Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Senior League Team 15:15 - Feb 28 with 4330 viewsBenJ94

I posted on the other site thought I’d ask on here as well.

Wondering if anybody could help me or just give me some advice.

I’m interested in entering a team in to the Swansea League, if not next season then the season after that, as once I’ve recovered from a spinal surgery I am due within the next few months, I am hoping to start my coaching badges. It is something I’m committed to doing, but have absolutely no clue on how to go about it, that includes finding a home pitch, getting a kit etc etc so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated, if it’s something someone would like to get more involved with then I’d be more than happy to have people on board.
Swansea Senior League Team on 17:07 - Feb 28 with 3658 viewsSTID2017

For all the contacts of Swansea Senior League go to https://www.swanseaseniorfootballleague.co.uk/contacts
To book pitches, I believe it is done via Swansea City Council directly by phone..
However one of the above contacts could advise you.
Not sure you get a home pitch as such, but could be wrong on that

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea Senior League Team on 17:23 - Feb 28 with 3636 viewsscruffyjack

Where is the team based?
Swansea Senior League Team on 18:19 - Feb 28 with 3596 viewsTreforys_Jack

There hasn't been a more difficult or indeed expensive time to try and start a local football team. Many established clubs have folded over the last few years. However soncere good luck to you. Where are you getting your players from?
Swansea Senior League Team on 19:05 - Feb 28 with 3557 viewsbuilthjack

Probably better taking on a coaching / manager role with an existing team.
The facilities will be there for you.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea Senior League Team on 19:18 - Feb 28 with 3533 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea Senior League Team on 18:19 - Feb 28 by Treforys_Jack

There hasn't been a more difficult or indeed expensive time to try and start a local football team. Many established clubs have folded over the last few years. However soncere good luck to you. Where are you getting your players from?

Russ has a few.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:03 - Feb 28 with 3496 viewsBenJ94

Swansea Senior League Team on 17:23 - Feb 28 by scruffyjack

Where is the team based?

No set destination yet but would hopefully be around Morriston/Landore/Hafod area.
Swansea Senior League Team on 20:09 - Feb 28 with 3491 viewsBenJ94

Swansea Senior League Team on 18:19 - Feb 28 by Treforys_Jack

Truthfully I have no idea how much things would cost, which is why ideally I would like someone who knows what they’re doing on board to help with that side of things. I’ve a few boys who are interested after leaving their previous clubs so sourcing players isn’t much of a worry for me, it’s the actual setting up of the whole things that’s the problem.
Swansea Senior League Team on 20:13 - Feb 28 with 3474 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:09 - Feb 28 by BenJ94

Truthfully I have no idea how much things would cost, which is why ideally I would like someone who knows what they’re doing on board to help with that side of things. I’ve a few boys who are interested after leaving their previous clubs so sourcing players isn’t much of a worry for me, it’s the actual setting up of the whole things that’s the problem.

Check your PM

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:53 - Feb 28 with 3441 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:13 - Feb 28 by KeithHaynes

Check your PM

Have you signed him for Cadiz over 50s ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:55 - Feb 28 with 3437 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:53 - Feb 28 by builthjack

Cadiz do win games 😂👍

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:56 - Feb 28 with 3425 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:53 - Feb 28 by builthjack

Ben's under 30 mate.
Swansea Senior League Team on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 3348 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:56 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Ben's under 30 mate.

As Coach I meant

Swansea Senior League Team on 21:55 - Feb 28 with 3334 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Senior League Team on 21:42 - Feb 28 by builthjack

As Coach I meant

Swansea Senior League Team on 08:59 - Mar 1 with 3256 viewsSTID2017

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:56 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Ben's under 30 mate.

I am only a little over that.
Big paper round in my youth ...

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:01 - Mar 1 with 3235 viewsBenJ94

Also, if anyone is interested in actually playing, the more the merrier 👍
Swansea Senior League Team on 11:06 - Mar 1 with 3227 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:01 - Mar 1 by BenJ94

Also, if anyone is interested in actually playing, the more the merrier 👍

I hung my boots up a few years ago. Last competitive game at 53. I had to go in goal as the goalie pulled out .
We won.

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:28 - Mar 1 with 3217 viewsBenJ94

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:06 - Mar 1 by builthjack

I hung my boots up a few years ago. Last competitive game at 53. I had to go in goal as the goalie pulled out .
We won.

Fair play to you Builthy 👍 My old man was a keeper (as was I when I played up until the start of Covid). He played for Murton Rovers for nearly 20 years I believe, but the whole time he was there, he played with a man called Carl Slee. They had a reunion game in Hereford a few years back, and Carl managed 90 minutes while in to his 70’s, he even give away a last minute penalty if I remember correctly 😂
Swansea Senior League Team on 11:31 - Mar 1 with 3213 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:28 - Mar 1 by BenJ94

Fair play to you Builthy 👍 My old man was a keeper (as was I when I played up until the start of Covid). He played for Murton Rovers for nearly 20 years I believe, but the whole time he was there, he played with a man called Carl Slee. They had a reunion game in Hereford a few years back, and Carl managed 90 minutes while in to his 70’s, he even give away a last minute penalty if I remember correctly 😂

I remember watching Carl Slee nephew of Barrie Hole if I remember correctly. Had a newsagents in the sandfields.
Swansea Senior League Team on 11:39 - Mar 1 with 3208 viewsBenJ94

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:31 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

I remember watching Carl Slee nephew of Barrie Hole if I remember correctly. Had a newsagents in the sandfields.

That’s the one mate, really nice guy as well. He had grey hair when I was a kid and he’s still lasted longer than me 😂
Swansea Senior League Team on 14:11 - Mar 1 with 3152 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:39 - Mar 1 by BenJ94

That’s the one mate, really nice guy as well. He had grey hair when I was a kid and he’s still lasted longer than me 😂

Went onto the mighty Murton Rovers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Slee
Swansea Senior League Team on 09:43 - Mar 2 with 3038 viewsscruffyjack

Swansea Senior League Team on 20:03 - Feb 28 by BenJ94

No set destination yet but would hopefully be around Morriston/Landore/Hafod area.

Based on that you’d be looking at Cwm Level/Tir Canol for home games depending on availability. Ideally you’ll need a pub to run from, who I’m sure would welcome you with open arms.
Kits aren’t cheap, sponsors can help with that, as well as training kit - balls bibs cones etc.

Pitch permits, referee fees, kit wash will cost £100 approx per home match. On top of that you’ll have to book training facilities from at least October to March so you’ll need to budget all that when working out players subs.

PM me if you have any more help.
Swansea Senior League Team on 15:57 - Mar 2 with 2984 viewsBenJ94

Swansea Senior League Team on 09:43 - Mar 2 by scruffyjack

Based on that you’d be looking at Cwm Level/Tir Canol for home games depending on availability. Ideally you’ll need a pub to run from, who I’m sure would welcome you with open arms.
Kits aren’t cheap, sponsors can help with that, as well as training kit - balls bibs cones etc.

Pitch permits, referee fees, kit wash will cost £100 approx per home match. On top of that you’ll have to book training facilities from at least October to March so you’ll need to budget all that when working out players subs.

PM me if you have any more help.

Those 2 were my first choices tbh, but there’s only 2 pitches at Cwmn Level I believe so that might rule it out. Mynydd Newydd is probably the better option, especially as the majority of the boys will be from Penlan/Blaena/Clase area. One of my mates said his local have been interested in running a side from there so that’s an option as well. Thanks mate, any help would be appreciated.
Swansea Senior League Team on 16:43 - Mar 2 with 2972 viewshowenjack

Swansea Senior League Team on 11:31 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

Tony Millington Carl Slee Vic Gomersall Geoff Thomas Brian Evans Dai Gwyther Mel Nurse Herbie Williams
Can't remember the rest
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 16:46]
Swansea Senior League Team on 19:25 - Mar 2 with 2919 viewsSTID2017

Pure Football is £47 5 a side pitch / £57 7 a side pitch.
For training - not cheap but an option

Swansea Senior League Team on 01:11 - Mar 3 with 2863 viewsRobbie

Swansea Senior League Team on 16:43 - Mar 2 by howenjack

Tony Millington Carl Slee Vic Gomersall Geoff Thomas Brian Evans Dai Gwyther Mel Nurse Herbie Williams
Can't remember the rest
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 16:46]

Len Allchurch in front of the North Bank supporters up and down that touchline .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024