Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update 11:34 - Apr 2 with 12581 viewsNotLoyal

A packed house ?
A positive house ?
Possibly both are a yes, probably both are a no.

It’s the easter bunny Good Friday munch off with several people as usual waiting to piss on Russell Martin’s parade.

The remarkable Swansea City record against Coventry City 3rd Apr 2023 14:58
This Friday see’s the Swans and Sky Blues face off against each other in the Sky Bet Championship. It’s a 3pm kick off this Good Friday and the remarkable statistic is that in the last fourteen meetings Swansea have either won or drawn against Coventry City. In fact it was fifteen games ago that Coventry last beat the Swans. 0

Russell Martin : I really hope it’s not after the Lord Mayors show today 7th Apr 2023 08:00
Russell Martin is delighted with the impact the last two results have had on the Swansea City support and his squad of players. Despite the ever decreasing dissenting voices and the loudness of the few the Swans today have an opportunity to take on very decent opposition in front of what is close to becoming a sell out crowd at the Swansea.Com Stadium. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Coventry City + Report 7th Apr 2023 10:25
The Swans have no injury worries as such and could well go with the same side that started against Cardiff City and Bristol City, however, training patterns do indicate possibly one or two squad changes. That could be in midfield, however it will be as close to the side last time out against Cardiff City. We would see Olivier Ntcham as potentially the only change. 0

Swansea City 0 Coventry City 0 : The improvement continues ! 8th Apr 2023 13:25
We are always looking for new ways to explain a game or get some more valuable insight in to why a result went a specific way. This time we look at our own stats and that of WhoScored.Com to review yesterdays 0-0 draw with Coventry City. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:31 - Apr 5 with 2158 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:28 - Apr 5 by Whiterockin

Yes but Benda saved us points Fisher does not.

Not enough points to make that much of a difference.

Until Russy learns how to organise a back line, or to be blunt, completely ditches the way he wants to play in order to avoid putting so much pressure on it we will always be on the outside looking in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:49 - Apr 6 with 2063 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:28 - Apr 5 by Whiterockin

Yes but Benda saved us points Fisher does not.

Would be interesting to see the stats for when Benda or Fisher plays.

Goals conceded point gained for each goal keeper.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 07:04 - Apr 6 with 2055 viewsbuilthjack

I was told last night that only 400 tickets remain available

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 08:11 - Apr 6 with 2022 viewsDr_Winston

Prior to Benda's injury we had won one game in thirteen since the first Derby, conceding eighteen goals in the process. Since his injury we've won three games in eleven, conceding twenty one goals.

Much of a muchness really. The keeper is not the major issue.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:18 - Apr 6 with 1975 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 08:11 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Prior to Benda's injury we had won one game in thirteen since the first Derby, conceding eighteen goals in the process. Since his injury we've won three games in eleven, conceding twenty one goals.

Goal keeping stats

Fisher P 17 W4 D3 L10 goals conceded 31 points 15
Goals conceded per game 1.82 points per game 0.88

Benda P 22 W9 D7 L6 goals conceded 26 points 34
Goals conceded per game 1.18 point per game 1.55

On those stats if Benda had played all 39 matches we would have had 60.5 points and would be 7th in table.
If Fisher had played all 39 games we would have had 34.3 points and would be bottom of the table.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:31 - Apr 6 with 1952 viewsDr_Winston

You're making the increasingly common mistake of assuming that stats tell you the full picture. Which is of course utterly nonsensical, especially when extrapolated across an entire season. They don't factor in opposition played, mistakes by other players, defenders available. There's absolutely no context, and without context numbers are worthless.

Is Fisher a particularly good keeper? No. You don't need stats to realise that. You just need to watch him play. Would Benda really be the difference between our current position and a playoff spot? Obviously not, you just need to watch us defend.

The teams performances over the last twelve months or so have been mostly rubbish regardless of who was between the sticks. Benda is better, but not by enough to make that kind of difference. We could have Buffon in goal and we'd still concede shedloads.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:32 - Apr 6 with 1959 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 08:11 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this one. We are all entitled to opinions and mine is Fisher is just a crap keeper and at fault for many of the goals we concede. He is a terrible shot stopper, has poor positioning, doesn't comand his area and has no balls to go in where it hurts.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:34 - Apr 6 with 1958 viewsfelixstowe_jack

In the 12 games between the first Derby and his injury
We play 12 games Won 2 drew 6 lost 4.
Our two wins not one were Sunderland away Watford at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:39 - Apr 6 with 1931 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:32 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this one. We are all entitled to opinions and mine is Fisher is just a crap keeper and at fault for many of the goals we concede. He is a terrible shot stopper, has poor positioning, doesn't comand his area and has no balls to go in where it hurts.

I'm not arguing that Fisher is a great keeper. I'm arguing that even if Benda was available the team would be nowhere near the playoffs. We were on a terrible run of form long before he got injured, and he'd even started making a few mistakes of his own.

There are deep, systemic issues with the way the team defends. Issues that don't start and end with the keeper.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:43 - Apr 6 with 1912 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:32 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

It is incredible anyone defends anything Fishy does
He lacks technique
He lacks size
He lacks strength
He lacks bottle
He is an appalling shot stopped,doesn’t command his defenders or organise them,particularly at corners which he leaves others to sort out.
A disastrous buy and a real millstone around our neck
No other player in recent times has cost us .

I’m sure he s a lovely chap though,gives to charity ,and is kind to animals .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:50 - Apr 6 with 1919 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:39 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

I'm not arguing that Fisher is a great keeper. I'm arguing that even if Benda was available the team would be nowhere near the playoffs. We were on a terrible run of form long before he got injured, and he'd even started making a few mistakes of his own.

There are deep, systemic issues with the way the team defends. Issues that don't start and end with the keeper.

Fair enough. We should never play a back 3 with the players we have. Playing a back 4 is much better although Darling is out of position, he is better than any other options we have. In the summer we need strengthen the full backs and keeper and our defence will be fine.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:56 - Apr 6 with 1904 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:50 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

Fair enough. We should never play a back 3 with the players we have. Playing a back 4 is much better although Darling is out of position, he is better than any other options we have. In the summer we need strengthen the full backs and keeper and our defence will be fine.

A back four is better than a back three for sure. I've never liked three at the back, and when you play that with the kind of dithering in defence that we're prone to then it's just asking for trouble.

The problem is and always has been that Russy knows full well that his preferred way of playing is ineffective yet even after a run of better results we always revert back to it. We always invite teams onto us late on if we're winning, and many other screamingly frustrating mistakes that we keep making time and time again.

Fisher is a problem, but far from the biggest.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 10:57 - Apr 6 with 1866 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:39 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

Coventry returned tickets ?

Edit, hardly any left now.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Another batch of tickets released this morning in the NU1 section with plenty of seats next to each other. This area is usually kept clear for segregation.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 14:12 - Apr 6 with 1791 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 10:57 - Apr 6 by felixstowe_jack

Another batch of tickets released this morning in the NU1 section with plenty of seats next to each other. This area is usually kept clear for segregation.

NU1 has sold out. Tickets are now available In NU2 about 200 seats next to each other.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:02 - Apr 7 with 1533 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : I really hope it’s not after the Lord Mayors show today 7th Apr 2023 08:00
Russell Martin is delighted with the impact the last two results have had on the Swansea City support and his squad of players. Despite the ever decreasing dissenting voices and the loudness of the few the Swans today have an opportunity to take on very decent opposition in front of what is close to becoming a sell out crowd at the Swansea.Com Stadium. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 10:38 - Apr 7 with 1484 viewsKeithHaynes

The Swans have no injury worries as such and could well go with the same side that started against Cardiff City and Bristol City, however, training patterns do indicate possibly one or two squad changes. That could be in midfield, however it will be as close to the side last time out against Cardiff City. We would see Olivier Ntcham as potentially the only change. 0

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 1465 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 10:38 - Apr 7 by KeithHaynes

Could Ramadan be an issue for Ntcham.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 12:38 - Apr 7 with 1362 viewsKeithHaynes

Still a couple of hundred tickets left.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 13:13 - Apr 7 with 1319 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Gutted I got to work will someone remember to shout come on my lovely boys! Every game since I heard that and have shouted it the lads score and play well...... also someone touch the boot for me ....... NICE ONE YJB
COME ON THE SWANS NICE 5-3.
PIROE , CULLEN, DARLING , PIROE and manning in that order 😆
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 13:14]
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 13:17 - Apr 7 with 1312 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 13:13 - Apr 7 by Rhonnda_Jack

Gutted I got to work will someone remember to shout come on my lovely boys! Every game since I heard that and have shouted it the lads score and play well...... also someone touch the boot for me ....... NICE ONE YJB
COME ON THE SWANS NICE 5-3.
PIROE , CULLEN, DARLING , PIROE and manning in that order 😆
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 13:14]

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 14:12 - Apr 7 with 1222 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Harry Darling, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Luke Cundle, Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham; Liam Walsh; Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Jamie Paterson, Morgan Whittaker, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper.

Coventry City: Ben Wilson, Callum Doyle, Kyle McFadzean (captain), Brooke Norton-Cuffy, Jamie Allen, Josh Wilson-Esbrand, Ben Sheaf, Luke McNally, Viktor Gyokeres, Josh Eccles, Gustavo Hamer.

Substitutes: Simon Moore, Jonathan Panzo, Tyler Walker, Fankaty Dabo, Matty Godden, Jake Bidwell, Ryan Howley

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 14:18 - Apr 7 with 1199 viewsKeithHaynes

Third game unchanged.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 15:34 - Apr 7 with 1050 viewsunion_jack

Back to normal. Plenty of the ball, neat little passes, few chances.

We are committing a lot of fouls

Well saved Fisher!!!!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 15:35 - Apr 7 with 1037 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 15:34 - Apr 7 by union_jack

Well saved Fisher!!!!!!

More positivity going forwards but it’s better.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 15:36 - Apr 7 with 1030 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 15:34 - Apr 7 by union_jack

Well saved Fisher!!!!!!

Manning playing as if he doesn’t care. Two bad mis-passes, one bringing Fisher into action.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024