Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Williams play the academy players ? 13:28 - Apr 7 with 3924 viewsKeithHaynes

Should Williams play the academy players ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Add your thoughts, there’s a few in the age grade side that can’t do any worse ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 13:23 - Apr 9 with 1189 viewsjack247

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 12:55 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

I was more referring to some to replace Yates primarily. But yes, nobody wants to see a whole load of them included.

I think we need to take him out of the firing line, but Cullen and Lowe are the realistic options at the moment.

If we win tomorrow, I’d be more than happy to see us blood a couple of academy players Saturday.
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 14:49 - Apr 9 with 1136 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Cotterill has made a timely claim. This guy's must be given their chances. The big earners like Walsh and Allen will be taking a combined £15-20k a week or £1m a year. Joel and other can cut the wage and hopefully be fitter and able to do 90 mins. It is a big ask. The £1m saved goes to a proper striker. Swansea is in the small duvet syndrome. Last season a striker no fullbacks now pretty of full backs but no convincing striker.

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:16 - Apr 9 with 1116 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 14:49 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Joel Cotterill has made a timely claim. This guy's must be given their chances. The big earners like Walsh and Allen will be taking a combined £15-20k a week or £1m a year. Joel and other can cut the wage and hopefully be fitter and able to do 90 mins. It is a big ask. The £1m saved goes to a proper striker. Swansea is in the small duvet syndrome. Last season a striker no fullbacks now pretty of full backs but no convincing striker.

From memory Allen is on that alone because his signing on fee is paid over the length of his contract. Walsh is on considerably less at £6.5K a week, quite low by championship wages, but still excessive for the amount he has played.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 20:22 - Apr 9 with 1051 viewsSullutaCreturned

In normal circumstances, if we were desperate for 3 points just to be sure I would say NO, not a chance.

These aren'tnormal circumstances though, we have too many players who instead of giving 100% to try and get the club to guaranteed safety seem to be walking around without a care in the world. They've been on the beach for weeks, bar one very good performance.

If the academy players will fight for it (safety) then yes, give a few a go, it can hardly be a worse effort than what we are seeing from "seasoned pro's"
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:19 - Apr 9 with 1015 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 14:49 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I think Congreve and Cotterill will leave at the end of this season.
They don’t cut it. Sorry but that’s my belief.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:19 - Apr 9 with 1015 viewsTheAlpineShrew

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 11:17 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

Beautiful

Your best post ever
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:31 - Apr 9 with 991 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:19 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

Both have contracts potentially up to 2026. They have been shown a lot of faith and care nd need to repay this with total commitment.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:33 - Apr 9 with 992 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:19 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

There are quite a few in the u21s who will become good professionals, just not with us if we remain in the championship. When we were a league one and two club it was easier to break through, it's where they will end up, nothing wrong with that, many dream of being a professional footballer.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 23:20 - Apr 9 with 940 viewsonehunglow

Nah, this is Alp

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:09 - Apr 10 with 921 viewsjackrmee

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:59 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

Good posting.
Think we have all woken up to our reality now.
It’s all about survival this season.
It always was.
A clear out is what we need
I’d be quite optimistic if we saw sense and flogged Grimes,Wood and loaned out Yates .

Can’t see Grimes ever leaving, but the other 2 likely imo

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:58 - Apr 10 with 896 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:31 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Both have contracts potentially up to 2026. They have been shown a lot of faith and care nd need to repay this with total commitment.

That’s not a trait within the Swansea City set up.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:13 - Apr 10 with 888 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:09 - Apr 10 by jackrmee

Can’t see Grimes ever leaving, but the other 2 likely imo

I posted in hope.
Why would Grimes leave
He plays as he wants and is settled in the area
No pressures at all.
We re a good employer to him

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 16:30 - Apr 10 with 832 viewsSullutaCreturned

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:31 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

It doesn't matter how committed you are if you are not good enough.

Woud anyone be happy with paul Raynor now? He always gave 100% every game but he wasn't good enough, there's many I could name who were the same.

What we need is our first choice players showing that commitment and not strolling around like they are on holidays in Ibiza!
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 23:00 - Apr 10 with 752 viewsjasper_T

If we wrote off teenagers for not being good enough then DJ, Rodon and Roberts wouldn't have made it with us either. Cooper was 21 when he first went on loan. Cullen 22. No sense in rushing to judgement given our track record. Abdulai is 21 and two years older than Joel.
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 13:41 - Apr 11 with 651 viewsEagleEye

If academy players are good enough they should be in the matchday squads & go from there. Put 1 or 2 on the field if we are in the position to do so.

Historically the club has never really been that good at blooding academy players at the end of the season. I can’t see the coach risking it until we are mathematically safe. Even then he will be under pressure to finish as high up the league as possible for financial rewards. That’s just the way it works
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 14:11 - Apr 11 with 636 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 13:41 - Apr 11 by EagleEye

If academy players are good enough they should be in the matchday squads & go from there. Put 1 or 2 on the field if we are in the position to do so.

Historically the club has never really been that good at blooding academy players at the end of the season. I can’t see the coach risking it until we are mathematically safe. Even then he will be under pressure to finish as high up the league as possible for financial rewards. That’s just the way it works

Why did we take that Arsenal lad on loan when we have our own needing to step up.
Same applies to Ashby.
Utterly unnecessary

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:30 - Apr 11 with 609 viewsEagleEye

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 14:11 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Why did we take that Arsenal lad on loan when we have our own needing to step up.
Same applies to Ashby.
Utterly unnecessary

Ashby was given chances and to be frank we have better players than him in the squad. I don’t think Duff’s set up really helped but he is not EPL standard. As for the Arsenal player, who knows … how many season tickets will the club need to sell to fund his wages ? …. what an absolute waste
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 17:44 - Apr 11 with 572 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:30 - Apr 11 by EagleEye

Ashby was given chances and to be frank we have better players than him in the squad. I don’t think Duff’s set up really helped but he is not EPL standard. As for the Arsenal player, who knows … how many season tickets will the club need to sell to fund his wages ? …. what an absolute waste

It is indeed
We have wasted good money on absolute crap

Should Williams play the academy players ? on 18:06 - Apr 11 with 549 viewsRichardO

With the third goal scored it gave us the breathing space, with the 3 points in the bag to give both Abdulai and Govea valuable playing time in a team than could play in a controlled way not chasing the game but having to deal with any pressure that the opposition could muster but without the fear that a mistake by them could cost us the games they can build the confidence to know they can compete at this level
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 20:20 - Apr 11 with 488 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 16:30 - Apr 10 by SullutaCreturned

It doesn't matter how committed you are if you are not good enough.

Woud anyone be happy with paul Raynor now? He always gave 100% every game but he wasn't good enough, there's many I could name who were the same.

What we need is our first choice players showing that commitment and not strolling around like they are on holidays in Ibiza!

Cotterill, Congreve and Lloyd were deemed hot enough prospects to be given deals up to 2025 and beyond. They have not featured much are are now behind Govea. Parker who are younger than them and Lissah who was brought in by Allen.

They have the talent. Is there other reasons why they have not been promoted to the first team?. I have seen Lloyd have a strop on the field when things were not going his way, (getting out worked and lashing out). He has a serious engine however.

Josh Thomas has red mist issues a ridiculous going in hard on a goalkeeper. Its a matter of judgement and control. He was targeted by Cardiff players in an u21 game I saw. Cardiff players get sent off in derbies not Swansea players everyone knows that.

Congreve may have trust issues of not getting stuck in. Martin called him out. The penny might drop and they will be back in the first team picture again.

Cotterill a has always looked committed to me and has turned around the u21 team after a post Fletcher slump with the aid of some talented u18 lads. He got 9 outings for Stockport Co. He has taken games by the scruff of the neck recently with a few thumping finishes. Just what the doctor ordered. Leadership and drive.

I doubt Cooper and Cullen are going to get much netter but they are grafters and useful squad players. If they do not get greedy they have a role.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:43 - Apr 11 with 437 viewsjasper_T

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 14:11 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Same applies to Ashby.
Utterly unnecessary

If Ashby wasn't useless it wouldn't have been a bad move. Abdulai isn't a fullback and Parker's incredible progress was unexpected. Cover made sense, and we needed it with Key's issues.

Lissah wasn't a Mark Allen signing, by the time he began his role as academy director the work of the recruitment staff was well under way. That busload of PL academy players (Veevers, Faakye, Wilson etc.) was driven by Jack Chapman, who had the right contacts at Chelsea.
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:54 - Apr 11 with 412 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 21:43 - Apr 11 by jasper_T

If Ashby wasn't useless it wouldn't have been a bad move. Abdulai isn't a fullback and Parker's incredible progress was unexpected. Cover made sense, and we needed it with Key's issues.

Lissah wasn't a Mark Allen signing, by the time he began his role as academy director the work of the recruitment staff was well under way. That busload of PL academy players (Veevers, Faakye, Wilson etc.) was driven by Jack Chapman, who had the right contacts at Chelsea.

Always felt his leaving to Southampton would hurt us long term.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024