Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There’s a new chairman in town 17:21 - May 5 with 5482 viewsAguycalledJack

Andy coleman
There’s a new chairman in town on 17:32 - May 5 with 4262 viewsKeithHaynes

New investor, he’s mustard apparently.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:36 - May 5 with 4203 viewsDr_Parnassus

VERY competent guy, incredibly sharp.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:39 - May 5 with 4221 viewsQJumpingJack

Didn't Pearlman come from DC United?
There’s a new chairman in town on 17:39 - May 5 with 4220 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:36 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

VERY competent guy, incredibly sharp.

Tasty and not Ham fisted, but will he fit in the Marsh / Winter Sandwich ?

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:50 - May 5 with 4155 viewsDr_Winston

"We play an exciting brand of football under a terrific young head coach in Russell Martin"

Judgement already in question.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:53 - May 5 with 4132 viewsWhiterockin

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:50 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

"We play an exciting brand of football under a terrific young head coach in Russell Martin"

Judgement already in question.

New contract incoming.
There’s a new chairman in town on 17:56 - May 5 with 4092 viewsDr_Winston

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:53 - May 5 by Whiterockin

New contract incoming.

Probably.

Truly staggering how someone can deliver such mediocre performance and get lauded/rewarded for it. He must have the same agent as Martinez.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:58 - May 5 with 4053 viewsDr_Parnassus

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:56 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

Probably.

Truly staggering how someone can deliver such mediocre performance and get lauded/rewarded for it. He must have the same agent as Martinez.

It won’t be up to Coleman, he’s just chairman.

The footballing decisions will be driven by the Sporting Director.

Login to get fewer ads

There’s a new chairman in town on 18:43 - May 5 with 3963 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:58 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

It won’t be up to Coleman, he’s just chairman.

The footballing decisions will be driven by the Sporting Director.

These titles are crazy, do you mean Watson ?

There’s a new chairman in town on 20:49 - May 5 with 3780 viewsReslovenSwan1

There’s a new chairman in town on 17:56 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

Probably.

New dawn need start fresh wind of change and then out of the blue

"Naghts deserves a new contract". The first test for Watson.

What do Wasiri Williams, Brandon Cooper think of that? Do not unpack the suitcase I reckon. Kai Ludvigsen?

He cannot get in this modest Mid table team created by Martin. It is not a charity for good people a but a club needing hard focused hungry talented footballers. One manager favourite in Lartibeaudree is enough but not two who struggle massively at times.

Wise sage since Toshack era

There’s a new chairman in town on 21:59 - May 5 with 3655 viewsThrasher6

There’s a new chairman in town on 18:43 - May 5 by KeithHaynes

Image of Holmes...with pipe in hand...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

There’s a new chairman in town on 22:02 - May 5 with 3628 viewsDr_Parnassus

There’s a new chairman in town on 18:43 - May 5 by KeithHaynes

Watson will be similar to a traditional DoF.

Chairmen don’t tend to make the footballing decisions with a SD in situ, we are used to chairmen doing that sort of thing simply because of Huw Jenkins who acted as both in tandem.

Coleman will be responsible for maintaining the relationships between stakeholders and ensuring the club is running efficiently day to day.

Watson will be key in the player acquisition, footballing direction and chief negotiator in and out. Then the wider ownership group will be overseeing it all and ensuring everyone is doing as they should.

Both come with excellent track records in all of the above, future is bright.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 22:03]

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:03 - May 5 with 3530 viewsThrasher6

There’s a new chairman in town on 22:02 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Chairmen don’t tend to make the footballing decisions with a SD in situ, we are used to chairmen doing that sort of thing simply because of Huw Jenkins who acted as both in tandem.

Coleman will be responsible for maintaining the relationships between stakeholders and ensuring the club is running efficiently day to day.

Watson will be key in the player acquisition, footballing direction and chief negotiator in and out. Then the wider ownership group will be overseeing it all and ensuring everyone is doing as they should.

It is exciting....I like Nigel Morris as well being on board as well. A serious player in business. Hopefully the future could be bright.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:12 - May 5 with 3504 viewsBadlands

Much approval for the incoming group who really are venture capitalists, as apposed to the Consortium leaders who were simply businessmen and sports fans.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:13 - May 5 with 3501 viewsSTID2017

There’s a new chairman in town on 22:02 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Hope Watson makes himself at Holme(s)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:13 - May 5 with 3486 viewsDr_Parnassus

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:12 - May 5 by Badlands

Much approval for the incoming group who really are venture capitalists, as apposed to the Consortium leaders who were simply businessmen and sports fans.

Venture capitalists and consortiums are the same thing in essence.

Huw Jenkins was part of a consortium who improved the club and sold it, that’s venture capitalism.

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:47 - May 5 with 3447 viewsReslovenSwan1

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:13 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Venture capitalists and consortiums are the same thing in essence.

Huw Jenkins was part of a consortium who improved the club and sold it, that’s venture capitalism.

The previous ownership were cast as humble local people with the club foremost in their concern and personal gain a secondary consideration. This was a fake characterisation.

Neither Mr Katzan nor his French business partner were fans. They were and probably still are Venture capitalists. One big success like Swansea can cover for several dud investments. One was a rugby fan. Dutch guy had a profitable punt.

It was surprising they stayed with the club so long but the timing the exit was optimal. The club finances were starting to creak. Jenkins flag-posted it with the sale of Shelvey but no one took any notice.

Jenkins and co did not improve the club. The club was completely rebuilt from the ashes of the Vetch which i contest was a health and safety hazard.

They did not cut and run and fill their pockets. They built slowly and left a lasting legacy to the city in playing and coaching staff academy and top notch infrastructure. They deserve huge credit but are not getting it off the fans. It is a disgrace and suggests to me a lack of basic decency . The ending was unsatisfactory but most empires /eras end badly.

Fans like owners to lose money not make money. Owners like Steve Gibson at Middlesborough. He has lost a fortune and put the club ab head of his own family. Bet365 are no doubt popular in Stoke. Neither team over the last 20 years has won a trophy or done better than Swansea. If Boro fail to get promotion both clubs start level with Swansea in August.

The new investors are buying cheap shares hoping to see a 10x multiple with promotion. Promotion is possible with a £10m transfer budget in a depressed transfer market, a sold basic playing squad a good philosophy and a thriving academy. Naughton and Latibeaudiere is probably not what the new owners want to see in new signings.

The signs are very good. My main concern is the focus of the manager for points and promotion. There should have been a desperation to win at Hull. It was his first "critical " 'win or bust' game and he failed the rehearsal. Talk of given Naughton a new deal seems like a sentimental reward for a loyal player no longer at Championship standard depriving a youngster of an opportunity that is.

With modest cash Ogbene, Key, Drameh, Philognene, Cannon come into range along with some very decent loan signings. These are player I have heard of and seen play and many more I have not. Piroe and Manning can also be prepared to sign knowing the club has "ambition" (cash)

Wise sage since Toshack era

There’s a new chairman in town on 08:05 - May 6 with 3301 viewssw02sea

Another Chris Pearlman, Remember him ?
He was brought in (by his American buddies) as C.O.O on £500,000 pa to bring in additional commercial revenues.
His one achievement?
Opening a club shop in Union st, only to close after not very long.
Now we have Pearlman mark 2, saying how much he loves the City, and how wonderful the people.
I wonder how long this one will lasts, before he leaves with a very heavy heart, after pocketing a sizeable wedge (from his America buddies) 💰💰💰
There’s a new chairman in town on 08:28 - May 6 with 3260 viewsDr_Parnassus

There’s a new chairman in town on 08:05 - May 6 by sw02sea

Another Chris Pearlman, Remember him ?
He was brought in (by his American buddies) as C.O.O on £500,000 pa to bring in additional commercial revenues.
His one achievement?
Opening a club shop in Union st, only to close after not very long.
Now we have Pearlman mark 2, saying how much he loves the City, and how wonderful the people.
I wonder how long this one will lasts, before he leaves with a very heavy heart, after pocketing a sizeable wedge (from his America buddies) 💰💰💰

Just because someone is from the same country it doesn’t mean they have the same skills.

Otherwise why don’t we fill our side with Argentines, they must all be like Messi right?

There’s a new chairman in town on 08:46 - May 6 with 3253 viewssw02sea

There’s a new chairman in town on 23:47 - May 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The previous ownership were cast as humble local people with the club foremost in their concern and personal gain a secondary consideration. This was a fake characterisation.

Neither Mr Katzan nor his French business partner were fans. They were and probably still are Venture capitalists. One big success like Swansea can cover for several dud investments. One was a rugby fan. Dutch guy had a profitable punt.

It was surprising they stayed with the club so long but the timing the exit was optimal. The club finances were starting to creak. Jenkins flag-posted it with the sale of Shelvey but no one took any notice.

Jenkins and co did not improve the club. The club was completely rebuilt from the ashes of the Vetch which i contest was a health and safety hazard.

They did not cut and run and fill their pockets. They built slowly and left a lasting legacy to the city in playing and coaching staff academy and top notch infrastructure. They deserve huge credit but are not getting it off the fans. It is a disgrace and suggests to me a lack of basic decency . The ending was unsatisfactory but most empires /eras end badly.

Fans like owners to lose money not make money. Owners like Steve Gibson at Middlesborough. He has lost a fortune and put the club ab head of his own family. Bet365 are no doubt popular in Stoke. Neither team over the last 20 years has won a trophy or done better than Swansea. If Boro fail to get promotion both clubs start level with Swansea in August.

The new investors are buying cheap shares hoping to see a 10x multiple with promotion. Promotion is possible with a £10m transfer budget in a depressed transfer market, a sold basic playing squad a good philosophy and a thriving academy. Naughton and Latibeaudiere is probably not what the new owners want to see in new signings.

The signs are very good. My main concern is the focus of the manager for points and promotion. There should have been a desperation to win at Hull. It was his first "critical " 'win or bust' game and he failed the rehearsal. Talk of given Naughton a new deal seems like a sentimental reward for a loyal player no longer at Championship standard depriving a youngster of an opportunity that is.

With modest cash Ogbene, Key, Drameh, Philognene, Cannon come into range along with some very decent loan signings. These are player I have heard of and seen play and many more I have not. Piroe and Manning can also be prepared to sign knowing the club has "ambition" (cash)

Good post 👍
Also Totally agree re-Hull game.
What a wasted opportunity!
Unbelievably we had a (not likely) shot at the playoffs.
We get back in the game 1-1, what have we got to loose?
Throw anyone attack minded on, change the system ,would spring to mind.
It just goes to show what could have happened, because when Oli came on (68 mins)
The attacking intent went up a notch.
No, the next substitutes were on the 84th minute !
Really ??
I don’t get it, I really don’t
There’s a new chairman in town on 10:36 - May 6 with 3141 viewsNotLoyal

There’s a new chairman in town on 08:28 - May 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Just because someone is from the same country it doesn’t mean they have the same skills.

Otherwise why don’t we fill our side with Argentines, they must all be like Messi right?

They will have learned these skills over a period of time, not straight away, agreed.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

There’s a new chairman in town on 10:39 - May 6 with 3127 viewsDr_Winston

The biggest problem with Pearlman is he was too late. If we'd upgraded commercial management in 2011 rather than letting Dineen carry on we could potentially have grown the club even more off the field. By the time he arrived the moment had mostly passed.

There’s a new chairman in town on 11:10 - May 6 with 3091 viewsshaggyrogers

There’s a new chairman in town on 10:39 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

The biggest problem with Pearlman is he was too late. If we'd upgraded commercial management in 2011 rather than letting Dineen carry on we could potentially have grown the club even more off the field. By the time he arrived the moment had mostly passed.

I have to disagree with you Doc. There is a major misconception that once you come to the premier league that you become a world brand that can be monetised. Yes you are a brand known globally but 1000's across the world don't go out and buy shirts for instance. For clubs like Swansea, palace, stoke etc etc there is a limit as to what you can get for shirt sponsorship, kit deals and the like. If you look at the accounts of clubs similar to us in stature you can see that the swans performed as well as them commerciually but i'm told with staffing levels much much lower.

Pearlman came in and tried to change things that didn't need changing and cost us millions in the process. I know he brought in layers of commercial staff who didn't / couldn't perform and subsequently got rid and i also know he had to turn to Dineen to get a shirt deal as they had all failed to do so.
There’s a new chairman in town on 11:13 - May 6 with 3067 viewsDr_Winston

There’s a new chairman in town on 11:10 - May 6 by shaggyrogers

I have to disagree with you Doc. There is a major misconception that once you come to the premier league that you become a world brand that can be monetised. Yes you are a brand known globally but 1000's across the world don't go out and buy shirts for instance. For clubs like Swansea, palace, stoke etc etc there is a limit as to what you can get for shirt sponsorship, kit deals and the like. If you look at the accounts of clubs similar to us in stature you can see that the swans performed as well as them commerciually but i'm told with staffing levels much much lower.

Pearlman came in and tried to change things that didn't need changing and cost us millions in the process. I know he brought in layers of commercial staff who didn't / couldn't perform and subsequently got rid and i also know he had to turn to Dineen to get a shirt deal as they had all failed to do so.

It's not just that we got to the Premier League. There was a story there, one to be capitalised on, especially during the first two seasons when we were being lauded as an exemplar club and winning the LC. After that we lost our way and became as you say, just another Premier League team.

An opportunity missed and after that it was too late, hence the failure of subsequent efforts.

There’s a new chairman in town on 12:09 - May 6 with 2962 viewsshaggyrogers

There’s a new chairman in town on 11:13 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

It's not just that we got to the Premier League. There was a story there, one to be capitalised on, especially during the first two seasons when we were being lauded as an exemplar club and winning the LC. After that we lost our way and became as you say, just another Premier League team.

An opportunity missed and after that it was too late, hence the failure of subsequent efforts.

You may be right but it isn't a gimme that it could be capitalised. There are other clubs out there that could be seen as exemplar. Brentford and Brighton spring to mind. Have they managed to capitalise ?. They may have but i haven't seen it.

I doubt it was one mans decision on this. I would think that board set budgets to each department in the club and perhaps they didn't see the opportunity there and therefore didn't give the department the budget. Who knows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024