Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97661 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:13 - Aug 21 with 1850 viewsOhyeah

Folks the excellent jac 0 the n0rth blog for exposing the Welsh government usual incompetence were on about this from a government paper.

".Wales innovates creating a stronger fairer greener Wales"

"We envisage a move away from individual car ownership to shared solutions including car sharing, car clubs and bike /e-bike sharing as demand responsive travel options .
Mobility is a service (MAAS) which enables people to plan book & pay for and use different types of transport based on passenger demand, rather than a fixed timetable all provide opportunities for new and innovative service delivery models"....
The 20MPH punishments on 20:19 - Aug 21 with 1834 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 20:13 - Aug 21 by Ohyeah

Folks the excellent jac 0 the n0rth blog for exposing the Welsh government usual incompetence were on about this from a government paper.

"We envisage a move away from individual car ownership to shared solutions including car sharing, car clubs and bike /e-bike sharing as demand responsive travel options .
Mobility is a service (MAAS) which enables people to plan book & pay for and use different types of transport based on passenger demand, rather than a fixed timetable all provide opportunities for new and innovative service delivery models"....

Really.
Have a look Around in rural Wales and ask how one gets around without a car .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:38 - Aug 21 with 1803 viewsBoundy

I do like reading Roystons blogs ( a jack by the way ), he's usually very incisive and accurate in his articles so your post wouldn't surprise me in the least

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 20:38 - Aug 21 with 1807 viewsOhyeah

The 20MPH punishments on 20:19 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Really.
Have a look Around in rural Wales and ask how one gets around without a car .

You will need to ask Mr Drakeford about that...
The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Aug 21 with 1786 viewstrampie

The 20MPH punishments on 20:38 - Aug 21 by Boundy

I do like reading Roystons blogs ( a jack by the way ), he's usually very incisive and accurate in his articles so your post wouldn't surprise me in the least

Isn't he the guy that is right wing economically and a Welsh nationalist culturally ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 20MPH punishments on 20:44 - Aug 21 with 1787 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 20:38 - Aug 21 by Ohyeah

You will need to ask Mr Drakeford about that...

Wouldn’t waste my breath mate.
Was in Llangower this week and some lovely little cottages around.
No public transport whatsoever, seasonal services and few doctors,dentists, etc.
Got a pregnant wife ….ask a neighbour across the valley if it’s ok to borrow his 4x4 as it’s snowing and icy .
Drakefird ,cocooned in urban isolation in caerdydd

It’s painful.

How about someone needing chemo and you live in Llanrhaedr yn mochnant . Cancer treatment is many miles away . Shared transport. Myarse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:51 - Aug 21 with 1761 viewstrampie

I think Jaco was the guy that had a lot say about Loyalist and Unionist types with their union jacks and red hands infiltrating his Welsh teams fanbase, he was not amused by them.

Comes across as a big Argentina fan (after Wales of course).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 20MPH punishments on 21:02 - Aug 21 with 1747 viewsmajorraglan

They do have book a bus services around our way, but I get what you mean. It’s not going to cater for the masses.

Some of the ideas that are being bandied about are cretinous. The kind of stuff they are talking about works in a city, but not outside of the metropolitan centres.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 21:17 - Aug 21 with 1728 viewsOhyeah

The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Aug 21 by trampie

Isn't he the guy that is right wing economically and a Welsh nationalist culturally ?

He certainly has no time for the WEF & WHO and the globalists..

Fair play to him though, unlike the rest of the Welsh media silence he exposes the Welsh Government incompetence.

Reporters like that Will Hayward from Wales online would never expose anything like this below.

The article about that PR/marketing company Lynn Global Ltd is very good..
The 20MPH punishments on 21:37 - Aug 21 with 1695 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 21:17 - Aug 21 by Ohyeah

He certainly has no time for the WEF & WHO and the globalists..

Fair play to him though, unlike the rest of the Welsh media silence he exposes the Welsh Government incompetence.

Reporters like that Will Hayward from Wales online would never expose anything like this below.

The article about that PR/marketing company Lynn Global Ltd is very good..

Read his article regarding Cardiff Bay corruption , words fail .

The 20MPH punishments on 17:21 - Sep 12 with 1487 viewsAnotherJohn

I was aware of the increasing number of 20 mph speed limit areas in Swansea, but it is only just now that I've realised that this will become the default limit for most Welsh urban roads from Sunday 17th September. That is going to make driving very difficult. I voted Labour for most of my adult life, but the combination of woke obsessions, more public spending as the solution for everything, and nanny statism has turned me right off. From banning smacking, to meal deals, to this, the WG seem to believe they have a mandate to extend law to prescribe more and more behaviours. I sense that if they get their way personal car ownership will be a thing of the past. It may be a bitter pill to swallow, but I think I would rather put up with Rishi.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:55 - Sep 12 with 1416 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:21 - Sep 12 by AnotherJohn

I was aware of the increasing number of 20 mph speed limit areas in Swansea, but it is only just now that I've realised that this will become the default limit for most Welsh urban roads from Sunday 17th September. That is going to make driving very difficult. I voted Labour for most of my adult life, but the combination of woke obsessions, more public spending as the solution for everything, and nanny statism has turned me right off. From banning smacking, to meal deals, to this, the WG seem to believe they have a mandate to extend law to prescribe more and more behaviours. I sense that if they get their way personal car ownership will be a thing of the past. It may be a bitter pill to swallow, but I think I would rather put up with Rishi.

We need saving from ourselves see. Drakeford sees "I am Robot" not as science fiction but something to work towards so that Labourr can control the robots and make us do as they wish, for our own good of course.

NB, the above is definitely nothing more than a mickey take.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:21 - Sep 12 with 1381 viewsLuther27

I read an article from WOL today….apologies not being intelligent enough to post the link….about one of their journalists trying to get from Cardiff to Carmarthen via train. Read it and weep.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:04 - Sep 12 with 1360 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 21:21 - Sep 12 by Luther27

I read an article from WOL today….apologies not being intelligent enough to post the link….about one of their journalists trying to get from Cardiff to Carmarthen via train. Read it and weep.

Here you go although my sympathy receded when I read he preferred to drink in cardiffff than Swansea due there being more pubs

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/travel/i-tried-train-home-cardiff-2769961

The 20MPH punishments on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 1300 viewspencoedjack

If we didn't have more pressing issues in Wales to worry about maybe it would be more understandable.

Realistically any company that has any kind of logistics is moving out & no inward investment will come due to the M4 (50 mph for last stretches/Brynglas tunnels) & ridiculous 20 mph speed limits.

Drakeford & his cronies are a disgrace to Wales.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:57 - Sep 13 with 1229 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 09:43 - Sep 13 by pencoedjack

If we didn't have more pressing issues in Wales to worry about maybe it would be more understandable.

Realistically any company that has any kind of logistics is moving out & no inward investment will come due to the M4 (50 mph for last stretches/Brynglas tunnels) & ridiculous 20 mph speed limits.

Drakeford & his cronies are a disgrace to Wales.

Wales is burning on an ideological pyre, all that's good is going up in flames.

Something that really puzzles me is the notion that the 20mph thing will be better for the climate, how can that be.
All vehicles in a lower gear, burning more fuel, creating more emissions, how can that be climate friendly?
The 20MPH punishments on 09:52 - Sep 14 with 1156 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I see the idiots in the Senedd, on the eve of introducing the 20mph limit have now voted to allow local authorities to work with communities to work with constituents to make changes as they see fit
So they are now allowing consultation after the fact, leading to increased costs having realised that they got it wrong!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/live-updates-senedd-members-vote-277

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 10:48 - Sep 14 with 1126 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 09:52 - Sep 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

I see the idiots in the Senedd, on the eve of introducing the 20mph limit have now voted to allow local authorities to work with communities to work with constituents to make changes as they see fit
So they are now allowing consultation after the fact, leading to increased costs having realised that they got it wrong!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/live-updates-senedd-members-vote-277

I truly believe the dim wits in the bay knew this would be a more than a contentious issue leaving a get out of jail card ( letting local authorities to decide where this draconian measure takes place) . The ongoing social media backlash continues to grow and if only there were to be a election tomorrow then I'd like to think that Welsh labour would get more than a bloody nose and they know that

The 20MPH punishments on 14:45 - Sep 14 with 1057 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:48 - Sep 14 by Boundy

I truly believe the dim wits in the bay knew this would be a more than a contentious issue leaving a get out of jail card ( letting local authorities to decide where this draconian measure takes place) . The ongoing social media backlash continues to grow and if only there were to be a election tomorrow then I'd like to think that Welsh labour would get more than a bloody nose and they know that

" I'd like to think that Welsh labour would get more than a bloody nose and they know that"

They'll be voted back in, and they know it, that's why they couldn't give a sh*t what the common people think.

This is Wales, we always vote Labour cause my father always voted Labour mun.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 16:18 - Sep 14 with 1021 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 14:45 - Sep 14 by Flashberryjack

" I'd like to think that Welsh labour would get more than a bloody nose and they know that"

They'll be voted back in, and they know it, that's why they couldn't give a sh*t what the common people think.

This is Wales, we always vote Labour cause my father always voted Labour mun.

That's the thing the 20 mph speed limit was clearly in the manifesto of both Labour and Plaid.

It would appear that the majority of the voting public supports the idea.

Unless of course they just blindly vote for a party without having a clue what their policies are, surely nobody would be that stupid??????
The 20MPH punishments on 19:41 - Sep 14 with 969 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 16:18 - Sep 14 by Scotia

That's the thing the 20 mph speed limit was clearly in the manifesto of both Labour and Plaid.

Unless of course they just blindly vote for a party without having a clue what their policies are, surely nobody would be that stupid??????

2 things
1 it clearly wasn't up front and centre of their manifesto
2. yes , I'm enough Welsh folk are that stupid

The 20MPH punishments on 20:15 - Sep 14 with 945 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 16:18 - Sep 14 by Scotia

I wonder just how many people knew this was in their manifesto?

The polls they put out only ever ask around a thousand people and from those polls they extrapolate that all of Wales thinks the way the poll says. They probably ask the same people too because I have never been asked, I don't even always see the polls on the WOL site!

Welsh Labour, to blindly go where so many sheep have gone before, up schitts creek without a paddle.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:54 - Sep 14 with 898 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 20:15 - Sep 14 by SullutaCreturned

I wonder just how many people knew this was in their manifesto?

The polls they put out only ever ask around a thousand people and from those polls they extrapolate that all of Wales thinks the way the poll says. They probably ask the same people too because I have never been asked, I don't even always see the polls on the WOL site!

Welsh Labour, to blindly go where so many sheep have gone before, up schitts creek without a paddle.

Probably very few, because nobody who voted for Welsh Labour read it, but it is there as clear as day and we have a Labour majority Senedd on the back of that scenario.

I saw comments in WOL this week calling for a referendum on the 20mph speed limit. We obviously don't need one because it happened at the last Senedd election. As far as the Senedd are concerned they have a mandate for 20 mph speed limits because they do.

If you voted Labour or plaid, it's what you wanted.

We need people to actually think about who they are voting for and not just vote out of loyalty or blind faith. Or we get Drakeford, and then potentially Lee Waters and 36 new clowns.

Our only hope is the influence of a potential PM Starmer and hopefully removal of Drakeford and his accolytes.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:24 - Sep 15 with 847 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 22:54 - Sep 14 by Scotia

Probably very few, because nobody who voted for Welsh Labour read it, but it is there as clear as day and we have a Labour majority Senedd on the back of that scenario.

I saw comments in WOL this week calling for a referendum on the 20mph speed limit. We obviously don't need one because it happened at the last Senedd election. As far as the Senedd are concerned they have a mandate for 20 mph speed limits because they do.

If you voted Labour or plaid, it's what you wanted.

We need people to actually think about who they are voting for and not just vote out of loyalty or blind faith. Or we get Drakeford, and then potentially Lee Waters and 36 new clowns.

Our only hope is the influence of a potential PM Starmer and hopefully removal of Drakeford and his accolytes.

I have been voting for indy candidates but ny if they actually engage with me, if I ask questions and don't get any answers they're ticked off the list. It's how come I ended up voting for our green candidate last time, she came to the door and answered my questions, those she couldn't anwer she promised to email me wit answers later, and she did.

The Labour candidate ignored me and then got stroppy when I called her out on that.

We have to pay attention because when we vote like sheep we end up with monkeys, they're not even trained!
The 20MPH punishments on 07:57 - Sep 15 with 832 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:57 - Sep 13 by SullutaCreturned

Wales is burning on an ideological pyre, all that's good is going up in flames.

Something that really puzzles me is the notion that the 20mph thing will be better for the climate, how can that be.
All vehicles in a lower gear, burning more fuel, creating more emissions, how can that be climate friendly?

Just wonder how many more deaths will be caused by the increase in air pollution caused by cars burning more fuel.
Even Drakeford's report said road deaths may decrease by 10 in total over the next 10 years.
Currently 90 people a year are killed in road accidents in Wales.
1400 people in Wales are killed by air pollution.

Given that most road deaths and serious accidents occurred occurred on roads outside 30 mph zones 60% that means roughly 40% occur in 30 mph zones which may mean 36 deaths a year. There do not seem to be any official figures for road deaths breakdown on roads by speed zone only serious accidents. Even the deaths are not broken down into groups I.e. drivers, passengers, cyclist and pedestrians.
I just wonder if these figures are even available to the senedd to make an informed decision on 20 mph zones.

Hence Drakeford's very vague statement " deaths might reduce by 10 over next 10 years"

The other report from the Senedd also says the 20mph limit will cost motorist, business and tourist more money with a hit to the Welsh economy of £2 billion a year. Yet still we vote these idiots into power.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2023 8:06]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024