Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread 07:38 - Mar 30 with 10440 viewsModeratorC

A big crowd for a big game.

The Officials
Allison is a fire fighter and former footballer with Swindon, Bristol City and Exeter who became just the second ever black referee in the top flight, following Uriah Rennie, when he joined the list last season. Further reading here and here. Allison joined the League One and Two list in 2020/21 starting off with 102 yellows and one red in 35 games, followed by 126 and seven in 31 games the year after. His first Championship games came in 2022/23 when he finished up with 119 yellows and four reds in 35 games and he’s part of a select group of younger officials being fast tracked through to try and freshen up the Premier League list with Luton’s 3-2 win at Sheff Utd and 4-3 loss at Bournemouth his first two games at that level. So far this season he’s on 102 yellows and one red in 27 games. Swansea lost 3-1 at Leeds and 1-0 at home to Plymouth in their two games with him so far this term. The Swans are 1-0-2 from three, while QPR are yet to have this official.

Swansea Independent Morning Brief : In depth on today’s big game 1st Apr 2024 08:00
Today’s game at home to Queens Park Rangers is actually between two of the better sides in form in the Championship. Both sides have performed above their seasonal average of late and recent form is a far better gauge than results in November as an example. 0

Swans v QPR 1979 : When the Swans ‘noisy boys’ made the match report 30th Mar 2024 15:43
We take a look at John Burgum’s (Eeeeeee Po !) report on the Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers game back on the 15th September 1979. Back in the days of proper football writing much missed. However, you always have the Indy. 0

Swans v QPR : Pre match interviews with Loft for Words : Indy v JA.net 31st Mar 2024 12:21
We had a chat with QPR site ‘Loft for Words’, a fansnetwork site. It gave us a chance to review what we had seen overall this season. It hasn’t been enjoyable a lot of the time, and the decision making pretty poor. There have though been some good signings, not all, but some plus money has been spent. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers ‘Ticket News’ 1st Apr 2024 13:40
The Indy dedicate today’s game to Marcus Howells, lead singer of Foreign Legion and avid QPR fan from Merthyr who died in June 2023. Marcus was one of those totally positive people who embraced life to the full. Those that knew him will know why. 0

Swans lack of determination loses the game at the Swansea.com 1st Apr 2024 19:27
Swansea City again displayed a lack of commitment to win a game of football in front a large crowd at the Swansea.com today. So much so the chances that were made, and there were a few were met with the same desire shown throughout this game. It wasn’t ill discipline but a lack of desire that lost this game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:36 - Apr 1 with 1697 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:36 - Apr 1 by blackpooljack

Fulton ffs

We thaght that at the same time mate 😆

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:36 - Apr 1 with 1690 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:36 - Apr 1 by RhonddaSwans

Joe Allen injured again 😭

Getting old ,as we all are.
Still,Fulton back on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:40 - Apr 1 with 1668 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:36 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Getting old ,as we all are.
Still,Fulton back on.

Yeah its a real shame joe was looking dangerous last few games.

Between him and Walsh we need replacements.
I hope we win today so we can give some youngsters a run in the team.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:42 - Apr 1 with 1650 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:40 - Apr 1 by RhonddaSwans

Yeah its a real shame joe was looking dangerous last few games.

Between him and Walsh we need replacements.
I hope we win today so we can give some youngsters a run in the team.

It happens.
Joints,tendons ,muscles all feel strain

Pity Yates doesn’t get injured though as he’s simply a waste of a shirt
And lacks courage too.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:51 - Apr 1 with 1602 viewsunion_jack

Really only one stand out player in the first half, Josh Tymon. Head and shoulders above the rest.

All a bit meh on the whole.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 1515 viewsThrasher6

Struggling to find positives....but beating QPR will always gives me a lift.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:10 - Apr 1 with 1493 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 15:51 - Apr 1 by union_jack

Really only one stand out player in the first half, Josh Tymon. Head and shoulders above the rest.

All a bit meh on the whole.

Think Yates stands out

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:14 - Apr 1 with 1476 viewsonehunglow

My god,just how far has Key regressed

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:17 - Apr 1 with 1465 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:14 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

My god,just how far has Key regressed

Back from a long injury lay off. Some players just slot in as before. Some need two or three games to get back to speed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:23 - Apr 1 with 1445 viewsonehunglow

Tymon crossing superb and crying shame it’s all wasted .

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:31 - Apr 1 with 1399 viewsThrasher6

Oh ffs...

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:33 - Apr 1 with 1377 viewsonehunglow

Brim winning doesn’t make it better
Safe we are not
Somebody tell Lukey

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:47 - Apr 1 with 1293 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:33 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Brim winning doesn’t make it better
Safe we are not
Somebody tell Lukey

we are OK jack247 said so

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:49 - Apr 1 with 1277 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:47 - Apr 1 by vetchonian

we are OK jack247 said so

He’s deluded I’m afraid
We are sleepwalking
It is painful and I’m not sure some want to accept reality
I don’t myself but I accept it
We have a coach who selects Yates who lacks courage pride professionalism .
The first we should jettison

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:56 - Apr 1 with 1234 viewsThrasher6

Abject

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:58 - Apr 1 with 1205 viewsAnotherJohn

Hard to say anything but that this was another dire performance. In some games we look like relegation dross.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:00 - Apr 1 with 1184 viewstheloneranger

If you have a problem - play the Swans.

QPR haven't won on an Easter Monday in 31 years!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:00 - Apr 1 with 1179 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:58 - Apr 1 by AnotherJohn

Hard to say anything but that this was another dire performance. In some games we look like relegation dross.

We defo lacking upfront .

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:04 - Apr 1 with 1146 viewsjoshdon10

Awful performance. Yates 9 touches all game. hides from crosses rather than attacking them. We got Walsh. Allen. Grimes. Fulton. Cooper. All same type of players. We setting up for crosses into the box with 5ft 8 strikers. Can't wait for this season to be over with.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:04 - Apr 1 with 1139 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:58 - Apr 1 by AnotherJohn

And it makes the coach' s words seem very hollow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:05 - Apr 1 with 1138 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:04 - Apr 1 by joshdon10

Awful performance. Yates 9 touches all game. hides from crosses rather than attacking them. We got Walsh. Allen. Grimes. Fulton. Cooper. All same type of players. We setting up for crosses into the box with 5ft 8 strikers. Can't wait for this season to be over with.

We didn't notice they had a 6' 6" goalkeeper !!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:05 - Apr 1 with 1137 viewsunion_jack

We lack so much that other teams have. Heart at the moment for sure but they obviously feel they are safe and they are probably right. That leg cast won’t look good on the beach in Acapulco. And the tan would be uneven. So fair enough.

We have no real finisher either. I watched the Stoke game and two good strikes ensured the points were shared.

Pace is still something lacking. I’m going out on a limb here and say that I’m not that impressed by Ronald like others are. He’s incredibly weak when challenged and doesn’t have th3 pace to take it around the back of a player. (Placheta less so but not relevant today).

We box ourselves in due to the lack of aforethought it’s all too predictable and far too easy to defend against.

We are 7 points off the drop and with 6 to play it’s still possible to go down but even the most pessimistic must agree that it’s unlikely. We need one or two wholehearted performances though and then they can relax.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 1111 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:04 - Apr 1 by joshdon10

I just hope we are on the same league next season
We have no attack and defence has clowns in shorts
It's hard to know where to start except from a clear out starting with Grimes, Yates and the perma injured
Tymon has been a notable exception
He deserves better

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:19 - Apr 1 with 1050 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:17 - Apr 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Back from a long injury lay off. Some players just slot in as before. Some need two or three games to get back to speed.

It's his decision making that was problem constantly making wrong decisions
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 982 viewsThrasher6

Our manager needs to take some stick here. It's a load of cr#p atm....and if this is the future...then we are going nowhere. They are not playing for him already...and I can't see that changing next season.
I really have the feeling he's a dud....I really do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024