Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Shop incident? 15:28 - Jul 21 with 5038 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Has anyone seen the video?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-july-21

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Club Shop incident? on 15:48 - Jul 21 with 3891 viewsWhiterockin

No, but someone put a name to the face and ban them.
Club Shop incident? on 15:57 - Jul 21 with 3877 viewsScotia

I've seen the video.

Basically someone was refused service in the shop for a mug becasue he wouldn't or couldn't pay by card. Went outside and started filming himself, he went back in picked up the mug slammed £8 cash on the counter and told them to "call the f*cking police".

Seems a bit of a knob really.
Club Shop incident? on 16:54 - Jul 21 with 3788 viewsFlashberryjack

Club Shop incident? on 15:57 - Jul 21 by Scotia

I've seen the video.

Basically someone was refused service in the shop for a mug becasue he wouldn't or couldn't pay by card. Went outside and started filming himself, he went back in picked up the mug slammed £8 cash on the counter and told them to "call the f*cking police".

Seems a bit of a knob really.

Hate this no cash lark, but to be fair to the people in the shop, it's not their fault.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Club Shop incident? on 16:55 - Jul 21 with 3786 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-emerges-with-swansea-disappointed-by-incident-at-c

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Club Shop incident? on 17:07 - Jul 21 with 3759 viewsItchySphincter

I’m assuming he hopped back on his scrambler and headed straight back to Port Tennant.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Club Shop incident? on 17:08 - Jul 21 with 3756 viewshobo

Not sure if there was a need for a club statement mind. Bloody hell
Club Shop incident? on 17:18 - Jul 21 with 3728 viewsWhiterockin

Club Shop incident? on 17:08 - Jul 21 by hobo

I think when it went on social media they had little choice.
Club Shop incident? on 17:24 - Jul 21 with 3709 viewsmagicdaps10

I get the cash argument but the guy is a total clown who is just clearly an attention seeking idiot.

Remember the people working there are not the ones who are implementing the rule, let's hope this idiot isn't going to make their situation worse than it needs to be.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Club Shop incident? on 17:31 - Jul 21 with 3693 viewsScotia

Club Shop incident? on 17:24 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

I get the cash argument but the guy is a total clown who is just clearly an attention seeking idiot.

Remember the people working there are not the ones who are implementing the rule, let's hope this idiot isn't going to make their situation worse than it needs to be.

And attention is what he's got.

Probably the biggest achievement of his life.
Club Shop incident? on 17:37 - Jul 21 with 3674 viewsDr_Winston

Club Shop incident? on 17:08 - Jul 21 by hobo

The club has every right to call out the behaviour of the entitled tw*ts that unfortunately seem to be making up an ever increasing proportion of society.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Club Shop incident? on 17:48 - Jul 21 with 3651 viewsTogg

I saw it on Facebook and had a look at the guys profile. Not many brain cells I'm afraid!
Club Shop incident? on 18:21 - Jul 21 with 3587 viewsRhonddaSwans

Club Shop incident? on 17:07 - Jul 21 by ItchySphincter

I’m assuming he hopped back on his scrambler and headed straight back to Port Tennant.

bet the first drink in that cup is tennants super larger .
Probably gonna get banned from games now to send a clear message out.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Club Shop incident? on 19:07 - Jul 21 with 3518 viewsGwyn737

Club Shop incident? on 17:31 - Jul 21 by Scotia

And attention is what he's got.

Probably the biggest achievement of his life.

Probably filming for ‘content’.

No great surprise it’s been picked up by GeeBeebies. No doubt it’ll be in the Mail tomorrow.
Club Shop incident? on 19:09 - Jul 21 with 3510 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club Shop incident? on 19:07 - Jul 21 by Gwyn737

Probably filming for ‘content’.

No great surprise it’s been picked up by GeeBeebies. No doubt it’ll be in the Mail tomorrow.

People will do literally anything for ‘likes’ and attention on social media.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Club Shop incident? on 19:20 - Jul 21 with 3487 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club Shop incident? on 16:54 - Jul 21 by Flashberryjack

Hate this no cash lark, but to be fair to the people in the shop, it's not their fault.

If people don’t like cashless businesses don’t use them it’s as simple as that. If companies started losing serious revenue then they’d soon change policy.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Club Shop incident? on 19:23 - Jul 21 with 3477 viewsWhiterockin

Club Shop incident? on 19:20 - Jul 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If people don’t like cashless businesses don’t use them it’s as simple as that. If companies started losing serious revenue then they’d soon change policy.

Even buskers in London are tap and go now.
Club Shop incident? on 09:42 - Jul 22 with 3273 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Club Shop incident? on 19:20 - Jul 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

No company should be able to refuse cash payments.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Club Shop incident? on 10:07 - Jul 22 with 3248 viewscontroversial_jack

Club Shop incident? on 09:42 - Jul 22 by felixstowe_jack

No company should be able to refuse cash payments.

I have to agree with you there. There should be an option. Many get cash for xmas or birthdays to buy club merchandise etc
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 10:30]
Club Shop incident? on 10:12 - Jul 22 with 3249 viewsdna

My local pub refuses to take copper coins

Card only is a disgrace
Club Shop incident? on 11:59 - Jul 22 with 3187 viewsPawelAbbott

If this person has no access to a bank account or even just forgot their card, but has the cash then it is a disgusting decision by the club shop not to serve them.
It's meant to be a community club. There are people in the community who don't have access to bank accounts.
That person may be in that situation and be going to buy a present for a child who wants a Swans mug. They have the ability to pay in cash but due to the clubs policy they are still unable to buy the gift.
The club should have done a lot more to resolve the situation amicably.
Club Shop incident? on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 3146 viewsWingstandwood

Club Shop incident? on 10:12 - Jul 22 by dna

My local pub refuses to take copper coins

Card only is a disgrace

The abuse of staff is wrong, because they have to obey their employers rules, but the frustration of not being able to use cash is not.

I know someone with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder who is much better off carrying a small amount of cash around than a card, because of the tendency to lose things and that has happened often. The less a card is carried around by this particular person the better, because of the stress of losing one and the time and hassle required to get a new one.

I had an elderly relative with dementia whom became P.O.A status and it was preferred to pay with cash ( i.e. bread, milk and groceries) when it could be done that way also, it felt far safer than carrying a card around when a fair amount of money was in the bank account. I think many prefer to carry cash as opposed to carrying a card around if they are of forgetful of type that tend to lose things easily.

I would much prefer to see O.A.P's carrying a small amount of cash around in old age than a debit or credit card in times when they are far more likely to be confused and forgetful.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 15:00]

Argus!

Club Shop incident? on 18:23 - Jul 22 with 3010 viewsshingle

What you reckon we do to stop these rules being forced upon us seeing as you get the cash argument, especially as they will cause a lot of hardship for many with the elite knowing where everything you spent goes.
Club Shop incident? on 19:00 - Jul 22 with 2968 viewsWingstandwood

Club Shop incident? on 18:23 - Jul 22 by shingle

What you reckon we do to stop these rules being forced upon us seeing as you get the cash argument, especially as they will cause a lot of hardship for many with the elite knowing where everything you spent goes.

Another thing that bothers me about the less intimate electronic transfer of money when compared to the physical handed over transfer of cash is its far easier to overspend or to become irresponsible using electronic methods of payment.

When you actually see and touch what you are handing over, for example putting money into a slot machine it becomes a more 'real' and 'personal' experience. It imo teaches a person the value of money because you can actually see and handle it.

I learnt a valuable lesson when I was a kid that has lasted for decades when I lost all my pocket money on a bandit machine.. It was more painful because it actually came out of my pocket and I saw it being wasted by every 10p that went in.... if it had been done via a swipe card it would have imo been much less painful imo. I reckon that electronic payment has fuelled gambling addiction, reckless spending sprees, uncontrollable spending and debts.

Argus!

Club Shop incident? on 19:10 - Jul 22 with 2955 views1983

Club Shop incident? on 11:59 - Jul 22 by PawelAbbott

If this person has no access to a bank account or even just forgot their card, but has the cash then it is a disgusting decision by the club shop not to serve them.
It's meant to be a community club. There are people in the community who don't have access to bank accounts.
That person may be in that situation and be going to buy a present for a child who wants a Swans mug. They have the ability to pay in cash but due to the clubs policy they are still unable to buy the gift.
The club should have done a lot more to resolve the situation amicably.

Totally agree with everything you say but that fella looks a right beaut, there are ways and means of doing things and going about your business he comes across as a complete bell wiff. If I was the shop worker I would have taken his cash gone around the back put the cash in my pocket and paid for the mug with my debt card and given the mug to the mug!

Club Shop incident? on 21:15 - Jul 22 with 2876 viewsbuilthjack

Club Shop incident? on 19:00 - Jul 22 by Wingstandwood

Another thing that bothers me about the less intimate electronic transfer of money when compared to the physical handed over transfer of cash is its far easier to overspend or to become irresponsible using electronic methods of payment.

When you actually see and touch what you are handing over, for example putting money into a slot machine it becomes a more 'real' and 'personal' experience. It imo teaches a person the value of money because you can actually see and handle it.

I learnt a valuable lesson when I was a kid that has lasted for decades when I lost all my pocket money on a bandit machine.. It was more painful because it actually came out of my pocket and I saw it being wasted by every 10p that went in.... if it had been done via a swipe card it would have imo been much less painful imo. I reckon that electronic payment has fuelled gambling addiction, reckless spending sprees, uncontrollable spending and debts.

Good post

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024