Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inexperienced Leadership 06:27 - Jan 26 with 1262 viewsBillyChong

Williams - plucked from a well backed side 2 leagues below. Relegated a league 1 side where he wasn’t backed. No experience of leading a second tier club. A gamble? Certainly with where the club is currently at but early days.

Needs to find a way to adapt to a better standard with a worse squad equivalent. Outscoring teams whilst freely conceding isn’t achievable with this group nor at this level. Needs backing in the market if we want to see successful WilliamsBall. His mouth seems to be ahead of his mind in interviews and he may blurt out his thoughts on this.

Coleman - no experience in this sort of role. Claims he calls the shots but looking more of a fall guy for distant owners. Over credited for convincing a manager from 2 leagues below to join the club - who wouldn’t make that step up?

Gude - no experience in this sort of role. Highly paid Coleman “advisor”?

Watson - gone from a general operations title to a football operations role. Seems to lack PR awareness.

The above should be around a table today followed by a cross Atlantic call to Levien requesting the ok to sort the defence and striker out. Maybe Saint Silverstein will show up for a big week, it’s been a while.
Inexperienced Leadership on 06:55 - Jan 26 with 1220 viewsangryjack

Whoever takes charge ain't got a chance when we got owners who won't give you tools you need..our squad ain't good enough no pace no centre forward who can hold the ball no outlet ....crying out for pace in attack and defence and midfield...whoever takes over its same story sacked or walks after few months then repeat
Inexperienced Leadership on 08:54 - Jan 26 with 1120 viewsonehunglow

Brave and correct
We needed an old head not the likes of him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Inexperienced Leadership on 15:07 - Jan 26 with 978 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swsnsea need stability a long term plan and better tactics. Williams form what i understand was playing 'Martinball' with their old MK Dons player in goal. Martin had been working on it for two seasons.

Fisher did a crazy pass into trouble and gave ABFC an extra goal for their trouble. Given it take months to perfect I ask the simple question why Swansea is working to train up three loan players. Rushworth, Ashby and Humphries these advance techniques if they have only 6 month left in Swansea.

It was Ntjoe, Ogbeta, Broome, Kukarevic and Lissah that need the hard lesssons and developing time.

There may be a plan but it is not a good one. Coleman talks culture. The Culture is "quick fix", loan players and players often out of their normal position.
[Post edited 26 Jan 15:08]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Inexperienced Leadership on 15:14 - Jan 26 with 964 viewsswancity

Luke Williams tactical nous and knowledge is already under scrutiny after that defeat last night. He was responsible for the 5-0 in terms of the shape of the team. Too many players in advanced positions with the result that we were outnumbered in our defensive areas. That was obvious after ten minutes. Nothing was done until it was 0-5 and game over. He tried to be too clever. There was no need. What is it with modern coaches.

Just get the team out there to fight for every ball, show pride and keep your shape. Get forward when you can. Keep possession but don’t take risks. It’s not rocket science.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Inexperienced Leadership on 15:17 - Jan 26 with 957 viewsonehunglow

Inexperienced Leadership on 15:14 - Jan 26 by swancity

Luke Williams tactical nous and knowledge is already under scrutiny after that defeat last night. He was responsible for the 5-0 in terms of the shape of the team. Too many players in advanced positions with the result that we were outnumbered in our defensive areas. That was obvious after ten minutes. Nothing was done until it was 0-5 and game over. He tried to be too clever. There was no need. What is it with modern coaches.

Just get the team out there to fight for every ball, show pride and keep your shape. Get forward when you can. Keep possession but don’t take risks. It’s not rocket science.

To have players trying to play like that defines stupidity itself .

Inexperienced Leadership on 23:23 - Jan 26 with 755 viewsSTID2017

Inexperienced Leadership on 08:54 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

Brave and correct
We needed an old head not the likes of him

How many games has he been in charge ?
Give the guy a chance to find the key to his office before you champion getting rid

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Inexperienced Leadership on 23:55 - Jan 26 with 738 viewsonehunglow

Inexperienced Leadership on 23:23 - Jan 26 by STID2017

How many games has he been in charge ?
Give the guy a chance to find the key to his office before you champion getting rid

Have you been sent over to this site for today
Last Christmas I gave you my heart . Two christmases ago ,II didn't have one evil , see

Inexperienced Leadership on 08:07 - Jan 27 with 660 viewsPawelAbbott

Inexperienced Leadership on 15:14 - Jan 26 by swancity

It's not looking too promising for Williams at the moment.
The last two games have been against strong opposition.
I'm not really sure what his plan may have been, but in both games it was in pieces within 10 minutes.
The whole team looked shambolic as if they had no clue what they were meant to be doing.
He said that they were nervous.
For senior Pros like Grimes, Allen and Naughton to be going into those games nervous suggests that they really weren't sure what they were intending to do.
Just keep it simple and defend, to give yourselves time to settle into the new style.
Login to get fewer ads

Inexperienced Leadership on 10:58 - Jan 27 with 575 viewsjackrmee

Inexperienced Leadership on 08:07 - Jan 27 by PawelAbbott

It's not looking too promising for Williams at the moment.
The last two games have been against strong opposition.
I'm not really sure what his plan may have been, but in both games it was in pieces within 10 minutes.
The whole team looked shambolic as if they had no clue what they were meant to be doing.
He said that they were nervous.
For senior Pros like Grimes, Allen and Naughton to be going into those games nervous suggests that they really weren't sure what they were intending to do.
Just keep it simple and defend, to give yourselves time to settle into the new style.

Williams said he was going to get straight into his way of playing, and get the players doing what he wants immediately.

I think this was a little naive, especially with the solid matches he had to start with.

I do think he has realised that and had an eye opener.
We need to remember, just because someone is inexperienced at this level, or any level really, it doesn’t mean they lack the skills or nous to learn and recover.

Being inexperienced, there was always going to be an element of him learning on the job. That’s a given.
If he had started with some good performances, that would have stood them in good stead to slowly get his theories into practice.

Just so happens it hasn’t gone well. He has managed to change things and get better reaction out of the players, but this start has definitely given him a shock.
That could be a good thing for us to be honest.
Many slagged Russ for being to reliant and stubborn, or even arrogant that his way was the best or only way.
If Williams had started off well, maybe that would have given him the same sort of complex many thought Russ had (not me by the way), and caused him to continue too long without thinking he may be wrong.

At least, now there will be a lot of work going on regarding different tactics etc.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Inexperienced Leadership on 11:09 - Jan 27 with 562 viewsSTID2017

Inexperienced Leadership on 23:55 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

Have you been sent over to this site for today
Last Christmas I gave you my heart . Two christmases ago ,II didn't have one evil , see

What are you on about "sent over" ?
This is the only forum I post on currently ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024