Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matched Betting 16:40 - Dec 13 with 2853 viewsSgorioFruit

penny for your thoughts?

worth doing?

is it slow and laborious and tedious as some are suggesting?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Matched Betting on 18:33 - Dec 13 with 2261 viewstrampie

I would say not worth doing for most for the reasons you mention, last night Bet365 offered evens on Man U & Bayern both teams to score (Bet 365 super boosts seem to lose most of the time these days) boosted from 2/5 odds on, William Hill and Betfair i think their odds that one or both teams would end up not scoring was 21/10.
So you could bet on both possible outcomes (evens and 21/10) and make a profit.

Ideally you would need accounts with lots of bookies to get the best odds to maximise winnings, a bit of a ball ache and I would not encourage people to bet, very few have the discipline and tools to beat the bookies.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 20:27]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Matched Betting on 19:43 - Dec 13 with 2222 viewsKilkennyjack

Matched Betting on 18:33 - Dec 13 by trampie

I would say not worth doing for most for the reasons you mention, last night Bet365 offered evens on Man U & Bayern both teams to score (Bet 365 super boosts seem to lose most of the time these days) boosted from 2/5 odds on, William Hill and Betfair i think their odds that one or both teams would end up not scoring was 21/10.
So you could bet on both possible outcomes (evens and 21/10) and make a profit.

Ideally you would need accounts with lots of bookies to get the best odds to maximise winnings, a bit of a ball ache and I would not encourage people to bet, very few have the discipline and tools to beat the bookies.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 20:27]

Well said, its a mugs game once the fun goes away.

Be careful.

Beware of the Risen People

Matched Betting on 20:06 - Dec 13 with 2204 viewsonehunglow

If you can avoid betting ,any betting ,do so.
No future in it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matched Betting on 07:21 - Dec 14 with 2130 viewsSgorioFruit

yes, thanks all for the advice,

my question is to people who have done it before,

I'm wise enough not to bet money to lose. Matched betting is guaranteed win.

Do i really want to be spending alot of my time for small gains though?

Matched Betting on 09:28 - Dec 14 with 2094 viewsBarrySwan

Matched Betting on 07:21 - Dec 14 by SgorioFruit

yes, thanks all for the advice,

my question is to people who have done it before,

I'm wise enough not to bet money to lose. Matched betting is guaranteed win.

Do i really want to be spending alot of my time for small gains though?

I think that the bird has almost flown on matched betting.

I've done it for years and contrary to the hard of thinking ( including those on here proclaiming the evils of gambling on a regular basis) regularly proclaiming that its a mugs game etc etc I and others have made a reasonable amount over the years.

Unfortunately once again those pandering to the inadequates with no self control and limited intelligence who gamble without the nous to win on a regular basis or to only speculate what is affordable to lose thus putting personal finances in meltdown have persuaded politicians to try and introduce restrictions that are ruining a source of entertainment and profit to those who are perfectly able to treat gambling within the parameters that allow a source of enjoyment and possible profit without literally losing the house.

I do appreciate that many lives have been badly affected by a supposed bread winner whose lack of self control has resulted in horrendous outcomes for their families, but unfortunately this also happens with those who seemingly can't control their spending on credit cards, holidays cars etc.

The activities of the majority of people who act in moderation in lawful pastimes should not be dictated or restricted by the excesses of those who just can't control themselves.

The same people trying to impose ludicrous regulations who wouldn't dare try to close down the drinks industry for example despite the inadequates in drink with no self control on a regular excessive basis who destroy their own and their families lives through that particular medium.

Apparently its not OK to speculate a few quid as an entertainment source such as the horses without demands to show your bank statements and limit losses to £100 a month but it is OK to go down your local travel agents and hand over £6,000 or £7,000 at a pop for a family holiday without similar requirements or restrictions to prove that you can afford to do so.

Its apparently OK to spend £thousands a year following a football team on a Saturday afternoon home or away but not OK to spend far less speculating a substantially smaller amount whilst having a bit of fun watching the horses on a Saturday afternoon with a chance of not only getting your money back but increasing your modest stakes whilst those spending a small fortune going down to a live football game, programmes, half time snacks, rip off priced pints, entrance fee, bobble hat and scarf purchase and latest rip off priced replica kits are presumably OK in losing a fortune each season on such entertainment without a word said by concerned MPs or minority pressure groups.

Getting back to matched betting the game is almost over due to the algorithms employed by online bookies which almost immediately identify and target those more savvy punters who are identifying, targeting and winning on the value bets and odds and allowing for profit without risk using matched betting.

Accounts are identified cancelled or restricted almost immediately ( sometimes after your first bet) whilst ironically those complaining about gambling being a mugs game because they aren't intelligent enough to make a profit are allowed to carry on largely unbothered by such restrictions if they wish to do so.

Those successful at gambling or the non gamble income stream that is matched betting are hounded by the betting companies to provide copies of their bank accounts, various ID's and generally made to jump through so many hoops to collect their winnings that it really isn't worth the bother any more in my view.

These restrictions introduced by the lobbying of thick as mince politicians influenced by the bleeding heart ''All gambling is evil brigade' ironically targets the successful gamblers
who are successful on a regular basis whilst the losing gamblers are allowed to carry on virtually unhindered.

So all in all although there might just still be money to be made by matched betting without putting your money at risk threats of restricting losses to to £100 a month would finish this as despite making a profit with one bookmaker if the politicians driven by the anti gambling lobby get their way you would see the very essence of matched betting destroyed because your losing laying off account with a different bookie would be would be shut down for the month despite you winning a substantial amount with your winning side of the matched bet.

I won't bore the readers who aren't familiar with the mechanics of matched betting with an explanation of why losing with the one bookies account is essential for the overall profit on each bet with matched betting.

Coupled with the failure to pay out without retrospective demands for back statements, all sorts of ID's etc etc. plus the aforementioned algorithms almost identifying immediately matched bettors and value bet punters along with many betting firms now actually owned by the same companies that you are staking and laying off with and the game is almost dead although there will still be individual anomalies allowing the odd lucrative transaction.

I've lost count of the accounts that I have had shut down or restricted due to winning despite Mr Onehunglow and others repeated insistence that gambling is a mugs game.

I would have thought that the real scandal that politicians should be looking into is the closure and restriction of successful gamblers accounts with much greater leeway given to losing accounts.

And also if those investing in betting are going to be restricted to only losing £100 a month then surely logic should dictate that spending on any leisure activity should be restricted after forking out £100 with no return a month also.

That of course would see the end of many peoples harmless enjoyment of watching live football on a Saturday afternoon of course which would quite rightly be an affront to civil liberties and the right to spend your income as you wish.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 10:41]
Matched Betting on 13:04 - Dec 14 with 2031 viewstrampie

Matched Betting on 09:28 - Dec 14 by BarrySwan

I've done it for years and contrary to the hard of thinking ( including those on here proclaiming the evils of gambling on a regular basis) regularly proclaiming that its a mugs game etc etc I and others have made a reasonable amount over the years.

Unfortunately once again those pandering to the inadequates with no self control and limited intelligence who gamble without the nous to win on a regular basis or to only speculate what is affordable to lose thus putting personal finances in meltdown have persuaded politicians to try and introduce restrictions that are ruining a source of entertainment and profit to those who are perfectly able to treat gambling within the parameters that allow a source of enjoyment and possible profit without literally losing the house.

I do appreciate that many lives have been badly affected by a supposed bread winner whose lack of self control has resulted in horrendous outcomes for their families, but unfortunately this also happens with those who seemingly can't control their spending on credit cards, holidays cars etc.

The activities of the majority of people who act in moderation in lawful pastimes should not be dictated or restricted by the excesses of those who just can't control themselves.

The same people trying to impose ludicrous regulations who wouldn't dare try to close down the drinks industry for example despite the inadequates in drink with no self control on a regular excessive basis who destroy their own and their families lives through that particular medium.

Apparently its not OK to speculate a few quid as an entertainment source such as the horses without demands to show your bank statements and limit losses to £100 a month but it is OK to go down your local travel agents and hand over £6,000 or £7,000 at a pop for a family holiday without similar requirements or restrictions to prove that you can afford to do so.

Its apparently OK to spend £thousands a year following a football team on a Saturday afternoon home or away but not OK to spend far less speculating a substantially smaller amount whilst having a bit of fun watching the horses on a Saturday afternoon with a chance of not only getting your money back but increasing your modest stakes whilst those spending a small fortune going down to a live football game, programmes, half time snacks, rip off priced pints, entrance fee, bobble hat and scarf purchase and latest rip off priced replica kits are presumably OK in losing a fortune each season on such entertainment without a word said by concerned MPs or minority pressure groups.

Getting back to matched betting the game is almost over due to the algorithms employed by online bookies which almost immediately identify and target those more savvy punters who are identifying, targeting and winning on the value bets and odds and allowing for profit without risk using matched betting.

Accounts are identified cancelled or restricted almost immediately ( sometimes after your first bet) whilst ironically those complaining about gambling being a mugs game because they aren't intelligent enough to make a profit are allowed to carry on largely unbothered by such restrictions if they wish to do so.

Those successful at gambling or the non gamble income stream that is matched betting are hounded by the betting companies to provide copies of their bank accounts, various ID's and generally made to jump through so many hoops to collect their winnings that it really isn't worth the bother any more in my view.

These restrictions introduced by the lobbying of thick as mince politicians influenced by the bleeding heart ''All gambling is evil brigade' ironically targets the successful gamblers
who are successful on a regular basis whilst the losing gamblers are allowed to carry on virtually unhindered.

So all in all although there might just still be money to be made by matched betting without putting your money at risk threats of restricting losses to to £100 a month would finish this as despite making a profit with one bookmaker if the politicians driven by the anti gambling lobby get their way you would see the very essence of matched betting destroyed because your losing laying off account with a different bookie would be would be shut down for the month despite you winning a substantial amount with your winning side of the matched bet.

I won't bore the readers who aren't familiar with the mechanics of matched betting with an explanation of why losing with the one bookies account is essential for the overall profit on each bet with matched betting.

Coupled with the failure to pay out without retrospective demands for back statements, all sorts of ID's etc etc. plus the aforementioned algorithms almost identifying immediately matched bettors and value bet punters along with many betting firms now actually owned by the same companies that you are staking and laying off with and the game is almost dead although there will still be individual anomalies allowing the odd lucrative transaction.

I've lost count of the accounts that I have had shut down or restricted due to winning despite Mr Onehunglow and others repeated insistence that gambling is a mugs game.

I would have thought that the real scandal that politicians should be looking into is the closure and restriction of successful gamblers accounts with much greater leeway given to losing accounts.

And also if those investing in betting are going to be restricted to only losing £100 a month then surely logic should dictate that spending on any leisure activity should be restricted after forking out £100 with no return a month also.

That of course would see the end of many peoples harmless enjoyment of watching live football on a Saturday afternoon of course which would quite rightly be an affront to civil liberties and the right to spend your income as you wish.

You are totally correct, I'm banned/restricted because I win but the issue is - I have seen it that only 3% of people beat the bookies over a period of time, that is why i would not want to encourage people to have a go.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 13:07]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Matched Betting on 13:21 - Dec 14 with 2018 viewstrampie

Sgorio could 'match bet' to turn free bets into the equivalent amount of cash and take it out or he could keep it in there and look at the enhanced odds bets some bookies offer, although they are cute with those, Liverpool to score first against Palace the other day, Liverpool had just let 3 in a home to Fulham, Man City away to Red Star with a second team and already qualified - although that one did come in.
You could use the enhanced odds to 'arb', they might offer an odds on favourite on the horses that is 1/2 or something as even money and you then might be able to bet on it with another bookie not to win at 5/4 against for example, ive done that type of thing many times in the past but im restricted to very small stakes by bookies these days.

Matched Betting on 13:38 - Dec 14 with 2003 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I know a fella who is mortgage free and retired at 40 from doing this but he went full on with it. It’s just maths at the end of the day. When it’s done properly you literally can’t lose. The trick is to avoid them picking up on what you’re doing otherwise they just ban you. Word of warning though if you’re looking to get any sort of mortgage or loan your bank statements will just be full of transactions in and out of various betting sites and they’ll see you as a gambling addict and give you nothing.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Matched Betting on 13:44 - Dec 14 with 1986 viewsonehunglow

Matched Betting on 09:28 - Dec 14 by BarrySwan

Thanks Kev for the mention in despatches
You regularly deride those you see as having poor interlrct but they are born with it and the attraction of making easy money is too compelling to refuse .
Tell your views to someone who lost somebody who threw themselves under a train because the pleasures you get from gambling eluding them.

Gambling is a curse, a blight on our times.

Simple as that

Matched Betting on 13:55 - Dec 14 with 1982 viewstrampie

Matched Betting on 13:38 - Dec 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I know a fella who is mortgage free and retired at 40 from doing this but he went full on with it. It’s just maths at the end of the day. When it’s done properly you literally can’t lose. The trick is to avoid them picking up on what you’re doing otherwise they just ban you. Word of warning though if you’re looking to get any sort of mortgage or loan your bank statements will just be full of transactions in and out of various betting sites and they’ll see you as a gambling addict and give you nothing.

A pro gambler like you refer too might or might not be an addict, I would guess most pro gamblers are not addicts.

Matched Betting on 14:00 - Dec 14 with 1970 viewsonehunglow

Matched Betting on 13:55 - Dec 14 by trampie

A pro gambler like you refer too might or might not be an addict, I would guess most pro gamblers are not addicts.

My wife worked with someone who didn’t see himself as an addict but one who lost,job,wife and home .
Not worth the risk .
Gambling odds ensure bookmakers end up like the Coates family .

Matched Betting on 14:14 - Dec 14 with 1965 viewstrampie

Matched Betting on 13:44 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

You regularly deride those you see as having poor interlrct but they are born with it and the attraction of making easy money is too compelling to refuse .
Tell your views to someone who lost somebody who threw themselves under a train because the pleasures you get from gambling eluding them.

Simple as that

There are worse vices, speed for one, motorcyclists and push bike riders are a big danger to the public at large imo and of course people that abuse alcohol and or drugs are another big problem to society, gambling can ruin lives but not in the same league as speed freaks, drinkers or druggies.

For somebody with their head screwed on its possible to be one of the 3 percent that regular beat the bookies if that person has the right tools, what sgorio asked is head screwed on sensible - is it worth the hassle to do match betting.

Matched Betting on 14:19 - Dec 14 with 1954 viewsonehunglow

Matched Betting on 14:14 - Dec 14 by trampie

There are worse vices, speed for one, motorcyclists and push bike riders are a big danger to the public at large imo and of course people that abuse alcohol and or drugs are another big problem to society, gambling can ruin lives but not in the same league as speed freaks, drinkers or druggies.

For somebody with their head screwed on its possible to be one of the 3 percent that regular beat the bookies if that person has the right tools, what sgorio asked is head screwed on sensible - is it worth the hassle to do match betting.

Quite how you can conflate speedsters and gamblers beats me .

Matched Betting on 14:38 - Dec 14 with 1937 viewstrampie

Matched Betting on 14:19 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Quite how you can conflate speedsters and gamblers beats me .

That is the point speedsters (as well as drinkers and drug takers) are a bigger danger than gamblers to society.

Matched Betting on 17:50 - Dec 14 with 1884 viewsTogg

Matched Betting on 19:43 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

Well said, its a mugs game once the fun goes away.

Be careful.

I'm with you on that one!!
Matched Betting on 18:08 - Dec 14 with 1864 viewsonehunglow

Matched Betting on 14:38 - Dec 14 by trampie

That is the point speedsters (as well as drinkers and drug takers) are a bigger danger than gamblers to society.

That is true
Let’s all go betting then

Matched Betting on 18:16 - Dec 14 with 1859 viewsSgorioFruit

thanks for the replies and advice chaps. None of what your saying is wrong really, betting and losing money should never been encouraged.

There is some mixed responses here. Yes i know betting is a mugs game. I am not asking how do i start betting, in order to go and make myself broke and become an alcoholic and destroy my family etc etc,
I have been around betting long enough to know what it can and cannot do.

What i don't have much experience with is matched betting.
I have been doing it only for a couple of weeks and its slow but 100% no loss.
Matched betting is what i was talking about, and as others have commented, it is a whole different ball game to just gambling and losing money week in week out. You simply cannot lose money.

I was talking and aiming my queries specifically at matched betting, which BarrySwan replied with a good informative reply. That is what i was looking for. Thankyou.

My only question really, is if matched betting is 100% no risk of losing, then why isn't everyone else doing it and lumping tens of thousands on it.
The answer to which i think BarrySwan has put in his reply, quite simply that the bookies will soon shut you down if you start bagging lots of cash.

It is all about matched betting for me and being one step ahead of the bookies trying to close my accounts down.

Matched Betting on 19:43 - Dec 14 with 1809 viewsBarrySwan

Matched Betting on 13:44 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Simple as that

I am not deriding anyone with a perceived poor intellect at all. Who is to judge anyway?

What I am saying is that those who wish to partake in a legal activity shouldn't be prevented from doing so because of those who appear to have a weakness and lack of self control which leads to catastrophic results for themselves and their families.

Its for those people to consider and answer for their own actions and I'm fed up of those who act with restraint and sense being affected and restricted by the actions of others who don't.
Matched Betting on 19:49 - Dec 14 with 1803 viewsonehunglow

Don’t bet

Matched Betting on 20:09 - Dec 14 with 1781 viewsSgorioFruit

Matched Betting on 19:49 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Don’t bet

what about matched betting though? :)

Matched Betting on 20:40 - Dec 14 with 1765 viewsonehunglow

Matched Betting on 20:09 - Dec 14 by SgorioFruit

what about matched betting though? :)

Personally mate,the whole principle of gambling is anathema to me.
I used to gamble ,as a kid.
Nobody wants to be an addict at anything
The pressure to get into gaming is telling and makes billionaires out of feral rats who take advantage of the frailties of human nature
Just my opinion SF ,which you asked for.
The idea of easy money is both tempting and prone to dismay .

Matched Betting on 21:24 - Dec 14 with 1739 viewstrampie

Matched Betting on 20:40 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Personally mate,the whole principle of gambling is anathema to me.
I used to gamble ,as a kid.
Nobody wants to be an addict at anything
The pressure to get into gaming is telling and makes billionaires out of feral rats who take advantage of the frailties of human nature
Just my opinion SF ,which you asked for.
The idea of easy money is both tempting and prone to dismay .

He's not talking about gambling per se, it's taking advantage of free bets and betting on all options so you can't lose.

Matched Betting on 23:16 - Dec 14 with 1703 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Matched Betting on 18:16 - Dec 14 by SgorioFruit

thanks for the replies and advice chaps. None of what your saying is wrong really, betting and losing money should never been encouraged.

There is some mixed responses here. Yes i know betting is a mugs game. I am not asking how do i start betting, in order to go and make myself broke and become an alcoholic and destroy my family etc etc,
I have been around betting long enough to know what it can and cannot do.

What i don't have much experience with is matched betting.
I have been doing it only for a couple of weeks and its slow but 100% no loss.
Matched betting is what i was talking about, and as others have commented, it is a whole different ball game to just gambling and losing money week in week out. You simply cannot lose money.

I was talking and aiming my queries specifically at matched betting, which BarrySwan replied with a good informative reply. That is what i was looking for. Thankyou.

My only question really, is if matched betting is 100% no risk of losing, then why isn't everyone else doing it and lumping tens of thousands on it.
The answer to which i think BarrySwan has put in his reply, quite simply that the bookies will soon shut you down if you start bagging lots of cash.

It is all about matched betting for me and being one step ahead of the bookies trying to close my accounts down.

I think the secret is constantly deleting your cookies on your device. There’s one specific cookie that the sites all plant on you and it tracks you going to other sites and the exchanges and picks up on what you’re doing,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Matched Betting on 09:15 - Dec 15 with 1647 viewslifelong

I enjoy a game of online poker. Been playing for many years, small stake tournaments. Play most Friday evenings. You have to be disciplined and set a limit as to how much you are prepared to spend each week and lock in that amount with the provider.
Matched Betting on 09:19 - Dec 15 with 1645 viewsonehunglow

Matched Betting on 21:24 - Dec 14 by trampie

He's not talking about gambling per se, it's taking advantage of free bets and betting on all options so you can't lose.

K can defend himself just fine.
I hold him in high esteem.
I am against gambling in principle .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024