Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come 08:00 - Jan 30 with 1593 viewsSwansIndependent

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come 30th Jan 2024 08:00
Luke Williams spent plenty of time in his pre match press interview ( Leicester City away tonight : KO 7:45pm ) on Sporting Director, Paul Watson who was instrumental in getting Ronald Pereira Martins to sign for the Swans. Quite clearly whilst a very poorly made ‘Watson out’ banner was held high at Coventry City last month, Watson was applying himself elsewhere. He probably was out a lot as well. 0

Watson bites back, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 08:40 - Jan 30 with 1488 viewsPawelAbbott

Does that mean he also takes the blame if it doesn't work out? Like most of the summer signings
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 08:55 - Jan 30 with 1455 viewspembsjack

He'll get the credit when hopefully, he Ronald turns out to be a decent player.
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 08:56 - Jan 30 with 1450 viewsjackrmee

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 08:40 - Jan 30 by PawelAbbott

Does that mean he also takes the blame if it doesn't work out? Like most of the summer signings

In fairness, the signings have probably gone better than I first thought.
The strikers have been poor, be it because of management, or just poor signings. £4.5m and neither doing anything.

Loan signings seem poor, but actually, how was Watson to know how they would turn out. On paper, they are probably the most promising bunch of loans we signed for a long time.
Bashir was very well thought of and getting in Chelsea first team squad. Good work to prise him from that. Not Watson fault he hasn’t performed.
Patino, well he has it all and again, in and around Arsenal first team. Good work to get him in. Hasn’t performed as well as planned.
Ashby, another close to the first team of a top prem club. Lots of talk and hype. This is the kind of player we should be signing on loan. Should be hungry and special. He’s shown glimpses, but is not.
Lowe, we all know loves Swansea and even though he hasn’t pulled up trees, he was a good signing and good because we can sign him permanently.
Rushworth has been great.

Pederson for me isn’t a great signing, but we definitely needed numbers there.
Tymon seemed too expensive imo, but he is coming good now.
Key great signing.
Bolasie seemed decent for a short term hit.
Ginelley great, but was a risk due to injury.

So all in all, I think Watson has done a decent job there.
Loans can be disregarded.
2 “duff” strikers, but I think Myko can still come good, so that not down the drain.
Yates may be the only poor signing, and even that could have been to fit in more with Duffs tactics, so just didn’t work.

As for the sales of Shittaker and Ali Al Hammadi etc. I don’t think we can blame Watson for players attitude or managers not feeling they are good enough, or their short termism that has been mentioned.

Therefore, I have changed my opinion, and think Watson has done a decent job of it, especially when we needed so many numbers in the building.

Less loans and more signing that love and want to play for the badge, is my only further request.

Onwards and upwards 🙏🙏🙏

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:10 - Jan 30 with 1404 viewsRichardO

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 08:56 - Jan 30 by jackrmee

The strikers have been poor, be it because of management, or just poor signings. £4.5m and neither doing anything.

Loan signings seem poor, but actually, how was Watson to know how they would turn out. On paper, they are probably the most promising bunch of loans we signed for a long time.
Bashir was very well thought of and getting in Chelsea first team squad. Good work to prise him from that. Not Watson fault he hasn’t performed.
Patino, well he has it all and again, in and around Arsenal first team. Good work to get him in. Hasn’t performed as well as planned.
Ashby, another close to the first team of a top prem club. Lots of talk and hype. This is the kind of player we should be signing on loan. Should be hungry and special. He’s shown glimpses, but is not.
Lowe, we all know loves Swansea and even though he hasn’t pulled up trees, he was a good signing and good because we can sign him permanently.

Key great signing.

2 “duff” strikers, but I think Myko can still come good, so that not down the drain.
Yates may be the only poor signing, and even that could have been to fit in more with Duffs tactics, so just didn’t work.

As for the sales of Shittaker and Ali Al Hammadi etc. I don’t think we can blame Watson for players attitude or managers not feeling they are good enough, or their short termism that has been mentioned.

Therefore, I have changed my opinion, and think Watson has done a decent job of it, especially when we needed so many numbers in the building.

Less loans and more signing that love and want to play for the badge, is my only further request.

Onwards and upwards 🙏🙏🙏

Think all in all fair comments, the change of managers and injuries to "Key" players has mean an ever-changing side hasn't help us to build towards a functioning team, up to Williams to tie everything together and get performances on the pitch but that takes time and hopefully not too long so the club can push forward
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:24 - Jan 30 with 1334 viewsWhiterockin

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 08:56 - Jan 30 by jackrmee

Key great signing.

Onwards and upwards 🙏🙏🙏

Only my opinion but so far Watson has done a terrible job, he is paid to anticipate how things will turn out. A person in his position needs to be able to judge the requirements of the club and what players/coaches we can get to satisfy those requirements, it's all down to judgment and so far Watsons has been poor at best.

I will reserve my decision on whether to give him credit for Ronald until after I have seen him play a couple of games. There will be more major decisions to be made in the next couple of days, let's hope Watson is up to it.
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:27 - Jan 30 with 1319 viewsonehunglow

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:24 - Jan 30 by Whiterockin

Only my opinion but so far Watson has done a terrible job, he is paid to anticipate how things will turn out. A person in his position needs to be able to judge the requirements of the club and what players/coaches we can get to satisfy those requirements, it's all down to judgment and so far Watsons has been poor at best.

I will reserve my decision on whether to give him credit for Ronald until after I have seen him play a couple of games. There will be more major decisions to be made in the next couple of days, let's hope Watson is up to it.

I think he and the club lack foresight
God knows how they spend their working day

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:27 - Jan 30 with 1324 viewsWhiterockin

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:27 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

I think he and the club lack foresight
God knows how they spend their working day

On the golf course?
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 1293 viewsonehunglow

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 09:27 - Jan 30 by Whiterockin

On the golf course?

That’s punishment enough
G ‘Day

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 15:09 - Jan 30 with 977 viewsEagleEye

Watson will some credit from me when the player is starting regularly, creating & scoring goals. Until then he is just doing his job. He has some work to do to convince a lot of people that he is up to the job based on what he has achieved so far
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 18:27 - Jan 30 with 800 viewsBillyChong

Would be interesting to know where the ‘data based approach’ has come into this one. His stats don’t stand out, albeit in the top division of Portugal. Can’t say I’m familiar enough with the league to comment on the standard compared to the Championship.
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 18:55 - Jan 30 with 756 viewsThrasher6

I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still...Da Doo Ron Ron....

On the bench tonight
[Post edited 30 Jan 18:56]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 19:05 - Jan 30 with 719 viewsunion_jack

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 18:55 - Jan 30 by Thrasher6

I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still...Da Doo Ron Ron....

On the bench tonight
[Post edited 30 Jan 18:56]

Be very surprised to see him come on. Nor Cabango.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 19:35 - Jan 30 with 672 viewshobo

Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 18:27 - Jan 30 by BillyChong

Would be interesting to know where the ‘data based approach’ has come into this one. His stats don’t stand out, albeit in the top division of Portugal. Can’t say I’m familiar enough with the league to comment on the standard compared to the Championship.

Not sure that's in place yet. Ronald's underlying stats and skillset certainly doesn't seem up to much but hopefully our coaches can find a player in him
Paul Watson gets the credit for Ronald : And there will be more to come on 20:10 - Jan 30 with 630 viewsRhonddaSwans

incoming rento sanches 2.0

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024