Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points from winning & losing positions 14:15 - Jan 15 with 654 viewsEagleEye

After reading that we have dropped 23 pts from winning positions, I have done a little research to follow this up. From our 27 league games we been in front in 17 of those games only managing to hold on for a win in 8 games. Transfermarkt showing that only Rotherham are worse than us on a points per game basis for holding on to a lead. There are multiple ways to read in to our record so make of it what you will.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/punktenachfuehrung/wettbewerb/GB2/s

Winning games from losing positions does not read great either, according to Transfermarkt we have only won 1 game from a losing position, recovering to draw 5 games but ultimately losing 10 games when we go behind. Amazingly we are nowhere near the worse for winning points from losing positions, Leeds & Ipswich leading the way for recovering points. Surprisingly Southampton & West Brom amongst the worse for winning points after going behind. Again make your own conclusions
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/punktenachrueckstand/wettbewerb/GB2

Points from winning & losing positions on 14:26 - Jan 15 with 635 viewsKeithHaynes

Two things to work on there for Luke then.

Mine is Williams did say on Saturday that we drew the game as a result of making the wrong decisions and defended too much to preserve the lead. Hence my comments towards Grimes, that’s his job to ensure this doesn’t happen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Points from winning & losing positions on 16:15 - Jan 15 with 536 viewsonehunglow

Points from winning & losing positions on 14:26 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

Two things to work on there for Luke then.

Mine is Williams did say on Saturday that we drew the game as a result of making the wrong decisions and defended too much to preserve the lead. Hence my comments towards Grimes, that’s his job to ensure this doesn’t happen.

Indeed so
Grimes represents the coach and his tactics and the one who instruct his colleagues as to what is required . Alsoto inspire and lead by example .

To question this is not “ slagging off” or anything remotely like it.
Grimes has ability but is no leader on the field

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Points from winning & losing positions on 16:40 - Jan 15 with 511 viewsKeithHaynes

Points from winning & losing positions on 16:15 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Indeed so
Grimes represents the coach and his tactics and the one who instruct his colleagues as to what is required . Alsoto inspire and lead by example .

To question this is not “ slagging off” or anything remotely like it.
Grimes has ability but is no leader on the field

I do know he is very well respected off the pitch and a leader in the dressing room. He’s up and down performance wise for me, his football has been ok, he is a talent, but I don’t see him pulling up trees as a captain on the pitch.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024