Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? 13:00 - May 1 with 1349 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? 1st May 2024 12:59
News of Swansea City’s financial position hit home yesterday as the club announced further losses. The profit and sustainability rules are forever hanging over a club, and in Swansea City’s case like everyone else it’s a rolling three year issue. 3

Deeper, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:14 - May 1 with 1309 viewsWhiterockin

Regarding the date Coleman took up his responsibilities it is cut and dry and not up for debate. The official statement from the club at the time he was announced as chairman with the last paragraph stating the he was taking up his responsibilities with immediate effect.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-appoint-andy-coleman-chairman
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:16 - May 1 with 1294 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:14 - May 1 by Whiterockin

Regarding the date Coleman took up his responsibilities it is cut and dry and not up for debate. The official statement from the club at the time he was announced as chairman with the last paragraph stating the he was taking up his responsibilities with immediate effect.

With July being the cut off month, then the fact it has changed to August dies raise questions.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:51 - May 1 with 1238 viewsWhiterockin

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:16 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

With July being the cut off month, then the fact it has changed to August dies raise questions.

Coleman has to realise that Swansea City is not soccer club but a football club with worldwide support. He only has to fart and people throughout the world will be analysing what he had for breakfast, many more intelligent and with a greater knowledge of football. He needs to cut out the BS, passing the buck and trying to fool supporters, we are not mugs.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 14:08 - May 1 with 1220 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:51 - May 1 by Whiterockin

Coleman has to realise that Swansea City is not soccer club but a football club with worldwide support. He only has to fart and people throughout the world will be analysing what he had for breakfast, many more intelligent and with a greater knowledge of football. He needs to cut out the BS, passing the buck and trying to fool supporters, we are not mugs.

Yesterday he said this.

“These accounts represent the financial year prior to my appointment as chairman and much of the budget had already been set for the 2023-24 financial year before my arrival in Swansea in August 2023”

But according to the club and elsewhere it was May 2023.

Swansea City is delighted to announce the appointment of Andy Coleman, a seasoned, successful business executive, as the club’s new chairman. Coleman has also acquired a significant shareholding in the football club – which has been approved by the EFL – and will act as operating partner of the club’s majority ownership group.

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 14:35 - May 1 with 1176 viewsWhiterockin

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 14:08 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

Yesterday he said this.

“These accounts represent the financial year prior to my appointment as chairman and much of the budget had already been set for the 2023-24 financial year before my arrival in Swansea in August 2023”

But according to the club and elsewhere it was May 2023.

Swansea City is delighted to announce the appointment of Andy Coleman, a seasoned, successful business executive, as the club’s new chairman. Coleman has also acquired a significant shareholding in the football club – which has been approved by the EFL – and will act as operating partner of the club’s majority ownership group.

Most of the budget had been set, so not all of it and it hadn't been finalised or he would have said the budget had been set before my arrival. You would think that the chairman signs off the club budget and it was while Coleman was in charge, so nowhere to hide.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 14:52 - May 1 with 1146 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 14:35 - May 1 by Whiterockin

Most of the budget had been set, so not all of it and it hadn't been finalised or he would have said the budget had been set before my arrival. You would think that the chairman signs off the club budget and it was while Coleman was in charge, so nowhere to hide.

I’m not sure the budget had been set in April 😂 That’s what he was saying. It’s another bag of rotten worms. When will these people, and I include many in this understand the fans are not idiots.

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 15:00 - May 1 with 1114 viewsWhiterockin

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 14:52 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

I’m not sure the budget had been set in April 😂 That’s what he was saying. It’s another bag of rotten worms. When will these people, and I include many in this understand the fans are not idiots.

He was made chairman on May 5th, the last fixture was May 8th. Does he really expect us to believe the budget for the following season was decided before the end of the season and we knew what league we were in. Really is underestimating the intelligence of the supporters.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 15:39 - May 1 with 1048 viewsfbreath

I hope no money swapped hands between The Trust & Kieran Maguire for this meeting or a certain poster will be all over this about Trust money going across the boarder to those pesky English.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:18 - May 1 with 988 viewsQJumpingJack

Statement from Sunday 7th May re: Winter and Marsh

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/statement-andy-coleman-may-7

and this is how it was received on this very forum:

Club tweets a rather odd statement from Andy Coleman by Tummer_from_Texas 7 May 2023 19:50
Things are getting off to an interesting and cryptic start.

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1655282079121252355?t=jH42F3gtSj8_ploL3JegGQ&s=19

[Post edited 1 May 16:20]
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:19 - May 1 with 981 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 15:39 - May 1 by fbreath

I hope no money swapped hands between The Trust & Kieran Maguire for this meeting or a certain poster will be all over this about Trust money going across the boarder to those pesky English.

I wish the Trust could also do an interview with the Swansea CFO. That could be more valuable?
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:40 - May 1 with 913 viewsmax936

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:19 - May 1 by QJumpingJack

I wish the Trust could also do an interview with the Swansea CFO. That could be more valuable?

If they did the questions will be pre planned and rehearsed, 100%!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 20:31 - May 1 with 779 viewsQJumpingJack

When did Winter leave Swansea?
Were there six weeks when we were paying for an executive chairman and CEO - not cheap.

And do we have a start date for Gude? Keith reported on his move in the Summer but the club did not make it official until a few months later.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 20:58 - May 1 with 738 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 20:31 - May 1 by QJumpingJack

When did Winter leave Swansea?
Were there six weeks when we were paying for an executive chairman and CEO - not cheap.

And do we have a start date for Gude? Keith reported on his move in the Summer but the club did not make it official until a few months later.

The leaving of Winter was not announced. I suspect they gave Coleman a couple of month in the off season to bed in and left things with Winter to run down his notice period normally 3 months or so.

Logically Winter would see out the accountancy period of 31 July 2022 to 31 July 2023.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 21:37 - May 1 with 705 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 20:58 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

The leaving of Winter was not announced. I suspect they gave Coleman a couple of month in the off season to bed in and left things with Winter to run down his notice period normally 3 months or so.

Logically Winter would see out the accountancy period of 31 July 2022 to 31 July 2023.

you may wish to edit your message - the club announced Winter's departure on 24th June. Please see link below:

https://www.swanseacity.com/taxonomy/term/2320

Coleman tweeted about Winter and Marsh on 7th May - the speculation was driven by an article in The Athletic in April 2023.

For reference - Winter started work at Blackpool 31st July.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 22:03 - May 1 with 674 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 21:37 - May 1 by QJumpingJack

you may wish to edit your message - the club announced Winter's departure on 24th June. Please see link below:

https://www.swanseacity.com/taxonomy/term/2320

Coleman tweeted about Winter and Marsh on 7th May - the speculation was driven by an article in The Athletic in April 2023.

For reference - Winter started work at Blackpool 31st July.

31 July. That looks coincidental . The exact date of the accounting period at Swansea. Perhaps his notice was until 31 July at which point he could join Blackpool. It is a not i very important to me.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 10:13 - May 2 with 541 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 22:03 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

31 July. That looks coincidental . The exact date of the accounting period at Swansea. Perhaps his notice was until 31 July at which point he could join Blackpool. It is a not i very important to me.

If it is not very important to you then please can I ask you not to post inaccurate information about the club or individuals. The club announced his departure on the 24th June. They issued a statement.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 13:45 - May 2 with 445 viewsEagleEye

There may be an infinite number of ways to look in to the numbers produced in this article, a couple stand out for me.

Matchday income is way lower now than in 2010. About 30% lower. So much for the business acumen since change of ownership or just the difference in supporters following a team on the up v a team on the slide ?

Since 2016 player sales profits are around £160,000,000 a staggering amount of money to take in for a club making a loss most years.
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 15:53 - May 2 with 363 views3swan

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 15:00 - May 1 by Whiterockin

He was made chairman on May 5th, the last fixture was May 8th. Does he really expect us to believe the budget for the following season was decided before the end of the season and we knew what league we were in. Really is underestimating the intelligence of the supporters.

Yes, on May 5th

"Coleman begins his responsibilities with immediate effect and everyone at the club welcomes him and his family to SA1."

So are we to believe that he would not at least view, and give the ok, to a budget for the season that he would be totally in charge of?
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:34 - May 2 with 328 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 20:58 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Why was Coleman choosing a manager in the summer ?
Why did he appoint Paul Watson that summer as well ?
Why was he Chairman when Russell Martin left and he made a statement personally two hours afterwards ?

Shouldn’t that have been the previous Chairman, who I can assure you was nowhere near the club in the summer. If you want I’ll give you his phone number and you can ask him. He won’t mind I’ve checked.

Bedding in ?

There’s loads of other damning moments, all we ask for is transparency.

Not conjecture.

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:41 - May 2 with 325 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:34 - May 2 by KeithHaynes

Why was Coleman choosing a manager in the summer ?
Why did he appoint Paul Watson that summer as well ?
Why was he Chairman when Russell Martin left and he made a statement personally two hours afterwards ?

Shouldn’t that have been the previous Chairman, who I can assure you was nowhere near the club in the summer. If you want I’ll give you his phone number and you can ask him. He won’t mind I’ve checked.

Bedding in ?

There’s loads of other damning moments, all we ask for is transparency.

Not conjecture.

Watson was first linked to the club in April. [The Athletic]

29th April

https://theathletic.com/4468924/2023/04/29/paul-watson-luton-swansea/

Who was appointing him?
[Post edited 2 May 16:45]
Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:46 - May 2 with 315 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans supporters consult Kieran Maguire and when did Andy start as Chairman ? on 16:41 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

Watson was first linked to the club in April. [The Athletic]

29th April

https://theathletic.com/4468924/2023/04/29/paul-watson-luton-swansea/

Who was appointing him?
[Post edited 2 May 16:45]

Maybe Coleman didn’t care because he wasn’t Chairman. And just allowed Watson in on a large salary. Whenever Watson was linked, I think we did as well from memory he has to be rubber stamped. Possibly by the man calling the shots ?

Thing is, people can’t say he is calling the shots and then say he wasn’t in the summer. That’s like me saying Coleman was involved in Swansea from August 2022.

Oh hang on …

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024