Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go 00:11 - Feb 4 with 3084 viewsowainglyndwr

Stay up
Or
Going Down ,

My thoughts is if we get dragged in, i dont think we have the fight to stay up , the teams that have struggled to get out all year will carry the fight
Here we go on 00:20 - Feb 4 with 2060 viewsmax936

Dragged in the next 4 games look dauting musher, QPR look to be on the up, Huddersfield won well today anol.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Here we go on 08:22 - Feb 4 with 1910 viewsThornburyswan

If we play like we did yesterday & switch out - when fit of course - Key in for Nauts, Placheta for Cooper & Allen for Fulton we should be able to pick up the 15/16 points needed.

That said the next few games are tough so need a little luck or bounce of the ball going our way - Williams has not had much drop his way yet.
Here we go on 08:30 - Feb 4 with 1902 viewsangryjack

Not this year but maybe next or year after but definitely going with the yanks here
Here we go on 08:37 - Feb 4 with 1885 viewsWhiterockin

Here we go on 08:22 - Feb 4 by Thornburyswan

If we play like we did yesterday & switch out - when fit of course - Key in for Nauts, Placheta for Cooper & Allen for Fulton we should be able to pick up the 15/16 points needed.

That said the next few games are tough so need a little luck or bounce of the ball going our way - Williams has not had much drop his way yet.

Although this month is very difficult we should be able to pick up 9-10 points in April, that would see us needing 4-5 points from March and the last game home to Millwall. I really hope it doesn't come down to that.
Here we go on 08:45 - Feb 4 with 1873 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 08:30 - Feb 4 by angryjack

Not this year but maybe next or year after but definitely going with the yanks here

If it is going to happen it will be this year as it has been a bit of a mess not helped by all the injuries that have not helped any of the managers build a settled team.
The defence looked settled yesterday but that was when no pressure needed to be applied by Plymouth.
The only saving grace would be is that both Placheta and more so Ronald look to be good signings just hope the rest of the team can rise to the challenge for this season so Williams will have time to change the general air of malaise that has settled around the club.
Here we go on 08:48 - Feb 4 with 1866 viewsjack247

Here we go on 08:30 - Feb 4 by angryjack

This is more my worry. I think people are seriously overestimating some of the teams below us. I don’t even think it will be close.

Next season though, our squad looks very threadbare with no real saleable players. You would think we’d have sorted contracts for the likes of Cullen, Paterson and Wood by now if we were keeping them.
Here we go on 09:03 - Feb 4 with 1837 viewsWhiterockin

Here we go on 08:48 - Feb 4 by jack247

This is more my worry. I think people are seriously overestimating some of the teams below us. I don’t even think it will be close.

Next season though, our squad looks very threadbare with no real saleable players. You would think we’d have sorted contracts for the likes of Cullen, Paterson and Wood by now if we were keeping them.

Cullen I think we will enforce the 12 month extension to start with and go from there. Patterson I'm not sure will fit in with the way Williams wants us to play long term, so I wouldn't be surprised if our offer late on is not enough to tempt him. A shame really because I feel this has been his best season for us. Wood IMO will not sign a new contract now and it will go to arbitration with his age. Big change around in the summer with loans going back and those at the end of their contracts.
Here we go on 09:19 - Feb 4 with 1806 viewsunion_jack

Sadly, I think it will be close with no teams just above us getting a points deduction to save our @rse*
The problem is that although there are enough winnable games left, we may be playing them after a run of several defeats which clenches the cheeks that little bit more.
What I do think though is that if we can get our key players back and keep them fit, we’ll be better off next year if we stay up. The caveat to that being of course that we gradually improve each window and Angry has made a valid point regarding the owners whom I have little confidence in too.

*Unpopular as this may be, I think Cardiff would have survived last year even if the 6 points hadn’t been taken off Reading. They took their foot off the gas when they were all but safe. That if course as well as the club has clearly made a pact with the devil the way they seem to get away with everything😂.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Here we go on 09:31 - Feb 4 with 1778 viewsPawelAbbott

This season has all of the warning signs of a relegation season.
The change of manager mid-season.
The poor summer recruitment.
The lack of a striker.
No real leadership on the pitch.

The new signings look hopeful let's hope Yates finds his scoring boots
Here we go on 09:39 - Feb 4 with 1759 viewsRichardO

Over estimating some of the teams below us or overestimating ourselves we need to start picking up points fast.
Williams is picking relatively Conservative teams to steady the ship not making wholesale changes were possible but again injuries are hitting us, for the most part the back four worked well yesterday even with my misgivings on Naughton lack of pace and Tymon's questionable defending as times.

Having a viable pressure relief valve in Ronald because because that is what his abilities give us maybe the answer to our dilemmas and if the same can be replicated on the left our options will be opened up dramatically but was that game a one off for Ronald would he do so well against better defensives.
What I did like yesterday was some of the movement off and on the ball caused chaos within the Plymouth ranks where our players ended up nowhere near their original setup positions in a fast flowing move but after the move broke down we still had a good shspe defensively.
Just hope we can get the likes of Key and Parker fit to enable us with a stronger team all round we can kill teams off instead of being picked off by poorer teams.
Here we go on 11:29 - Feb 4 with 1634 viewsheatwave

We had a 12 point buffer only a few weeks back. That has quickly returned to just 5. You can use the tough run of games scenario but everyone has to play each team twice.
It's hard to see us having an unbeaten run anytime soon.
Williams needs to find a formula soon or we may just sleepwalk into the bottom 3.
Here we go on 11:35 - Feb 4 with 1621 viewsOptimisticJack

Disappointing result yesterday to say the least.
Positive signs though.
Confidence low at the moment .
In sport this can change overnight with a bit of fortune.
We didn't get it yesterday.
On another day we could have won comfortably.

Optimisticjack

Here we go on 11:48 - Feb 4 with 1600 viewsmax936

Here we go on 11:35 - Feb 4 by OptimisticJack

Positive signs though.

They were awful and yet they could easily have won by more, come the end of Feb, mid march we are likely to be righty in the mix in my opinion.

Next 4 games look ominous IMO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Here we go on 11:51 - Feb 4 with 1592 viewsjack247

Here we go on 09:39 - Feb 4 by RichardO

Over estimating some of the teams below us or overestimating ourselves we need to start picking up points fast.
Williams is picking relatively Conservative teams to steady the ship not making wholesale changes were possible but again injuries are hitting us, for the most part the back four worked well yesterday even with my misgivings on Naughton lack of pace and Tymon's questionable defending as times.

Having a viable pressure relief valve in Ronald because because that is what his abilities give us maybe the answer to our dilemmas and if the same can be replicated on the left our options will be opened up dramatically but was that game a one off for Ronald would he do so well against better defensives.
What I did like yesterday was some of the movement off and on the ball caused chaos within the Plymouth ranks where our players ended up nowhere near their original setup positions in a fast flowing move but after the move broke down we still had a good shspe defensively.
Just hope we can get the likes of Key and Parker fit to enable us with a stronger team all round we can kill teams off instead of being picked off by poorer teams.

Overestimating the teams below us.Its going to take a hell of a run from Wednesday or Rotherham. It’s arguably one place between seven or eight teams.

As I said on another thread, based on what I saw of Plymouth yesterday and despite going on two awful runs (start of the season and the current one), I’m confident we’ll finish above them.

No one who saw yesterday’s game would argue the better team won. How often can QPR or Huddersfield say that? I don’t think Plymouth picked us off. Their keeper made two stunning saves, somehow managed to scramble one away with Cullen ready to pounce, we hit the bar and had what looked like a clear penalty denied in the first half (haven’t seen replays). It was hardly as if they held us at arms length like teams sometimes did last season.
Here we go on 12:07 - Feb 4 with 1576 viewsangryjack

Here we go on 11:35 - Feb 4 by OptimisticJack

Positive signs though.

We won't be changing anything with that strikeforce and defence
Here we go on 12:11 - Feb 4 with 1571 viewstheloneranger

Here we go on 11:51 - Feb 4 by jack247

Overestimating the teams below us.Its going to take a hell of a run from Wednesday or Rotherham. It’s arguably one place between seven or eight teams.

As I said on another thread, based on what I saw of Plymouth yesterday and despite going on two awful runs (start of the season and the current one), I’m confident we’ll finish above them.

No one who saw yesterday’s game would argue the better team won. How often can QPR or Huddersfield say that? I don’t think Plymouth picked us off. Their keeper made two stunning saves, somehow managed to scramble one away with Cullen ready to pounce, we hit the bar and had what looked like a clear penalty denied in the first half (haven’t seen replays). It was hardly as if they held us at arms length like teams sometimes did last season.

Talking of Huddersfield -Michael Duff in talks to take over as their manager.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Here we go on 12:17 - Feb 4 with 1558 viewsjack247

Here we go on 12:11 - Feb 4 by theloneranger

Talking of Huddersfield -Michael Duff in talks to take over as their manager.

The 10 game settling in period would relegate them
Here we go on 13:56 - Feb 4 with 1448 viewsTreforys_Jack

Here we go on 11:48 - Feb 4 by max936

They were awful and yet they could easily have won by more, come the end of Feb, mid march we are likely to be righty in the mix in my opinion.

Next 4 games look ominous IMO.

How could they have won by more? We should have had 4 or 5.
Here we go on 14:35 - Feb 4 with 1401 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 11:51 - Feb 4 by jack247

Agree about Sheff Wed and Rotherham but we are in the mix with all the other relegation candidates just hope Williams can get us up to speed after the extremely hard games we have had but we have been better than some team and lost as per yesterday and Watford then gaining points where we didn't deserve much. We should never have been relegated from the Premiership given the points position we were in.
Here we go on 15:11 - Feb 4 with 1359 viewsjacksfullaces

obviously we could get sucked into a battle if the points don't come and that is generally what we all focus on and many fans get all worked up about - rubbish players, rubbish managers, rubbish board, the usual cyclical irritation fest.

the graph that is more telling would be a season by season decline (more or less) over a 6-8 year period.

I keep hoping our less than ambitious (but perhaps pragmatic) business model will lead us to find our level eventually. Not convinced we have quite done so yet and the question is will this ultimately be League One, this season or a future season.

And we all convinced ourselves in the Premier League or even when relegated that we had secured long term higher level football for the city, never to return to the more mundane levels...
Here we go on 15:28 - Feb 4 with 1326 viewsWhiterockin

Here we go on 15:11 - Feb 4 by jacksfullaces

obviously we could get sucked into a battle if the points don't come and that is generally what we all focus on and many fans get all worked up about - rubbish players, rubbish managers, rubbish board, the usual cyclical irritation fest.

the graph that is more telling would be a season by season decline (more or less) over a 6-8 year period.

I keep hoping our less than ambitious (but perhaps pragmatic) business model will lead us to find our level eventually. Not convinced we have quite done so yet and the question is will this ultimately be League One, this season or a future season.

And we all convinced ourselves in the Premier League or even when relegated that we had secured long term higher level football for the city, never to return to the more mundane levels...

The season by season decline over a 6-8 year period. I wonder what it coincides with.
Here we go on 15:36 - Feb 4 with 1309 viewsbennytheblue

Just seen your next four games……ouch! Squeaky
Here we go on 15:46 - Feb 4 with 1282 viewsonehunglow

When I warned of this possibility ,it was that.
Right now,it’s a probability
Why?
Because we can’t win games and points is what we need
That simple
Abs
Abandon defence suicide,involve Ronald and dump Heyes and Fulton and we will stay up. Even better take away captaincy from Grims

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Here we go on 16:14 - Feb 4 with 1249 viewsangryjack

Here we go on 15:46 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

When I warned of this possibility ,it was that.
Right now,it’s a probability
Why?
Because we can’t win games and points is what we need
That simple
Abs
Abandon defence suicide,involve Ronald and dump Heyes and Fulton and we will stay up. Even better take away captaincy from Grims

If it means getting these yanks out of the club I would gladly take us going down 2 divisions and starting again..t
Here we go on 16:36 - Feb 4 with 1212 viewsKeithHaynes

Here we go on 15:36 - Feb 4 by bennytheblue

Just seen your next four games……ouch! Squeaky

That’s a fact 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024