Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread 07:38 - Mar 30 with 10534 viewsModeratorC

A big crowd for a big game.

The Officials
Allison is a fire fighter and former footballer with Swindon, Bristol City and Exeter who became just the second ever black referee in the top flight, following Uriah Rennie, when he joined the list last season. Further reading here and here. Allison joined the League One and Two list in 2020/21 starting off with 102 yellows and one red in 35 games, followed by 126 and seven in 31 games the year after. His first Championship games came in 2022/23 when he finished up with 119 yellows and four reds in 35 games and he’s part of a select group of younger officials being fast tracked through to try and freshen up the Premier League list with Luton’s 3-2 win at Sheff Utd and 4-3 loss at Bournemouth his first two games at that level. So far this season he’s on 102 yellows and one red in 27 games. Swansea lost 3-1 at Leeds and 1-0 at home to Plymouth in their two games with him so far this term. The Swans are 1-0-2 from three, while QPR are yet to have this official.

Swansea Independent Morning Brief : In depth on today’s big game 1st Apr 2024 08:00
Today’s game at home to Queens Park Rangers is actually between two of the better sides in form in the Championship. Both sides have performed above their seasonal average of late and recent form is a far better gauge than results in November as an example. 0

Swans v QPR 1979 : When the Swans ‘noisy boys’ made the match report 30th Mar 2024 15:43
We take a look at John Burgum’s (Eeeeeee Po !) report on the Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers game back on the 15th September 1979. Back in the days of proper football writing much missed. However, you always have the Indy. 0

Swans v QPR : Pre match interviews with Loft for Words : Indy v JA.net 31st Mar 2024 12:21
We had a chat with QPR site ‘Loft for Words’, a fansnetwork site. It gave us a chance to review what we had seen overall this season. It hasn’t been enjoyable a lot of the time, and the decision making pretty poor. There have though been some good signings, not all, but some plus money has been spent. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers ‘Ticket News’ 1st Apr 2024 13:40
The Indy dedicate today’s game to Marcus Howells, lead singer of Foreign Legion and avid QPR fan from Merthyr who died in June 2023. Marcus was one of those totally positive people who embraced life to the full. Those that knew him will know why. 0

Swans lack of determination loses the game at the Swansea.com 1st Apr 2024 19:27
Swansea City again displayed a lack of commitment to win a game of football in front a large crowd at the Swansea.com today. So much so the chances that were made, and there were a few were met with the same desire shown throughout this game. It wasn’t ill discipline but a lack of desire that lost this game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:44 - Apr 1 with 1858 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:35 - Apr 1 by swancity

I’d give QPR credit. There are powerful athletic side with an experienced goalkeeper who defended superbly and were difficult to break down. They got the goal and then sat back even more only looking to counter attack which they did effectively several times.

We huffed and puffed. 15 goal attempts to their 10 means we didn’t deserve to lose but there were few real openings for either side. It looked like a 0-0.

Grimes free kick on another day goes in but we didn’t have enough up front and that’s a weakness at the moment.

The usual over reaction from the same jerks isn’t really helpful. You know who you are. You’d think that they enjoy it when we lose. Surely not.

I agree with you in that QPR were no mugs but we didn’t (know how to) adapt our game to give us a chance of winning.

Whatever you say of posters’ comments on here, they are spot on concerning lack of effort, heart, motivation, energy, tactics and on times sheer ability.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:50 - Apr 1 with 1811 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans lack of determination loses the game at the Swansea.com 1st Apr 2024 19:27
Swansea City again displayed a lack of commitment to win a game of football in front a large crowd at the Swansea.com today. So much so the chances that were made, and there were a few were met with the same desire shown throughout this game. It wasn’t ill discipline but a lack of desire that lost this game. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:57 - Apr 1 with 1772 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:44 - Apr 1 by union_jack

I agree with you in that QPR were no mugs but we didn’t (know how to) adapt our game to give us a chance of winning.

Whatever you say of posters’ comments on here, they are spot on concerning lack of effort, heart, motivation, energy, tactics and on times sheer ability.

The Swans had numerous chances, the woodwork was hit twice and there was an extreme lack of quality to convert chances, sorry, but Yates especially.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:04 - Apr 1 with 1738 viewsEagleEye

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:23 - Apr 1 by max936

That's what happens when you base your signings on data and stats, seems likely as to why we signed those two, yet Yates had a cracking season last season for Blackpool something is clearly missing for him not performing like he did last season, probably because we are to slow in thought and deed in the middle of the park.

The problem with data is that it doesn’t have eyes. Was Yates really that good last season ? It has been mentioned before that he got most of his goals (including penalties) in a couple of ‘hot’ spells. He had long fruitless spells last season too. Our ‘hot’ spells this season have come mostly when Yates has been off the pitch.

Any club with a fulcrum of Grimes & Fulton & the injury prone duo of Allen & Walsh is doomed to failure. Add a bunch of centre backs (any combination) that can’t defend & you have to wonder why we aren’t even further down the league. We haven’t even seen how crap the Ukraine lad is yet as none of the coaches have fancied him.

We need a massive clear out in the close season but the financial crisis that the club finds itself in indicates that things will likely get even tougher next season
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:07 - Apr 1 with 1709 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:57 - Apr 1 by KeithHaynes

The Swans had numerous chances, the woodwork was hit twice and there was an extreme lack of quality to convert chances, sorry, but Yates especially.

In fairness, if Govea was to say he meant that as a shit I’d be inclined to believe him. I’ve only seen it replayed once but the leg action suggested a shot not a cross.

I wouldn’t say numerous chances, not clear cut anyway but you’re right in that we have no one able to convert half chances like Piroe used to.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:08 - Apr 1 with 1687 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:07 - Apr 1 by union_jack

In fairness, if Govea was to say he meant that as a shit I’d be inclined to believe him. I’ve only seen it replayed once but the leg action suggested a shot not a cross.

I wouldn’t say numerous chances, not clear cut anyway but you’re right in that we have no one able to convert half chances like Piroe used to.

Please don't edit the first paragraph.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:17 - Apr 1 with 1631 viewsmax936

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:27 - Apr 1 by jack247

I’d agree. I’m not convinced Plymouth will get to where we are now.

I’d guess we’ll end up in the mid 50s

8 pts from our last 6 games, seems a tad optimistic the way are at the moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:19 - Apr 1 with 1621 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:04 - Apr 1 by EagleEye

The problem with data is that it doesn’t have eyes. Was Yates really that good last season ? It has been mentioned before that he got most of his goals (including penalties) in a couple of ‘hot’ spells. He had long fruitless spells last season too. Our ‘hot’ spells this season have come mostly when Yates has been off the pitch.

Any club with a fulcrum of Grimes & Fulton & the injury prone duo of Allen & Walsh is doomed to failure. Add a bunch of centre backs (any combination) that can’t defend & you have to wonder why we aren’t even further down the league. We haven’t even seen how crap the Ukraine lad is yet as none of the coaches have fancied him.

We need a massive clear out in the close season but the financial crisis that the club finds itself in indicates that things will likely get even tougher next season

not a lot wrong with our defense we haven't conceded a goal from open play since the Ipswich game our issue is being unable to defend at set pieces that's where the goals against have come from.
Our problem is consistency and always looking to play out from the back.
Darling today cost is loads of opportunity he chose to "maraude" forwards rather than feed Key or Ronald usually running into a dead end and then having to pass back.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:31 - Apr 1 with 1588 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:08 - Apr 1 by Whiterockin

Please don't edit the first paragraph.

Bloody auto correct😂😂😂😉

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:38 - Apr 1 with 1549 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:18 - Apr 1 by Treforys_Jack

Should have won that at a canter. As swn as Joe went off and was replaced by Fulton it was game over. Gutless substitution, so many other options available. Cannot believe that Patino can't get a game when we have Yates, Cooper, Fulton and Cullen all regularly wearing the shirt.

Very sad to see Patino walking around the pitch at the end of the game applauding the crowd after not getting a kick of the ball. What a waste.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:42 - Apr 1 with 1528 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:38 - Apr 1 by HoneyBadger

Very sad to see Patino walking around the pitch at the end of the game applauding the crowd after not getting a kick of the ball. What a waste.

Fulfilled his obligations regards his agreement to play for Swansea in a certain amount of games.

More to this than meets the eye.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:48 - Apr 1 with 1499 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:42 - Apr 1 by KeithHaynes

Fulfilled his obligations regards his agreement to play for Swansea in a certain amount of games.

This and the invisible Ukrainian
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:50 - Apr 1 with 1495 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:42 - Apr 1 by KeithHaynes

Can only be the logical conclusion. Problem for Luke Williams is that it makes him look stupid.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:11 - Apr 1 with 1403 viewsFlashberryjack

Where the hell are we going ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:26 - Apr 1 with 1347 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 20:17 - Apr 1 by max936

8 pts from our last 6 games, seems a tad optimistic the way are at the moment.

That would match our last 6 games
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:34 - Apr 1 with 1328 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:44 - Apr 1 by union_jack

The last two games have been deflating. Arguably deserved more today, but were lucky to get anything at Sheffield.

We didn’t adapt our game, we haven’t really done that with any success since Potter. Can’t agree we didn’t have a chance to win though.

Tymon (I think) drew a great save from a rasping half volley, Yates had a decent headed chance early second half but got outmuscled and put it wide, Grimes hit the bar, would have been a fluke, but Govea came very close, we got plenty of crosses in.

In fairness, QPR could have scored a couple on the break as well.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:56 - Apr 1 with 1270 viewsmax936

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:34 - Apr 1 by jack247

The last two games have been deflating. Arguably deserved more today, but were lucky to get anything at Sheffield.

We didn’t adapt our game, we haven’t really done that with any success since Potter. Can’t agree we didn’t have a chance to win though.

Tymon (I think) drew a great save from a rasping half volley, Yates had a decent headed chance early second half but got outmuscled and put it wide, Grimes hit the bar, would have been a fluke, but Govea came very close, we got plenty of crosses in.

In fairness, QPR could have scored a couple on the break as well.

We got what we deserved, just as well get used to it, Williams has had the last fortnight with the squad, what he's been doing with them over that time I don't know!
[Post edited 1 Apr 21:58]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 00:12 - Apr 2 with 1105 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:56 - Apr 1 by max936

We got what we deserved, just as well get used to it, Williams has had the last fortnight with the squad, what he's been doing with them over that time I don't know!

Squad not goid enough simple,everyone was saying sane about Martin,but he's doing well with a good squad..he can only work with what he's got..
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 01:07 - Apr 2 with 1069 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 00:12 - Apr 2 by angryjack

Squad not goid enough simple,everyone was saying sane about Martin,but he's doing well with a good squad..he can only work with what he's got..

Veterans and unfit - Allen, Naughton, Walsh

Ordinary triers nothing more - Cullen , Cooper Yates, Fulton

Write offs - Pedersen, Kuharevych, Nathan, Ntoe an On, Fisher

Not a pretty picture.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 01:39 - Apr 2 with 1043 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:13 - Apr 1 by OptimisticJack

50 crosses today, many not beating the first man - only 6 successful.
There was a similar statistic in a match at home recently ( think it was the one before Cardiff).
There is something wrong with our tactics judging by these stats.

Wow, that’s heck of a stat. If you’re going to chuck 50 crosses into the box, play Myko.
He’s “injured”, then starts for Ukraine u23 and plays 71 mins, then is “injured” again when our selection comes out. Did he get crocked for Ukraine, or is it a crock?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 01:42 - Apr 2 with 1038 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:25 - Apr 1 by max936

What's our set piece coach doing in the training sessions, I wonder

In fairness, we’ve looked pretty dangerous at set pieces this year. Some nice intricate, training ground moves. Sheehan instrumental by all accounts.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 03:31 - Apr 2 with 1010 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 21:56 - Apr 1 by max936

Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t a plan B, Williams struggles when teams set up to contain us as QPR did. Quite happy to keep compact and organised, let us have possession out wide knowing they can easily deal with any crosses to Yates or Cullen. Until we get an aerial threat Williams is happy to play, we are going to struggle to break down teams like that.

Last two games have been very underwhelming. I’d argue we deserved a point yesterday more than the one we got at Sheffield.

To say we didn’t create enough to give ourselves a chance of winning, as someone did earlier, isn’t quite right though. We were stifled throughout, but still had enough half decent chances.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 06:14 - Apr 2 with 964 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 03:31 - Apr 2 by jack247

Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t a plan B, Williams struggles when teams set up to contain us as QPR did. Quite happy to keep compact and organised, let us have possession out wide knowing they can easily deal with any crosses to Yates or Cullen. Until we get an aerial threat Williams is happy to play, we are going to struggle to break down teams like that.

Last two games have been very underwhelming. I’d argue we deserved a point yesterday more than the one we got at Sheffield.

To say we didn’t create enough to give ourselves a chance of winning, as someone did earlier, isn’t quite right though. We were stifled throughout, but still had enough half decent chances.

The tactic of trying to play wide and put in crosses against a tall defence and keeper was not the brightest, especially when we had nobody in the box to head the ball. Playing Lowe in there might have given us a slightly better chance, at least he is not frightened of the ball.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 07:04 - Apr 2 with 951 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 00:12 - Apr 2 by angryjack

The squad was plenty good enough last season. the manager wasn't.

That manager is currently sitting fourth in the Championship with a Premier League squad so doesn't have much to brag about this year either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 08:18 - Apr 2 with 875 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:23 - Apr 1 by max936

That's what happens when you base your signings on data and stats, seems likely as to why we signed those two, yet Yates had a cracking season last season for Blackpool something is clearly missing for him not performing like he did last season, probably because we are to slow in thought and deed in the middle of the park.

Maybe we should look to see if they will take him back at a fire sake price
We are stuck with this chap and we need to think of ways to get rid with as little loss as possible

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024