Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March 15:42 - Feb 28 with 11102 viewsQJumpingJack

What questions need to be asked?

Watson, Coleman and Williams will be present as will be a member of the Trust board.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-hold-fans-forum-march-11
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:30 - Mar 13 with 1388 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:08 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

You've been around long enough to know that statements like "if we had paid for a decent coach we wouldn't have had to pay him off" are nonsensical. There are absolutely no guarantees of success when it comes to either players or managers.

So no dispute of the money wasted on some of the players, just whether we would have been better investing in a quality coach. This is open to interpretation, personally I would have gone for quality, but with the shitefest we have as owners it's unlikely one would come. But obviously I respect your opinion.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:48 - Mar 13 with 1341 viewsonehunglow

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:46 - Mar 12 by swancity

Dear god. You been drinking ? šŸ·

I only drink freshly squeezed Orange at this time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:56 - Mar 13 with 1326 viewsswancity

There is nothing wrong with appointing managers who are inexperienced and yet ambitious. But they need full support.

Some of our best appointments ever fall in to that category. Toshack, Martinez and Rodgers. All of them were supported by club owners as much as possible.

And then Potter Cooper and Martin ā€¦ all of them ā€¦did well with limited resources ā€¦ and who all found that our current club owners are at the root of our problems. They are not a good fit for our club. Lacking ambition, presence and itā€™s obvious that they arenā€™t interested. Not in our supporters. Just look at Wrexham if anyone canā€™t see how a club should be run.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:22 - Mar 13 with 1286 viewsswan_si

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:29 - Mar 13 with 1218 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:56 - Mar 13 by swancity

There is nothing wrong with appointing managers who are inexperienced and yet ambitious. But they need full support.

Some of our best appointments ever fall in to that category. Toshack, Martinez and Rodgers. All of them were supported by club owners as much as possible.

And then Potter Cooper and Martin ā€¦ all of them ā€¦did well with limited resources ā€¦ and who all found that our current club owners are at the root of our problems. They are not a good fit for our club. Lacking ambition, presence and itā€™s obvious that they arenā€™t interested. Not in our supporters. Just look at Wrexham if anyone canā€™t see how a club should be run.

Potter was given a lot. He had a good pool of players even after sales had James McBurnie and Robert's coming through and was given Ā£7m to spend with his own recruitment advisor. He blew that Ā£7m on poor players and wanted another Ā£7m on another dud Ryan Woods. Ivan Toney was available for peanuts but he went to Peterborough. Recruitment is so important.

I doubt we will see Nathan NAO Kuharevych or Pederson again in a white shirt. No reassuring words for them at all. "We will see what we can recover financially for the players who did not make it".

A special word for the "Alliance" fellow. I thought this question would be embarrassing and it was.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 23:04 - Mar 13 with 1144 viewsswancity

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:29 - Mar 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Potter was given a lot. He had a good pool of players even after sales had James McBurnie and Robert's coming through and was given Ā£7m to spend with his own recruitment advisor. He blew that Ā£7m on poor players and wanted another Ā£7m on another dud Ryan Woods. Ivan Toney was available for peanuts but he went to Peterborough. Recruitment is so important.

I doubt we will see Nathan NAO Kuharevych or Pederson again in a white shirt. No reassuring words for them at all. "We will see what we can recover financially for the players who did not make it".

A special word for the "Alliance" fellow. I thought this question would be embarrassing and it was.

ā€œ Potter was given a lot ā€œ šŸ˜‚

During or just before his time here we sold/transferred/loaned out players like:

Fernandez Ā£6m
Bartley 3m
Amat 1m
Rangel Free I think ?
Mawson 15m?

Thatā€™s not a bad defence

Fabianski 7m
Mesa 7m
Ki Sung Yueng ?
Clucas 6m

Potter signed players, some successful others not so, notably the skilful but inconsistent Celina but that season I seem to recall we lost the Ayew brothers? And Montero and Carroll.

Letā€™s call that Ā£50 m income from sales plus parachute money that was paid or due

Itā€™s quite wrong to say that Potter was fully supported. He did very well for us though taking everything into consideration.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 23:46 - Mar 13 with 1118 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 23:04 - Mar 13 by swancity

ā€œ Potter was given a lot ā€œ šŸ˜‚

During or just before his time here we sold/transferred/loaned out players like:

Fernandez Ā£6m
Bartley 3m
Amat 1m
Rangel Free I think ?
Mawson 15m?

Thatā€™s not a bad defence

Fabianski 7m
Mesa 7m
Ki Sung Yueng ?
Clucas 6m

Potter signed players, some successful others not so, notably the skilful but inconsistent Celina but that season I seem to recall we lost the Ayew brothers? And Montero and Carroll.

Letā€™s call that Ā£50 m income from sales plus parachute money that was paid or due

Itā€™s quite wrong to say that Potter was fully supported. He did very well for us though taking everything into consideration.

Nordfeldt, Olson, Van de Horn, Fer , Fulton Carter Vickers, Narsingh, Dyer, Routledge Montero Dhanda was a solid 11 man core.

Grimes, Roberts, Dan James, Byers and McBurnie. Borja and Ayew could
have been kept. Cooper kept them the following season. Rodon was also coming through.

Loaning out Borja and Ayew allowed Potter to invest Ā£7m as he wished. Ivan Toney Robert Dickie were available cheap going to league 1 teams. No doubt other great players. The careless recruitment continues to this day. .

At least Potter played Baker Richardson to some effect. I bet kuharevych is face better than him. The club has footballing purist snobs I fear.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 01:17 - Mar 14 with 1081 viewsKeithHaynes

I see the club have their edited version on the OS.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 07:35 - Mar 14 with 997 viewsQJumpingJack

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 01:17 - Mar 14 by KeithHaynes

perhaps for legal reasons?
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 07:40 - Mar 14 with 984 viewsswancity

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 23:46 - Mar 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Nordfeldt, Olson, Van de Horn, Fer , Fulton Carter Vickers, Narsingh, Dyer, Routledge Montero Dhanda was a solid 11 man core.

Grimes, Roberts, Dan James, Byers and McBurnie. Borja and Ayew could
have been kept. Cooper kept them the following season. Rodon was also coming through.

Loaning out Borja and Ayew allowed Potter to invest Ā£7m as he wished. Ivan Toney Robert Dickie were available cheap going to league 1 teams. No doubt other great players. The careless recruitment continues to this day. .

At least Potter played Baker Richardson to some effect. I bet kuharevych is face better than him. The club has footballing purist snobs I fear.

I see youā€™ve chosen to ignore the actual facts

Re Toney. At that stage he was struggling to score goals for teams like Scunthorpe. He certainly didnā€™t look like Premier League material. At 21/22 then not many thought he could be a Premier League player.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:31 - Mar 14 with 929 viewsswan_si

Can you point out what's been edited? I really can't be asked to compare them side by side. Thanks.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 10:14 - Mar 14 with 890 viewsQJumpingJack

questions about the LLC
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 10:18 - Mar 14 with 881 viewsswan_si

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 10:14 - Mar 14 by QJumpingJack

questions about the LLC

šŸ‘ any idea on the time frame, it's 90+ minutes long.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:16 - Mar 14 with 847 viewsSTID2017

Just read Liamā€™s article
Iā€™m not a lawyer, but have a good understanding of the law and have friends who are lawyers.
.There maybe legal reasons why it was taken out, Iā€™ve no idea but bearing in mind it was obvious it was going to be filmed it needs an explanation. I guess if lawyers at Swansea would say when something goes up on their official channel it has to be watertight legally.
In fairness everything else went in, including the ridiculous anti American insults.

Donā€™t think it was a protective speech, it was a boss doing what was right and going on to bat for his employer, against a hostile crowd. Something anyone woud do in this situation.

Think Coleman did say the Levian and co were the people whoā€™d screwed up but and they canā€™t manage from the US which is why heā€™s now here and will run things. Made it clear buck stops with him.
Donā€™t think itā€™s fair to call it ā€˜soap box rallying ā€˜ and the fact that it was met with a poor response may not mean anything. May just be that their minds are made up and donā€™t want to listen.

Absent owners donā€™t work. Thatā€™s what not been acknowledged and why Coleman is here. Heā€™s accepted the model doesnā€™t work, shouldnā€™t he have praise for that ?

Sorry to disagree so much with an article on my favourite website but donā€™t think it was a fair reflection

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:29 - Mar 14 with 821 viewsvetchonian

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:16 - Mar 14 by STID2017

Just read Liamā€™s article
Iā€™m not a lawyer, but have a good understanding of the law and have friends who are lawyers.
.There maybe legal reasons why it was taken out, Iā€™ve no idea but bearing in mind it was obvious it was going to be filmed it needs an explanation. I guess if lawyers at Swansea would say when something goes up on their official channel it has to be watertight legally.
In fairness everything else went in, including the ridiculous anti American insults.

Donā€™t think it was a protective speech, it was a boss doing what was right and going on to bat for his employer, against a hostile crowd. Something anyone woud do in this situation.

Think Coleman did say the Levian and co were the people whoā€™d screwed up but and they canā€™t manage from the US which is why heā€™s now here and will run things. Made it clear buck stops with him.
Donā€™t think itā€™s fair to call it ā€˜soap box rallying ā€˜ and the fact that it was met with a poor response may not mean anything. May just be that their minds are made up and donā€™t want to listen.

Absent owners donā€™t work. Thatā€™s what not been acknowledged and why Coleman is here. Heā€™s accepted the model doesnā€™t work, shouldnā€™t he have praise for that ?

Sorry to disagree so much with an article on my favourite website but donā€™t think it was a fair reflection

That's a fair assessment.
My view is Coleman shoukd be given some time to see if he his true to his words. He gas only been here just over 8 months is still learning
Arrived when the squad was changing as well management team.
Typically he has been tarred with the same brush as Jase and Steve.
He us saying the right thing it sometimes needs the right feet on the ground locally unlike Winter Coleman apparently has some monies invested so he should have a little more clout.
He dies seen to be trying why not give him some time to see if it's just PR bullsh*t or his intention

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 13:34 - Mar 14 with 720 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 07:40 - Mar 14 by swancity

I see youā€™ve chosen to ignore the actual facts

Re Toney. At that stage he was struggling to score goals for teams like Scunthorpe. He certainly didnā€™t look like Premier League material. At 21/22 then not many thought he could be a Premier League player.

Peterborough saw something in him and took a punt and developed the player. It's called judgement. Swansea now take in prospects and dump them after a few months. They have given Cullen literally years. He bombed on loan. He is just OK. Improves a little every year.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 15:00 - Mar 14 with 669 viewsKeithHaynes

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 13:34 - Mar 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Peterborough saw something in him and took a punt and developed the player. It's called judgement. Swansea now take in prospects and dump them after a few months. They have given Cullen literally years. He bombed on loan. He is just OK. Improves a little every year.

Will be a world beater by the time heā€™s 34.,

He is getting a new contract btw. And Joe has had his offer for a couple of months.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 15:39 - Mar 14 with 643 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 15:00 - Mar 14 by KeithHaynes

Will be a world beater by the time heā€™s 34.,

He is getting a new contract btw. And Joe has had his offer for a couple of months.

I'm glad to hear that they are working on out of contract players, any news on Patterson and Wood.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:19 - Mar 14 with 554 viewsswancity

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 13:34 - Mar 14 by ReslovenSwan1

If Toney was that good he wouldnā€™t have been going to Peterborough. They took a punt which is a gamble and it paid off. 99 times out of a 100 it doesnā€™t. You canā€™t look to blame Graeme Potter for that surely. We donā€™t even know if we were in with a chance of signing him.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 08:52 - Mar 15 with 444 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:48 - Mar 11 by QJumpingJack

Paul Watson claims that Nathan Jones sitting next to him at Bournemouth was a pure coincidence.

He didnā€™t say that.
He said they had intentionally sat them together, as it was known they were friends/knew each other.
It wasnā€™t Jonesā€™ choice or his choice.
He clearly stated after that, that he would make sure that didnā€™t happen again.

I donā€™t see how he could be any fairer than that.
Personally, I donā€™t believe he should have even done that. He is free to sit by whomever he pleases.

Yet, even though he has apologised and promised not to do it again, he is still given stick on here. Madness.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 08:54 - Mar 15 with 444 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 14:09 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

the club should be applauded for holding the forum.
However it does feel some of the panelists were not prepared enough.

Watson's attitude in answering some difficult questions is a concern.
Coleman talks about increasing revenue. If that is the case then the fans / customers need to be treated with respect.
Failing to answer certain questions during the season ticket renewal period is not clever.

What do you mean about Watson mate?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 443 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:11 - Mar 13 by PrettySheetyCity

I just finished listening to the recording.

The first half was a bit ridiculous. There's far too much grandstanding, and people trying to get cheap pops from the audience eg., the insults, the nonsense around Wussell Martin ("Key was Martin's signing!!!!"), the shouting down, the swearing under the breath and the laughing. The second half much better. Credit to all fans who showed up and asked Qs, even if I don't agree with some of the Qs or their behaviour.

But in all fairness, this is a product of the lack of trust between the fanbase and the Club. We've reached the stage where fans do not even trust anything that people within the Club are saying. For example, when Paul Watson said he was part of the football team at Luton was met with "no you weren't."

That's an issue that needs resolving asap, and it comes down to transparency and not taking people for mugs. Watson is taking a lot of flak about his comments about building a team. The vast majority of Sporting Directors up-and-down the country work as part of a larger team. For example, Newcastle, Man City, Brighton, Brentford all have HUGE teams which work from the bottom up. It seems to me that this is what the Club is trying to do with Paul Watson - so why not say that when he came in?! He was hailed as the second coming and someone who would be in solely in control, when in reality the Club should have said:

"Paul is the head of the department, but he's not scouting or finding players, that responsibility is with {insert}. He's not reviewing data, that responsibility is with {insert}. He is responsible for negotiating transfers and contracts. There is a collective responsibility amongst the team."

I was cringing in a few parts, where I thought that our guys on the panel were being disrespected or being called liars. It wasnā€™t nice and it wasnā€™t a good look.

Who knows more about Watsonā€™s role at Luton than him?
How can you tell the guy ā€œno you werenā€™t ā€œ, when he says he was?
I would find that insulting and offensive, if I was him.
In my opinion, unless someone knows for sure, they shouldnā€™t have commented.
Calling members of our staff liars and asking for them to be sacked right to their face, in a public address, is rude and wrong.
I mean, the things heā€™s accused of doing are subjective.

Yes, some of us arenā€™t happy with the signings this year, but he was trying to explain.

IMO the window could have gone better, but heā€™s still doing a job for the club and should be given some respect, especially when trying to explain in person.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:16 - Mar 15 with 440 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:29 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

No need to do that, just cut down on the expensive mistakes. Paying compensation for a manager and sacking him with a pay off after a couple of months. I won't mention Yates, we'll I have. Ā£2M for the Ukrainian, what's happening there. Paying a couple of million for players Pederson and Tjoe-a-on, then offloading on loan. Plus goodness knows what expensive mistakes are happening behind the scenes. A club run by amateurs will lose more money than one run by professionals, no sympathy from me.

I agree, but I donā€™t think itā€™s Watson whoā€™s to blame for it.
The higher ups wanted Duff. Actually, Coleman admits that was down to him. He has apologised for not aligning that appointment with ā€œthe Swansea wayā€.
Hence, Watson had to source players to suit Duff.
Duff clearly didnā€™t want to play short passing game, so players like Pederson were needed.
Duff was happy with him and played him.
Watson said as much in the forum.

Coleman even said that all the loans were because of so much turnaround.
He took the blame for the loans.
So how is Watson at fault for that?
Personally, I think the calibre of loans we have, even though they havenā€™t worked out so well on the grass, are top top prospects on paper, and probably the biggest names we have ever signed on loan, as a group.
Patino, Ashby, Bashir, Rushworth are all among the most exciting prospects at their clubs. And their clubs are among the higher echelons of world football, Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea, Brighton.

Then we have Lowe. Now I donā€™t think anyone can say they didnā€™t want Jamal back here, so that canā€™t be put down as a bad loan. Especially, as it has given us a chance to get the guy on a free transfer.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:21 - Mar 15 with 436 viewsjackrmee

I watched that version, as it was clearer.
Have I missed anything interesting thatā€™s been cut out?

Edit: just read other threads and itā€™s the LLC questions Iā€™ve missed šŸ‘
[Post edited 15 Mar 9:42]

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:27 - Mar 15 with 434 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:29 - Mar 14 by vetchonian

That's a fair assessment.
My view is Coleman shoukd be given some time to see if he his true to his words. He gas only been here just over 8 months is still learning
Arrived when the squad was changing as well management team.
Typically he has been tarred with the same brush as Jase and Steve.
He us saying the right thing it sometimes needs the right feet on the ground locally unlike Winter Coleman apparently has some monies invested so he should have a little more clout.
He dies seen to be trying why not give him some time to see if it's just PR bullsh*t or his intention

I tend to agree with this.
Iā€™ve been open with my criticism of Coleman on here. But I donā€™t think he did much wrong in the forum and I do think heā€™s a decent guy who is trying his best here now.
Do I think he used tactics during questioning , a bit like a politician, yes.
Do I think heā€™s a bare faced liar, no, but do I think heā€™s between a rock and a hard place, in doing what he can for the club and to be liked in Swansea, yet also knowing he doesnā€™t want to piss his bosses off in DC, yes I do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024