Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update 11:34 - Apr 2 with 12796 viewsNotLoyal

A packed house ?
A positive house ?
Possibly both are a yes, probably both are a no.

It’s the easter bunny Good Friday munch off with several people as usual waiting to piss on Russell Martin’s parade.

The remarkable Swansea City record against Coventry City 3rd Apr 2023 14:58
This Friday see’s the Swans and Sky Blues face off against each other in the Sky Bet Championship. It’s a 3pm kick off this Good Friday and the remarkable statistic is that in the last fourteen meetings Swansea have either won or drawn against Coventry City. In fact it was fifteen games ago that Coventry last beat the Swans. 0

Russell Martin : I really hope it’s not after the Lord Mayors show today 7th Apr 2023 08:00
Russell Martin is delighted with the impact the last two results have had on the Swansea City support and his squad of players. Despite the ever decreasing dissenting voices and the loudness of the few the Swans today have an opportunity to take on very decent opposition in front of what is close to becoming a sell out crowd at the Swansea.Com Stadium. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Coventry City + Report 7th Apr 2023 10:25
The Swans have no injury worries as such and could well go with the same side that started against Cardiff City and Bristol City, however, training patterns do indicate possibly one or two squad changes. That could be in midfield, however it will be as close to the side last time out against Cardiff City. We would see Olivier Ntcham as potentially the only change. 0

Swansea City 0 Coventry City 0 : The improvement continues ! 8th Apr 2023 13:25
We are always looking for new ways to explain a game or get some more valuable insight in to why a result went a specific way. This time we look at our own stats and that of WhoScored.Com to review yesterdays 0-0 draw with Coventry City. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:31 - Apr 7 with 1840 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:23 - Apr 7 by max936

I thought yesterday was a Friday to

Would say I'm going loopy, but that happened a long time ago

Time to hit the Lidl bargain bin mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:53 - Apr 7 with 1752 viewsWhiterockin

A very entertaining game that either side could have won if they took their chances. Fisher had a good game let's hope he gets confidence from this and keeps it up. Piroe showed he is nowhere near a top level striker, he should have buried his chances today.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:57 - Apr 7 with 1736 viewslifelong

Excellent game which could have gone either way, Coventry are a decent side, draw a fair result.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:58 - Apr 7 with 1736 viewsmagicdaps10

Enjoyed that today, Coventry are a decent team and we went toe to toe with them.

Both teams could argue they could have won today. Very encouraged by our defence today, Wood seems to be stepping up since his U21 call up.

Decent day today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:58 - Apr 7 with 1732 viewsDr_Winston

The lack of pace in our side told today, both in terms of player attributes and tactically. We were far too slow moving the ball through midfield and the few times we did it quickly a well organised Coventry side had to scramble. When we just passed it around they were happy to sit back and let us do it because we posed no threat whatsoever. The sheer number of times players turned back when they could have turned forward was bonkers.

On the plus side we're clearly more solid with a back four so I'd expect that to change back to a three within the next game or two.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:03]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 18:00 - Apr 7 with 1710 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:43 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

It is incredible anyone defends anything Fishy does
He lacks technique
He lacks size
He lacks strength
He lacks bottle
He is an appalling shot stopped,doesn’t command his defenders or organise them,particularly at corners which he leaves others to sort out.
A disastrous buy and a real millstone around our neck
No other player in recent times has cost us .

I’m sure he s a lovely chap though,gives to charity ,and is kind to animals .

Would you have Woodman back ?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 18:19 - Apr 7 with 1622 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 09:43 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

It is incredible anyone defends anything Fishy does
He lacks technique
He lacks size
He lacks strength
He lacks bottle
He is an appalling shot stopped,doesn’t command his defenders or organise them,particularly at corners which he leaves others to sort out.
A disastrous buy and a real millstone around our neck
No other player in recent times has cost us .

I’m sure he s a lovely chap though,gives to charity ,and is kind to animals .

He was excellent today… MOTM.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:01 - Apr 7 with 1514 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 16:01 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Cardiff showing the Swans how it is done, 0:3 up at HT.

The team that should be started v you lot…..
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:03 - Apr 7 with 1505 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:01 - Apr 7 by bennytheblue

The team that should be started v you lot…..

Woulda coulda shoulda 😉

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:05 - Apr 7 with 1490 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:03 - Apr 7 by KeithHaynes

Woulda coulda shoulda 😉

Didna

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 19:57 - Apr 7 with 1374 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 18:19 - Apr 7 by lifelong

He was much better though ,outstanding ?
I’m not interested in old spats btw.
I asked you how long we d been at it.
You didn’t reply
End

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:13 - Apr 7 with 1331 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 15:49 - Apr 7 by union_jack

Missed that, what happened?

Bump

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:27 - Apr 7 with 1307 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:13 - Apr 7 by union_jack

Bump

Fisticuffs.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 1283 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 18:19 - Apr 7 by lifelong

Excellent???.just dine the basics what he's paid to. do..
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:38 - Apr 7 with 1272 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:53 - Apr 7 by Whiterockin

A very entertaining game that either side could have won if they took their chances. Fisher had a good game let's hope he gets confidence from this and keeps it up. Piroe showed he is nowhere near a top level striker, he should have buried his chances today.

Pirie is z quality striker at this level..s ored 15 goals so far this season in a struggling team 20 odd last season in mid table team..given the chance who knows what he could do at top level..
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:46 - Apr 7 with 1252 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 17:57 - Apr 7 by lifelong

Excellent game which could have gone either way, Coventry are a decent side, draw a fair result.

I said the same.

An enjoyable game, even though Cov had the best 2 chances.
Our Swans played very well…. walsh, olivier, and grimes all having lots of touches.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:15 - Apr 7 with 1182 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 20:38 - Apr 7 by angryjack

Pirie is z quality striker at this level..s ored 15 goals so far this season in a struggling team 20 odd last season in mid table team..given the chance who knows what he could do at top level..

Note the top level mentioned, he can't head the ball and he misses too many chances to play at the top level. Up until now nobody has come in for him, even though some have said that he does not get on with the manager and wants away. Time will tell, but I think he has found his level.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:20 - Apr 7 with 1151 viewsWhiterockin

Special mention for Cabango today who had Gyokeres in his pocket all afternoon.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 1121 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:20 - Apr 7 by Whiterockin

Special mention for Cabango today who had Gyokeres in his pocket all afternoon.

😂

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:52 - Apr 7 with 1050 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:15 - Apr 7 by Whiterockin

Note the top level mentioned, he can't head the ball and he misses too many chances to play at the top level. Up until now nobody has come in for him, even though some have said that he does not get on with the manager and wants away. Time will tell, but I think he has found his level.

" even though some have said that he does not get on with the manager and wants away."

That's what happens with ones who think they're in the know, players and manager's disagree all the time and they get over it, its the nature of the game.

Obafemi was supposed to have hated Martin, yet said that the Manager had been brilliant with him, funny that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 22:46 - Apr 7 with 959 viewsSTID2017

Undoubtedly MOTM

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 23:55 - Apr 7 with 907 viewscontroversial_jack

Dreadfull performance I struggled to stay awake
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 04:45 - Apr 8 with 834 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 21:15 - Apr 7 by Whiterockin

What a load b@llox,you don't have to be good in air to play top level,gary lineker used duck out headers ,mo salah is no prolific 7 I think with head,Craig Bellamy Dean Saunders,just to name a few of "top my head"..so where you get that logic from..he's a good player ..
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 07:53 - Apr 8 with 761 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 04:45 - Apr 8 by angryjack

What a load b@llox,you don't have to be good in air to play top level,gary lineker used duck out headers ,mo salah is no prolific 7 I think with head,Craig Bellamy Dean Saunders,just to name a few of "top my head"..so where you get that logic from..he's a good player ..

I think the players you mentioned are in a tad better class than piroe, if piroe was that good he would be snapped up by a PL side by now.

Also, for a striker as tall as piroe he should be able to score goals with his head, if he could score with his he would definitely be playing PL.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 08:18 - Apr 8 with 740 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MON Update on 07:53 - Apr 8 by Fireboy2

I think the players you mentioned are in a tad better class than piroe, if piroe was that good he would be snapped up by a PL side by now.

Also, for a striker as tall as piroe he should be able to score goals with his head, if he could score with his he would definitely be playing PL.

I'm just saying you don't have to be good with your head to play in premier league as he stated...as there are loads centre forwards not good with their head..he's playing in a mid to bottom half team and still got a good goalscoring record,if I'm a team at top I think he would score more..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024