Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just renewed season ticket 22:23 - Jan 5 with 4051 viewssw02sea

I had to wait just in case the owners made another Duff appointment.
I know some will say I can’t be a “proper “ supporter if I didn’t renew, no matter who came in.
But I'm revitalised after doing a bit of research into Luke Williams’s ethos, on how he manages a football club.
Just renewed season ticket on 23:02 - Jan 19 with 990 viewsSTID2017

Just renewed season ticket on 16:18 - Jan 18 by jack247

Well said Flash. Not going to games seems to have become a bit of a badge of honour lately. Wonder if it would be the same without streaming.

I took my dogs for a walk on the beach rather than watch the stream one day ( or go down the stadium )
I was one of the latter games under Duff
Wouldnt have cost me anything either way to watch it but apathy had set in.
Hope we are on the up again now

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Just renewed season ticket on 13:22 - Jan 20 with 917 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just renewed season ticket on 16:18 - Jan 18 by jack247

Well said Flash. Not going to games seems to have become a bit of a badge of honour lately. Wonder if it would be the same without streaming.

A badge of honour? No, maybe it's because people have had enough of how we are being run? Maybe they had enough of rubbish on the pitch with no signs of improvement, maybe Williams can change that.
Just renewed season ticket on 18:43 - Jan 20 with 852 viewsbuilthjack

Just renewed season ticket on 15:43 - Jan 18 by STID2017

Incredible if true ... and sure Builthy's sources are fairly accurate

I was joking.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just renewed season ticket on 18:46 - Jan 20 with 844 viewsbuilthjack

I don’t understand these people who don’t renew. You either love it or you don’t I guess.
I suppose for some, if we are Premier League or top 6 Championship they would renew.
To me, support is always, no when we are up top.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just renewed season ticket on 20:13 - Jan 20 with 807 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just renewed season ticket on 18:46 - Jan 20 by builthjack

I don’t understand these people who don’t renew. You either love it or you don’t I guess.
I suppose for some, if we are Premier League or top 6 Championship they would renew.
To me, support is always, no when we are up top.

After over 50 years goingto the Swans I just don't enjoy it anymore. It's nothingto do with our league position. I enjoyed our days in the lower leagues quitea bit, the away trips, the craic with mates, even when the football was dire I used to enjoy the craic.

Over the years others drifted away and now there's basically two out of what used to be a group of 15 plus who stood together on the North bank and with so many pubs shut and getting to the game (life often gets in the way) it's just not fun anymore. Then, I enjoyed it more after dropping back out of the EPL, in fact it was the Premier league that started turning me off football, far from being a glory hunter I prefer life in the Championship.

if you're not enjoying something anymore what are you supposed to do? personally I'm looking for something else to enjoy. I even missed a large chunk of todays game choosing to walk the dog rather than watch on tv.
Just renewed season ticket on 20:27 - Jan 20 with 782 viewsbuilthjack

Just renewed season ticket on 20:13 - Jan 20 by SullutaCreturned

After over 50 years goingto the Swans I just don't enjoy it anymore. It's nothingto do with our league position. I enjoyed our days in the lower leagues quitea bit, the away trips, the craic with mates, even when the football was dire I used to enjoy the craic.

Over the years others drifted away and now there's basically two out of what used to be a group of 15 plus who stood together on the North bank and with so many pubs shut and getting to the game (life often gets in the way) it's just not fun anymore. Then, I enjoyed it more after dropping back out of the EPL, in fact it was the Premier league that started turning me off football, far from being a glory hunter I prefer life in the Championship.

if you're not enjoying something anymore what are you supposed to do? personally I'm looking for something else to enjoy. I even missed a large chunk of todays game choosing to walk the dog rather than watch on tv.

Sorry, I just don’t understand that mindset.
Isn’t your son a teenager who wants to go?
You had the chance as a kid to go to games by the sound of it, somwhy spoil his fun?

Just renewed season ticket on 21:05 - Jan 20 with 760 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just renewed season ticket on 20:27 - Jan 20 by builthjack

Sorry, I just don’t understand that mindset.
Isn’t your son a teenager who wants to go?
You had the chance as a kid to go to games by the sound of it, somwhy spoil his fun?

He didn't want to go today, he has discovered girls see and today his girlfriend came to ur houseand was here all day. Without him I really wasn't interested. If he wants to go next game I will.

He is also more interested in playing than watching. I won't renew our seasons but we'll buy tickets as and when next season. On the bright side, the club will make more money from us that way.
Then next year he'll be able to go with his mates anyway, he's old enough then.

To be honest I'd rather save the money and do more travelling. There's lots in Asia to see while I'm young enough.
Just renewed season ticket on 21:13 - Jan 20 with 736 viewsbuilthjack

Just renewed season ticket on 21:05 - Jan 20 by SullutaCreturned

He didn't want to go today, he has discovered girls see and today his girlfriend came to ur houseand was here all day. Without him I really wasn't interested. If he wants to go next game I will.

He is also more interested in playing than watching. I won't renew our seasons but we'll buy tickets as and when next season. On the bright side, the club will make more money from us that way.
Then next year he'll be able to go with his mates anyway, he's old enough then.

To be honest I'd rather save the money and do more travelling. There's lots in Asia to see while I'm young enough.

You must be interested or you wouldn’t spend a lot of time on a Swansea City message board

Login to get fewer ads

Just renewed season ticket on 06:40 - Jan 21 with 672 viewsjack247

Just renewed season ticket on 20:13 - Jan 20 by SullutaCreturned

I understand the apathy, I understand people’s interests change and I understand people who used to go all the time picking and choosing. I’ve picked up and dropped interests over the years.

I was more referring to the ‘I won’t put another penny into the club while these owners are here’ or ‘while Martin/Duff/etc is the manager’ crowd, who aren’t there on principle, but you know will be as soon as we go on a run. They seem to be getting more prominent on sites like this and social media.
Just renewed season ticket on 08:15 - Jan 21 with 653 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just renewed season ticket on 06:40 - Jan 21 by jack247

I understand the apathy, I understand people’s interests change and I understand people who used to go all the time picking and choosing. I’ve picked up and dropped interests over the years.

I was more referring to the ‘I won’t put another penny into the club while these owners are here’ or ‘while Martin/Duff/etc is the manager’ crowd, who aren’t there on principle, but you know will be as soon as we go on a run. They seem to be getting more prominent on sites like this and social media.

Yeah I agree with that, even in the Premier league there were people who had seasons and turned up for the big clubs but sold their seats for the likes of Bournemouth and Watford.

These are the people who didnt renew when we dropped down a division, these are the plastic glory hunters who are there more to watch the big 6 than the Swans. My mate was telling me that he watched an away game (sure he said Liverpool) in a pub in Neath one day and people he knew to be Swans fans and season ticket holders were there in their red shirts and cheering when Liverpool scored, that is what all smaller clubs are battling with, even their own fanbase has people who'd rather be known as Liverpool, manyoo etc than Swansea fans even when they have ST's down here.

Saying all that I did also say I wouldn't give these owners any more money unless they changed their ways. Maybe if Williams turns us into a martinez style team I'll be more interested because those games were nearly always fun, aways goals at both ends, lets call it swashbuckling eh
Just renewed season ticket on 14:37 - Jan 29 with 507 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Renewed mine last night.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024