire, with Joel Piroe, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling and Jay Fulton all unable to convert good chances.

The contest was more even after the break, with Andy Fisher making a good stop to deny Ben Brereton Diaz and Ryan Manning clearing a Tyrhys Dolan effort off the line.

But the game looked to be heading for a goalless draw until one defensive lapse saw Dom Hyam’s cross flick through to Daniel Ayala, who bundled in a header at the far post in the final minute of the 90.

And head coach Martin was disappointed to see his young squad come away with nothing for their efforts.

“We should not lose the game, we should be coming away from here with at least a draw,” he said.

"We have some really good chances in the first half, I don't think they had anything of note, but we don't score the first goal again and it keeps the game hanging in the balance.

"In the second half they changed formation and it helped them a little bit. But we didn't show anywhere near enough intensity with the ball.

"The intensity without the ball today was great, even the way we defended, we limited them to very little. The amount of times we regained the ball, the team pressed really well and were really aggressive.

"But we should make the most of it, some of the opportunities we gave ourselves from that position, I don't know how we don't have more shots or a goal, because I think if it's their team with the front three they have, it's probably a different story.

"They score a goal from second phase from a set-piece, it's happened far too much. To lose it is madness really.

“Maybe we would have taken the point and not been happy with what we had, but to lose the game is madness really.

“it's inexcusable, frustrating and really disappointing.”

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin speaks on 21:28 - Feb 19 with 469 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin speaks on 21:14 - Feb 19 by vetchonian

Paterson
Downes
Rhys Williams
Ethan Laird
Cyrus Christie
Fisher
Darling
Hannes Wolf
FInly Burns
Ogebeta
Joe Allen
Wood
FInn Stevens
Luke Cundle
Liam Walsh
Armstrong Oxo Flex
Sorinola

16 players that the owners have spent on since MArtin arrived....yes the value of spend has probably reduced in line with funds available the owners gave him funds yet his "pet transfers" in Fisher, Darling and Sorinola until recently and comments on here spent their time picking up splinters he refused to use Ogebeta and Finn Stevens disnt get a look in and Oxo Flex well what can I say...if io were the owners I wouldnt have even said there funds availble for JAnuary.
Again I dont live in cloud cuckoo land like some on here who beleive that if the manager had different players we would be in a better position but Im am of the opinion another manager will get some backing

So regardless of who Martin had at his disposal,it wouldn’t matter 🤔

Russell Martin speaks on 21:29 - Feb 19 with 467 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin speaks on 21:21 - Feb 19 by Fireboy2

Probably reduced? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Add to that list Obafemi and Natcham

the owners have spent monies .....so they are not tight wads.......maybe Keith you should be posting comments about things like this being said of the owners in the same way peeps are psoting things about Martin all in the case of balance and consistency?

Really FB we dont have the parachute payments or the level of tv income we had so surely if we dont want to go into debt and repeat the happenings following our last fall from the top table back in the 80s so our spend needs to be in level with our means....unfortunately our so called manager has been allowed to fritter some of those funds away

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin speaks on 21:34 - Feb 19 with 441 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin speaks on 21:28 - Feb 19 by KeithHaynes

So regardless of who Martin had at his disposal,it wouldn’t matter 🤔

Possibly not given his managerial abilities

Folks are losing sight of the fact that many of thise on the list of players I posted are Russ's choices several of whom he has worked with before, Laird, Darling Fisher, Sorinola yet these players cant do what MArtin wants? IF so why did he insist on bringing them in?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin speaks on 21:35 - Feb 19 with 438 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin speaks on 21:29 - Feb 19 by vetchonian

the owners have spent monies .....so they are not tight wads.......maybe Keith you should be posting comments about things like this being said of the owners in the same way peeps are psoting things about Martin all in the case of balance and consistency?

Really FB we dont have the parachute payments or the level of tv income we had so surely if we dont want to go into debt and repeat the happenings following our last fall from the top table back in the 80s so our spend needs to be in level with our means....unfortunately our so called manager has been allowed to fritter some of those funds away

Nothing derogatory or personal has been posted.
Maybe you should report it now you’ve been educated on what is and isn’t abuse.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Russell Martin speaks on 22:41 - Feb 19 with 359 viewsswan65split

What I've been seeing lately on the net reporting as two what he has said, ...just reminds me of what managers say not long before they are unemployed.

Seeing more and more now posts everywhere that he should go, its going two be a nervy period before the season ends I think,
Russell Martin speaks on 23:04 - Feb 19 with 342 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin speaks on 21:29 - Feb 19 by vetchonian

RM asks for a replacement keeper following Benda's injury.
It is obvious to all I would think that Fisher was struggling as No1, otherwise Benda would not have been given the slot since September.
Yet RM gets given a keeper with barely any more experience than our Under 21's keeper.
Nothing against either lad or Fisher but we need a more experienced keeper, especially the way we are struggling to keep a clean sheet.
So do you think that shows owners doing all they can ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin speaks on 01:42 - Feb 20 with 302 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin speaks on 23:04 - Feb 19 by STID2017

RM asks for a replacement keeper following Benda's injury.
It is obvious to all I would think that Fisher was struggling as No1, otherwise Benda would not have been given the slot since September.
Yet RM gets given a keeper with barely any more experience than our Under 21's keeper.
Nothing against either lad or Fisher but we need a more experienced keeper, especially the way we are struggling to keep a clean sheet.
So do you think that shows owners doing all they can ?

Benda got the number 1 spot because he earned it.

Martin asked for another keeper because you should always have 3. Our sun keeper was Lewis Webb who just came back from the League of Wales.

We just got that keeper who was a reserve Premier League one and Danish youth International.

Your obsession regarding this point is not normal. Especially since you can’t even point to a single goal he’s cost us.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin speaks on 15:57 - Feb 20 with 240 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin speaks on 22:41 - Feb 19 by swan65split

What I've been seeing lately on the net reporting as two what he has said, ...just reminds me of what managers say not long before they are unemployed.

Seeing more and more now posts everywhere that he should go, its going two be a nervy period before the season ends I think,

I can’t see the next six games giving the support any more confidence than there already is ( and that’s not a lot ) The last four before the international break could all be losses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024