Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) 18:08 - Feb 24 with 4173 viewsGwyn737

After the Labour fiasco in Rochdale, 30p Lee Anderson has popped up and will nab the upcoming headlines

So easy for Labour:

1. Former deputy PM loses the whip for being racist in an interview on GB News
2. Between the interview and losing the whip the ONLY Tory MPs to be openly critical were Javid and Ghuni - such an own goal
3. Over the next few days, others will come out and criticise, highlighting the problem further
4. Anderson will probably defect to Reform, taking Tory votes with him
5. Tories will have to pretend to be nastier to try and get those votes back
6. Labour benefit in all areas.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 12:24 - Feb 26 with 845 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 08:26 - Feb 26 by Boundy

one persons discount is another persons example of unreasonable discount . It stinks of hypocrisy and I believe more will be revealed .
I'm not a tory voter so I have no axe to grind but to make statements like I saved hard and a it was a proud moment when she purchased the house, but she and Labour are denying the same right to others

It's not an example ofone persons discount is another persons example of unreasonable discount, the figures are there.

She benefitted from a 25% discount and she objusts to the discount being increased to 60%. She says that money should be used to increase housing stock so more people can benefit like she did.

As for hypocrisy, I'd look at the author of the original stouryin the the Daily Mail - a billionaire Tory peer who got out of paying UK taxes by being a non-dom while sat in the House of Lords.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:14 - Feb 26 with 815 viewsFlashberryjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 12:59 - Feb 25 by Whiterockin

Johnson got elected because he promised to deliver what the British public wanted at the time. Simple as that really.

Pretty much what other politicians have done ever since elections were invented.

A politicians makes promises they can't keep ? whatever next.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:51 - Feb 26 with 798 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:27 - Feb 25 by SullutaCreturned

They may not BUT they may take a lot of votes off the tories. You don't have to win seats to affect results.

They’ll take votes off labour too.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:02 - Feb 26 with 754 viewsBoundy

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 12:24 - Feb 26 by Gwyn737

It's not an example ofone persons discount is another persons example of unreasonable discount, the figures are there.

She benefitted from a 25% discount and she objusts to the discount being increased to 60%. She says that money should be used to increase housing stock so more people can benefit like she did.

As for hypocrisy, I'd look at the author of the original stouryin the the Daily Mail - a billionaire Tory peer who got out of paying UK taxes by being a non-dom while sat in the House of Lords.

Why should she have benefited from a 25% discount ,Labour when they were in power had amble opportunity to build more social housing as have the tories but neither have .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:27 - Feb 26 with 748 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:20 - Feb 25 by Gwyn737

She was in the house for 7 years.

She then bought it at a 25% discount with the right to buy scheme.

She has come out in support of reducing the 2012 policy that allows discounts of up to 60%, which she says is too much in an increasing squeezed overall housing stock.

I don’t see any hypocrisy.

Total Hypocrisy until she gives her 25% discount back.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:33 - Feb 26 with 743 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Khan is an absolutely horrible bloke and there’s no doubt he’s been bloody awful at every aspect of his job but these comments are way OTT.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:35 - Feb 26 with 741 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:02 - Feb 26 by Boundy

Why should she have benefited from a 25% discount ,Labour when they were in power had amble opportunity to build more social housing as have the tories but neither have .

Because everyone who did it benefitted from the discount. It was built in.

Totally agree with you on the building of social housing point.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:44 - Feb 26 with 738 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:27 - Feb 26 by felixstowe_jack

Total Hypocrisy until she gives her 25% discount back.

What about if the reduction in discount rates is from 60% to 25%?

Should the Tory non-dom who avoided paying a fortune in tax pay it back too?

I thought Rayner's story would be welcomed by Tories - single parent keeping up with rent payments before buying their house under theie Right to Buy scheme...
Login to get fewer ads

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:46 - Feb 26 with 737 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:33 - Feb 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Khan is an absolutely horrible bloke and there’s no doubt he’s been bloody awful at every aspect of his job but these comments are way OTT.

What I find odd is he's being called both Islamist and woke at the same time.

Those two things aren't natural bedfellows, are they?
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:03 - Feb 26 with 721 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:46 - Feb 26 by Gwyn737

What I find odd is he's being called both Islamist and woke at the same time.

Those two things aren't natural bedfellows, are they?

Well quite. It’s always been a mystery to me why the so called progressive left champion the merits of one of the worlds most militantly conservative ideologies whilst simultaneously harbouring a pathological hatred for Israel, probably the only country in the Middle East a man can walk down the street safely with his boyfriend wearing high heels, thick make up and a long flowing wig.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:36 - Feb 26 with 704 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:03 - Feb 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Well quite. It’s always been a mystery to me why the so called progressive left champion the merits of one of the worlds most militantly conservative ideologies whilst simultaneously harbouring a pathological hatred for Israel, probably the only country in the Middle East a man can walk down the street safely with his boyfriend wearing high heels, thick make up and a long flowing wig.

Shows that extremes are extremes whether they’re left or right.

Mind you, anti semitism does seem to be an outlier.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:49 - Feb 26 with 688 viewsonehunglow

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:36 - Feb 26 by Gwyn737

Shows that extremes are extremes whether they’re left or right.

Mind you, anti semitism does seem to be an outlier.

Labour also pretty good at self shooting

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:53 - Feb 26 with 687 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:49 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

Labour also pretty good at self shooting

They do. And after the mess in Roachdale and the speaker issue last week we should be talking about it.

But as has become the norm the staggeringly ineffectual Tory party has come out and trumped them.

Tory MPs are now dragging the story out by denouncing 30p Lee but stopping short of calling him racist. This will run and run.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:00 - Feb 26 with 674 viewsonehunglow

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:53 - Feb 26 by Gwyn737

They do. And after the mess in Roachdale and the speaker issue last week we should be talking about it.

But as has become the norm the staggeringly ineffectual Tory party has come out and trumped them.

Tory MPs are now dragging the story out by denouncing 30p Lee but stopping short of calling him racist. This will run and run.

Good riposte Gwyn.
It’s good to see the conservatives find some backbone and fight ,as from what I ve seen,their arrogance obviates them from challenging as they should .
They were appalling when Corbyn stinking the place out

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:43 - Mar 4 with 548 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:53 - Feb 26 by Gwyn737

I know George Galloway is unpopular but there’s no need to describe him as “the mess”.

One thing that struck me was that during his victory speech and subsequent media appearances he barely mentioned Rochdale at all. “This is for Gaza”. Why can’t we ever find politicians whose primary focus is their own constituency?

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:47 - Mar 4 with 507 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1873416/tories-labour-poll-rishi-sunak

50 year record low, I know its only an opinion poll, but if its like this close to the next general election there sure is going to be some civil within the party if things remain the same, or get even worse.

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 20:22 - Mar 4 with 487 viewsFlashberryjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:47 - Mar 4 by Wingstandwood

50 year record low, I know its only an opinion poll, but if its like this close to the next general election there sure is going to be some civil within the party if things remain the same, or get even worse.

Opinion polls are very often inaccurate to what people actually vote for, but in this case it looks like very bad news for the conservatives, and bad news for the country IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:05 - Mar 4 with 449 viewsWingstandwood

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 20:22 - Mar 4 by Flashberryjack

Opinion polls are very often inaccurate to what people actually vote for, but in this case it looks like very bad news for the conservatives, and bad news for the country IMO.

It should be a very entertaining election, because imo there are going to be a lot of rebellious p1ssed off Tory's running amok!

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:06 - Mar 4 with 449 viewsWhiterockin

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:47 - Mar 4 by Wingstandwood

Will they parachute Boris in before the election. Amazingly he still has a lot of support with non Labour supporters.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:12 - Mar 4 with 426 viewsKilkennyjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 20:22 - Mar 4 by Flashberryjack

Excellent news for the UK.
I hope they never ever recover.

Enough is enough.
Macron described the shambles at Number 10 as ‘not serious government’.

Liar Johnson, idiot Truss, and little Richard Smith …. Sling your hook.

Keir will make a proper deal with Europe, Keir will make devolution work, and he will put people before profit.

Rwanda ….. 🤡

Beware of the Risen People

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:24 - Mar 4 with 410 viewsBoundy

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:05 - Mar 4 by Wingstandwood

It should be a very entertaining election, because imo there are going to be a lot of rebellious p1ssed off Tory's running amok!

Entertaining maybe but the serious stuff is far more important for the immediate future of this country and the last thing we need now is more is instability

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 09:07 - Mar 5 with 353 viewsWingstandwood

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:24 - Mar 4 by Boundy

Entertaining maybe but the serious stuff is far more important for the immediate future of this country and the last thing we need now is more is instability

Indeed a weak infighting opposition at civil war is no good for the country!

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:06 - Mar 5 with 331 viewsmajorraglan

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:06 - Mar 4 by Whiterockin

Will they parachute Boris in before the election. Amazingly he still has a lot of support with non Labour supporters.

It’s mental that he’s still popular in some quarters. The guy is an out and out liar who’s been thoroughly discredited but he still has support in some sections of the press. The Conservatives got rid of Boris because he was caught lying again after the Pincher saga, but a lot of people for some reason don’t realise that. If he comes back, I think the other parties will have a field day over the pincher affair.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:20 - Mar 5 with 327 viewsonehunglow

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:06 - Mar 5 by majorraglan

It’s mental that he’s still popular in some quarters. The guy is an out and out liar who’s been thoroughly discredited but he still has support in some sections of the press. The Conservatives got rid of Boris because he was caught lying again after the Pincher saga, but a lot of people for some reason don’t realise that. If he comes back, I think the other parties will have a field day over the pincher affair.

I views George Galloway the same way .
An utter narcissist and a dangerous one
Good help us

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:31 - Mar 5 with 320 viewsWhiterockin

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:06 - Mar 5 by majorraglan

You only have to look at the USA to realise that common sense does not prevail in politics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024