Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early summer optimism fading 11:41 - Aug 31 with 2200 viewsmagicdaps10

Out and about today and speaking to a few Swansea fans this morning and totally not happy with regards signings and the same old picture with the owners again.

I thought I was being a bit ott with the need of 4/5 players but there was an echo to my feelings from these people.

Plenty of unhappy people who are hoping for what's needed but are expecting "1 or 2 at best"

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Early summer optimism fading on 11:46 - Aug 31 with 2186 viewsBoundy

It's like groundhog day, yet again .Anyone care to total incoming monies v outgoing transfers so far ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Early summer optimism fading on 11:50 - Aug 31 with 2176 viewsChippy69

Early summer optimism fading on 11:46 - Aug 31 by Boundy

It's like groundhog day, yet again .Anyone care to total incoming monies v outgoing transfers so far ?

Yet we still get sucked in every window

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Early summer optimism fading on 12:12 - Aug 31 with 2123 viewsAnotherJohn

I couldn't understand the optimism on the board a few weeks ago. Attitudes are changing after a couple of reality checks.
Early summer optimism fading on 12:45 - Aug 31 with 2045 viewsEagleEye

Early summer optimism fading on 12:12 - Aug 31 by AnotherJohn

I couldn't understand the optimism on the board a few weeks ago. Attitudes are changing after a couple of reality checks.

You are not alone, a significant majority of fellow supporters that I know are at a new low with the frustration of the current ownership. Our best players continue to be sold & in the case of Piroe & Ntcham not even replaced (yet). The shoddy treatment of Benda throughout his stay is another example of everything that is wrong. He would rather be third choice at Fulham than fight for his place back, good luck to him. The whole scenario feels like losing Sigurdsson & Llorente all over again, a real case of deja vu. We all know what followed that fiasco

But fear not, all is ok, the business experts will be here in a moment to tell you the club has done ‘good business’ - I feel for the position that Duff is now facing even though he has failed to convince me that the systems that he wants to play suit his resources. The continuous downward spiral is the return of the old old Swansea way
Early summer optimism fading on 14:09 - Aug 31 with 1955 viewscadleigh

Deadline days suck. They are like all your worst New Years Eves rolled into one - you hope that this one is going to be memorable for all the right reasons and you just wake up the next day feeling rubbish. But maybe that’s just me…

It’s not over til it’s over. Until then let’s keep hoping!

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Early summer optimism fading on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 1908 viewsjack247

Definitely.

When we signed Key and Yates early doors, I thought we’d turned a corner. See how we get on tomorrow, but to be honest, was anyone really surprised when the Davies deal fell through? We’ve got form.
Early summer optimism fading on 14:31 - Aug 31 with 1886 viewsonehunglow

Early summer optimism fading on 14:26 - Aug 31 by jack247

Definitely.

When we signed Key and Yates early doors, I thought we’d turned a corner. See how we get on tomorrow, but to be honest, was anyone really surprised when the Davies deal fell through? We’ve got form.

I was positive
It didn't last

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Early summer optimism fading on 14:41 - Aug 31 with 1871 viewscadleigh

Early summer optimism fading on 14:26 - Aug 31 by jack247

Definitely.

It's not deadline day today?!!! That explains a lot

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Login to get fewer ads

Early summer optimism fading on 14:49 - Aug 31 with 1842 viewsonehunglow

Early summer optimism fading on 14:41 - Aug 31 by cadleigh

It's not deadline day today?!!! That explains a lot

Think us fans are going to have to tough this out

Early summer optimism fading on 15:35 - Aug 31 with 1755 viewsReslovenSwan1

Early summer optimism fading on 14:31 - Aug 31 by onehunglow

I was positive
It didn't last

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Some great players available at 29-32 not 34 like McClean who went to Wrexham.

Clearly the club has to do due diligence and may take one or two on trial with 6 month contracts

Wise sage since Toshack era

Early summer optimism fading on 15:44 - Aug 31 with 1736 viewsraynor94

The thing is with the window, why do clubs us included leave it until the last day to do business, it's just a game of poker, when things can easily go wrong.

My opinion we definitely need a couple in left sided preferably

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Early summer optimism fading on 16:08 - Aug 31 with 1659 viewsonehunglow

Early summer optimism fading on 15:44 - Aug 31 by raynor94

The thing is with the window, why do clubs us included leave it until the last day to do business, it's just a game of poker, when things can easily go wrong.

Beats me Ray.

Early summer optimism fading on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 1513 viewssw02sea

And to think I was full of enthusiasm after MARTINBALL went, and we had a new manager.
Early summer optimism fading on 19:58 - Aug 31 with 1498 viewsmax936

Early summer optimism fading on 15:44 - Aug 31 by raynor94

And it cost clubs more by simple definition of it being deadline day.

Levien with his grubby paws all over it as usual, stand by your beds and wait for another BS video from him coming sometime next week!

Hope I'm wrong of course and we get at least two that we can use and not just bodies to make the squad up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Early summer optimism fading on 20:01 - Aug 31 with 1493 viewsmagicdaps10

Seems to be most are the same with optimism fading but unfortunately there does seem to be some blind ignorance about.

I really hoped that it was a new dawn after the season ended, a new sporting director, investment and a new chairman brought over the pond with his family with a big wage........thought the Piroe sale a good week before would really allow us to show the fans and others we mean business.

Hearing some horror stories today.....hoping some deals are just kept totally on the hush and we get some surprises with the minimum 4 required.

Early summer optimism fading on 20:08 - Aug 31 with 1462 viewsswan_si

Early summer optimism fading on 20:01 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

Seems to be most are the same with optimism fading but unfortunately there does seem to be some blind ignorance about.

I really hoped that it was a new dawn after the season ended, a new sporting director, investment and a new chairman brought over the pond with his family with a big wage........thought the Piroe sale a good week before would really allow us to show the fans and others we mean business.

Hearing some horror stories today.....hoping some deals are just kept totally on the hush and we get some surprises with the minimum 4 required.

I have a vision of you walking the streets with a go-pro, stopping random people for their opinions. 🤔😅
Early summer optimism fading on 20:14 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsraynor94

Early summer optimism fading on 20:01 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

If what you are saying is true, I'm not doubting you, but surely this makes Watson's job untenable, and has Duff been sold a pup

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Early summer optimism fading on 20:14 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsmax936

Early summer optimism fading on 20:08 - Aug 31 by swan_si

I have a vision of you walking the streets with a go-pro, stopping random people for their opinions. 🤔😅

You mean you haven't seen him already !

Only pulling your leg Daps

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Early summer optimism fading on 20:16 - Aug 31 with 1434 viewsmagicdaps10

Early summer optimism fading on 20:08 - Aug 31 by swan_si

😂 Very good.

I was out and about this morning and I know the crowd 😜

I was in Cardiff today and was approached(wearing a Swans hoodie) by another fan(I didn't even know him) and he said without any introduction "we won't be buying anyone decent tomorrow mate because the owners are tight fookers even after selling Piroe for over 10M"

Smiling away, I just asked him "what did you say your name was again"

Thankfully he thought it was funny and then the 2 old moaners starting talking more about the Swans.

Early summer optimism fading on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 1390 viewsFireboy2

Early summer optimism fading on 20:16 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

😂 Very good.

I was out and about this morning and I know the crowd 😜

I was in Cardiff today and was approached(wearing a Swans hoodie) by another fan(I didn't even know him) and he said without any introduction "we won't be buying anyone decent tomorrow mate because the owners are tight fookers even after selling Piroe for over 10M"

Smiling away, I just asked him "what did you say your name was again"

Thankfully he thought it was funny and then the 2 old moaners starting talking more about the Swans.

😂😂😂😂😂
Early summer optimism fading on 20:32 - Aug 31 with 1389 viewsjacksfullaces

Early summer optimism fading on 20:14 - Aug 31 by raynor94

If what you are saying is true, I'm not doubting you, but surely this makes Watson's job untenable, and has Duff been sold a pup

its the regular merry go round of supporters criticising manager wrong style ... players not performing ... owners not investing.... I'm not sure what managers are 'told' at appointment but I hardly think they are turning down jobs based on investment strategies, not the likes of Duff anyway. He will see how the club has been run and the fairly tight way business has been done so it will be on him to make the most of the resources he has. If the behind the scenes strategy is to keep us up, then that is the system he will need to develop. Just because that doesn't match the ambition of us fans then we know its going to be a moany few months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024