Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness 09:55 - Jan 31 with 1514 viewsonehunglow

Morning all.
I saw a thread from our Guvna yesterday about the current injuries in the squ@d but missed the name of Liam .
Is there anything specific that makes him unfit or is it just malaise.
My opinion is he should either retire or have contract ripped up.
He will not make it as @ footballer professionally @t this level .
Not his fault and good luck to him but he needs another career and help to retrain

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 10:07 - Jan 31 with 1490 viewsEagleEye

We’ve wasted enough of our limited resources on this guy, time to go
Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 10:27 - Jan 31 with 1437 viewsWhiterockin

He is away from the club to "consider the options available to him" as far as I believe. We have responsibilities to him as he has to us, I wouldn't be surprised if the PFA were mediating an insurance and severance agreement. The second part is not a fact only my opinion.
Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 10:55 - Jan 31 with 1367 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 10:27 - Jan 31 by Whiterockin

He is away from the club to "consider the options available to him" as far as I believe. We have responsibilities to him as he has to us, I wouldn't be surprised if the PFA were mediating an insurance and severance agreement. The second part is not a fact only my opinion.

Thanks for the replies.
It’s clear ,to me anyway,he is finished.
A shame as he has ability but he’s not physically strong enough.
Other young players gave retrained and gone on to make a good living.
My sister in law in Devon has had a firmer Cardiff favourite fit a new bathroom and he did a great job .
Liam s time with us has been disastrous

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 13:36 - Jan 31 with 1203 viewsReslovenSwan1

The wording suggests the club have lost patience with him as he cannot put together a run of games.

He could be employed on a 'paid as you play' basis and given a clerical job as a back up if the club want to keep him in some capacity. .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 13:41 - Jan 31 with 1192 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 13:36 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The wording suggests the club have lost patience with him as he cannot put together a run of games.

He could be employed on a 'paid as you play' basis and given a clerical job as a back up if the club want to keep him in some capacity. .

Clerical job.?
He’s probably got arthritic hands so can’t hold a pen.
Past a joke now.
It was suggested to me we gave him time,supported him,etc
What a load of crap.
He should have been binned long ago.
He is earning good money for nowt

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 1105 viewsunion_jack

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 13:41 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Clerical job.?
He’s probably got arthritic hands so can’t hold a pen.
Past a joke now.
It was suggested to me we gave him time,supported him,etc
What a load of crap.
He should have been binned long ago.
He is earning good money for nowt

I’d agree with you if he was bang average R, but he was a good prospect and I think the time invested in him up until now has been justified. I think that time has passed now and I feel awfully sorry for the guy.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 17:17 - Jan 31 with 1035 viewsReslovenSwan1

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 15:42 - Jan 31 by union_jack

I’d agree with you if he was bang average R, but he was a good prospect and I think the time invested in him up until now has been justified. I think that time has passed now and I feel awfully sorry for the guy.

Nigel Pearson said virtually the same as you just said two and a half years ago. Swansea took a punt on the fellow and it has not paid off.

Recruitment teams take a punt when they are out of options or resources. Walsh should only ever have been given 6 months contracts.

He was signed the same time as Patterson I think.
[Post edited 31 Jan 17:22]

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 18:34 - Jan 31 with 960 viewsonehunglow

He’s looked like he could be good but when he was getting up to speed,it imploded
I feel for us

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 18:43 - Jan 31 with 944 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 18:34 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

He’s looked like he could be good but when he was getting up to speed,it imploded
I feel for us

Liam Walsh definitely mentioned in that feature. He has had time off to reflect on his current position. Pretty certain he will be getting PFA guidance too. I would imagine he really only has one course of action to take. Face up to it, do your coaching badges and reach for the stars.

Yes it’s sad, but his PFA pension will be very decent and if he does reflect on his options honestly, he has far more to look forward to. Positivity.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 20:05 - Jan 31 with 855 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 18:43 - Jan 31 by KeithHaynes

Liam Walsh definitely mentioned in that feature. He has had time off to reflect on his current position. Pretty certain he will be getting PFA guidance too. I would imagine he really only has one course of action to take. Face up to it, do your coaching badges and reach for the stars.

Yes it’s sad, but his PFA pension will be very decent and if he does reflect on his options honestly, he has far more to look forward to. Positivity.

Many his age have no pensions at all and have been earning a fraction of what Liam e@rns .
I’m positive he is all but finished .

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 20:44 - Jan 31 with 810 viewsReslovenSwan1

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 20:05 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Many his age have no pensions at all and have been earning a fraction of what Liam e@rns .
I’m positive he is all but finished .

Tom Carroll has had a similar injury wrecked career as Liam Walsh averaging 10 games a season for a number of seasons.

He is now at 31 have his best run. 29 games for Exeter City this season. Tom took a year out last season which has worked wonders it seems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Carroll_(English_footballer)

Walsh could continue playing but at 20% of his salary as he is playing 20% of available games. Even that is £2000 a week which most of us would be more than happy with.
[Post edited 31 Jan 20:47]

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 22:51 - Jan 31 with 693 viewsKilkennyjack

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 20:44 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Tom Carroll has had a similar injury wrecked career as Liam Walsh averaging 10 games a season for a number of seasons.

He is now at 31 have his best run. 29 games for Exeter City this season. Tom took a year out last season which has worked wonders it seems

Walsh could continue playing but at 20% of his salary as he is playing 20% of available games. Even that is £2000 a week which most of us would be more than happy with.

Pro football is so physically demanding its not for everyone.
Connor Roberts excels at the physicality, others not so much.

You are right about Tom and Liam - similarities exist.

Beware of the Risen People

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 23:09 - Jan 31 with 678 viewsjackrmee

100% this

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 23:09 - Jan 31 with 678 viewsjackrmee

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 13:36 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

I’ve never heard of that being done before, but what a splendid idea

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 23:13 - Jan 31 with 670 viewsjackrmee

Liam Walsh ,injury / sickness on 20:44 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

I hope Liam manages to do this also.
Fair play to Carrol for sticking it out. I’d do the same if it meant still being around football, and getting paid for it. No brainer.

It would be nice if they offered him a pay as you play contract. I really like him when he’s on the pitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024