Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) 18:08 - Feb 24 with 4172 viewsGwyn737

After the Labour fiasco in Rochdale, 30p Lee Anderson has popped up and will nab the upcoming headlines

So easy for Labour:

1. Former deputy PM loses the whip for being racist in an interview on GB News
2. Between the interview and losing the whip the ONLY Tory MPs to be openly critical were Javid and Ghuni - such an own goal
3. Over the next few days, others will come out and criticise, highlighting the problem further
4. Anderson will probably defect to Reform, taking Tory votes with him
5. Tories will have to pretend to be nastier to try and get those votes back
6. Labour benefit in all areas.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 13:13 - Mar 5 with 1268 viewsFlashberryjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:12 - Mar 4 by Kilkennyjack

Excellent news for the UK.
I hope they never ever recover.

Enough is enough.
Macron described the shambles at Number 10 as ‘not serious government’.

Liar Johnson, idiot Truss, and little Richard Smith …. Sling your hook.

Keir will make a proper deal with Europe, Keir will make devolution work, and he will put people before profit.

Rwanda ….. 🤡

"Keir will make devolution work"

So you don't think it's working now ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:22 - Mar 5 with 1190 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 13:13 - Mar 5 by Flashberryjack

Looks like a Freudian slip to me. Before Starmer (I'm not on first name terms) can make devolution work, he has to make Westminster work and I think he'll have his hands full there, assuming he wins.

Of just as much concern to me is what happens when Gething becomes First Minister. How will he work with Starmer, will he continue down the same road as Drakefors has been taking us?
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 1171 viewsbuilthjack

Keir will do fine.
He has a hell of a mess to sort out, possibly the biggest ever. It will take years,
But he will sort it out.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:37 - Mar 5 with 1171 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:30 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Keir will do fine.
He has a hell of a mess to sort out, possibly the biggest ever. It will take years,
But he will sort it out.

We must all hope he can but it is definitely a massive mess. The public finances are shocking, debt and deficit causing huge problems. Public services are in a very bad way and he also has to deal with the overseas problems in Ukraine and Gaza that contine to have knock on effects ver here.

The tories used to complain the civil service were full of labour supporters, we'll see I reckon. But that is my other concern, that the civil service will be just as much of a nuisance to Starmer.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:21 - Mar 5 with 1140 viewsmajorraglan

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:37 - Mar 5 by SullutaCreturned

We must all hope he can but it is definitely a massive mess. The public finances are shocking, debt and deficit causing huge problems. Public services are in a very bad way and he also has to deal with the overseas problems in Ukraine and Gaza that contine to have knock on effects ver here.

The tories used to complain the civil service were full of labour supporters, we'll see I reckon. But that is my other concern, that the civil service will be just as much of a nuisance to Starmer.

100%.

Tomorrow’s budget is likely to give us a few pence of the NI contribution rate, but it’s likely to be more than off set by the frozen tax allowances and tax thresholds. Any reduction in taxation will be welcomed by most, but public services are by enlarge under massive pressure and in several areas with the cuts that are likely to be announced real term spending is likely to be lower than it was 14 years ago.

If you’re retired, then the reduction in NI won’t impact, but the frozen tax thresholds will.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 13:58 - Mar 6 with 1082 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:21 - Mar 5 by majorraglan

100%.

Tomorrow’s budget is likely to give us a few pence of the NI contribution rate, but it’s likely to be more than off set by the frozen tax allowances and tax thresholds. Any reduction in taxation will be welcomed by most, but public services are by enlarge under massive pressure and in several areas with the cuts that are likely to be announced real term spending is likely to be lower than it was 14 years ago.

If you’re retired, then the reduction in NI won’t impact, but the frozen tax thresholds will.

Another 2p off NI then, worth on average 650 quid he reckoned. I'll wait to see my payslip.

Non Dom status is abolished too, a good move surely but I think it's too late in the game for any changes to affect the outcome. The Tories have destroyed themselves.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:05 - Mar 6 with 1081 viewsWhiterockin

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 13:58 - Mar 6 by SullutaCreturned

Another 2p off NI then, worth on average 650 quid he reckoned. I'll wait to see my payslip.

Non Dom status is abolished too, a good move surely but I think it's too late in the game for any changes to affect the outcome. The Tories have destroyed themselves.

Makes no difference to somebody on a pension. The increase in pension next month will be taxed at the full rate as there is no increase in thresholds.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:13 - Mar 6 with 1075 viewsonehunglow

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:05 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

Makes no difference to somebody on a pension. The increase in pension next month will be taxed at the full rate as there is no increase in thresholds.

Hmm.
They give then take away
Smug jerks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:21 - Mar 6 with 1073 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:05 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

Well I have 11 years yetand taking my pay rise into account, we will be significantly better off. We are some of the lucky few though.

Over all this government has been a total shambles.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:25 - Mar 6 with 1061 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:21 - Mar 6 by SullutaCreturned

Well I have 11 years yetand taking my pay rise into account, we will be significantly better off. We are some of the lucky few though.

Over all this government has been a total shambles.

Wait for the council tax rise, Cat...
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:30 - Mar 6 with 1052 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:25 - Mar 6 by Gwyn737

They reckon it could be 11% here, that's around 20 quid more per month. I'm still well ahead
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:55 - Mar 6 with 1000 viewsFlashberryjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:25 - Mar 6 by Gwyn737

Those bloody tory councils wasting money.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 20:49 - Mar 6 with 935 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 16:55 - Mar 6 by Flashberryjack

Those bloody tory councils wasting money.

Oh there’s waste to be sure.

And massive core funding cuts.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:50 - Mar 6 with 895 viewsbuilthjack

Fiscal Drag. That’s where the Tories will make more money.
Crafty.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:17 - Mar 6 with 877 viewsmajorraglan

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:50 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Fiscal Drag. That’s where the Tories will make more money.
Crafty.

Fiscal drag is going to be a major factor over the next few years at both the lower and upper tax thresholds. The State pension will be £11,500 next year just £1k below the point at which tax is paid so a lot of pensioners are going be paying more tax.

The reduction in NI payments will help those who are in work, but those at the lower end of the pay scale will see very little difference in their take home pay and I think that’s the point we should be targeting at this moment. Most of us are under the pump after years of price increases, council tax increases, energy increased etc and lower pay rises, but I believe more should be gone to help those at the lower end of the pay scale because I believe the key to getting a lot of people off benefits is to make work pay, it’s mental that people can be better off on the role than they are in work.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:55 - Mar 6 with 860 viewsKilkennyjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 13:13 - Mar 5 by Flashberryjack

It needs to be a lot more devolution to work to its full potential.

Policing and Criminal Justice, Crown Estate, Trains, so its Devo Max.
The extra AS numbers will halp.

Glad you are so supportive.

Beware of the Risen People

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:31 - Mar 8 with 762 viewsWingstandwood

The Conservative Party now getting 18% in an opinion poll! EIGHTEEN PERCENT!!!! I know polls should not be viewed as being (margin of error) 100% certain/correct, but that figure is absolutely staggering!!!!

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:10 - Mar 8 with 673 viewsmajorraglan

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:55 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

It needs to be a lot more devolution to work to its full potential.

Policing and Criminal Justice, Crown Estate, Trains, so its Devo Max.
The extra AS numbers will halp.

Glad you are so supportive.

Our legal system is intertwined with the England. While the Westminster government have decimated the Criminal Justice system for example, Courts, CPS, Probation Service and the prison service, the WG haven’t shown anything like the competence required to manage the Criminal Justice system.

Just look at some of the legislation the WG have introduced around smoking, while there are no doubt good underlying reasons for it, tracts of it will be completely irrelevant because it’s being ignored by the police etc who’ve got much better things to do. Lawful chastisement - don’t agree with that legislation one either. Lets look at the 20mph speed limit - there’s no doubt there are times and places for it, but the way it’s been brought in is a cluster @@@@!

Policing, I’m pro an all Wales force which is accountable at a local level, but not for devolution when we’ve got b…….s legislation being introduced.

Crown Estate - yes that money needs to come here. Extra AM’s - no way.
[Post edited 9 Mar 22:16]
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 13:40 - Mar 9 with 613 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:10 - Mar 8 by majorraglan

Our legal system is intertwined with the England. While the Westminster government have decimated the Criminal Justice system for example, Courts, CPS, Probation Service and the prison service, the WG haven’t shown anything like the competence required to manage the Criminal Justice system.

Just look at some of the legislation the WG have introduced around smoking, while there are no doubt good underlying reasons for it, tracts of it will be completely irrelevant because it’s being ignored by the police etc who’ve got much better things to do. Lawful chastisement - don’t agree with that legislation one either. Lets look at the 20mph speed limit - there’s no doubt there are times and places for it, but the way it’s been brought in is a cluster @@@@!

Policing, I’m pro an all Wales force which is accountable at a local level, but not for devolution when we’ve got b…….s legislation being introduced.

Crown Estate - yes that money needs to come here. Extra AM’s - no way.
[Post edited 9 Mar 22:16]

I totally agree, specially about more Am's/MS's. They say the need more to run Wales better, how many would we need if we went indy?

Comparing the ratios for MP's, even before the cuts, we have too many. If they can't run things properly they need more civil servants, not more politicians.

The silly, nanny state legislation they bring in is laughable. No wonder they need more people, they need someone to look at the important stuff because all they seem to be doing now is tinkering around the edges of the pointless.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:28 - Mar 11 with 500 viewsWingstandwood

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:05 - Mar 4 by Wingstandwood

It should be a very entertaining election, because imo there are going to be a lot of rebellious p1ssed off Tory's running amok!

And the starting pistol has been fired!

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:12 - Mar 11 with 447 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:28 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

He was not supported by Labour either. He is an ex-Labour Councillor.

He is also a hypocrite. He supported a bill that called for MPs who switched parties, to have to call a by-election. He switched parties and is now refusing to call a by-election.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 17:31 - Mar 11 with 443 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:28 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

Called it.

Took less than a month.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 12:35 - Mar 13 with 348 viewsGwyn737

...and they're doing it again.

This time with the £10,000,000 donation from Frank Hester.

In the run up to the election, opposition parties will point to every advert and leaflet and question whether it was paid for by this man's money.

Yet another own goal.
[Post edited 13 Mar 13:08]
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:08 - Mar 15 with 262 viewsWingstandwood

That recent poll now creates news speculation that the Conservative Party now want Penny Mordaunt to replace Rishi Sunak before opinion polls put them on figures that sink beyond 18%? It's surreal what is happening here????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13203093/Plot-crown-Penny-Mordaunt-PM-T
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:19]

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:34 - Mar 15 with 226 viewsWhiterockin

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:08 - Mar 15 by Wingstandwood

That recent poll now creates news speculation that the Conservative Party now want Penny Mordaunt to replace Rishi Sunak before opinion polls put them on figures that sink beyond 18%? It's surreal what is happening here????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13203093/Plot-crown-Penny-Mordaunt-PM-T
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:19]

I think Johnson will be the replacement.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/02/18/general-election-conservative-to
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024