Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tainted First Minister 13:29 - Apr 28 with 5241 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meet vaughn Gething, the First Minister who managed to screw his job up before he'd even actually been given it,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/real-fury-behind-scenes-welsh-290647

The fact that Gething apparently cannot see what is wrong here, cannot see the conflict, surely it marks him down as unsuitable to be in politics let alone be leader of our country?
The tainted First Minister on 20:24 - May 1 with 964 viewsraynor94

Fair play to Lee Waters, at least he had the decency to call for Gething to hand the donation back

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The tainted First Minister on 20:51 - May 1 with 935 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 20:24 - May 1 by raynor94

Fair play to Lee Waters, at least he had the decency to call for Gething to hand the donation back

I agree with you.

I think the decision to accept the donation is completely wrong and Gething should return it and I think he needs to go. It seems there may be more AM’s who’re unhappy with what’s taken place, but not many are stepping up to the plate like Waters. It may be that Waters is miffed Gething has axed him from the transportation role, but I think he’s right to articulate his concerns.

Plaid Cymru proposed a motion today which would have seen a limit imposed on the maximum amount that could be donated to an AM, sadly, Labour and the Conservatives (who’ve been particularly vocal on this matter and pointed the finger repeatedly) couldn’t find it in them to support the amendment. That, particularly with regards to the Conservatives strikes me as being double standards.
The tainted First Minister on 09:47 - May 2 with 869 viewsBoundy

Will it go away , I don't think so .Jac O North wrote an interesting blog regarding the landfill site mentioned in the report.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2024-05-01/rishi-sunak-calls-for-investigation-in

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The tainted First Minister on 10:12 - May 2 with 854 viewsBoundy

A case of a woman scorned me thinks

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/lee-waters-blasts-vaughan-gething-

The tainted First Minister on 11:49 - May 2 with 840 viewsBoundy

A narrow defeat in the pigsty , meaning there will be no independent investigation .
"Time has come to consider Abolishing the Welsh Assembly.
The narrow victory in rejecting an investigation into the controversial donation to the Welsh FM highlights a disturbing trend, underscoring the urgent need to reassess the viability of the Welsh Assembly.
The refusal to delve into the murky waters surrounding Vaughan Gething's acceptance of a £200,000 donation signifies a grave betrayal of public trust, casting a long shadow over the already tarnished reputation of Welsh democracy.
Opposition attempts to shed light on this issue were met with resistance, showcasing a worrying lack of accountability and transparency within the assembly.
The cynical view of Lee Waters AM shedding crocodile tears suggests a calculated attempt to safeguard his own political standing amidst the turmoil surrounding the blanket 20MPH imposition, the no confidence vote he faced and the controversial £2000.00 donation scandal.
The rejection of motions aimed at scrutinising Gething's actions and tightening regulations on donations only serves to perpetuate a culture of impunity, further eroding the credibility of the political process.
The entanglement of questionable donations with government decisions and the subsequent dismissal of calls for investigation highlight a systemic failure within the assembly, one that cannot be ignored.
As doubts about the assembly's ability to uphold the principles of democracy grow, it is becoming increasingly clear that radical reform is needed. The time has come to seriously consider the abolition of the Welsh Assembly, lest it continue to serve as a breeding ground for corruption and malfeasance."

The tainted First Minister on 12:00 - May 2 with 833 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 11:49 - May 2 by Boundy

A narrow defeat in the pigsty , meaning there will be no independent investigation .
"Time has come to consider Abolishing the Welsh Assembly.
The narrow victory in rejecting an investigation into the controversial donation to the Welsh FM highlights a disturbing trend, underscoring the urgent need to reassess the viability of the Welsh Assembly.
The refusal to delve into the murky waters surrounding Vaughan Gething's acceptance of a £200,000 donation signifies a grave betrayal of public trust, casting a long shadow over the already tarnished reputation of Welsh democracy.
Opposition attempts to shed light on this issue were met with resistance, showcasing a worrying lack of accountability and transparency within the assembly.
The cynical view of Lee Waters AM shedding crocodile tears suggests a calculated attempt to safeguard his own political standing amidst the turmoil surrounding the blanket 20MPH imposition, the no confidence vote he faced and the controversial £2000.00 donation scandal.
The rejection of motions aimed at scrutinising Gething's actions and tightening regulations on donations only serves to perpetuate a culture of impunity, further eroding the credibility of the political process.
The entanglement of questionable donations with government decisions and the subsequent dismissal of calls for investigation highlight a systemic failure within the assembly, one that cannot be ignored.
As doubts about the assembly's ability to uphold the principles of democracy grow, it is becoming increasingly clear that radical reform is needed. The time has come to seriously consider the abolition of the Welsh Assembly, lest it continue to serve as a breeding ground for corruption and malfeasance."

Here we go again.

Petition
The people of Wales require a public inquiry into the £200,000 donation made to Vaughan Gething.

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/246204
The tainted First Minister on 13:42 - May 3 with 733 viewsFlashberryjack

Maybe Lee Waters himself should be investigated with regard to donations made by the Senedd to Sustrans, especially with his links to the so called charity.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The tainted First Minister on 15:23 - May 3 with 685 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 13:42 - May 3 by Flashberryjack

Maybe Lee Waters himself should be investigated with regard to donations made by the Senedd to Sustrans, especially with his links to the so called charity.

I see Sustrans has been heavily involved in the Policy making in Scotland regarding the reduction of the speed limits there .

Login to get fewer ads

The tainted First Minister on 15:39 - May 3 with 664 viewsFlashberryjack

The tainted First Minister on 15:23 - May 3 by Boundy

I see Sustrans has been heavily involved in the Policy making in Scotland regarding the reduction of the speed limits there .

Anything to make a few bob, climate change is a massive money trough and Sustrans have their snouts well and truly in it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The tainted First Minister on 16:30 - May 3 with 643 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 15:39 - May 3 by Flashberryjack

Anything to make a few bob, climate change is a massive money trough and Sustrans have their snouts well and truly in it.

Climate change is the new 70's ice age and we're all paying the price for the illusion .

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:42 - May 4 with 566 viewsRobbie

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 00:43 - May 4 with 566 viewsRobbie

[Post edited 4 May 1:08]
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:03 - May 4 with 504 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:42 - May 4 by Robbie

Well said.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:04 - May 4 with 503 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I completely agree

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:04 - May 4 with 502 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Not sure about that.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:05 - May 4 with 501 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Yes

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:06 - May 4 with 500 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I think that’s bang out of order

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 09:07 - May 4 with 499 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 00:43 - May 4 by Robbie

[Post edited 4 May 1:08]

Very eloquently put.

The tainted First Minister on 11:44 - May 4 with 459 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 23:49 - May 4 with 357 viewsRobbie

A computer nerd with fat fingers tried to post a sensible comment into this dedate .

Alas after a few edits and checking facts , trying to update my post I got lost and confused .
To me that is par for the Course when it comes to Technology .

I blame my age , that is my excuse .

Some great replies to my blank messages though , I did have a giggle to my uselessness of using a a Keyboard though .
The tainted First Minister on 20:53 - May 7 with 209 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 23:49 - May 4 by Robbie

A computer nerd with fat fingers tried to post a sensible comment into this dedate .

Alas after a few edits and checking facts , trying to update my post I got lost and confused .
To me that is par for the Course when it comes to Technology .

I blame my age , that is my excuse .

Some great replies to my blank messages though , I did have a giggle to my uselessness of using a a Keyboard though .

You just did like Vaughn Gething and just deleted the embarrasing evidence. Tho of course he denies deleting anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024