Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge chunk of shares been bought today 18:24 - Feb 28 with 7177 viewsFerryjack123

According to companies house, someone on twitter has said it's as much as 6million which would be a huge chunk.. approx 20% of the club
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:33 - Feb 28 with 4541 viewsWhiterockin

£6M would not buy you 20% of the club.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:45 - Feb 28 with 4499 viewsKeithHaynes

Not sure of the figures anyone ( Dr P ) got some info ?

Rumours even three years ago 40 million would buy the club. Trying to do business with the majority owners would be a nightmare mind.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 19:50 - Feb 28 with 4341 viewsandrew

250k shares out of 1.5m total, more like 17%.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 19:53 - Feb 28 with 4329 viewsandrew

250k shares out of 1.5m total, more like 17%.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:16 - Feb 28 with 4272 viewsDr_Winston

Probably Silverstein converting debt.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:38 - Feb 28 with 4203 viewsPrettySheetyCity

The Trust confirmed it was Levien & Co and Jake Silverstein converting more loan notes into shares; so that brings the Club's debt down a further £6million.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:47 - Feb 28 with 4150 viewsKeithHaynes

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:38 - Feb 28 by PrettySheetyCity

The Trust confirmed it was Levien & Co and Jake Silverstein converting more loan notes into shares; so that brings the Club's debt down a further £6million.

Timely.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:14 - Feb 28 with 4066 viewsjojaca

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:47 - Feb 28 by KeithHaynes

Timely.

Ready for new coaching staff.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 21:14]

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:34 - Feb 28 with 4004 viewsBillyChong

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:38 - Feb 28 by PrettySheetyCity

The clubs debt to its own ownership? How kind of them
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:37 - Feb 28 with 3992 viewsDr_Winston

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:34 - Feb 28 by BillyChong

Monies spent paying the likes of Grimes £1m a year and allowing Russy to spend £1.5m on Harry Darling. Yes, very kind. The alternative is of course that they cut spending right back to break even level.

What would people prefer? If I'm honest we're probably paying Grimesey about £15k a week more than he's worth.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 22:02 - Feb 28 with 3930 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is INVESTMENT many sages on here like you and the Chief stated would never happen. It just has as I predicted it would.

The Trust court case narrative collapsed once the convertible loan note was taken because had the Trust won in court the costs paid to the Trust would have come from the unconverted loan note. Silverstein probably explained this to the Trust. The Trust court case fees to be paid to lawyers from the big city would therefore have come from the club's transfer budget and employing local people. Welsh jobs gone to pay (presumably) London bonuses. It stank.

I look after my own affairs create my own wealth and pay my taxes. When someone does good by me I show them respect and love. This include the football team I follow and support Swansea city football club. Huw Jenkins, Mr Morgan and others including Jake Silverstein. "Yanks and sellouts" to many. I saw the state of the Vetch field and the days LoW legend Andrew Mumford was Swansea's best player by a street.

Uncle Sam have fallen for the Martin blather and so did I. It is now absolutely clear Martin must go. He is "kicking the can down the road " and not "sweating the assets". Its always 'jam tomorrow'. Big money players like Grimes and Ntcham are not earning their corn and should be driving this team forward as you would expect from big money players. As Billy Ocean sang "when the going gets tough......... Swansea city wilt".

I do not want to see a reasonable calm Martin showing love and concern for the players. I want to see anger not anxiety. Group anger and steely determination and discipline.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 22:10]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 07:49 - Mar 1 with 3682 viewscadleigh

Key point for me is that this COULD explain why the Board have apparently been oblivious to the fact that Martin is steering the ship towards a gigantic iceberg. I’ve never done a multi-million pound share deal myself but I imagine it is quite time-consuming and distracting. Now it’s done, let’s hope Silverstein (who seems our best hope of an adult in the room) focuses on what’s happening on the pitch - and the stands - and acts before it is too late.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 09:02 - Mar 1 with 3617 viewsBadlands

32% is owned by the Trust and individuals …. How much have they contributed?
It should be noted the Trust share figure will be reduced but can not go lower than 5% unless sold. So 21% to possibly 5% great work The Trust.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 09:10 - Mar 1 with 3580 viewsDr_Parnassus

Amazed how this hasn’t garnered widespread praise.

People have been wanting this sort of thing for years. Owners putting millions of pounds in and writing the debt off as far as the club is concerned.

Never in our history have we had this.

Makes me think they are damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Literally can’t win.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 09:36 - Mar 1 with 3558 viewsonehunglow

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 22:02 - Feb 28 by ReslovenSwan1

It is INVESTMENT many sages on here like you and the Chief stated would never happen. It just has as I predicted it would.

The Trust court case narrative collapsed once the convertible loan note was taken because had the Trust won in court the costs paid to the Trust would have come from the unconverted loan note. Silverstein probably explained this to the Trust. The Trust court case fees to be paid to lawyers from the big city would therefore have come from the club's transfer budget and employing local people. Welsh jobs gone to pay (presumably) London bonuses. It stank.

I look after my own affairs create my own wealth and pay my taxes. When someone does good by me I show them respect and love. This include the football team I follow and support Swansea city football club. Huw Jenkins, Mr Morgan and others including Jake Silverstein. "Yanks and sellouts" to many. I saw the state of the Vetch field and the days LoW legend Andrew Mumford was Swansea's best player by a street.

Uncle Sam have fallen for the Martin blather and so did I. It is now absolutely clear Martin must go. He is "kicking the can down the road " and not "sweating the assets". Its always 'jam tomorrow'. Big money players like Grimes and Ntcham are not earning their corn and should be driving this team forward as you would expect from big money players. As Billy Ocean sang "when the going gets tough......... Swansea city wilt".

I do not want to see a reasonable calm Martin showing love and concern for the players. I want to see anger not anxiety. Group anger and steely determination and discipline.

We’ve disagreed often but that is so much how I feel.
It’s “ positive” his mask ,his veneer of niceness has dropped .
He clearly has contempt for some players and unfettered love for Grimes . It is embarrassing ,almost as much as :Matty strolling around,his team losing ,passing 5e ball backwards at every turn whilst the opponents simply wait for him to pass them the ball. In the last game ,he did so within 30 seconds . 30 seconds.

Fans have the final say and what we need to do now is staring us in the face . A tap in really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 09:58 - Mar 1 with 3529 viewspete

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 07:49 - Mar 1 by cadleigh

Key point for me is that this COULD explain why the Board have apparently been oblivious to the fact that Martin is steering the ship towards a gigantic iceberg. I’ve never done a multi-million pound share deal myself but I imagine it is quite time-consuming and distracting. Now it’s done, let’s hope Silverstein (who seems our best hope of an adult in the room) focuses on what’s happening on the pitch - and the stands - and acts before it is too late.

Morning Cadleigh, must agree with your comment re Mr Silverstein he is deff the best of a bad bunch hope like you things have not gone too far
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:13 - Mar 1 with 3516 viewsguthrieintherain

Moan if they dont spend
Moan if they run it sustainably
Moan if they spend too much.

Its the Swansea way.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:09 - Mar 1 with 3394 viewsBadlands

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:13 - Mar 1 by guthrieintherain

Moan if they dont spend
Moan if they run it sustainably
Moan if they spend too much.

Its the Swansea way.

Isn't just.
So many fans desperate for the club to fail so they can say, 'I told you so.'
Even when we won the langue cup the moaners were saying it was only Bradford, Laudrup should go, we need to spend big and then whined because we did.

WoL reporting
The agreement means the Supporters' Trust shareholding will drop from 16 per cent to 13.1 per cent, although the club's debt has subsequently been reduced.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-receive-
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 13:12]

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:10 - Mar 1 with 3278 viewsKeithHaynes

I would imagine the trust shares being diluted won’t bother too many people.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:37 - Mar 1 with 3247 viewsguthrieintherain

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:10 - Mar 1 by KeithHaynes

Makes not a single jot of difference

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:45 - Mar 1 with 3224 viewsWhiterockin

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:10 - Mar 1 by KeithHaynes

The trust are a non entity to the majority of supporters now.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:47 - Mar 1 with 3211 viewsBadlands

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:45 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

The trust are a non entity to the majority of supporters now.

It has been for years.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:53 - Mar 1 with 3195 viewsWhiterockin

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:47 - Mar 1 by Badlands

It has been for years.

Exactly. The day they refused to act on the members vote they were finished a a democratic supporters group.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 16:36 - Mar 1 with 3149 viewsKeithHaynes

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:37 - Mar 1 by guthrieintherain

Makes not a single jot of difference

To who ?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 3107 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 22:02 - Feb 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Yet another pointless anti trust rant about time you gave it up. Taking expensive legal action when you only ever have a 50% chance of winning. The only people to make money are the lawyers.

Good to see another £6 million invested in the club by our owners which makes £16 million in just over 13 months.

Rather puts to bed that the owners are taking money out of the club

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024