Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My view from today's game 17:59 - Aug 19 with 3317 viewsmagicdaps10

I really contemplated after 30mins with walking out but I stayed and it improved.

Can see Duff is trying to implement a solid system based around getting the defence more solid and I can see it happening. I saw a few phases of some decent football and I hope this increases the longer this plan around get a solid base gets stronger.

Ashby, he put a good cross for the equaliser but he is no wing back......if we are going to go forward with wing backs then we need to push on with getting a left wing back with oace or thrust and move Key over to the right side.
Darling needs replacing and I can see the plan with another defender, Cabango central with Wood possibly moving to right side to offer a bit more thrust complimented with a left sided defender of the same ilk.

Midfield is a concern, we need a player in there who has some pace or is prepared to drive forward because we have too many who are too static and we need to break lines from there and it won't happen with the choices we have currently.

It was solid but we lack that va va voom and I still think a back with a solid 2 in midfield and wingers playing off Yates with Piroe dropping off as a 10 is the way forward.

We need that left wing back, left sided centre half and a midfielder with an eye for going forward.
We had that in the team today and I would be writing this with 3 points in the bag

Big up for Cabango, had a rough ride lately but was absolutely solid as todaym

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

My view from today's game on 18:39 - Aug 19 with 2788 viewsWhiterockin

Personally I felt that Cabango put under pressure several times by giving away needless corners.
My view from today's game on 18:49 - Aug 19 with 2753 viewsKeithHaynes

Didn’t Darling do well ?

Piroe is heading for a spot on the subs bench I think.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

My view from today's game on 18:55 - Aug 19 with 2730 viewsmagicdaps10

My view from today's game on 18:49 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Didn’t Darling do well ?

Aside from the ball over the top for Ashby that led to the goal then I would say no.

There were times on the right side that he had space to drive forward when the ball was played to him but he didn't.
Played the ball into touch a few times when playing it forward and a couple of crosses just went out for goal kicks.

I would say that in this system that I would consider putting Piroe on the bench for sure.

My view from today's game on 19:14 - Aug 19 with 2656 viewsbuilthjack

I thought we were poor to be honest. Didn't enjoy watching . Will write more when I get home

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

My view from today's game on 19:18 - Aug 19 with 2634 viewsDr_Winston

Didn’t Darling do well ?

I think we're asking him to do more than he's capable of. Far too many moves down the right slowed down and stagnated because he's just not that attacking.

Piroe is not and never has been someone capable of leading the line. If he's not getting any service he needs to be the one providing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My view from today's game on 19:25 - Aug 19 with 2614 viewsmagicdaps10

My view from today's game on 19:18 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I think we're asking him to do more than he's capable of. Far too many moves down the right slowed down and stagnated because he's just not that attacking.

Piroe is not and never has been someone capable of leading the line. If he's not getting any service he needs to be the one providing it.

I would agree on both those verdicts on Darling and Piroe.

I wanted to see a back 4 under our previous boss and I think a back 4 is needed even more so in this style of football......an outlet is needed in this style and wingers are a must for me.

My view from today's game on 19:28 - Aug 19 with 2588 viewsWhiterockin

Didn’t Darling do well ?

Piroe could have and should have been pulled today, his future one way or another needs to be sorted ASAP or a spell on the bench is due as you say.
My view from today's game on 19:36 - Aug 19 with 2557 viewsjack247

My view from today's game on 19:28 - Aug 19 by Whiterockin

Piroe could have and should have been pulled today, his future one way or another needs to be sorted ASAP or a spell on the bench is due as you say.

If the new contract rumours are true (haven’t read it anywhere but they said he was signing on radio wales) I think Duff needs to rethink this 532.

It’s fine if he’s only got a couple of games left and it suits Ginelly/Cullen/Kukharevych, but if he’s staying, you can’t have a proven 20 goal a season striker as a virtual passenger.
Login to get fewer ads

My view from today's game on 19:46 - Aug 19 with 2516 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe has often been a passenger in the last two years. It's not a new situation resulting from Duff. It happened often enough under Martin. The boy can finish for sure, but has a tendency to disappear for long periods in games no matter what style, formation or whatever we play.

At the risk of belabouring the same point and getting boring, he is wasted as an out and out forward, especially when we've got other options. Drop him deeper, get him involved, and we'll benefit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My view from today's game on 19:53 - Aug 19 with 2496 viewsjack247

My view from today's game on 19:46 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Piroe has often been a passenger in the last two years. It's not a new situation resulting from Duff. It happened often enough under Martin. The boy can finish for sure, but has a tendency to disappear for long periods in games no matter what style, formation or whatever we play.

At the risk of belabouring the same point and getting boring, he is wasted as an out and out forward, especially when we've got other options. Drop him deeper, get him involved, and we'll benefit.

I know what you mean, he’s always drifted in and out if games, but he’s not a passenger if he’s getting goalscoring opportunities and putting twenty of them away a season.

He’s still a 9 for me until the point we either have a lightning quick Obafeni type for him to feed, or we find someone in his league as a finisher (maybe that’s Yates, I don’t know). Until that point I want him at the sharp end of chances. Down to others to create the chances.
My view from today's game on 19:56 - Aug 19 with 2490 viewsFireboy2

My view from today's game on 19:46 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Piroe was a passenger last week, he should be played as an old style no 10 behind a front two of Yates and Cullen, he would be a nightmare to play against as he could be the link between the midfield and the strikers, he wouldn't need to chase the ball, when does come deep looking for the ball he looks good, it worked when obafemi was up front, it would work better with two up front.
My view from today's game on 19:59 - Aug 19 with 2478 viewsvetchonian

Agree with most of this, I think once Tjoe is up to speed he will play on the left with Key switching to the right with possibly Ashby playing in front of him.
Wonder if Bashir Humphreys is that left sided CB to complete the jigsaw.

We are a work in progress and it is still early days cant see why thoufh after 30mims you were considering walking out.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

My view from today's game on 20:02 - Aug 19 with 2468 viewsDr_Winston

My view from today's game on 19:53 - Aug 19 by jack247

I know what you mean, he’s always drifted in and out if games, but he’s not a passenger if he’s getting goalscoring opportunities and putting twenty of them away a season.

He’s still a 9 for me until the point we either have a lightning quick Obafeni type for him to feed, or we find someone in his league as a finisher (maybe that’s Yates, I don’t know). Until that point I want him at the sharp end of chances. Down to others to create the chances.

If he didn't have an even better goals per game rate when playing as a #10 I'd wholeheartedly agree with you.

Even if he couldn't maintain that in the long run, sacrificing 5-10 Piroe goals and potentially gaining 20-25 Yates/Big Myk goals is worth the gamble IMO.

My view from today's game on 20:06 - Aug 19 with 2462 viewsjack247

My view from today's game on 19:59 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

Agree with most of this, I think once Tjoe is up to speed he will play on the left with Key switching to the right with possibly Ashby playing in front of him.
Wonder if Bashir Humphreys is that left sided CB to complete the jigsaw.

We are a work in progress and it is still early days cant see why thoufh after 30mims you were considering walking out.

Nor can I. I thought that was a better first half than Birmingham. A huge improvement from West Brom.

It clicked a couple of times and we put some decent moves together. Still a long way off where we need to be though.
My view from today's game on 21:01 - Aug 19 with 2328 viewsjack247

My view from today's game on 20:02 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

If he didn't have an even better goals per game rate when playing as a #10 I'd wholeheartedly agree with you.

Even if he couldn't maintain that in the long run, sacrificing 5-10 Piroe goals and potentially gaining 20-25 Yates/Big Myk goals is worth the gamble IMO.

If he’d played as many games there it would be a fair comparison. As it is, it’s a bit misleading. I wouldn’t imply Liam Cullen was our best striker last season because he had the best goals to minutes ratio.

If we could reasonably expect 20 goals out of whoever played at 9, yes, it would be a no brainer. I don’t know enough about either of them yet to speculate, but it is rare.

Either would be better than playing him and Yates like they are slightly narrower versions of Ayew and Lowe though.
My view from today's game on 22:26 - Aug 19 with 2142 viewsModeratorD

My view from today's game on 18:55 - Aug 19 by magicdaps10

Aside from the ball over the top for Ashby that led to the goal then I would say no.

There were times on the right side that he had space to drive forward when the ball was played to him but he didn't.
Played the ball into touch a few times when playing it forward and a couple of crosses just went out for goal kicks.

I would say that in this system that I would consider putting Piroe on the bench for sure.

I honestly felt a lot of the time nobody seemed to be giving Darling any options.
He was looking up and everyone seemed static.
May have been partly due to Coventry's game plan as well?
We need to be moving the ball faster going forward for sure.
Grimes was at least trying to do that today, but we definitely need a dynamic AM
My view from today's game on 22:40 - Aug 19 with 2103 viewsbuilthjack

We need to sort things and sort them quickly.
We look like a team managed by Warnock with Pulis as his Assistant.
Too slow, not enough movement, and plenty of hoofball.
Hopefully Duff can improve things quickly.
If not, we are in trouble.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

My view from today's game on 06:04 - Aug 20 with 1969 viewsjack247

My view from today's game on 22:40 - Aug 19 by builthjack

Martins football, up until he ditched 3 at the back, was one extreme. At this early stage, this feels too far in the other direction.

In fairness though, there were a few glimpses of exactly what Duff said he is trying to achieve, getting the ball forward whilst playing decent football. In fact I’d class both the goals we’ve scored at home this season as that.

It’s few and far between, yes we’ve got the same problem with movement and options we did last season, even though he’s changed half the team, but it did feel like a step in the right direction compared to the other two games.
My view from today's game on 09:46 - Aug 20 with 1733 viewsRichardO

My view from today's game on 22:26 - Aug 19 by ModeratorD

I honestly felt a lot of the time nobody seemed to be giving Darling any options.
Grimes was at least trying to do that today, but we definitely need a dynamic AM

Agree the amount of movement in front of Darling was poor eventually Yates started to come short instead of going for expected long ball all the time, one noticeable time he came short and Darling put it long, Ashby had more opportunities to press higher up onto the full back the one time he did we were able to get behind a defence that in that instance left Yates an ocean of space.
A lack of continuity born of players having to get to know each other and some with little experience at Championship level.
Coventry had a number of wide players who could have caused us problems but we dealt quite well with them, their midfield had a tricky player playing just front of our backs, linking up with solid midfield players with good movement which we dealt with up to a point until that movement pulled a defender out of position and in his rush to get back in shape left the player free creating the space enabling them to score.
And yet with that spur we found our players in the right position to strike straight back.
Thought Coventry's defence had players who could have been exploited but don't think the shape of the team is correct yet given we have a player who seems to be able to go pass players at ease in playing on the wrong side in Key, maybe if Tjoe-A-On is capable of getting up to speed we may see Key on the right leaving a bit of a question who to drop and what style/formation to play.
Will be happy to see the transfer window closure so we can get on with the season with players we got, surely everyone should be up to speed by then barring any late arrives.
Then we can play 11 players on the pitch who can adapt as rwquired against 11 other players.
My view from today's game on 09:56 - Aug 20 with 1717 viewsvetchonian

My view from today's game on 22:40 - Aug 19 by builthjack

i think to describe us as a Pullis/Warnock type team is way off the mark
Pullis teams play for touch and a set puece in the oppostions half....whilst we have ditched the passing for passing sake we still play out from the back we use the shirt goal kick but we are mixing it up at times....even Man city sometimes take the direct route.
I agree things sometimes ate slow and we lack movement but no more than we saw over the last two seasons where at tumes walking football could have been describeded as having more pace.
The team lacks balance and i think was Tjoe is fit and Keybcan switch to the right this will help...
Midfield is still as under Martin an issue it has been done to death the fact playing Grimes and Fulton is jot the best for a creative attacking side...maybe we shoukd let Fulton be deeper and Grimes more advanced.

It us all about opinions and yes I was verbal about Martin early doors especially after witnessing the dour goaless draw against Sheffield United where we only managed 8 shots the same as our opponents yet we had almost twice the possesion. Many were cooing about how thus was so much better than the football we had been seeing but not for me.As a comparison whilst we drew usesterdy we only managed 7 shots but 3 were on target...but we only had 40% possesion compared to the 63% we "enjoyed" against Sheffield
So I understand a little of where you are coming from and i with others were shouted down for not supporting the manager how he needed time to implement his ideas we are olny 3 games in lets give Duff some time too

My view from today's game on 10:59 - Aug 20 with 1604 viewsonehunglow

My view from today's game on 09:56 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

Pullis teams play for touch and a set puece in the oppostions half....whilst we have ditched the passing for passing sake we still play out from the back we use the shirt goal kick but we are mixing it up at times....even Man city sometimes take the direct route.
I agree things sometimes ate slow and we lack movement but no more than we saw over the last two seasons where at tumes walking football could have been describeded as having more pace.
The team lacks balance and i think was Tjoe is fit and Keybcan switch to the right this will help...
Midfield is still as under Martin an issue it has been done to death the fact playing Grimes and Fulton is jot the best for a creative attacking side...maybe we shoukd let Fulton be deeper and Grimes more advanced.

It us all about opinions and yes I was verbal about Martin early doors especially after witnessing the dour goaless draw against Sheffield United where we only managed 8 shots the same as our opponents yet we had almost twice the possesion. Many were cooing about how thus was so much better than the football we had been seeing but not for me.As a comparison whilst we drew usesterdy we only managed 7 shots but 3 were on target...but we only had 40% possesion compared to the 63% we "enjoyed" against Sheffield
So I understand a little of where you are coming from and i with others were shouted down for not supporting the manager how he needed time to implement his ideas we are olny 3 games in lets give Duff some time too

Subtle or not,Duff has a monkey on his back and it’s got jet black smartly groomed hair and big white teeth.
I feel for him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

My view from today's game on 11:01 - Aug 20 with 1608 viewsjack247

My view from today's game on 09:56 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

He will be given time. We’ve invested hugely in comparison to recent seasons.

The performances have been bleak. It’s fine to comment on that, just as you and plenty of others did at the start of Martins tenure.

I’m not sure how 7 shots and 40% possession is better than 8 shots and 63% of possession if we draw both games? Duff said something sling the lines of he’d rather win with 60% possession than draw with 80% when he got here. He’s bang on, he just needs to start delivering.

There were a couple of green shoots yesterday. I think he’ll get it right in time. Until then, if we play dour, winless football, he’ll get criticism.
My view from today's game on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 1591 viewsonehunglow

My view from today's game on 11:01 - Aug 20 by jack247

He will be given time. We’ve invested hugely in comparison to recent seasons.

The performances have been bleak. It’s fine to comment on that, just as you and plenty of others did at the start of Martins tenure.

I’m not sure how 7 shots and 40% possession is better than 8 shots and 63% of possession if we draw both games? Duff said something sling the lines of he’d rather win with 60% possession than draw with 80% when he got here. He’s bang on, he just needs to start delivering.

There were a couple of green shoots yesterday. I think he’ll get it right in time. Until then, if we play dour, winless football, he’ll get criticism.

Fair comment that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

My view from today's game on 11:49 - Aug 20 with 1550 viewsmagicdaps10

My view from today's game on 22:26 - Aug 19 by ModeratorD

There was very poor movement to be fair.
Grimes and Patino kept dropping deep and Fulton was like a statue but that's the type of players they are...........Luke Cundle would have atleast looked to have gotten into space and broke the lines, Patino isn't the answer nor would Cundle in relation to my example.

It's going to be deja Vue and the need for a back 4 wil be even more obvious I believe as the weeks go on.
If its going to be rigid then a triangle is not going to work if we want to win games and get 3 points.

It was said a pragmatic manager was the cherry on top with the set up from last season, it looks like the cake mix has been taken out and being put in differently as the previous one........i don't know wherever that stems from Duff, Watson or the board but the rulebook has been ripped up when it just needed adjusting according to some.

My view from today's game on 12:00 - Aug 20 with 1512 viewsvetchonian

My view from today's game on 11:49 - Aug 20 by magicdaps10

There was very poor movement to be fair.
Grimes and Patino kept dropping deep and Fulton was like a statue but that's the type of players they are...........Luke Cundle would have atleast looked to have gotten into space and broke the lines, Patino isn't the answer nor would Cundle in relation to my example.

It's going to be deja Vue and the need for a back 4 wil be even more obvious I believe as the weeks go on.
If its going to be rigid then a triangle is not going to work if we want to win games and get 3 points.

It was said a pragmatic manager was the cherry on top with the set up from last season, it looks like the cake mix has been taken out and being put in differently as the previous one........i don't know wherever that stems from Duff, Watson or the board but the rulebook has been ripped up when it just needed adjusting according to some.

i think Daps the issue is we have reverted to a back 3/5
Hopefully once Duff gets the like of Tojoe integrated we will see mre success im sure we will aoon see things click.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024